Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

MPNs: HD2237-72 and HD2237/72
Listing monitored by Philips

Pros

• Makes delicious dishes

• Wide range of cooking functions

• Generous 6-litre capacity

Cons

• Inner cooking pot isn’t durable

• Product is used
  • Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

David
DavidNorthern Region, NSW

One size fits all .... if you cant cook with this GIVE UP AND BECOME A BALLERINA

Bought this 3 years ago and it rarely rests, I even make yoghurt and raise bread yeast mix in it (yoghurt setting). Sear some rubbish cuts of meat, chuck in rough cut spuds and carrots with some gravy powder or flour and you got dinner (30 mins pressure). Rice, go brown basmati with 3 cardamon pods and 2 star anise and saffron threads if available pressure for 20 mins, set that aside and sear onions carrot chicken (beef pork whatever) chunks, baby brocc and bok choy, half a jar of prefab sweet/sour or some other crapinajar stuff and pressure for 20 mins, serve that on your rice and DINNER IS SERVED. If you cant cook in this just give up.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $159.00.

Implicit_sonata
Implicit_sonataSummerhill

Really happy with how easily I can saute then use pressure cooking for a perfectly cooked meal.

At first I had trouble with the lid until I realised the inner lid was facing the wrong way. I have only used the pressure cooker and saute/sear functions and it is efficient and easy to use. Wish I bought it earlier.

Purchased in May 2021 at Myer for $220.00.

stalegorgeous
stalegorgeousSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use, easy to clean, so simple.

I love using my Phillips Multi Cooker. It is so easy to use and clean.
I do a beef brisket slow cooked for 12 hours and it tastes amazing using this.
I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.
I purchased the Stainless steel bowl which has made cleaning so easy. It's worth getting this as an add on.
Awesome product and I havnt used the Oven for 3 months now!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon for $179.00.

Multi Cookers

Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Multi Cookers

JoMc
JoMcRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Was great for the first few uses

I just love my Philips all in one cooker. The first couple of uses I was so impressed. But now it takes ages to maintain pressure and releases steam constantly. We have tightened the nut in the upside of the lid and tightened the vent/seal dial as much as we can. This has resulted in the cooking time being much slower than recipes indicate. Even though I still use it I am disappointed.

Purchased in March 2020 for $219.00.

lesleyhillyer
lesleyhillyerSydney, NSW

Overall, a good product

I bought this unit to replace my 15 year old, very used, stove top pressure cooker. Overall, I'm happy with it, particularly the fact that it's set and leave - it stops the cooking process without my involvement.
I mostly use the pressure cook function.
Initially there was a seal missing from the lid, and I had a lot of trouble dealing with Philips customer service - slow as a wet weekend to fix the problem, so I had the unit for about a month before I even used it.
I'd like to see a better quality coating on the inner bowl. It's very thin and scratches very easily.

Purchased at Myer.

Philips S.Philips

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Douglas
DouglasSouthern and Hills, SA

Truely like my pressure cooker however .....

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Lola
LolaSydney, NSW

Was great at the start

When I first purchased this product 2 years ago it was fantastic. I now find that after about 20 mins on the pressure setting the machine beeps and turns off. I have checked the lid and that seems ok. Any suggestions PHILLIPS?

Purchased for $239.00.

Kapitoshka
KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why i didn't know about this earlier?

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer for $167.00.

Gianni D.
Gianni D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic! So worth it!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $169.00.

M M.
M M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A must have

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $179.00.

bkm
bkmMelbourne

Perfect addition to kitchen

We purchased this all in one cooker 2 months ago and I’m very satisfied with this purchase. The slow cooking option is best for overnight cooking. It also has the pressure cooking and baking options.

Purchased in July 2020 at Costco for $179.00.

VivianSydney, NSW

Faulty and Dangerous product. Poor follow up service.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

Angie
AngieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

MikeH
MikeH

Probably the best multi cooker available

I’ve had quite a few electric multi cookers and after the first cook this unit hits the mark
It’s not complicated to use and does what it designed to do top marks Phillips

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

Tartlet77
Tartlet77Perth, WA

Love the machine, the customer service is horrible.

Loved using this machine esp for pressure cooking. Suddenly it doesn’t seal properly. It have been over three months of Messages emails and phone calls. It took over a month for the supervisor to return my email after I had called and fb messaged more times than I care to remember. I finally got a reply, to which I replied with the details requested and now it’s been a few weeks since I last heard anything.

I’m ok with the product needing a new lid ... that’s life. I’m not ok with horrid customer service.

Purchased in January 2019.

Read more reviews - page 2

J-Man
J-Manasked

Is the slow cooker function really as good as a stand alone slow cooker?

Hi there.

Thank you for your message here. The slow cook function on this model works just as well as a regular stand alone slow cooker!

If you have any more questions, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Penny
Penny asked

I just bought this cooker today and the timer function does not countdown on the Sauté function. It does countdown on the pressure cooker function. Is this normal?

Hi there, Penny

Thank you for your query. That does not sound correct. We would like to check how we can help. To give you an expert answer on this, we kindly advise that you contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Julie C.
Julie C.

Im having the same problem-is there an answer to this issue?

Hi, Julie.

Thanks for leaving your question. We have researched this information, and we'd like to inform you that, unfortunately, the preset function is not available in the following modes: Sauté/Sear (both low and high temperatures), Reheat and Warm.
For more information, we'd like to refer you to our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Eliza
Elizaasked

Can you please tell me the rice to water ratio for the HD2237/72.
The book that comes with it provides no information re quantities and all info online is for the old model which had a ‘corresponding water measurement’. This measurement has been removed from the inner pot and I can’t find any information re how many mLs/litres of water to add.

Hi Eliza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For rice cooking, there should be water level indications on the inside of the inner pot of your model. You can adjust the water level for different types of rice and according to your own preference. If these indications are not there, the cooker also should've come with a measuring cup which could also come in handy. In general, however, please do not fill the inner pot with less than 1/3 or more than 2/3 full of food and liquid. Additionally, for food that expands during cooking, do not fill the inner pot with more than 1/2 full of food and liquid.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1300 363 391 . Our product specialists are available Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST, and will be happy to assist you.

See all Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features

• A 6-litre capacity provides a generous amount of cooking space to prepare meals for a family of 4-5 people - or 2-3 people, with leftovers for the next day.
  • Cooking functions include slow cook, pressure cook, saute/sear, steam, bake and make yoghurt.
  • Slow cooking times are programmable up to 12 hours, with an adjustable range of high settings from low to high.
  • 7 pressure cooking modes allow for versatility in pressure cooking, allowing you to fast cook a range of foods.
  • The Keep warm setting kicks in automatically after the cooking time is finished (excepting yoghurt and saute/sear).
  • A stainless steel outer body pairs with an inner cooking bowl that’s coated in 5 layers of ceramic. Philips states that this ceramic coating is stronger than most inner pots, which are made with a non-stick coating.

Points of Praise

• Above all, reviewers loved that the Philips Original All-In-One Multi Cooker prepared well-cooked, tender food that tasted delicious.
  • The pressure cooker function is a particular fan favourite, as it cooked food that tasted outstanding, and quickly.
  • Reviewers appreciated the set-and-forget functionality, particularly those who had previously used a stovetop pressure cooker, which require something of an eagle eye to cook with safely.
  • This multi-cooker is easy to use, even for those who are using an electric multi cooker for the first time.

Points to consider

• A number of reviewers didn’t agree with Philips about the quality of the inner bowl. Home chefs stated that the ceramic coating is thin and doesn’t last very long. Some opted to buy an additional stainless steel bowl to replace the original bowl with.
  • When the timer is activated using the saute function, it won’t count down unless there is no food in the bowl - meaning you’ll need an alternative timer if using this function.
  • The lid and sealing rings retain the smell of foods cooked inside the multi-cooker, however this doesn’t taint the taste of future dishes prepared inside the appliance.
CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers