Breville Smart Grill Pro BGR840

Breville Smart Grill Pro BGR840

MPNs: 6724 and BGR840BSS
See the Best Grills in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

Richard B
Richard BAU

Very good purchase

It is much more expensive than the "George Foreman" type grills and griddles, which have the controls on the power cable assembly.
I have 2 of these units, a George Foreman and a Sunbeam, and the power cable assembly doesn't engage properly, and you have to check if the plate is heating. I think the assembly must be transmitting heat to the plate, rather than electricity, because otherwise the circuit would be interrupted. Happy to stand corrected on this.
So I looked for a unit with the controls on the body, but it comes at a price.
The only (minor) problem I notice is that the upper left corner, less than 10 % of the total surface, doesn't heat up as much than the rest of the plate, but would have still bought it, had I have known.

Wendy GordonPERTH

Great little grill

I am very happy with this grill it is the best I've used. i'v had it and used it for over 12 months now. I love the simplicity of cleaning and it has a great fat catcher underneath. I would buy another one if this one stopped working. My brother has had the same one for years now and he and his wife use it daily. He uses baking paper on both surfaces and hardly cleans it!!!

SueWyndham, Victoria

Grills

Find out how Breville Smart Grill Pro BGR840 compares to other Grills

Treen
TreenNew South Wales

Perfectly cooked steak first time around

We purchased this in late 2015 and ended up only using it for toasted sandwiches until we went to Canada for 10months. Fast forward to now, and we have used it again for toasted sandwiches but finally thought we'd give it a try with a chicken breast and a steak. The chicken breast was the most tender I've ever had and my husband loved his steak. He cooked it for a whole of 4ish minutes and it was perfect. After reading the other reviews I might give the probe a miss and just wing it. The plates were easy to clean just with paper towel too.

Dodzee
DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

This product is not perfect and we can live without it

We had a Breville grill for over 20 years it was perfect in every department until it went off.
Then we bought another briville "the smart grill " .... it should be called the STUPID grill .... one month after using it the grilling on the plate was not uniform left side kept thing under cooked
so we replaced it after a big struggle with David Jones and Breville it took them 40 to get us a replacement ...

NOW the bad news is that the new one behaves like its sister and have a dead left part of the grill plate
so our advice is forget about it.

JAIDHOBART

Smart work

Breville
BrevilleBrevilleSend a private message

Hi Jaid - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

JAID

As I see it but a pleasure Breville, keep up the fantastic work.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Choosy Dude
Choosy DudeSydney

Manual Grill 5/5, Sensor Probe 1/5

AngeK
AngeKSydney

Manufacturing Fault? Top plate dislodges while cooking!

Breville
BrevilleBrevilleSend a private message

Hi Ange, sorry for the delay in responding. This sounds unusual and we need to ask our QA team team. Can you please email us on food.thinkers@breville.com.au so we can look into this properly for you. Kind regards, the Breville Team

Grills

Find out how Breville Smart Grill Pro BGR840 compares to other Grills

Mona H.
Mona H.asked

My grill is displaying Er3 its not heating what do i do

Sue

According to the instruction booklet it has overheated. Unplug and wait to cool down completely then plug in again after which error message should not appear

clearlipstick
clearlipstickasked

I’m hoping a representative can tell me where I might find a flat plate to purchase separately here in Australia. I notice them for sale on the American site, yet, not Australian. Which is a little sad as it’s an Aussie Brand..

ann
annasked

I have the Smart Grill Pro Stainless Steel BGR804bss when I was grilling vegetables - tomatoes (a lot of liquid), the griller shut off. It sounded like a safety switch??? It now does not work at all. Is there any way to reset?

Wendy Gordon

i have not had this happen to me, i think you will need to contact the manufacturer. Or maybe youtube / google it

See all Breville Smart Grill Pro BGR840 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryGrills