Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

• Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

Douglas

DouglasSouthern and Hills, SA

Truely like my pressure cooker however .....

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Lola

LolaSydney, NSW

Was great at the start

When I first purchased this product 2 years ago it was fantastic. I now find that after about 20 mins on the pressure setting the machine beeps and turns off. I have checked the lid and that seems ok. Any suggestions PHILLIPS?

Purchased for $239.00.

KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why i didn't know about this earlier?

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer for $167.00.

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Gianni D.

Gianni D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic! So worth it!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $169.00.

M M.

M M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A must have

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $179.00.

bkm

bkmMelbourne

Perfect addition to kitchen

We purchased this all in one cooker 2 months ago and I’m very satisfied with this purchase. The slow cooking option is best for overnight cooking. It also has the pressure cooking and baking options.

Purchased in July 2020 at Costco for $179.00.

VivianSydney, NSW

Faulty and Dangerous product. Poor follow up service.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

Angie

AngieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

MikeH

MikeH

Probably the best multi cooker available

I’ve had quite a few electric multi cookers and after the first cook this unit hits the mark
It’s not complicated to use and does what it designed to do top marks Phillips

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

Tartlet77

Tartlet77Perth, WA

Love the machine, the customer service is horrible.

Loved using this machine esp for pressure cooking. Suddenly it doesn’t seal properly. It have been over three months of Messages emails and phone calls. It took over a month for the supervisor to return my email after I had called and fb messaged more times than I care to remember. I finally got a reply, to which I replied with the details requested and now it’s been a few weeks since I last heard anything.

I’m ok with the product needing a new lid ... that’s life. I’m not ok with horrid customer service.

Purchased in January 2019.

SuperShopper

SuperShopperSydney, NSW

Love this machine

Purchased at Myer Online Store for $179.00.

Lana

LanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still experimenting

I made beef ribs and dates pudding from the recipe book, both turned out delicious! There was no suggested time in the recipe book for cooking common things like pasta or steaming vegetables or chicken. I experimented cooking vegies and pasta but all turned to mush unfortunately.
Unit is very quiet and did not release too much steam.
I also purchased the stainless steel pot, which is handy to interchange when making 2 dishes.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon.

Mr. WT

Mr. WTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Careful of the rust

So I've been using the cooker for about 18months or so. The section where the lid secures to the rim around the unit can slowly wear out due to multiple uses (opening/closing of the lid) over time. This will then slowly scratch that area and remove the film that prevents rust. Once the film comes off you will find that rust may form. Obviously cleaning can help remove the rust. But be careful as Philips has confirmed this is not a manufacturing fault. It is by design and they won't' repair or replace. The Good guys still have my unit after close to 8 weeks bouncing between them and Philips consumer support for a resolution. Otherwise, the unit is very handy and great for winter meals.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $175.00.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
locks3

locks3Perth, WA

Inspired to Cook more and more !

Read the reviews and purchased this one on that basis. No regrets whatsoever. Being Vegetarian means that some of the functions are of limited use. Did, however, read the included recipe book (several times) and have tried 3 or 4 recipes with increasing success. I am even beginning to like cooking (not something a male would normally say).
Only 2 minor complaints.
1) The recipes include cooked rice but...there is NO mention of HOW to cook the rice in the documentation !
2) The Pressure Cook button cycles through the options but, the text is so small that you need a magnifying glass to see them?
Roll on my next gourmet attempt.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $169.00.

MariaB

MariaBSydney, NSW

Good cooker poor inner pot quality

The cooker is fine, but the inner pot is not durable as Philips states. Only used it 4 times and the non stick black material is coming off. I wash it with a normal non scratch spine and warm water as I do with all my non stick pans. I’m very surprised, wasn’t expecting such a poor quality non stick material from Philips and considering the amount of money I’ve paid for it! So if you are planning to purchase it consider including in your budget another $50 for an additional stainless steel pot because the non stick one won’t last.

Purchased in April 2020.

beezee

beezeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the few kitchen "gadgets" that gets to live on the bench!

We love our AIO. We tend to mainly use the pressure cook setting and it's great. Perfect risotto and paella in a fraction of the time we would have spent otherwise. The recipes in the book are great and, when you are ready to explore further, there are several Facebook groups that you can join who are marvellous for sharing recipe ideas.

It's ideal for us as we are a large family and we can cook up large quantities of soup, pasta, risotto etc. May not suit small family units quite so well though as the effort and cleaning may outweigh the benefits.

Purchased in August 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Cooks very well, but retains smells

Happy with the way it cooks, however, disappointed how it retains smells after cleaning. Followed cleaning instructions exactly. I do not store cooker in the kitchen because of the smell. I have used the cooker several times, and cleaned thoroughly, yet the smell after cooking remains.

Purchased in April 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

Jo J

Jo JSouthwest, VIC

Longer pressure time needed?? No help

Not happy that I can’t pressure cook longer than 59 mins. YouTube video shows you can select manual and then select 1 hr 30 mins. But can’t change the time.

ParisVictoria

Bad experience

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles Group & Myer Gift Card.

Product is usedSeveral times a week

3tandyPerth, WA

Disappointed

After having trouble with my first one I was excited to pick up my replacement only to find out it has the same fault. The saute function doesn’t work. Press the saute button, press start and 20 minutes later it’s still heating up and hasn’t changed to ‘keep warm’ or ‘beeped’ to warm me the two minutes we’re up. Customer service we’re helpful but I won’t try my luck again. I’ll swap it for a Crock Pot or something else at the retailers.

Ellaasked

I have a RankArina cooker. It no bowl. I want to use it but NEED A BOWL. Can you direct me to where I might find a suitable bowl?

Ella

Where do I go for help if you can't help me.

Kapitoshka

Sadly, in most of cases it's easier, cheaper and more practical to purchase a new product with warranty rather than buy spare parts for an old/odd one. Also, I'm not sure if RankArina makes pressure cookers at all.

Here is an example of great budget pressure cooker: https://amzn.to/3d8Mwzl

Denise G.

Denise G.asked

What is the inner pot in the HD2237 lined with?
I am concerned that using the pressure cooking method, the inner pot will leach heavy metals into the food.

Kapitoshka

Pressure has no influence on chemicals leaching into the food. Temperature does... Any coated kitchen utensil and appliance subjected to prolonged heat will leach chemicals (not heavy metals) into the food. If you too concerned about that you may have a look the "pro" version of this cooker that has (allegedly) stainless still pot.

明子 梛.asked

I am not sure my Philips cooker is leaking or not.When I use high temp mode. When maintain pressure light is flushing and pressure valve is seal, air is coming out from the floater regularly like every 20mins. I thought the floater should keep on while maintain pressure light is flushing.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. To give you an expert answer on this, we kindly advise that you contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:

0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team

明子 梛.

Hi I called 1300 363 391 but it says it currently closed and no-one answers. Do you have a useful number? I can't wait till it reopens again.

Welcome beck

We're sorry to hear our colleagues didn't answer your call. Did you call during their work hours? After a quick glance, we noticed that their schedule is slightly different from the one we provided above, so apologies for that. You can reach the number 1300 363 391 from Monday to Friday starting at 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers