Breville Milk Cafe BMF600

Breville Milk Cafe BMF600

MPNs: 1180, 35904060 and BMF600

Disappointing

We had a Breville Milk Cafe for six years so were not upset when we had to buy a new one in June 2020 but far from satisfied when we had to take it back to Myer Chadstone today to be replaced. Not quite sure about it at the moment as the first cup milk did not froth however the second one did. So we are hoping it will continue to function as we have two coffees at least every day. When visitors come they always get a coffee too.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$179.00.

Theresa Griffiths

Theresa GriffithsOxenford

Works like a dream

Omg its easy to use and works like a dream weather you'r making a coffee or a hot chocolate. Cant say ive made a cold one yet but it does a amazing job at heating

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$56.00.

Rafael Levy E.

Rafael Levy E.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for heating milk for cappuccinos

This is the best milk frother in the market. Easy to use and easy to clean.
it can also be used for hot chocolate drinks.
You can easily adjust the temperature on your liking.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$150.00.

KKC

KKC

Saving me in ISO!

This machine is making our coffee and babycino’s every day. The froth is perfect. Another review mentions high temp issues which is accurate but doesn’t worry me for my use for kids and within hot coffee. It’s easy to clean and store - very happy!

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$170.00.

leon

leonHunter Region, NSW

milk temperature

Disappointing as to the milk temperature. 0n 60c to 70c milk ia only Luke warm How hot for a proper heat to drink. has any person have any solution. my old unit provided much higher temperature

Purchased in August 2020 for A$152.98.

Love it!

My foamer works beautifully when the almond milk I use is allowing the foam to form. I always clean the disk with a brush ensuring it is clean but even though I use the same brand of almond milk sometimes it doesn’t foam well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$125.00.

Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Home made Hot Choc/Capaccino with ease

Purchased the Milk Cafe on recommendation from relative. So far it does what is expected, has 3 cup capacity but won’t give the full froth experience at this level. Makes perfect froth if using 1 cup serve. Easy to use and is a joy for the family. Comes with 2 discs, Latte and Capaccino, which can also be used to make Hot Chocolate. Option on heat level and can also froth cold milk fir a refreshing cold drink.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$145.00.

m m

m msydney

used for several years

happy with it. use twice a day with bialetti. .

goes easy in dishwasher

they able to help with replacement parts

lid isnot useful and I never use but doesnt spill

kids use for hotchocolate

10 years daily use and still going well

I use this daily sometime, twice a day and have just clocked over 10 years. It's perfect, never had an issue, I love the fact I can do 3-4 big coffees at once, great for entertaining !!!!

Purchased in January 2010 at Harvey Norman for A$149.00.

Michelle R

Michelle RPerth, WA

Does the job intended

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$169.00.

dripley

dripleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A very good unit.

I've had one of these for 3 or 4 years now, using it every day. It heats and froths the milk at one time and has proven to be ultra reliable. Occasionally the milk doesn't froth, or froths very little, and I have concluded that this most likely happens at times when the cows have been fed hay, as in times of drought or similar.
I bought mine from a Breville 'factory seconds' shop. As new with a full warranty for half the normal retail price. I'll probably never need another one.

Purchased in May 2015.

Brendon O.

Brendon O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked well...until it caught fire....

It is a great frother if you use away from your house so you dont burn down your house. Breville dont give a toss about after sales service either so if it fails, AND catches fire, well hard luck.
Just out of warranty and they tell you to take a running jump. So much for the law requiring it to last a reasonable time. They only promised it would froth milk. I guess they consider it a bonus if it can also be used as a fire lighter. Why Breville exists as a company I cant understand.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$149.00.

Melanie

MelaniePerth, WA

Exactly what I wanted

I have only had this for a few months but it's been exactly what I wanted. Great froth, adjustable temps, easy to wash and no heat spots/sticking milk like my old Aldi one. Hi Lo milk from IGA doesn't froth but I blame the milk as the Woolies one does.

OldManDingo

OldManDingoSydney

Results vary according to milk brands used

Geoffg

GeoffgPerth, WA

Works well but failed early

On the good side it has a large capacity, heats quickly and frothes well. But it only lasted a little over a year before it started beeping and operating erratically often shutting down prematurely leaving me with cold milk. Something as expensive as this with such a simple job to do should last for decades, not a year or two.

Purchased in July 2018 at Myers for A$170.00.

Desperado

DesperadoPerth, WA

3 beeps of death - second one has failed

To summarise: A great product - apart from the suspense of not knowing when the 3 beeps will happen, rendering the unit as landfill.
I replaced our first BMF600 after 3 beeps of death - tried all the tips, but didn't help. So I decided to give the BMF600 another try. We've used the replacement for weekend morning coffees (on average 4 times a week, for 500ml of milk), for almost exactly 2 years and it has now 'caught' the 3 beeps of death. Breville don't seem to care, as there appears to be no design improvement by addressing the sensor issue. It's a shame, as the product is otherwise versatile, capacious and a pleasure to use. I proof of purchase but my phone camera is broken hence the poor photo.

Purchased in December 2017 at David Jones for A$120.00.

Davidon

Davidon

The inner wall is easy broken

The inner wall of the base is thin plastic, and it's hollow Behind the wall, it's very easy to get broken when you grab the base. Further more, the base is heavy, and you have to hold it firmly, then the plastic is doomed to be broken. Once the wall is broken, any bit of milk will surely dip into the sealed part and burn the motor, which had happened to me.

Purchased in December 2016 at Myer for A$149.00.

Fire hazard

In the past sometimes it would not automatically turn off and would keep boiling until I turned it off resulting in extremely hot milk and boiling over. Yesterday it boiled over, could not be turned off and would have caused a fire if I had not come around at that moment. Today it completely stopped working. Unplug it each time - never leave it while you go to do something else. It froths beautifully which is why this is so frustrating. The automatic turn-off needs to be fixed. It's only 8 months old.

Purchased in April 2019 at Amazon for A$169.49.

Anna Robertson

Anna RobertsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for making multiple cups at a time.

I've had mine now for over three years. I use it a few times a week, mainly on the weekends, and it is still going strong. it's most appealing feature is its large volume capacity. Most frothers will only let you froth enough milk for one coffee. This one has a huge capacity and depending on the size of your cups, you can maybe get 3 or 4 cups from one go. The quality of froth will depend on the type of milk you use. The higher the cream content, the better the froth is going to be My favourite to use is any pure jersey/guernsey milk (Norco or Maleny Dairy) or one of the new types of "old fashioned" milks being produced by Norco, Dairy Farmers and Pauls, to name a few).

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$150.00.

DonR

DonRSydney, NSW

Good frother but doesnt go the distance

The Breville milk cafe meets its design brief as far as heating and frothing milk goes. However, they dont last. My first machine lasted 2 years and now my second replacement one just stopped working after 2 1/2 years. Not much value in a 12 month warranty for this product. Id like to buy another but Im wary now about the reliability of the design unfortunately, so I will look for another brand this time.

Purchased in July 2017 at Bing Lee for A$128.00.