VerifiedMPNs:370710, 4213, BSC420 and BSC420BSS

4.5

LMM
LMMNorth-West & West coast, TAS

POOR QUALITY

Had twelve months so now out of warranty. Buttons wore and had to push many times to works. Then today went to lift the lid to stir when on low and the handle came off in my hand and noticed the lid was completely shattered. Must have happened well before I lifted the lid. Last Breville product I'll purchase. Show details
Fiona
Fiona3 posts

Best slow cooker I’ve ever owned

After returning a slow cooker recently which was no good and didn’t do what it stated. I was initially wanting a searing slow cooker but after my attempt to use it I was so annoyed, it was a flop.
I decided to read many reviews so I wasn’t making the same mistake. Wow and Wow, first winter casserole cooked today in it and it was exceptional. Pays to read reviews. If your looking for a really great Slow Cooker this is the one!!! So easy to use and the meat was juicy, all casserole vegetables were cooked perfectly. Not the case with my other choice. Show details
Sam
SamPerth, WA4 posts

Consistently cooks meals well

I have had this slow cooker for a few years now after getting it on sale. Its never missed a beat and love that it cooks large meals and Ive never had issues with it sticking to the bottom of the bowl. It's easy to use with no complicated buttons or dials - just set and forget. Show details
Caz M
Caz MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

12 years +

Great slow cooker, I’ve had mine 12+ years, I’ve just upgraded to a multicooker but I’ll still keep this one for long dishes! I love the keep warm feature, there’s a bit of condensation build up under the rim when it’s going but you can buy ‘covers’ to prevent that. Show details
Row
Row8 posts

Worked very well

I bought this about a year ago. It has worked well. It takes a while to perfect slow cooker recipes, you tend to use less liquid than oven baked. I haven’t had any problems. Only thing is I really want to know what the power usage is on its low setting so I can compare it to my oven but I can find that info. I’ve heard they are more efficient than ovens but I just want to find that out myself.

Nic_M
Nic_MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

It’s a great cooker but the display is unreliable

This cooks really well. I’ve used both the high and low settings and never been disappointed.

But. Less than 18 months after buying it the display started failing to the point where we joked you have to speak predator to understand what it’s set to. And then finally yesterday at just 3 1/2 years old it stopped working so we came home to partially cooked goulash. I’d expect something from Breville to last longer. you expect better quality from them.

Sue
SueMurray Region, NSW64 posts

A great "slow" cooker

I have used this only once however I am very pleased so far. The first thing I noticed was how easy it is to set the temp and time. There is also 3 temp settings ( low, med high) and a keep warm which it switches to when finished. Then I noticed during the cook that "low" truly is LOW. It didn't boil as some others have and this meant an eight hour cook did indeed take 8 hours and wasn't falling apart and turned to mush. Admittedly I cooked a 1.2 kilo piece of beef, however the veges in with it (to flavour the sauce) didn't disolve into mush. This is a great for those days when I need to put a meal on early in the day and want it ready when I return. Nothing stuck to the pot so cleaning was easy also.

mollye6
mollye6Central, SA14 posts

Wow great product

This is the best item for busy people. We set it going in the morning and tea is cooked for us when we get home. Easy to clean and cooks beautifully. Don’t know how we lived without this appliance. Looks good on the kitchen bench with its stainless steel look. Recommend this product

James
JamesBrisbane5 posts

Great slow cooker

This smart beauty saves me every dinner, every day. Temperature IQ controls the heating so the food is never over-boiled, even when I set it to 8 hours after I come home from work. The heating element is circular and wraps around the bowl to ensure food is warmed evenly. Best of all, the lid is glass and completely detachable making it easy to clean.

Vera V
Vera VSydney, NSW7 posts

Great help in the kitchen!

We were slow cooker newbies prior to getting this one. After a bit of research, we opted for Breville since we already have other appliances with the same brand and they couldn't be faulted for their durability. We weren't disappointed with their slow cooker, too! The timer feature is so handy. You can leave it to cook overnight and wake up to a yummy dish! The clean up is also a breeze. Overall, it does the job well!

Elle
ElleWollongong4 posts

love it

love this slow cooker. so easy to use and makes incredible food. I love that I can put this on in the morning and have a full meal ready to go when we get home, makes cooking fun and I can spend more time with my family in the afternoon while still supplying a heathy meal.

Daniel Francis
Daniel FrancisMelbourne23 posts

Easy to use. Great capacity

Really happy with cooking results. It's really up to the chef to know how long and what temp is required for their particular mean. I've done ribs to slow cooked roasts to stews. No complaints. Having the timer setting is a great advantage. Good value, got it for a wedding present in Dec 2915. Purchased my dad one for Father's Day in sept 2017.

Bess
BessAdelaide4 posts

Does a great job

This really does a great job. The worst part is all the delicious smells wafting through the house while it does it's thing. While it's slowly creating a masterpiece My tummy is impatiently growling for what seems like an eternity. I know that's the point to cook slowly but I find it best to make meals ahead of time for the next day.

Carolyn Burcham
Carolyn BurchamSydbey4 posts

Great to use when winter comes

We have always had a Breville slow cooker as it's easy to cook a meal, whether you use chicken, lamb, sausages or chops. It is also easy to clean & put away. Should it break down, Breville come to fix it & should that not work we purchase another Breville.

Bron