MPN: GR8210

Fast to heat up, easy to use and keep clean.

While my kitchen was being done I had no working cooking appliances so went to Target to get a jaffle maker - then saw this on the shelf. As it's a Sunbeam I thought it would be good quality and on inspection I could see it was well made. I used this every day for two months and just love it! It heats up fast and has easy to see red and green lights on the top so you can tell when it's ready to go. It's also really easy to keep clean - I wipe it down as soon as I use it. I agree with another reviewer that the silver/chrome top does get hot - so as long as you are aware of that it's not a problem. As to the size, it's perfect for one or two people. You can make two normal sandwiches at the same time, or one panini or Turkish bread.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target Australia for $49.00.

No Hight adjustment

Bought this thinking it was Hight adjustable as our Breville did. Crumpets come out like biscuits. Maybe there is a way we haven't found out. Other than that it is great for cleaning, toasted sandwiches .

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $39.00.

Hi cassa, this grill does to the height but as it doesn't have the dial it does not sit off the bread. The GR8250Bis the one that does this...Can't see full message but the book that is included for my model only shows on the cover opened to a Hight for an egg and bun. MisleadingHi cassa, The other thing I would suggest for crumpets, toast etc. is to leave the top open and toast on both sides. Bacon, eggs and other such things can also be grilled this way

works great

So far so good. We brought this to use for Turkish bread toasties and dose a great job,melts the cheese to perfection and seems to be of a sturdy construction. Don"t use metal to scrape off the old burnt cheese as this will scratch the non stick coating.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Hi Dave y. Thanks for the great review! enjoy. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Good on all part except one.

Really good heat. Hard to burn anything. Sandwich can be really toasty and nice. Temperature works well even in winter.

One complain is there isn't any heat resistant outer layer. So it is very hot to the touch even from outside. A plastic bag flew over once while in use and the whole thing melted on it and render it kinda toxic to use. Easily got a new one coz it is cheap.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $25.00.

Hi Sapphiree, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback regarding the out shell will be passed on to our product team. Great idea!.

Quick and tasty!

Needed a new Toastie maker so wandered in to big W and there she was.
Shiny Sunbeam sandwich press.
Really quick, very non-sticky (if that makes sense) and easy settings stop bread burning.
If you need a easy to store quick toasty maker then this is the one for you - recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks so much for the great review Andrew!

Great Wraps and Toasties.

I have only had this Cafe Grill for a couple of months and have lost count how many times I have used it. It is a very compact unit, but more than adequate for a couple of toasties or your favorite wrap in a very short space of time. It heats up quickly with it's 1650/1800 watt element. It fits 2 large slices of your favorite bread and comes out with a grill pattern as the top plate is fashioned with a grill formation creating a greater surface area over the top face. It is also perfect to grill your steak or even sausages. I have grilled a steak with great success but haven't done the sausages yet but will give them a go soon. Cleaning is a breeze as it has a non stick coating on all the cooking surfaces, so all I do is wipe it down with a paper towel, then again with a damp cloth, very quick and simple. This grill has replaced a 4 slice double flat plate Breville that lasted me more than 15 years until it finally gave up. In this modern day throw away society, if this Sunbeam Cafe Grill lasts half that distance I will think myself lucky. Until then, I am loving the results I am getting from it, so do yourself a favour and invest in one of these, you won't regret it. I highly recommend this grill and they are selling at an unbelievable price.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Ben, so happy you love the product, thanks for the fab review!!!!

Perfect Toasted Sandwiches

It heats up fast, does a great job of toasting sandwiches. Plenty of hotplate space. Very easy to clean, just wipe it clean with a paper towel. The power cord wraps easily around the base, snug and out of the way. The appliance simply locks closed, and can be stored resting on its back end, or lying flat. No bad points found after almost daily use for six weeks, a top quality machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback Kev.

Falling apart

purchased from the good guys Warranty up by a week called Sunbeam about the green light falling off they don't care said out of warranty, won't recommend this product to anyone, poor build for a Sunbeam. pretty disappointed with the service as well. or els its a good little grill.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Kanye, sorry to hear about the grill. If a product is a week out of warranty Sunbeam will assist you so please call us on 1300 881 861 and give us your receipt details so we can help with this situationThanks Clare Customer Care Consultant who fix the issue. replacement on the way.Hi Kanye, great to hear, hope you enjoy using it. I'm sure you will...

Pretty good, but didn't last that long

I got about 4 or 5 years out of mine before it died. The was a bright flash of light from the rear of the base, then it stopped heating. It wasn't expensive, so I'm not that fussed about the short lifespan.
Decent heat and fast warm-up time, but the bar pattern top plate is a little too hard to keep clean, so I'm going to try a Breville with double flat plates this time.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Pretty good

Not bad for the price. Smelled badly of chemicals the first couple of times we used it, but that faded thankfully. Makes a mean sandwich, very good for nearly instant hot meals. I've had problems with other Sunbeam products in the past, specifically the expensive food mixer that stripped gears shortly after purchase, but this simpler product is apparently more robust and reliable. Will update this review if I encounter any issues...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the great review Dan Johnson!!

i can't do without this product.

I think this product is very good it makes very good toasties and it doesn't take to long to cook and easy to clean as nothing sticks to it.I have no problems with this product at all and i would recommend this product to anyone. We use it quite regularly.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

It even cooks steak!

I've never liked the ones that crush the bread into hard triangles, with the inside dangerously hot. This little darling does perfect toasties, even without butter or oil on the plates. Easy to clean, lock and store vertically, saving space. The top plate is ribbed, the bottom one flat, so if you want ribbed both sides, just flip it. I've cooked steak on it and chops, but anything with bones must be equal thickness. It's like a mini George Forman grill and I love it to bits.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect toasties

My husband bought me one for my birthday and we both love it. The grill is easy to clean, heats quickly and cooks within a minute or two. It works well on wraps and bread. Can be used with all sizes of bread even the thicker types. Our toasties were golden brow and delicious. We bought it at Big W for $39 which was good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Best value for money!

I've had a Sunbeam sandwich maker for 20 years,no problems but I noticed the surface was deteriorating. I saw the compact cafe grill on special at Harvey Norman for $25, I'd seen it at Target for $45.Best money I've ever spent,I love it easy to clean great sandwichs!
If this lasts 20 years I'll be over the moon.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Simple, Cheap and Effective

I Bought this on a great $20 special at the good guys for toasting my wraps. Honestly I couldn’t fault this for the price and value for money. Heats up quickly and does a great grill. Pro tip this is perfect for reheating pizza by crisping my the bases of microwaved pizza.

Dependable

Another good product from sunbeam. Easy to clean, you just need to spray, wipe and its shiny new again.
Cook quite fast too.. I cook steak in there too sometimes and its just so perfect.

The only cons is the machine cools down by themselves after couple minutes before starting to heat up again.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Lovely small grill

A bargain. Just over $25 and works like a charm. Excellent for wraps, kebabs, toasts and small stuff. You might need to make one at a time but it heaps up really quick, so I don't find that as too much of a problem. Compact, elegant and can squeeze in the pantry or kitchen corner. Very happy with the purchase.

just right

I had a George Forman grill and I needed to replace it recently, So I did some research and found the sunbeam compact cafe grill. its great, not to small and not huge, for those like me who have a small kitchen. I think its every bit as good as my last one , I hope it lasts the 8 years, as the Forman grill.

Great Product for the Price

I saw it couple of weeks ago on Good Guys Ebay site on sale and got it for $21 which is an unbelievable price for such a nice looking cafe grill. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and very happy with the performance so far, highly recommended.

Great compact sandwich grill

Purchased this compact grill last weekend and so far it has been great. I chose the compact appliance as I have limited space to store electrical appliances in my kitchen. The grill heats up quickly and toasts sandwiches perfectly, I have also used it to grill rump steak medallions which were very juicy and tender. I am looking forward to using this appliance in different ways. For the small price I paid it is very versatile. Well done Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

it smells really bad chemical burning smell I have washed it down 4 times as instructed and turned it on and off 4 times to air it yet t still smells what is wrong with it?
better to contact Sunbeam and get a replacement.thank you Kanya I should have done that but ended up throwing it out buying another brand which still smelt I then washed and turned it on and off for almost 6 hours in a vented space and finally the toxic smell went apparently it has to burn of the chemicals used on it. Thanks agin for taking time to respond!

Does that completely squish the bread/wrap?
if you press it to hard it will or els it works well.

I have a Sunbeam cafe press GR8400, when you switch on the powerpoint the press is not heating up, the green light is not lighting up. Do you know what the problem is?
Sounds faulty to me. I recommend ringing Sunbeam helpline on this one as you may need replacement or repairLook at bottom of these reviews/posts for Sunbeam representative & phone number & official commentTry another power point. If still not working the fault could be in the plug and if it still doesn't work, it sounds like the fault is within the griller and a Service Dept job

CategoryGrills and Sandwich Makers