Breville LSC650BSS

Breville LSC650BSS

MPN: LSC650BSS

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

As the weather becomes colder, a lot of us look forward to hearty home-cooked meals to warm us up. Luckily, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over, thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now

Purchased in April 2020.

Hahahamamadada

HahahamamadadaSydney, NSW

Not hot enough

So disappointed cause I was looking forward to the 1 pot solution, the large family size and glass lid. BUT the sear function doesn’t get hot enough so the meat boils instead of browning and caramelising. Then the slow cook doesn’t actually cook. Not only does meat remain raw after 8 hours but bizarrely root veg also remain crunchy. Have used it many times using different meats/recipes but never cooks through, so I know it’s breville not me. Going to chuck it out.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$150.00.

Helen

HelenMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Takes to long

I brought one of these and through it out months later. Takes to long to cook. I made
soup an put it on low at 6.am it still wasn't ready by 7.00pm. Finally decided to do another soup minestrone and had to put it on high all day eventually cooked after 8 hours. Did a roast lamb on low all day still wasn't cooked. Went back to high and low and auto settings excellent choice I made everything cooks great.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$149.00.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Breville LSC650BSS compares to other Slow Cookers

Leonie

LeonieHunter Region, NSW

Epic Fail Breville

We purchased last year and returned it as we thought it was faulty as the food did not cook on slow even though it was cooking for about 10 hours. The replacement is no better we find we need to cook on high To get the heat up and still allow extra hours, for example we cooked diced Brisket for 8 hours recently on slow and it still required another hour!

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$169.00.

Rebecca

RebeccaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Will be returning

My last 3 slow cookers have been Breville this one disappoints.
. Cannot adjust timing without resetting (you only have 6 or 8 hours)
. Searing function disappointing - I got out my frypan and seared in that
. Meat didn't seem to cook properly. It looked a bit washed out
. I cooked a leg of lamb that I do regularly. Normally I pull the bone out after about 5 hrs but after 8 hours I had to cut the bone away with scissors and cut down the meat that was still in chunks (normally I breakdown with a fork)
. I do love the glass lid that locks in
Unfortunately for me it does not compare with the Breville Flavour maker and will be returning

Purchased in May 2020.

WhingeForChangeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easiest slow cooker I have used

Gone are the days of searing in a pan and then transferring to a slow cooker, with this unit I sear perfectly in the same pan then add the rest of the ingredients, I can set it to cook for up to 14 hours with a warming feature so it is ready when we get home and ready for dinner, clean up is a breeze with the non stick coating. I like to make beef bone broth for soup and stock and this is perfect for tat with its long cook times, I set when I go to bed and then reset when I wake up and it is ready that night.

Lucamanz

Lucamanz

Waste of money

Breville always served me well in the past but this slow cooker is an epic fail. The high sear function is pitiful, with a small batch of beef it barely browned it over 15 minutes let alone seared it! I had to put the meat in a pan on the stove to get it seared. During the first hour on slow cook the appliance clicked constantly, the noise was so annoying I ended up transferring my meal into a casserole dish & cooking it in the oven. It was probably the element maintaining temperature but no other slow cooker I have owned has ever been noisy like that. This appliance was beyond disappointing and I really don't recommend it.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$129.00.

rosst400

rosst400Sydney, NSW

Doesn’t prepare meals well

Our Kambrook slow cooker ceramic pot cracked, so I though I’d spend 180 on this Breville appliance expecting quality and excellent slow cooked meats. So dissatisfied with the meat. Lamb, pork and beef come out chewy and in some parts over cooked. I can’t even sell it on eBay or gumtree for half the price. Don’t buy one. We’re purchasing another Kambrook for $60.

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online for A$289.00.

Sherren

SherrenMoggs creek

Non stick coating not up to standard

First use I was very happy with the product, browned nicely and cooked to perfection. The lid seals perfectly and keeps the steam in. However after five uses the non stick coating has scratched right back to the metal. Having used only nylon spoons in the insert I can only presume the coating is faulty and not of a good standard. I have been so particular when using the appliance that I put baking paper under the supplied steaming rack to protect the surface of the insert, and when storing in the cupboard I again used baking paper under the steaming tray to avoid any scratches so I was very disappointed when I noticed the scratches.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Slow Cookers

Find out how Breville LSC650BSS compares to other Slow Cookers

piripi

piripiSouth East Queensland, QLD

No flexibility in menu function

Date PurchasedJul 2018