Philips All-In-One Cooker HD2237/72

It is perfect I do not know how I managed before

This is the best purchase ever I have recommended it to two others and they love it just as much as me.
I make Pea & Ham soup on manual setting Rice in bulk and freeze, curries using McCormacks flavourings. Set it up for when I go out and ready to serve with my rice when I get home. Great for Beetroot 10 - 15 mins depending on size. My only problem is adjusting time on pre set settings like Stew I only want 15 - 20 mins and i cant seem to change it

Purchased in May 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Rice Cooking

Best appliance for the kitchen

I bought this a couple of years ago and didn’t start using it until a year ago as I have been unwell and couldn’t do much cooking manually. I bought this at The Good Guys and can’t fault it. The functions are straightforward and the cook book that comes with it encouraged me to be more creative. We have saved a lot of money cooking beautiful food at home. Can’t believe how easy it is to stew, bake, pressure cook. The lids and pot are easy to clean too. I have had to buy spare parts on the Phillips Australia website as I dropped and warped the inner pot. The parts I bought online were genuine and came relatively quickly in the mail. Absolutely love it!

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys.

Product is used: Monthly
Rice Cooking
Hi Angela, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It makes us very happy to hear that the pressure cooker has been of such great help to you! We hope it can deliver you many great meals in the future to come. :)

Definite investment into your kitchen

Twelve month’s ago I bought my first AIO cooker.
The Philips Premium All In One Pot. It was within a day I discovered the fabulous group on Facebook & both have changed my day to day cooking for the better. Far exceeding my expectations.
I would never not be without my All In One pot now.
I love it so much so that I now have the newest model Viva 2237.
I can have both going at once, cooking a main meal in one and a dessert in the other! I’m always trying new recipes out.
What I love about the Philips AIO pots, they suit me being a last minute cook. I can whip up tasty delicious meals which normally would take hours of slow cooking in under an hour!
Searing first to enhance that flavour then pressure cook in a short time. Result being, melt in your mouth, tender meat - totally drool worthy meals.
I do have the option of setting and forgetting with the slow cooking fuctions & so much more!
My family benefit greatly from my experimenting with my new favourite kitchen appliance.
The New model 2237 has taken my experience to a new high with it’s greater 1300 watt power - bringing the sear/sautée function faster to heat up. Pressure cooking function comes to pressure quicker (most of the time in under two minutes)
Makes life so easy, being able to have the choice of all functions all within the one pot Sauté, Slow cook, Pressure Cook, Steam, Bake.
Hardly any cleaning up with this new ceramic coated bowl. You practically only need to rinse it clean. That in itself makes cooking more enjoyable- when there is minimal clean up!
I can cook healthy meals in less time than it takes to get take away meals. Costing less, so more economical- it pays itself off really quickly!
I have five adults in my family & often it’s “plus two”- when the partners are over - I can easily feed seven adults with the capacity of this pot.
It suits such a broad demographic in my opinion - I’d recommend it to working couples as they can program it to slow cook & come home to delicious healthy meals.
Families with small children whom are busy and time poor.
Larger families- like mine. Retired couples or singles whom can cook and freeze portions for later.
The New Viva 2237 is also perfect for a small kitchen or when traveling - so portable - easy to take it with you.
Very easy to operate with the different functions having a preset time - you have the option to increase or decrease these timings also.
The cookbook which comes with this new model is very nice - I’ve cooked many recipes already from it after only owning it for a couple of weeks. I’ve been very impressed, the recipes are delicious and easy.
My only complaint would be to Philips is I like having the option of a longer sear time as I have had with my Premium model. I like to set a longer time needed for when I cook larger portions. I would rather have more than enough time to sear so I can cancel when ready to pressure cook, rather than restart this function.
One of the best things is when you are new to the world of “all in one cooking” is you are not alone. Join the wonderful friendly helpful Facebook group and there is always a member to help you get started or answer any questions.
Not to mention, it’s full of our tried and tested recipes we all share with each other.
If you are thinking of getting yourself an All In One Pot, do yourself a favour and buy this new model Viva 2237. It’s very good value in my opinion, a fabulous investment into any kitchen. Mine lives on the bench, it gets so much use!
Energy saving too as I’m not using my cooktop anymore!
time saving, energy saving, easy clean, portable, easy to use, good value for money
Yes, I would recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $195.00.

Rice Cooking
Hi there Lisa, We'd first like to thank you for taking the time to write this elaborate review! It definitely brought a smile upon our faces. :-) So happy to read you're loving your All-In-One Cooker -- and you're family as well! We hope you'll make countless more tasty dishes with your product. :-) Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A Must Have in the Kitchen

I used to be scared of using a pressure cooker but not anymore since the Philip's AIO Viva 2337. Cooking is so much easier and faster now. I love that this new model Viva 2337 heats up much faster within minutes of pressing the start button and reaches the required pressure alot quicker too. And the timing for NPR ( natural pressure release ) is very precise. I'm very happy about this because I'm able to tell the hungry ones waiting for their food to wait 2 minutes and truly 2 minutes later the food is ready to be served. The Philip's Viva 2337 is very versatile. As an example I cooked a piece of belly pork in soy sauce for 20 minutes on pressure and then because there was plenty of liquid I was able to reduce the liquid to a point of caramelizing it by turning on saute high. The result was scrumptious! Using saute on high enables me to brown the meat before pressure cooking it for Western meals. And the saute function is very useful for Asian cooking to saute onions and garlic before adding vegetables etc. In a way the Viva replaces the wok! And baking in the Viva is also faster than in an oven! I baked a Dutch butter cake that took half an hour. The steam function is brilliant for cakes as well as rice and dumplings! And for reheating leftovers. There are just so many uses it has to be experienced and experimented!! I cannot recommend the Viva 2337 highly enough. And most importantly it eliminates all fear of using a pressure cooker. I've discovered it is more than a pressure cooker it is a very safe everyday appliance that I cannot do without anymore

Purchased in April 2019 for $249.00.

Sautéing
Hi there, Wow, thanks for taking the time to write this elaborate and great review! :-) We're really happy to read that you're loving your All-In-One Cooker. And we must say, that pork belly in soy sauce sounds absolutely delicious -- we're definitely going to try that one as well! Happy cooking! :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Man Machine!

Cooking real food at a fraction of the time, the scratch resistant ceramic pot makes it perfect for cooking meats with bone in, so I can do my roasts and ribs and the keep warm function allows me to eat when I want to without the hassle of reheating.
I can use it as a frying pan for eggs, bacon and beautiful breakfast cookups and be left with minimal easy wash dishes.
It also bakes cakes and self saucing puddings to perfection.
1300 watt power makes it fast and easy to cook dinner when I've knocked off work.
The Viva 2237 comes with a cook book and the Facebook group Philips All-In-One- Cooker Community is my go to for questions and different recipes.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Rice Cooking
Hi Kristian, we're happy to hear that you've discovered the ease of use and other benefits of the All-In-One Cooker and that you're happily using the device for so many delicious types of food and recipes. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm here and enjoy the rest of your week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Amazing cooker!

I have been using this All-in-one cooker, HD2237/72 everyday since I got it.
This cooker takes cooking to new heights. I had previously been nervous about pressure cooking but no more. I highly recommend it to anyone who may be sceptical about pressure cooking.

This is a 'magic' cooker to me. I can cook anything with it, sautè, stir fry, fry, stew, soup, steam, bake and cooks rice to perfection. It makes cooking fun. My family and neighbours are really enjoying all the food cooked in this cooker.

Very easy and fast cooking, put everything in the cooker and it will be ready in due course. I don't have to hands on during the cooking process. All items are easy to clean even after the messiest or oily dishes have been cooked in it.

Good product. Highly recommended.
5 Star rating from me.

Rice Cooking
Hi there, thank you for reviewing the HD2237/72 All-In-One Cooker. We're glad to hear that the device is taking your cooking to new heights and that it helps you prepare many delicious types of food in a fun and easy way. It's also great to hear that your family and neighbours are just as keen on the performance of the cooker as you are. What's your favourite food to cook with the device? :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamFavourite dish? Too many to list here. I have cooked many types of cuisines; Malaysian, Thai, Taiwanese, Singaporean, Korean, Japanese, Indian and Western using my AIO cooker.Awesome! It sure sounds like you've been using the device a lot. :-) Thanks again for sharing your review, it's much appreciated. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Time, money and sanity saver!

A long time ago I was known as the slow-cooker queen, well that's all changed now I have not one but THREE of Philips pressure cookers!
I started with the Viva 2137 and then two of the Viva 2237 pots entered the domain.

Like many people who have work and family commitments getting a decent meal together at the end of the day can be a chore, not to mention washing dishes and preparing lunches for the next day, so the reason I have a slight addiction to pressure cooking and using an All In One is because it eliminates the stress and mess!

The new Viva is super fast and heats quickly with the saute/sear function, the inner pot is ceramic and a breeze to clean, so this gives me untold meal options to choose from.
I love a good curry and everything can be cooked in the same pot, I can even cook the rice at the same time!! Winning!!
I take a cake to work occasionally and having the Viva bake function makes prep and washing up a cinch.

I have a big hungry fur-baby so I can cook for him and retain essential nutrients.

Leg of lamb was my slow cooker signature dish, I now pressure cook the lamb however as there are so many adaptable cooking options if I choose to slow cook it I can.

The All In One, really is an ALL IN ONE, I can slow cook, pressure cook, bake, use it as a rice cooker, frying pan,sauce pan, yogurt maker, and my favorite feature, less dishes!!

I wish I'd had one when my children were little, although down the track there may be grandchildren so cooking quality food will a pleasure.

Love, love , love my Philips AIOs!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Rice Cooking
Hi there, Thank you for taking your precious time to write this review about the All-In-One Cooker here. We are happy to hear that you are able to cook up some great nutritious dishes, and that it helped you out by making cooking a more enjoyable experience. Please feel free to reach out to our team whenever you have questions or remarks. You can do this by social media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare) or via phone on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Have a nice day and enjoy your All-In-One Cooker! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

MY New Best Mate

I have used pressure cooking on and off over the last 20 years starting off with a stove-top design but my family and friends always seemed a little wary of the “hissing” sound that emanates during pressure and I went back to slow cooking.
Almost 2 years ago I needed to replace my slow cooker and decided to purchase the Philips Viva Collection All in One Multicooker HD 2137 so I could utilise both slow cooking and revisit pressure cooking.
My husband was quite impressed that I could now make a curry when I got home from work, rather than it being an all-day process in the slow cooker. I was so impressed that I had been considering getting another so I could utilise both at the same time one for mains and the other for sides. I often use it twice daily.
I have now had the new Philips Viva Collection All-in-One Multicooker HD2237 for around a month and am absolutely delighted in the improvements.
I love the saute/sear capabilities of the new model and how quickly it heats up due to the increased wattage. I was amazed at how well it reduced fluid on high saute mode after completing pressure cooking to make a beautiful rich gravy without having to add any flour or thickening agents.
I’ve noted it reaches “pressure” much faster when using pressure cooking mode and have made a few of the dishes in the beautifully illustrated recipe book that comes with it as well as a some old favourite recipes and all turned out delicious.
The new ceramic bowl is amazing and so easy to clean and I really appreciate that both my other All In One cooking bowls can be interchanged with the HD 2237.
I am very much looking forward to utilising all the various cooking modes this machine has on offer and creating healthy and nutritious meals for my family.
The HD 2237 comes with a 2 year replacement warranty and support from Philips Customer Care Team.
Thank you Philips for the great improvements, I am already recommending friends & family to purchase this new Viva AIO as they won’t be disappointed

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi there, how nice that you've chosen for the HD2237/72 All-In-One Cooker! It's great to hear that you and your husband were so keen on the first Philips All-In-One Cooker you've purchased that you've decided to get another one. How ideal that you can now prepare the mains and sides at the same time with the cookers! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences and for telling us about all the things you love about both devices. We highly appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

My great all rounder just got even better!

I’m no stranger to all in one cookers. I had used a couple of other brands before I bought my original Philips Viva HD2137 a few years ago and it’s still going without a hitch like the wonderful workhouse that it is. I’ve held it in such high esteem as an essential kitchen tool and life changing device, that I’ve bought 5 as gifts for other people knowing what an incredible difference they make. When Philips released the new improved Viva HD2237, I knew I had to have one to see what all the hype was about.

The new Viva is a total winner! At 1300 watts it’s more powerful than it predecessors by a massive 300 watts. This thing heats up fast!!! It cuts preheating time by double to triple with some of my recipes, meaning that meals cook cook faster and I can get food on the table for my hungry horde even quicker than before. That’s a big plus on busy weeknights! And it’s so much fun to use that even the hubby is happy to have a crack at cooking in it.

With my previous Philips all in one cookers I’ve really enjoyed that I’ve had the choice of using a non stick bowl or a stainless steel bowl for different purposes. (These are available on Philips website along with spare parts such as seals and some major retailers are now stocking them too.) In the past, this has been a big selling point for me as to my knowledge, few other brands offer the choice of different types of bowls and the same bowls can be used in any other Philips All In One Cooker models too. I’m thrilled that the new Viva comes with a ceramic bowl as I now have more choices than ever! I’ve found the non stick qualities of the ceramic bowl to be good and like the stainless steel bowl, I imagine it would be attractive to those who don’t like to cook in non stick surfaces for health reasons.

The original Viva was a robust build that has never let me down. Check out one in a store and you will immediately feel why compared to the other brands that only have a one year warranty, that Philips has the confidence to give its all one cooker an unusual 2 year warranty. I find the Viva to be a great design with its sleek good looks and easy to manage and easy to clean, lift right off lid as opposed to a hinged lid which can present problems. The no nonsense buttons work well and the whole unit is easy to keep looking good. All the functions deliver what they promise to, very well. The original Viva concept has always worked seamlessly and the New Viva is no different. I’m glad Philips kept the external build the same.

The cookbook that comes with the new Viva is the best yet! It’s clear that it was written in Australia New Zealand because it’s packed with loads of good looking and sensible recipes to tantalise modern Aussie & Kiwi tastebuds. There’s also heaps of tips and tricks to help any newcomer get started.

You’re not alone when you buy a Philips All In One Cooker. I’ve always found Philips after sale customer service to be spot on and also there’s a great group on Facebook called the ‘Philips All-In-One Cooker Community (All pot’s welcome)’ where there’s always someone ready to help troubleshoot and where I learn how to get the most out of my Viva. It’s full of friendly people who generously share recipes and knowledge.

I still love my faithful older generation Viva HD2137. It’s never let me down so I know that it’s twin the brand new Viva HD2237, whilst taking my all in one cooking to a whole new high, will last me for meany years to come.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Rice Cooking
Hello Laraine, Thanks a lot for your elaborate feedback on the All-in-one cooker. We can imagine that other customers can learn a lot from your tips and tricks! We're really happy to read that you love the cooker and we'd like to thank you again for sharing your input with us. You know where to find us if you ever need help with something. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

A real workhorse!

This Viva 2237 all in one has changed the way I cook for my family. This single pot has replaced nearly all of my kitchen appliances and sits permanently on the kitchen bench now as it gets used every single day. I no longer stand over a hot stove, or have my oven running for hours on end to cook a meal, it’s so quick and easy and makes cooking so much fun. I pressure cook beautiful Ribs, Pulled Pork, Chicken Teriyaki with rice, steamed puddings, Risottos, the list is endless. I originally thought I would just be using the pressure cooking function, but have found it so user friendly, I also use it for slow cooking, rice cooking, and bake nearly all my cakes in it too. I love that I can prepare a family meal and have it on the table quicker than it takes me to get takeaway, and washing up is a breeze with only 1 pot. I feel safe using it knowing that it has so many safety features, and love the fact that it comes with a ceramic coated pot. This is an absolute workhorse of a machine & great value for money

Rice Cooking
Hi there, Wow! That makes us really proud! It sounds like you're a huge fan. :) We appreciate the kind words and we're really happy to hear this changed the way you cook. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you alright? Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Cant imagine my kitchen without this appliance now.

The Viva HD2237 has improved my kitchen experience considerably. Im not a foodie and so to have an appliance that helps me to deliver tasty and nutritious dishes from carrot cake oats for brekkie through to melt in the mouth ribs with beer bread and chocolate cake for dessert with less mess and fuss is actually magic to me.

It took me a little while to become comfortable with my original Viva though once I had what almost felt like 'in my kitchen support' from the Philips All-In-One-Cooker Community Facebook group I started to find my groove.

So much so that when the new Viva HD2237 came out I passed my current model to my sister so that we could both enjoy the convenience.

Its easy to use once I got the basics under my belt and was well worth learning the little tips and tricks that helped me get the most out of my cooker. It really is pretty much a set and forget until Im ready to serve up. My only wish is that it comes with the option of choosing a stainless steel bowl from new.

I have no issue in recommending it without reservation to my family and they now all have one as of two days ago.

Rice Cooking
Hi there, we love hearing that you like the device as much as you do! Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your thoughts and experiences, it's much appreciated. In case you do have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the product specialists via 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The most useful appliance in my kitchen. I love it!

I love this machine! It would have to be the most useful appliance in my kitchen. I’ve always been a believer in keeping things simple and the Philips HD2237 All In One does just that.
I’ve had some experience with pressure cooking having bought Philips previous AIO, the Deluxe. I love it but one is never enough, right?
I’ve cooked old favourites plus several recipes from the cookbook which comes with the AIO and just love how easy it is and how delicious they are. I will comment on the instructions in the book for many of the soup and curry recipes. They say to vent the AIO either straight away or after only a couple of minutes. From experience anything with that much liquid is best left for at least ten minutes after cooking has finished to allow it to depressurize naturally. If you have time I’d let it depressurize fully. That said, there are recipes for all tastes and they are wonderful and tasty.
I must also mention the other functions this AIO has. You can saute/sear which means cooking can all be done in the one pot, you can bake, steam, slow cook, do rice and risotto, stew and even do yoghurt. There’s even a manual setting so you can set your own time rather than using the preset times of the other functions. The yoghurt setting is quite handy for those who make their own bread as you can pop your loaf in to prove. With so many functions I barely use my stove, oven or microwave.
The only issue I have is that parts of the display are a bit small and a little hard to read. Perhaps if these were in a different colour it would be easier to see.
This machine will suit everyone whether you’re from single person households, big families, are super busy or just want another method for cooking amazing meals. I highly recommend buying the Philips HD2237 AIO!

Rice Cooking
Hello there, Thanks for taking your time to share your elaborate review. We definitely appreciate this, because it allows us to gain knowledge on how the products can be improved. It's great that you're enthusiastic about the specs and how it enables you to prepare some delicious meals very easily. Please know that if you ever need our assistance, you can reach out to us via our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) or via telephone: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

a great additon to my kitchen

I love this appliance ever since I got it. Cooking meats, soups and seafoods hasn't become so easy if not for this. I love that I can leave it for a while without being shocked I overcooked something afterwards.

Purchased in March 2019.

Thanks for the nice review, Lina. We're happy to read that you're quite enamoured with the HR 2237 All-In-One Cooker! If you have any questions, or if you require our help, you can reach out to us through our social media channels or via telephone: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

HD2237 is a winner!

If you asked why I bought my first Phillips AIO (Premium), I wouldn’t say it was for any of the great features I have since discovered ....like making yoghurt, baking, being able sear, sauté & steam, cooking meat from frozen or whipping up delicious stews and curries in a jiffy. The reasons were (1) my sister who hates cooking acquired one (Viva) and wouldn’t stop raving on about it and (2) my trusty 30 year old slow cooker died . Old sibling rivalry kicked in and as I had to go one better, I went out and bought a Premium without quite knowing the extent of what it could produce without too much effort. Needless to say, once I figured out all the features I was hooked, & cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Also being able to produce a meal in a single pot made the family even happier (less mess to clean -family rule, the chef goes off duty once the meals are served, someone else has to clean up). Next arrival in house was the Deluxe which came with some handy extra features like adding ingredients & sauce thickening, however I preferred the shape and twist-off lid of the Premium. So when I first saw the new 2237, I was so pleased to see it returned to the familiar shape of the Premium with the separate lid but also a new ceramic bowl, the rapid heating and increased wattage, & easy operation. It has quickly become my favorite AIO, & I continue to impress the family with a the meals I produce in my newest AIO. I have also successfully adapted my favourite marmalade recipe, and saves time by pressure cooking the fruit and the jam reaches setting temperature quicker.
I do have one small issue with the font on the display screen of the pressure cooking selection too small for me to read without glasses.
However, despite never having used pressure cooking before (too scared), I have quickly gained confidence, able to adapt my trusty old favourite recipes, & be adventurous by trying out new dishes I would never have attempted before....none of which I could’ve done without the support of our wonderful Facebook community. (PS I’m still winning the sibling AIO completion - 3 to 1)

Purchased in March 2019.

Thanks for the review. It seems that the sibling rivalry has been good for something! ;) Joking aside, it’s great to read that the HD2237 All-In-One has been quite to your liking, and it sounds like it’s the perfect combination of the older cookers you’ve been looking for. Also, we appreciate the feedback you’ve given us, as it can help improve our products. While we hope that you’ll keep impressing those around you with your culinary skills (and the All-In-One Cooker) in the future, if you ever have any questions, or need our help, you can always reach out to us through social media or via telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Would be lost without it!

As a previous Viva All in One Cooker owner I was curious to see if the new improved Viva would be as good as the older model. I am blown away by how they improved the heating and new pot. It heats up much faster and while the temperatures of the settings haven’t changed I feel it does saute and boil better then the older model. As a mother of a young child, time is a big factor for cooking meals, The Viva HD 2237 allows me to spend less time in the kitchen but cook more delicious and nutritious meals for my family. Also having the piece of mind that I don’t have hot pots and the stove unattended is very comforting. I use my Viva almost daily and I would be lost without it now. The only small cons I have with the new pot is that the markings are hard to see and also it seems to stick slightly more then the old non stick. I prefer using the stainless steel pot that is sold separately. The most helpful thing that I have found is the Philips all in one community Facebook group. There are so many great recipes and advice from the group.

Rice Cooking
Thanks for your kind review. It’s great to read that the HD2237All-In-One Cooker has been of great help within your household, especially with a young child around. :) We also appreciate the feedback you’ve shared with us: our products are always open for improvement. If you have any questions in the future, you can always get in touch with us through our social media channels or via telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A truly wonder appliance everyone should have one in your home.

I love my new Philips Viva All In One Cooker HD2237. It’s one very versatile appliance.
I use it daily. Also my family are enjoying the great curries and casseroles I’m able to cook in our new AIO cooker.

After 3 weeks of using this multicooker I’ve found it heats up and comes to pressure much quicker than my previous and older Viva HD2137. This greatly shortens overall cook time. I am very happy with this machine. It saves me so much time in the kitchen. I remember I used to stir risotto on the stove for ages but with the new Viva Philips AIO only takes less than 10 minutes with pressure cook method – no stirring, and it never burns. This multicooker cooker allows me to set, walk away and the food even keeps warm for me until I’m ready to serve it up. No longer do I need to watch over the stove. My conventional pressure cooker won’t turn off itself and keep food warm for me while I am out. With the Philips Viva, I have this luxury. It frees me up so I can enjoy life.

Another feature I love is the timer function, I am able to set a pot of porridge before bed and it will be ready, kept warm for kids breakfast. Sometimes I will pre-set a pot of rice the night before and have it ready when I wake up. Sushi for the kid’s lunchboxes has never been easier.

I also clean less pots now because I can sear/brown my meal in the same pot then pressure cook or slow cook in the same pot. Who doesn’t like less washing? I do!

I do find the new Viva HD2237 ceramic pot is less non-stick compared to my previous Viva HD2137. It just requires a little soak in warm water to release foods that stuck to it. The new ceramic pot does seem to brown food better. For example, I’ve made pot stickers dumpling recently, on two separate occasions and the crispy base result was really pleasing. The new Viva HD2237 also impressed me when I’ve made stir-fried dishes, fresh Hokkien noodle tastes as good as cooking on a gas stove.

Another thing I love about my Philips Viva is that when I use the pressure cooking function in Summer, it keeps my kitchen cooler than using my stove or oven because it doesn’t give off heat like they do. All the heat is kept inside the machine.
Dishes that required 2-3 hours to cook, I can now can make them in 20 minutes. This saves me time & electricity.

I am having a fantastic time cooking in this new viva AIO. Thank you Philips

Rice Cooking
Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Cheng. It’s great to read that the HD2237 All-In-One Cooker has been to your liking so far, and that your cooking sessions have become easier (and much faster) as a result. We also appreciate the additional feedback you’ve given us with regard to the ceramic pot: this helps us to improve our products. If we can help you with anything in the future, feel free to reach out to us via our social media channels or via telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Cooking is such a breeze now.

I am proud to say I am a pressure cooker convert. For the past 5 years I have been thermo cooking my meals, but not anymore. I had always been curious about pressure cooking but I wasn’t quite game enough to take the plunge and buy one, mainly due to my concerns about the safety side of things having listened to my Mums horror stories of pressure cooking as a kid. I decided to take the plunge one day and oh my goodness, why didn’t I do it earlier? My thermo machine has now taken up residence in a back corner of the kitchen.

The Philips All-in-One Cooker HD2237 Viva Collection is so easy to use. With 1300W of power, the searing action is super fast and heats up 25% faster than previous models. It has 9 safety protection systems so my fear of pressure cooking went out the window knowing that. The 6ltr ProCeramic+ pot is 5 times more durable than conventional inner pots and anti-scratch. You can sear in the inner pot and it retains heat well and the pot is simple to clean (a quick soak does the trick I found sometimes) along with the detachable inner lid. I do find the measurements on the inside of the pot hard to read at times due to the dark ceramic coating, but if I turn the inner pot towards the light it will show up clearer. This cooker allows you to save time and money. No more cooking meals in your power hungry oven or on the stove top for hours on end, therefore saving you time and money. There’s also the added bonus of not heating up the kitchen on a hot day. When time is short you know you can easily prepare and present a meal by using the pressure cooking function.

I love the progress bar when it’s cooking, at a glance you know just what stage it is at. The function buttons are easy to use and view. It’s so nice knowing that one recipe can be cooked two ways, either slow or high slow cooked if time permits or pressure cooked if time constraints apply. The 12hr keep warm function is a blessing, especially knowing that I can put a slow cook meal in the pot and leave it cook all day and then not have to worry about getting home in time to eat it once cooking has finished. It will stay lovely and warm until I’m ready to serve it. Such a great feature for busy workers who work long hours.

The Philips All-in-One Cooker HD2237 Viva Collection features 16 cooking modes all with adjustable cooking times. 5 of these are automatic programs such as Soup, Risotto, Rice, Steam, Meat/Poultry and Manual mode. The other modes are Slow Cook, High Slow Cook, Sauté Low Temp, Sauté High Temp, Stew, Yoghurt, Bake and Warm. I’m really happy with the Yoghurt mode and the way my yoghurt turns out. You will save heaps of $’s making your own yoghurt. I simply follow the recipe from the supplied cookbook and put all the ingredients into the pot, select Yoghurt and then walk away for 8 hours. Hours later I come back and find perfectly set yoghurt which I then decant into another container and place in the fridge for further fermenting overnight. The next morning my yoghurt is thicker and creamier which is so nice to eat on museli.

The Bake function is another favourite of mine. The cakes I have made turn out so moist and full of flavour. My personal preference is to line my pot with baking paper to make it easier to remove the cake from the pot once cooked but it’s not a requirement, as the ceramic surface ensures the cake will slide out easily. Pressure cooking curries and stews with cheaper cuts of meat takes your meal to another level. Seriously the meat will literally melt in your mouth.

This little machine is by far the best investment I have ever made to join my kitchen appliance collection. Philips have made a sturdy, well made reliable pressure cooker that honestly anyone can very easily use. It’s a fully portable machine suitable for home cooks of any age, taking on holidays with you and small enough to have in uni. type accommodation rooms. The glossy full sized recipe book that comes with the machine contains 64 inspirational and mouthwatering recipes that will satisfy anyones culinary desires. I have found that the more I use this appliance the more confidence I gain, therefore extending my cooking skills. Knowing that I can whip up something like curry in a hurry, ribs that melt in the mouth, a quick soup, steamed wontons, creamy risotto or baked cakes and desserts, it truly is an amazing appliance to have and use in your kitchen.

With a 2 year warranty on the appliance there is is peace of mind knowing that should something unfortunately go wrong, then the Philips Customer Care Team will be there to help sort it out. Like anything that is continuously used over time, things will wear out and knowing that spare parts are readily available directly from Philips adds to that peace of mind.

One more thing, the Facebook group Philips All-In-One Cooker Community (All Pots Welcome) is simply an amazing and helpful community for anyone new starting out on this pressure cooker journey. I have learnt so much from this wonderfully supportive group and I’m still learning. There are so many tried and tested inspirational recipes posted daily from all around Australia and Overseas from members within this group. The admin. team are some of the nicest people you could ever talk to, so helpful with any answers to questions and suggestions. I highly recommend if you’re sitting on the fence like I once was, then do yourself a favour and purchase this product. You will so love what it can do to make your life simpler and most of all save you time and money. A big high five to Philips for manufacturing this amazingly and absolutely essential kitchen appliance.

Rice Cooking
Thanks for the elaborate (and very nice) review, Collette. We’re happy to read that the HD2237All-In-One Cooker has not only managed to converted you to a true pressure cooker user -even inspired to cook some of the recipes from the included recipe book - but you’re even spreading the good word now! ;) Just as important though, is that you yourself have been having a great time with the cooker, and that it, in a way, can contribute to your daily lifestyle. We hope that you’ll enjoy your All-One-Cooker for some time to come, and if you ever need our help, feel free to get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter or via telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The AIO is a dynamic addition to my kitchen!

Having only recently received my new Philips AIO HD 2237 I decided it was time for a assessment of my new machine. Due to cicumstances I have only had limited time to try it but am delighted so far. The dishes I have cooked so far are my recipes but with times and instructions adapted from accompanying recipe book. Everything has been a success so far with the meat very tender and all the dishes delicious. There are several functions I will rarely use but will be good to have when required. I have now used a number of the functiona with great reuluts and would reccomend this new AIO to anyone.
In summary - saute function is fast and hot on both high and low.
Heating period is fast as is reaching pressure. The pressure cooking time also seems faster and NPR is effective.

My first impressions are this is an impressive machine that is fast and reliable while also being energy and cost effective and results in tasty dishes for all situations. Looking forward to cooking further dishes in my new kitchen toy.

As a single person household I was unsure about upgrading mu AIO deluxe . It has limited use during the summer months and perhaps only once or twice a week the rest of the year.

However I now have the new Philips HD 2237 and have found it a much improved machine. Sauteing is hotter while coming to heat faster and then reaching pressure faster. I have now cooked several dishes and am very happy with the results. The fact I can also use my SS bowl in this AIO is a bonus. However I find the measurements in the bowl very hard to read as can be the electronic screen for the preset functions.

The recipe book is handy but woud like to see a few basic recipes included for the beginners as it can be difficult when you first start using an AIO. I must also add the the Philips AIO community group has been a great support system to have.

Overall I am very happy with this new addition to my kitchen and would happily recommend it . Ann Smith

Sautéing
Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Ann. It seems that the HD2237 All-In-One Cooker has been quite a gamechanger for you, and we’re happy to hear that. :) We also greatly appreciate the feedback you’ve given us: this definitely helps to improve our products. If you ever need our help in the future, you can always reach out to us through our social media channels or via telephone: 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). We hope that you’ll enjoy your new All-In-One Cooker for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

BIG THUMBS UP TO THE PHILLIPS HD2237

I love the all new Phillips HD2237 was so excited to have this new addition in my kitchen along side of my Phillips deluxe.

1300 watts power says it all, heats up so much quicker and meals on the table faster, than my previous model, which I love as well, but so different.
I cook a lot of curries/casseroles and roasts on pressure cooker side and use bulk budget meat 2 kilos at a time, the meat is cooked to perfection and just falls apart, I cook curry in one, rice or vegetables in the other now. I love it when it's cooked and it flicks over to keep warm for 12 hours. Great for family's that eat at different times

Ceramic pot is so good as it's scratch resistant, the only thing is the inside measurements on bowl are very hard for me to read, also finds the pressure cooker modes hard to read as well but that's only minor.

Easy lid to get on and off.

Easy simple instructions on how to use it for first timers.

Cook book is amazing and lots of recipes to suit all, but do think some simple back to basic recipes and tips on all roast meats, plain pasta and rice and vegetables, boiled eggs guide on min-max amounts and times would be a good for new comers.

Saute mode is my favourite, heats up so fast and can brown any meat real quickly and pop onto pressure cook mode.

Thanks Phillips you have impressed me again, so love this machine and would highly recommend this Phillips Viva HD2237 to all my friends and family.
Both my machines sit side by side permanently on my bench.

Rice Cooking
Thanks for the review, Cathy! It sounds like we’re dealing with quite the fan of our All-In-One cookers. :) It’s great to read that you’ve been enjoying your new cooker so far (thank you for sharing your love for our Deluxe model as well) and that it can contribute, even if a little, to your family’s lifestyle. We also greatly appreciate your feedback, as it can help to improve our products. If you ever have any questions, or if we can help you out, feel free to get in touch with us through our social media channels or by telephone: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Awesome product! Highly recommend for any household.

Prior to having this Philips All-In-One, I had the previous Philips Viva iteration and I absolutely loved it for many reasons. It gave me more confidence to try new things in the kitchen because everything was simplified pretty much down to the one machine. No need to get multiple pots and pans dirty, and no need to wait for stovetops/ovens/etc. to heat up or to waste energy on this. The 2237 Viva model has only improved on these specs, as it heats up quicker and uses less energy. I have cooked a few things for comparison and without fail have found that the new one heats up much quicker, even when the bowl is fairly full, and produces equally fantastic results.

The convenience and ease-of-use are huge pluses for me for a few reasons. First, because I don’t need to spend so much time on meal prep. The size of the pot allows me to cook dinner (for two) with enough left over for almost a full week of lunches. Second, there is no need for me to hover around pots and pans while I’m cooking since the Viva has it all covered. Third – and perhaps most important – as someone with a chronic illness that typically leaves me with very little energy, it is such a relief to have something like this that will do most of the work for me and ultimately produces healthy and substantial meals. I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone that struggles with chronic fatigue or chronic pain, because it is so easy to make meals that are just ‘set-and-go’ and, as an added bonus, it creates very few dirty dishes so clean-up is easy.

The machine is fairly simple and the interface is very user friendly. I really like having the progress bar to tell me exactly where the machine is up to. The new recipe book also does a very good job of setting things out in a way that is easy to follow and I have found it a lot more informative than the previous recipe book. There are a decent variety of recipes so it is good to familiarise yourself with the different functions, which are all clearly labelled. This makes it easy to go from cooking a full roast one night to baking a cake or making homemade yogurt the next. I will say that it took me a little while to get the hang of things when I started with my previous All-In-One, but it didn’t take long for me to feel comfortable with using it.

Overall, I highly recommend this product for its convenience, ease-of-use, and versatility. The fact that the machine heats up quicker, has a more comprehensive booklet, and uses less energy are huge advantages over the previous model. 10 out of 10.

Sautéing
Thanks for sharing this great and elaborate review, Tees. It’s great to read that you’ve been enjoying your new All-In-One cooker and, more importantly, it can contribute to making some aspects of your daily life a bit easier. If you have any other questions, or you need our help, please feel free to reach out to us via social media or via telephone through 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Here’s to you enjoying your All-In-One Cooker for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team