2Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210

Creates evenly toasted sandwiches

Paul3562
Paul3562Auckland5 posts

Perfectly toasted Sandwich

Purchased as a replacement for my previous sandwich press I was immediately impressed by 2 important features. The flat bottom plate lends itself to other uses such as egg frying, and is incredibly easy to clean as opposed to ribbed grill of previously owned models. Wipes clean in seconds rather than minutes cleaning each groove. Heats quickly and toasts to perfection... no soggy sandwiches with this purchase. Nice and compact, solid manufacture and cool touch handle. Can't fault this one. Show details
Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW64 posts

Fantastic product!

I purchased this unit on the 23/04/2011 and it has just 'given up the ghost' after ten years of service. It has been a great unit, especially considering it was made in China! I've ordered another from Harvey Norman at Lithgow for $49 + $8 delivery. I took the old unit apart and found the problem was a corroded terminal which connects the blue lead to the top element; both elements are fine. It just wasn't worth trying to fix with my very limited soldering equipment/ability. I hope the new unit gives as good a service as the old one; fingers crossed. Show details
Non-Stick Quality
toweramuck
toweramuckSydney, NSW

Works as expected

We got this grill during a clearance sale and it arrived in perfect working order. While it works very well as a sandwich press it is equally good at cooking tofu, halloumi or reheating certain foods. You can make pancakes on it and even line the lower plate with baking paper and make scrambled eggs. It is easy to clean with a bit of paper towel after use.
 Show details
Hilary B.
Hilary B.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Replacing old one

The old one went bang yesterday and blew the fuses. No problem with the electrical output but something wrong with the grill. It had been working perfectly but had been getting more use lately! I checked and I’d had it for 10 years..so a long life for appliances nowadays. So after much thought I bought another one! Fingers crossed it doesn’t blow. BTW it stores in the cupboard on its side with no problems. Show details ·  1
Greg W.
Greg W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not recommended

This just squashes everything. Toasted sandwich came out 1/4" thick. Pictures on box and book deceptive. There is no way you could cook the E&B roll as depicted. Weight of griddle too heavy. Side arms get really hot. I am trying to work out a way to prop the griddle plate to various heights. There is no way the recipes in the book will work unless you like very thin stuff. Show details
Sherif O.
Sherif O.Sydney, NSW

falling apart after two months

I’ve bought It from Target it was good at the beginning And we really did like the grill but Screws on the side falls apart can’t use anymore Unfortunately I have wasted my money Show details
robfol
robfolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Great toaster with a couple of silly design flaws

Heats up fast, toasts evenly and gridded top plate makes a nice sandwich. Well built and very good value too at $39. Two flaws. 1. Won't store standing upright, stupid design as a few extra cms of plastic/metal on the body would balance it upright. 2. The locking catch is flimsy and jars open so have to be careful when lifting. BUT overall recommended. NOTE Did my research here on PR and replaced a $99 Breville that was big clumsy and industrial - UPDATE, so good I bought another one for the beach house. Show details ·  2
John
John7 posts

It doesn't stand up in the upright position

I was looking at buying this but at closer inspection it doesn't stand upright for storage on its own as stated by other users. It's impossible to get it to stand. The current user manual is for the previous model. Show details
Swan
SwanNorth Queensland, QLD3 posts

Replacing older version which was better

The newer version of this sandwich maker doesn't stand upright when locked together. The older version which we just threw away after 1.2 years definately stood on side legs. This is how we stood it to cool it and to store it. Very disappointed in it not having this important feature. Show details
Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM
Pam
PamPerth, WA3 posts

Doesn’t store upright

Have just purchased GR8210 and even though the User Guide states that it can be stored upright it definitely cannot. Our old Compact Cafe Grill had this feature. Has something changed with the more recent version of this model? We have limited bench space so am a bit disappointed. Show details ·  3
Liz
Liz47 posts

Quick to heat up and easy to clean

I bought this machine to use in my apartment for toasting my lunchtime sandwiches like I'd normally get at a cafe. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm very happy with it. It heats up and toasts the bread very quickly and is super easy to clean. I'd definitely recommend it. Show details ·  1
louise m.
louise m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Toast me some more

Great little Toasty. Gets super hot really quick. I just want to grill everything
Do yourself a favour and go to Target right now and buy one and fulfill your toasty dreams Show details ·  1
Ger
Ger4 posts

Perfect for breakfast

I don't have to turn on my stovetop on for breakfast. I can cook everything here - bacon, eggs and bread. Excellent kitchen item. Perfect size for 4 people in our household. Show details ·  1
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW61 posts

Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210

We have had this grill for about 8 years. It's a little worn, but worn well over the years and has offered great value for money. It makes a great toasted sandwich and crispy pies etc well with a flat base plate and a grill type plate on top. It doesn't have a mid point for opening for thicker items, the lid is either open or closed. So you have to be careful when grilling chicko rolls for instance they will be flattened if you're not watching it.
Certainly don't know what I would do without this good old faithful machine. Show details ·  1
S Nika
S NikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

An essential part of our kitchen!

This grill is used constantly in our household. Toasting foccacias, gozleme. . all sorts of flatbreads with fillings etc. To be honest we have used it to death, including dropping it several times. Still, it goes on. To us, it's an essential workhorse, reasonably priced and gives the family the opportunity to knock together quick measl, when tired. . . open grills with the lid height adjustment etc. Honestly, café presses aren't that complicated and this model has proven economical, reliable, efficient and totally practical. Don't forget to peel off the plastic covering from it! Show details ·  1

Jason S.
Jason S.

Hi what causes the green light to stay on ?and the press not getting hot?

Maldy
Maldy

We are temporarily without a cook top. Would like to use the toaster grill to grill some hamburgers. It is the 1800W model. Will this be hot enough?
I can make thin hamburgers.

Allan W

It is rubbish; died after 13 months. I replaced mine with a Breville which is a bit big for my kitchen but is far better quality than the sunbeam. Purchased from BigW for about $130.

Allan W

Ignore my earlier comment. This is a great product. I got mixed up with the Sunbeam oven which is awful. This sandwich grill is terrific.

Linda
Linda

Are there any sandwich makers that turn off if accidently left on?

Features:

• The Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill is a BBQ grill and sandwich press in one handy appliance.
  • The top plate is ribbed for BBQ grilling.
  • A non-stick coating makes the sandwich press easy to clean.
  • The sandwich press has a floating hinge that maintains even pressure on your sandwich so that it toasts evenly, and also lets you toast thicker sandwiches.
  • It has cord wrap and a compact design, making it simple to store.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill was super easy to clean, with users saying it could be wiped clean in just seconds - even the ribbed plate.
  • They also said that the appliance heats up quickly.
  • According to reviewers, the sandwich press effectively and evenly toasts sandwiches.
CategoryGrills and Sandwich Presses