Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

MPN: HD2237-72

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

As the weather becomes colder, a lot of us look forward to hearty home-cooked meals to warm us up. Luckily, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over, thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

VivianSydney, NSW

Faulty and Dangerous product. Poor follow up service.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for A$179.00.

Angie

AngieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer for A$179.00.

MikeH

MikeH

Probably the best multi cooker available

I’ve had quite a few electric multi cookers and after the first cook this unit hits the mark
It’s not complicated to use and does what it designed to do top marks Phillips

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$199.00.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Slow Cookers

Tartlet77

Tartlet77Perth, WA

Love the machine, the customer service is horrible.

Loved using this machine esp for pressure cooking. Suddenly it doesn’t seal properly. It have been over three months of Messages emails and phone calls. It took over a month for the supervisor to return my email after I had called and fb messaged more times than I care to remember. I finally got a reply, to which I replied with the details requested and now it’s been a few weeks since I last heard anything.

I’m ok with the product needing a new lid ... that’s life. I’m not ok with horrid customer service.

Purchased in January 2019.

SuperShopper

SuperShopperSydney, NSW

Love this machine

Purchased at Myer Online Store for A$179.00.

Lana

LanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still experimenting

I made beef ribs and dates pudding from the recipe book, both turned out delicious! There was no suggested time in the recipe book for cooking common things like pasta or steaming vegetables or chicken. I experimented cooking vegies and pasta but all turned to mush unfortunately.
Unit is very quiet and did not release too much steam.
I also purchased the stainless steel pot, which is handy to interchange when making 2 dishes.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon.

Mr. WT

Mr. WTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Careful of the rust

So I've been using the cooker for about 18months or so. The section where the lid secures to the rim around the unit can slowly wear out due to multiple uses (opening/closing of the lid) over time. This will then slowly scratch that area and remove the film that prevents rust. Once the film comes off you will find that rust may form. Obviously cleaning can help remove the rust. But be careful as Philips has confirmed this is not a manufacturing fault. It is by design and they won't' repair or replace. The Good guys still have my unit after close to 8 weeks bouncing between them and Philips consumer support for a resolution. Otherwise, the unit is very handy and great for winter meals.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for A$175.00.

locks3

locks3Perth, WA

Inspired to Cook more and more !

Read the reviews and purchased this one on that basis. No regrets whatsoever. Being Vegetarian means that some of the functions are of limited use. Did, however, read the included recipe book (several times) and have tried 3 or 4 recipes with increasing success. I am even beginning to like cooking (not something a male would normally say).
Only 2 minor complaints.
1) The recipes include cooked rice but...there is NO mention of HOW to cook the rice in the documentation !
2) The Pressure Cook button cycles through the options but, the text is so small that you need a magnifying glass to see them?
Roll on my next gourmet attempt.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$169.00.

MariaB

MariaBSydney, NSW

Good cooker poor inner pot quality

The cooker is fine, but the inner pot is not durable as Philips states. Only used it 4 times and the non stick black material is coming off. I wash it with a normal non scratch spine and warm water as I do with all my non stick pans. I’m very surprised, wasn’t expecting such a poor quality non stick material from Philips and considering the amount of money I’ve paid for it! So if you are planning to purchase it consider including in your budget another $50 for an additional stainless steel pot because the non stick one won’t last.

Purchased in April 2020.

beezee

beezeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the few kitchen "gadgets" that gets to live on the bench!

We love our AIO. We tend to mainly use the pressure cook setting and it's great. Perfect risotto and paella in a fraction of the time we would have spent otherwise. The recipes in the book are great and, when you are ready to explore further, there are several Facebook groups that you can join who are marvellous for sharing recipe ideas.

It's ideal for us as we are a large family and we can cook up large quantities of soup, pasta, risotto etc. May not suit small family units quite so well though as the effort and cleaning may outweigh the benefits.

Purchased in August 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Cooks very well, but retains smells

Happy with the way it cooks, however, disappointed how it retains smells after cleaning. Followed cleaning instructions exactly. I do not store cooker in the kitchen because of the smell. I have used the cooker several times, and cleaned thoroughly, yet the smell after cooking remains.

Purchased in April 2020 at Myer for A$179.00.

Jo J

Jo JSouthwest, VIC

Longer pressure time needed?? No help

Not happy that I can’t pressure cook longer than 59 mins. YouTube video shows you can select manual and then select 1 hr 30 mins. But can’t change the time.

Product is used Monthly

ParisVictoria

Bad experience

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles Group & Myer Gift Card.

3tandyPerth, WA

Disappointed

After having trouble with my first one I was excited to pick up my replacement only to find out it has the same fault. The saute function doesn’t work. Press the saute button, press start and 20 minutes later it’s still heating up and hasn’t changed to ‘keep warm’ or ‘beeped’ to warm me the two minutes we’re up. Customer service we’re helpful but I won’t try my luck again. I’ll swap it for a Crock Pot or something else at the retailers.

3tandyPerth, WA

Can’t fault customer service

Bought this product on a Thursday. Used it Friday and the digital timer wasn’t working. Rang Philips on the Monday who talked me through an exercise, confirmed it was faulty, emailed a reference ID through and now I’m just waiting for a replacement to arrive so I can start again. Good customer service.

My Review

My ReviewBrisbane

Love It!

We cook soups, chicken & even steak I’m our slow cooker, it’s a one pot wonder. It retains th flavour and has a number of preset options to make life easier. It takes a little getting used to but once you’ve used it a few times you will love it!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you're having a great time with your Multicooker. Feel free to reach out to us, if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Sharyn

SharynHobart, TAS

In love with this new found kitchen toy!

Have had this fab multi cooker for one week now still learning how to drive it but loving how quick and easy it is and how flavoursome the dishes are!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys.

Kay W

Kay WSydney Surrounds, NSW

OMG! A RECIPE BOOK!

Right away was impressed there was a recipe book!!! Rare inclusion! My old multi cooker didn't have one and I kept having to look things up online. I was also able to purchas a stainless steel bowl insert! Thumbs up for these 2 offerings that most others do not have.

If it cooks well and is not faulty in any way, I'll be over the moon! Thanks Philips!

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for A$199.00.

Rubi

RubiSouth East Queensland, QLD

First time using multi cooker

I bought this product to replace our old crock pot. One cooker to use for everything. So far so good. Its a bit confusing with the slow and pressure cooker settings. I have to watch videos on using this product to get use to it. Its so nice that you can do saute , add ingredients and cook.
Love it

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$159.00.

Pri

PriSydney, NSW

Swiss army of cookers

Definitely fit the bill as a multi-cooker. It's easy to clean inner pot is the easiest non-stick pot. Even if the food gets to the bottom of the inner pan, soaking for an hour solves that issue. Consider countertop space, before you purchase it, however it can eliminate rice cooker/pressure cooker or other slow cooker devices. I love mine. Does a great job of cooking varieties of recipes. I haven't used the cake baking option nor the yogurt making options. Mainly use it as a rice cooker/bake pot roast. Love the idea of not being to use my in wall oven during the hottest.

Purchased in October 2019 at Amazon for A$143.00.

AnnA

AnnAasked

Can you cook smaller quantities, ie for 2 people?
Cheers 6

Philips S.Philips

Most certainly, Anna! You can easily scale down most recipes, however please do make sure that the bottom is always completely covered when using the device. For some recipes the results might not be quite the same, and they perhaps need some refinement and changes to make it work - but isn't that the fun in cooking? :)

The Philips Australia Team

Louise G.

Louise G.asked

Can you increase the cooking time when the meat is cooking ?

Hi Louise,

Good question! We went through the user manual and the FAQs but there seems to be no information that can help solve your doubt. However, we are confident our product team will be able to provide you with the correct answer to your inquiry. We would suggest contacting our specialists directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Our colleagues will be happy to assist you further on this.

The Philips Australia team

Melissa W.

Melissa W.asked

I'm thinking of buying one these...can anyone tell me how much control you have over temperature? for example in bake function can you change the temperature manually? Also, what is the lowest possible temperature eg on yoghurt function. Thinking of using it to proove dough

Philips S.Philips

Hi Melissa, nice to hear that you're thinking of getting yourself the All-In-One Multi-Cooker! Our product specialists would be happy to tell you more about the features of the device. Feel free to contact them at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives