Breville Smart Temp BSC420

Breville Smart Temp BSC420

MPNs: 4213, BSC420 and BSC420BSS

Caz MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

12 years +

Great slow cooker, I’ve had mine 12+ years, I’ve just upgraded to a multicooker but I’ll still keep this one for long dishes! I love the keep warm feature, there’s a bit of condensation build up under the rim when it’s going but you can buy ‘covers’ to prevent that.

Purchased in January 2011.

Row
Row

Worked very well

I bought this about a year ago. It has worked well. It takes a while to perfect slow cooker recipes, you tend to use less liquid than oven baked. I haven’t had any problems. Only thing is I really want to know what the power usage is on its low setting so I can compare it to my oven but I can find that info. I’ve heard they are more efficient than ovens but I just want to find that out myself.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Nic_M
Nic_MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s a great cooker but the display is unreliable

This cooks really well. I’ve used both the high and low settings and never been disappointed.
But. Less than 18 months after buying it the display started failing to the point where we joked you have to speak predator to understand what it’s set to. And then finally yesterday at just 3 1/2 years old it stopped working so we came home to partially cooked goulash. I’d expect something from Breville to last longer. you expect better quality from them.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

SueMurray Region, NSW

A great "slow" cooker.

I have used this only once however I am very pleased so far. The first thing I noticed was how easy it is to set the temp and time. There is also 3 temp settings ( low, med high) and a keep warm which it switches to when finished. Then I noticed during the cook that "low" truly is LOW. It didn't boil as some others have and this meant an eight hour cook did indeed take 8 hours and wasn't falling apart and turned to mush. Admittedly I cooked a 1.2 kilo piece of beef, however the veges in with it (to flavour the sauce) didn't disolve into mush. This is a great for those days when I need to put a meal on early in the day and want it ready when I return. Nothing stuck to the pot so cleaning was easy also.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mollye6
mollye6Central, SA

Wow great product

This is the best item for busy people. We set it going in the morning and tea is cooked for us when we get home. Easy to clean and cooks beautifully. Don’t know how we lived without this appliance. Looks good on the kitchen bench with its stainless steel look. Recommend this product

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
James
JamesBrisbane

Great slow cooker

This smart beauty saves me every dinner, every day. Temperature IQ controls the heating so the food is never over-boiled, even when I set it to 8 hours after I come home from work. The heating element is circular and wraps around the bowl to ensure food is warmed evenly. Best of all, the lid is glass and completely detachable making it easy to clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Vera V
Vera VSydney, NSW

Great help in the kitchen!

We were slow cooker newbies prior to getting this one. After a bit of research, we opted for Breville since we already have other appliances with the same brand and they couldn't be faulted for their durability. We weren't disappointed with their slow cooker, too! The timer feature is so handy. You can leave it to cook overnight and wake up to a yummy dish! The clean up is also a breeze. Overall, it does the job well!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Elle
ElleWollongong

love it

love this slow cooker. so easy to use and makes incredible food. I love that I can put this on in the morning and have a full meal ready to go when we get home, makes cooking fun and I can spend more time with my family in the afternoon while still supplying a heathy meal.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Daniel Francis
Daniel FrancisMelbourne

Easy to use. Great capacity

Really happy with cooking results. It's really up to the chef to know how long and what temp is required for their particular mean. I've done ribs to slow cooked roasts to stews. No complaints. Having the timer setting is a great advantage. Good value, got it for a wedding present in Dec 2915. Purchased my dad one for Father's Day in sept 2017.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Bess
BessAdelaide

Does a great job

This really does a great job. The worst part is all the delicious smells wafting through the house while it does it's thing. While it's slowly creating a masterpiece My tummy is impatiently growling for what seems like an eternity. I know that's the point to cook slowly but I find it best to make meals ahead of time for the next day.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Carolyn Burcham
Carolyn BurchamSydbey

Great to use when winter comes

We have always had a Breville slow cooker as it's easy to cook a meal, whether you use chicken, lamb, sausages or chops. It is also easy to clean & put away. Should it break down, Breville come to fix it & should that not work we purchase another Breville.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Great for a few years....

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jean
JeanNew South Wales

Good slow cooker, expected a little more for the price

Date PurchasedApr 2017
bearman
bearmanLake Macquarie

Almost perfect

Bought this June 2017 as old one was too small for growing family. Very thick/ solid ceramic 6 litre insert which takes a long time to cook,( 4 hours for a 2kg piece of silverside). But saying that just set and forget as you use less water then normal crockpot and therefore less steam but meat did not ever look like running out of water,( recommend use half what you normally put in). Digital timer is a lot more accurate then the simple dial from 1 to 5 on my old Breville 2.2litre!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Excellent!

So happy with this purchase! Despite being 52 years old, I am new to cooking! Not only does this cook perfect rice every time, it also doubles as a crock pot. My pork roast turned out perfect yesterday and I cannot wait to try my next recipe. Oh, and the clean up is simple... just love this thing!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017