Breezair Icon

Breezair Icon

EXH170, EXH190, EXQ210, etc...

See the Best Ducted Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Room Type
    • Whole House (5)

paul k

paul kGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Control Box faulty

Purchased in October 2013 for $4,500.00.

Szane

Szane

Excellent product

We have had the EXH 190 model for nearly 12 years and have never had a problem. The unit performs well and is very reliable. Unlike every other household appliance.

Purchased in January 2008.

Heating / Cooling Speed
Seeley I.Breezair

Hello Szane - thank you for the five star review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and we do agree - its an excellent product!!! Stay cool! ~ Craig

krokan hallGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy electrical components

Had a exh150 installed in Dec 2013 and it died in Nov 2019.Absolute crap circuitry in these series.Their old models may have worked for decades but their new technology is rubbish.

Purchased in December 2013 at Cold Flow for $4,100.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Seeley I.Breezair

Thank you Krokan. If you do choose to use our Service department to organise a qualified technician, they can be contacted on 1300 650 644. Thanks again ~ Craig

MikeWA

MikeWAPeel, WA

Only 9 years old and the motor is blown and controller faulty

We had our EXH210 installed 9 years ago and only use it for a few months every summer. We tried to turn it on last week and nothing would work so we called our aircon tech to have a look. It turns out our motor is blown and our controller is sending erratic voltage to the motor. We are very disappointed with this system as it cost us over $5200 to install almost 9 years ago we expected to get a lot more life out of it than this. I was involved in a serious motorcycle accident last year so I'm now disabled and this is the last thing I need to deal with.

Purchased in November 2010 at Seasonmakers for $5,270.00.

Heating / Cooling Speed

The AndosGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unreliable!

Purchased our unit in 2011 cost $4650. Had to replace the control board in 2016 at our cost. Almost $1000!! Not happy the warranty period had expired, This week the solenoid went. This time we sourced and replaced the part. Cost $35. Very disappointed with the reliability of this unit will never purchase another Breezair product again. When it works it cools beautifully but it is too unreliable.

Purchased in October 2011 for $4,650.00.

Home Insulation Level Average

sangitachhibber64

sangitachhibber64Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Breezair evaporative cooler EH 170 / 150

I bought Breazair EXH170 from Rite Price. Immediately expired of warranty, it went down. Remote and electronic box in the machine do not communicate. In have to replace with new one but surely not the same product. I have to install other brand. I suffered last after warranty is expired.

Purchased in October 2012 at Rite Price Heating and Cooling for $5,500.00.

Matt

Matt

Breaks down just out of warranty - suggest you put aside $10 every time you use it for the inevitabl

Date PurchasedNov 2012

excellent machine

purchased in march 2010 it has been working every summer without fail for 9 years I will be renewing it with another.
My father had one on his roof for 14 years and never missed a beet. just remember to get it cleaned every winter ready for the heat and you wont have a problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Seeley I.Breezair

Thanks for the five star review Roughie - we really do appreciate the feedback - and thank you and your father for being long time customers. Enjoy your summer! ~ Craig

Jane SAU

Ok for a few years , then breaks down all the time

I have had one for 9 years now, and every year during hot weather it breaks down, from pumps to sensors, to floats its something different every time, and costs $500.00 to fix it, I should have put in an air conditioning system, its too unreliable, and too costly to keep getting fixed. NEVER BUYING ONE AGAIN !

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Jane S

I have sent you an email , looking forward to hearing your response.

ConradMelbourne

Don’t buy

It’s not a sound investment for your home. It will give up as soon as the warranty ends. In speaking with the technician. He has see many many units stop working because of a mother board issue just after the warranty ends. It’s a 1000 dollar replacement. Get another brand. Something that has a better lifespan.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

KaPerth, WA

I wish i have research it before I purchase it

Date PurchasedSep 2013

not as good as the old one

this new one won't turn on most of the time and we have to turn the power off to reset the capacitor ? what a joke, takes about 4 hrs sometimes, we all get hot and grumpy, 40 odd degrees and no air cooler,fans ans portable air coolers going,waiting for the installer to come for over 2 weeks ?

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Unhappy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terrible

Lasted 3 months. Blew up and showered the house with shards of plastic. Yet to have it fixed but cant be good. Will see what the techs say. 35 degrees in bedroom at 9pm would be nice to enjoy our air con. Sounds like no one has had much luck with these systems

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with it

This unit gave me a lot of problems for the first few weeks because the timer would not operate the on/off times as set. It took a few days of phone calls, emails and sms to get this unit running correctly. Apart from that, the unit runs very well and so quiet it cannot be heard in the stillness of very late at night unless the fan is turned to a high setting. I run at a setting of 1, 2 or 3 from an available range up to 8 but have not needed higher than the 3. Even on a day of 40 degree heat.
Very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this unit for anyone looking for an evaporative cooling system.
The expected newness smell took a few days to go away.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Shane C

Shane Cmelbourne

Very Very Disappointed

I purchased a Seeley Breezair Evaporative cooler was installed 14/12/09 paid nearly $5000. It has stopped working and I have had service technicians inform that it could be the control box or the fan which at the moment is hard to find which one is at fault, either one is extremely expensive to replace .For the cost of the unit I believe I have not had a reasonable use as it would only have been run 10-15 times a year. If I decide to replace the unit it will definitely not be with another Seeley product as I believe they are not value for money. I will be informing any of my friends if they are looking to purchase one of these models that they will be very disappointed in the long run.

Date PurchasedDec 2009

Shane C

Shane Cmelbourne

Sounds like the Breezair EXH170 is just as bad as the EHX190 Model

Well I have decided to change my Breezair EHX190 with a different make rather than try and get it fixed. It was great of Seeley International getting back to me and explaining why they sold me a piece of junk. After talking to technicians they have all told me that these model evaperative coolers are absolutly useless unrealiable and expensive to repair hence my decision to use another make. Well Mr Seeley I will never buy one of your products again and I hope many other people will take my advice and steer clear of worthless products.

Date PurchasedDec 2009

linda7

linda7

Toxic smell

Had this for a few weeks, it is seriously toxic. The smell coming out of it gives headaches and swollen glands reaction. Smelled like the worst chemical smell. Burning tyres or burning chemical smells.
We’ve complained and had the new pads flushed, several times and the installers came out and washed them as well. Now it smells like a male urinal when it is on.
Can only have on for 5 minutes and then the house smells of it for ages. Was told it’s the normal smell of new pads, how any company would think it is acceptable for any air cooling device to smell like this for any amount of time is beyond comprehensible.
Taking it up with Seeley now as installer just wants to get paid. But won’t be until it stops smelling.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Terry in Melbourne

Terry in MelbourneVic, 3178

Breezair EXQ210 Well priced, working well.

We had the Breezair installed 2 weeks ago, the installers had it installed and working in a day, 8 outlets.
The following 3 days were in excess of 28 degrees and the unit kept the whole house to a desired 21 degrees.
Easy to use Magic touch controller.
Very happy with the service from Simplyair in Ringwood and the unit itself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

kent

kent

Worst ever

as i have ceiling fans the thing never / rarely runs, lucky to run 10 hours a year
Have had a fan motor burn out, then a cct board fail, now something has failed again
Will not get it fixed, instead will throw it away & get another brand
BUYER BEWARE IF YOU BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF JUNK