Breville Milk Cafe BMF600

Breville Milk Cafe BMF600

MPNs: 35904060 and BMF600

Makes good cappuccino milk but ordinary latte milk

The cappuccino froth is excellent. However I prefer lattes and when I use the latte attachment there is barely any froth at all - in fact none really. My Aldi jug made better lattes. Otherwise it is easy to clean (big plus) and has nice features such as temperature control. But I think they need to make a latte attachment that gives just a bit more froth so that it actually tastes like a latte and not just warm milk.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $139.00.

Worked well at first then...

Then failed as often on repeat usage with a triple beep error. Workaround was to unplug it from wall and leave disconnected for 6 plus hours. Swapped it out as still under warranty. Replacement worked better at first with what sounded like a fan inside which might have been a workaround for a design issue with the first iteration. Sadly it too failed after some months and I’ve moved on.

Purchased in January 2015 at Harvey Norman for $139.00.

Life Expectancy? Fabulous Frother No More.

I love my machine and have used it daily but the froth is now poor. How long should it last? I have tried cleaning the both disks thoroughly. So sad. Don't know whether to replace the disks and wait ( latte one early used) or buy a new machine. Too expensive to have it last and fail.

Purchased in September 2017.

Good frother

I like that it can produce lots of froth for at least 2 cups although it is not good when you only want a cup of cappuccino. I tried the latte disc but it did not work for the almond milk I got so I will try another brand. Overall it's easy to use and to clean. It just takes a bit long, nearly 2 mins to froth a minimum amount of milk at the lowest recommended temperature.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect Milk Frother

Bought the frother for my partner. This is certainly the best frother in the market.

Easy to use, easy to clean, also the two attachments (cappuccino, latte) are a perfect blend.

Certainly would recommend it!

Purchased in February 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Has pros and cons but I would buy it again

It is a good product in many ways, as other reviewers have noted. I had a faulty one first time round, and when looking to replace it I chose to buy the same again as it has the best features.

My first one had issues with the magnet inside not connecting, which is what causes it not to start. It would eventually if I slid the jug around in a circle on the base until I heard the magnet click, but it was a real hassle and it eventually stopped working altogether. If this happens to you, take it back straight away and get it replaced.

The second one has been much better. We got a year out of it without issues. After that we have had a year of it beeping intermittently to signal an issue, but it still works. It has now been 2 years, and occasionally the thermostat does not work and the milk boils and has to be thrown away. It did that two times in a row recently, when it had happened very rarely before, so not sure how much longer we have before it dies.

The size of the jug, and the ability to set the temperature of the milk are essential to us, so we will probably buy the same again, but will try to get it on special. I might buy the extended warranty this time, but would have to consider the cost benefit ratio...

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good machine, bit pricey, needs smaller volumes

After the frother that came with my Nespresso finally conked it, I went with this machine. I managed to pick it up on eBay for a pretty good deal (manufacturer refurbished), but it is still a slightly pricey unit. The milk froth, especially on cappuccino setting, is really good. Similarly, I love that the pot is stainless. It's even easier to clean than my last one, which had a non-stick coating. My only real complaint is that the volumes it froths are quite large. Even on the minimum setting I have enough to make a double cappuccino and then have about a cup of froth leftover. Great if you're serving a few people, but I end up having to make a giant cappuccino and still drink a bunch of milk, or else tip a fair bit out. That said, if you need milk frothed for a bunch of people, can't imagine any better.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fence Sitter

I purchased the Breville milk cafe this year when my new machine failed to give me the standard that I needed. My Sister in law has one and I liked hers so was happy to have one for myself.

I first loved that this machine has temperature settings so that you can choose how hot or not to have your coffee. I also really liked the 2 attachments for lattes and one for cappuccinos as I like both. I first tried the cappuccino one and found that there was way too much froth, so much that it spilled over the sides even though I was well below the maximum milk line. I then tried the latte attachment and found that there was too little froth and one person would have a nice latte and the rest of the milk would be a flat white.

So my summary is that this machine is a fence sitter. The milk is nice, however at the price point you pay for this machine, you do expect better quality, not 2 extremes both ends!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Works well when you get used to it

For years I have used the milk frother which is part of my DeLonghi coffee machine. That works pretty well but costs over $100 annually to service. I bought the Breville in hope that it would live up to the good reviews rather than the bad and my hope has been realised. It has taken some time to identify the correct milk but for you folk who have problems with frothing I can give you my advice. Pauls low fat Smarter White usually does a good job but with the hot weather the milk is lower in protein which makes it nearly impossible to froth. So I bought Pauls low fat Zymil and that makes a really good froth. Perhaps too good, so this morning I used a 50-50 mix of the two milks and the result was perfect! Apart from that, the daily cleaning and maintenance is easy, noise level is very acceptable and I find the frothing/heating process does not take long at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Dangerous electrical fault

I have owned my Breville Cafe for a few years and it worked fine. Then all of a sudden today it just turned on by itself while it was stored in the appliance cupboard. Thank God I was home or it could have caused an electrical fire and burnt the house down.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Love it but unfortunately doesn’t froth some Almond Milk

Love my frother but unfortunately it doesn’t froth some brands of almond milk (that are too watery). Froths soy milk amazing though. Great product, very liable and easy to clean after use. Dishwasher safe. Easy to use. Multiple functions. Different temperatures and froth types. I’m not good at making an instant coffee but this makes me look good!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Fantastic performer without peer but don't lose your receipt!!!!

There is no question that this is the best milk frother bar none, with a very big but........
We have had Aldi and Aeroccino frothers and they are very very average. The froth is never as good as steam and once they get burnt stuff on the bottom it is all down hill and just too much effort.
Making home coffee is never as good as the cafe with these units which takes the fun and value out of life.
Enter the Breville frother. On paper this thing looks perfect. In operation it is even better! The work this unit does is outstanding, better than cafe coffee.

So when we received our first unit from the very professional seller we were amazed the first time...

No so much the second time when we encountered, what you will see in other reviews as, the 3 beeps of death and the frother does absolutely nothing. This is doubly disappointing considering the amazing performance first time round. With lots of on/off, standing on one foot, twist left/right etc it would work, sometimes, then later not at all.

Now the seller happily replaced it with a perfectly working unit, at the moment, but you certainly have the feeling you are sitting on a timebomb after reading other reviews.

Of course review sites favour the complaints and who knows there may be a million good units for every dud but it certainly doesn't read like that and after copping a dud straight off it is not our own personal experience.

Having said all of that, at the end of the day, the risk/return equation is overwhelmingly positive. this thing is so fantastically good (when it works) it is worth a higher level of risk than the rest of the meh units.

Our unit is supposed to have a 2 year warranty. If it last that long or we can still get it fixed/replaced in the period I will be very happy. If it died the day after the warranty I would throw it in the bin and happily go out and buy the same thing again, it is just that good.

My advice is to just get one of these, it is the best without question. But buy it from a local easily accessible retail store and buy the stupid extended changeover warranty (which I would not normally touch) because there is a big chance you will be trundling back with a dead frother for replacement. When it happens you will thank me as not only will you still have the best frother around but you haven't needed to drop back to some crud alternative out of spite.
Breville should be ashamed of themselves for producing such a fantastic performing machine that is so unreliable. Still I wouldn't go back to anything else, it is just soooo worth the risks.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Best Hot Chocolate Maker For Home Use

I researched and researched as much as I could about hot chocolate makers.
This one was the best I could find.
Unfortunately most of the reviews and videos only focus on the frother.
Frothers are not unique but hot chocolate makers are.
I finally found a couple of videos after tireless searching that showed the hot chocolate making capabilities.
It makes hot hot chocolate and not lukewarm.
It is easy to use and clean.
The one thing to note is that the chocolate or sugar or any additive must be finely ground or it will stop spinning as the granules get stuck in or under the prop. The props should be stainless with grooves on the bottom of the props to crush larger granules. It's no deal breaker as the unit is working well and all others units I researched could be considered as junk as they had some flaws that did not make them good hot chocolate makers. To help stop this you can try adding some of the more granular items such as the sugar once the milk has heated up but this requires timing and monitoring.
Great product and would recommend to any hot chocolate lover.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love this milk frother

I’ve had this milk frother for over two years now and it is so great. In about a year before that I had tried over 10 different frothers from glass ones to hand held to electric frothers. All of them either stopped working or broke. This milk frother is great for frappes as well as cappuccinos or lattes. So easy to clean and use. Making hot chocolate is also quick and simple. It does take a while to froth and heat the milk when there is more than one cups worth of milk but worth the wait for creamy and evenly frothed milk. Much better than the Nespresso machines frothers because of its capacity of holding more milk. Shame about others comments about Brevilles customer service, I’m sure if they improved that people would be very happy with this product! Will be buying another few as Christmas presents this year, highly recommend them.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Stopped working after 3 months

Worked great for 3 months, then stopped working one morning without warning. Didn’t keep the receipt and breville customer care said that all they could do was sell me another one for $95.00. I’m not going to purchase another as the previous one I had worked the same but was a quarter of the price and lasted for 2+ years.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

excellant product

this has got to be the best milk frother I have had in the last 5 years it's a refurbished machine and cost $118 on eBay Australia what a great deal so if need one check out eBay I certainly have not come across any other machines has good and at the same price plus also a 2 year warranty

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Hope this lasts! It's great.

Love this! I was dubious about its quality after reading some of the reviews, so I hope it lasts because it's excellent. It was one of the only stainless steel frothers I could find, and it's one of the larger capacity appliances. Some only do about 1-1.5 cups of coffee worth of milk at once which is useless in my opinion. I have experimented a bit and found this very amenable to adding things on the fly – and it's brilliant for non-dairy milk, which is originally why I wanted one. It froths almond milk beautifully and emulsifies the milk with coffee crema which you can pour in as it's stirring, toward the end of the cycle (almond milk just poured into hot coffee normally just separates). It seems a little noisy, but I have not owned another milk frother so cannot compare. Small price to pay, anyway. Very convenient and a good variety of temperature settings (I like my milk piping hot!) as well as the two froth options is ideal. I have used this every single day since I bought it a week ago, just because it's super easy to make great drinks with and easy to clean. Fingers crossed this one lives for a while!

Can't live without it

I've had mine for 2 years now, it was purchased as a birthday present.
So easy to use and fabulous having the different heats for milk.
I use soy and almond milk and it froths beautifully on the latte nozzle.
Regular cows milk always froths more nicely though as it has more cream.
It's quiet, super easy to clean, and outdoes every nespresso frother on the market, they are hopeless.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Looks like I am another one in the long list of unhappy buyers of this item

Hello,

I just bought this item online from Myer and received it a few days ago. It does not work, has not worked once whatever I do; after a few seconds, I hear three bips and the machine stops, stubbornly refusing to start again.

I had not read reviews prior to purchasing the machine. I wish I had read the ones here since clearly the design of this machine is defective. Given ProductReview reviews, Breville must be aware of this issue yet still has the frother in the market.

I'll return the item with no hesitation.

CD

Soooo good

After having many milk frothers this one is the best as you get to set your temp were the others i had the milk was never hot enough just luke warm Im so happy with Breville milk frother product! I can have it at any temp i need You can use it for hot or cold drinks

Date PurchasedJun 2018