Breville Kettle & Toaster BKT500

Breville Kettle & Toaster BKT500

• Even Toasting Yes (1) · No (0)

Travis

TravisPerth, WA

Great, pity I can't replace

Both my parents and I have this unit, we love the space saving intelligent design and the fact it only uses one powerpoint. My parents kettle is on the way out as it is slowing leaking through the bottom. I've been looking for a replacement but everything now is two seperate large units taking up unnecessary space. Please bring this back Breville.

Purchased in December 2014 at Myer for $130.00.

Noise Level
Even Toasting Yes
Breville
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about your parents kettle and we do understand your frustration. We will pass on your request to our teams.

kriztoefaSydney, NSW

Perfect for 1-2 people. Compact, convenient.

Where can I get another one - or something similar?
Had ours for about 5 years and the kettle on/off switch cracked and broke so we will get rid of it for safety.
Likes:
- two common-use appliances on one cord was a surprisingly practical and convenient way to use less power points in the kitchen
- 1L jug was the perfect size for two and faster (thus cheaper) to boil for those who fill the kettle even if only need one cup
- compact size really helped in a limited space kitchen
Dislikes:
- wish it had lasted longer
- doesn’t seem to be in production any more

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Christie L

Christie LWarwick

I loved it, and I had two, but both lids stopped functioning too.

I had one in our gooseneck and one in our small kitchen. The both functioned fine. However the lid from the one in the house stopped clicking shut so we had to put something heavy on it to make it boil. Shortly after the lid from the one in the gooseneck (lesser used) also stopped shutting. We did get a few good years out of it though and I can't find anything else similar to it that only required the one cord.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Great I want another one!

Purchased this nearly 6-8 years ago and still going strong! I want another one for our boat having limited bench space in the galley. Anyone seen anything similar? The only thing that doesn't work is the light when you start the jug. Fantastic idea for two appliances with only one cord.

Date PurchasedMar 2009

Mal-functioning lid Breville Combo Kettle BKT500

irate

irateAdelaide

Compact, classy and works perfectly

The Breville Kettle/Toaster combo frees up valuable kitchen bench space and its flat aluminium finish looks classy as well. We've had ours for 3 years now and it still works and looks as good as new. The kettle has an easy to remove filter and is very easy to clean and de-scale.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Irate - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Great idea but not when it breaks.

The kettle lid/release catch broke after two years. Unfortunately that means a new kettle and a new toaster. I have learned my lesson about combos which is: great idea but expensive when they go wrong as all the units must be replaced. Breville does not, will not, can not repair. My advise is stay well clear of this combo. Rather invest in separate items from a manufacturer who backs its products with service.

Perfect kettle and toaster

I bought this kettle 6 years ago and love it. It's compact design means I can keep it out all the time in my small kitchen. I hope it continues to work for more years to come as I haven't seen them sold in shops for a while now. Would highly recommend it.

Kim

KimQueensland

Lids keep breaking!

I have had two of these and I was very happy with the first one so when the lid broke I replaced the jug with a new one but now the lid on the second jug has also broken, not good enough!!

Brendan M

Brendan MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great till it breaks!

Perfect combination, around twelve months old - it now trips the safety switch if I use the toaster. Very disappointing.

ARXYZ

ARXYZWinchelsea

Perfect for small kitchens

MerriPakenham

Love it!

I have a small kitchen so this has been an ideal space saver. Very efficient and I haven't had any trouble with it so far. Purchased it about 3 years ago. Love the compact, simple design and safety features. Would even consider buying another one in case these go out of stock!
Efficient, compact space saver

Merri

What a shame Breville has discontinued this item. I've had mine for over 6 years now and still going strong. :)

Zaraby

Zaraby

Excellent but short performance

The lid on mine packed up too and now the toaster has an electrical fault. It's 4 years old and I expected longer than that. It's a great size for a couple and used to toast perfectly from frozen or fresh bread. I will buy another if I can find one.
Great size for a couple, perfect toast
Lid broke after 3 years the toaster triggered safety switch 6 months later

This is a great space saving combo for the small unit or family. Only two toasts and fairly small kettle. The toaster and kettle work together if required. The lid to mine has just packed up after three years. Probably not worth fixing so I will be buying another one.
Size, good styling.
Three years use - don't really know if that is good or not.