MPN: GR8210

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210

We have had this grill for about 8 years. It's a little worn, but worn well over the years and has offered great value for money. It makes a great toasted sandwich and crispy pies etc well with a flat base plate and a grill type plate on top. It doesn't have a mid point for opening for thicker items, the lid is either open or closed. So you have to be careful when grilling chicko rolls for instance they will be flattened if you're not watching it.
Certainly don't know what I would do without this good old faithful machine.

Purchased at Big W.

Hi Simone ,
Thank you for the great review on our GR8210. It is an oldy but a goldy!. We use it here in our office too. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

S Nika

S NikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An essential part of our kitchen!

This grill is used constantly in our household. Toasting foccacias, gozleme. . all sorts of flatbreads with fillings etc. To be honest we have used it to death, including dropping it several times. Still, it goes on. To us, it's an essential workhorse, reasonably priced and gives the family the opportunity to knock together quick measl, when tired. . . open grills with the lid height adjustment etc. Honestly, café presses aren't that complicated and this model has proven economical, reliable, efficient and totally practical. Don't forget to peel off the plastic covering from it!

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi S nika,
Thanks for the great review! We love it too.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

ShoppingBlows

ShoppingBlowsIllawarra, NSW

Fast to heat up, easy to use and keep clean.

While my kitchen was being done I had no working cooking appliances so went to Target to get a jaffle maker - then saw this on the shelf. As it's a Sunbeam I thought it would be good quality and on inspection I could see it was well made. I used this every day for two months and just love it! It heats up fast and has easy to see red and green lights on the top so you can tell when it's ready to go. It's also really easy to keep clean - I wipe it down as soon as I use it. I agree with another reviewer that the silver/chrome top does get hot - so as long as you are aware of that it's not a problem. As to the size, it's perfect for one or two people. You can make two normal sandwiches at the same time, or one panini or Turkish bread.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target Australia for $49.00.

No Hight adjustment

Bought this thinking it was Hight adjustable as our Breville did. Crumpets come out like biscuits. Maybe there is a way we haven't found out. Other than that it is great for cleaning, toasted sandwiches .

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $39.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi cassa, this grill does to the height but as it doesn't have the dial it does not sit off the bread. The GR8250Bis the one that does this...

cassa
cassa

Can't see full message but the book that is included for my model only shows on the cover opened to a Hight for an egg and bun. Misleading

Hi cassa,
The other thing I would suggest for crumpets, toast etc. is to leave the top open and toast on both sides. Bacon, eggs and other such things can also be grilled this way

Dave y.

Dave y.

works great

So far so good. We brought this to use for Turkish bread toasties and dose a great job,melts the cheese to perfection and seems to be of a sturdy construction. Don"t use metal to scrape off the old burnt cheese as this will scratch the non stick coating.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Hi Dave y.
Thanks for the great review! enjoy. Kind regards,

Sapphiree

SapphireeAU

Good on all part except one.

Really good heat. Hard to burn anything. Sandwich can be really toasty and nice. Temperature works well even in winter.

One complain is there isn't any heat resistant outer layer. So it is very hot to the touch even from outside. A plastic bag flew over once while in use and the whole thing melted on it and render it kinda toxic to use. Easily got a new one coz it is cheap.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $25.00.

Hi Sapphiree,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback regarding the out shell will be passed on to our product team. Great idea!.

Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

Quick and tasty!

Needed a new Toastie maker so wandered in to big W and there she was.
Shiny Sunbeam sandwich press.
Really quick, very non-sticky (if that makes sense) and easy settings stop bread burning.
If you need a easy to store quick toasty maker then this is the one for you - recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks so much for the great review Andrew!

Ben

BenQLD, 4655

Great Wraps and Toasties.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Ben, so happy you love the product, thanks for the fab review!!!!

Kev

KevHobart, TAS

Perfect Toasted Sandwiches

It heats up fast, does a great job of toasting sandwiches. Plenty of hotplate space. Very easy to clean, just wipe it clean with a paper towel. The power cord wraps easily around the base, snug and out of the way. The appliance simply locks closed, and can be stored resting on its back end, or lying flat. No bad points found after almost daily use for six weeks, a top quality machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the positive feedback Kev.

KanyeBelconnen 2615, ACT

Falling apart

purchased from the good guys Warranty up by a week called Sunbeam about the green light falling off they don't care said out of warranty, won't recommend this product to anyone, poor build for a Sunbeam. pretty disappointed with the service as well. or els its a good little grill.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kanye, sorry to hear about the grill. If a product is a week out of warranty Sunbeam will assist you so please call us on 1300 881 861 and give us your receipt details so we can help with this situation

Kanye

Thanks Clare Customer Care Consultant who fix the issue. replacement on the way.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kanye, great to hear, hope you enjoy using it. I'm sure you will...

sunny

sunnySidaknee

Pretty good, but didn't last that long

I got about 4 or 5 years out of mine before it died. The was a bright flash of light from the rear of the base, then it stopped heating. It wasn't expensive, so I'm not that fussed about the short lifespan.
Decent heat and fast warm-up time, but the bar pattern top plate is a little too hard to keep clean, so I'm going to try a Breville with double flat plates this time.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Dan Johnson

Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD

Pretty good

Not bad for the price. Smelled badly of chemicals the first couple of times we used it, but that faded thankfully. Makes a mean sandwich, very good for nearly instant hot meals. I've had problems with other Sunbeam products in the past, specifically the expensive food mixer that stripped gears shortly after purchase, but this simpler product is apparently more robust and reliable. Will update this review if I encounter any issues...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Dan Johnson!!

lovelylegs

lovelylegsAngle Park

i can't do without this product.

I think this product is very good it makes very good toasties and it doesn't take to long to cook and easy to clean as nothing sticks to it.I have no problems with this product at all and i would recommend this product to anyone. We use it quite regularly.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Googler816

Googler816Melbourne

It even cooks steak!

I've never liked the ones that crush the bread into hard triangles, with the inside dangerously hot. This little darling does perfect toasties, even without butter or oil on the plates. Easy to clean, lock and store vertically, saving space. The top plate is ribbed, the bottom one flat, so if you want ribbed both sides, just flip it. I've cooked steak on it and chops, but anything with bones must be equal thickness. It's like a mini George Forman grill and I love it to bits.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Family-Guy77

Family-Guy77AU

Perfect toasties

My husband bought me one for my birthday and we both love it. The grill is easy to clean, heats quickly and cooks within a minute or two. It works well on wraps and bread. Can be used with all sizes of bread even the thicker types. Our toasties were golden brow and delicious. We bought it at Big W for $39 which was good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Catty

CattyMelbourne

Best value for money!

I've had a Sunbeam sandwich maker for 20 years,no problems but I noticed the surface was deteriorating. I saw the compact cafe grill on special at Harvey Norman for $25, I'd seen it at Target for $45.Best money I've ever spent,I love it easy to clean great sandwichs!
If this lasts 20 years I'll be over the moon.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

SpaceAnt

SpaceAntWagga

Simple, Cheap and Effective

I Bought this on a great $20 special at the good guys for toasting my wraps. Honestly I couldn’t fault this for the price and value for money. Heats up quickly and does a great grill. Pro tip this is perfect for reheating pizza by crisping my the bases of microwaved pizza.

Rickie

RickieKootingal

Dependable

Another good product from sunbeam. Easy to clean, you just need to spray, wipe and its shiny new again.
Cook quite fast too.. I cook steak in there too sometimes and its just so perfect.

The only cons is the machine cools down by themselves after couple minutes before starting to heat up again.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

juancorso

juancorsoSydney

Lovely small grill

A bargain. Just over $25 and works like a charm. Excellent for wraps, kebabs, toasts and small stuff. You might need to make one at a time but it heaps up really quick, so I don't find that as too much of a problem. Compact, elegant and can squeeze in the pantry or kitchen corner. Very happy with the purchase.

Vic

VicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

just right

I had a George Forman grill and I needed to replace it recently, So I did some research and found the sunbeam compact cafe grill. its great, not to small and not huge, for those like me who have a small kitchen. I think its every bit as good as my last one , I hope it lasts the 8 years, as the Forman grill.

Mazasked

it smells really bad chemical burning smell I have washed it down 4 times as instructed and turned it on and off 4 times to air it yet t still smells what is wrong with it?

Kanye

better to contact Sunbeam and get a replacement.

Maz

thank you Kanya I should have done that but ended up throwing it out buying another brand which still smelt I then washed and turned it on and off for almost 6 hours in a vented space and finally the toxic smell went apparently it has to burn of the chemicals used on it. Thanks agin for taking time to respond!

Bev
Bev

I had a sunbeam. Sandwich press toaster it to would not work
Green light came on would not heat up
I took it back to JB hi-fi they replaced it only had it a week
Used it 3 times I hope the new one works
It smelt funny also
Sunbeam is normal quite good.
I had and still a few sunbeam Appliances could be something wrong with that one item

Abbey  The Ponds

Abbey The Pondsasked

Does that completely squish the bread/wrap?

Kanye

if you press it to hard it will or els it works well.

George

Georgeasked

I have a Sunbeam cafe press GR8400, when you switch on the powerpoint the press is not heating up, the green light is not lighting up. Do you know what the problem is?

WhatsitLike

Sounds faulty to me. I recommend ringing Sunbeam helpline on this one as you may need replacement or repair

WhatsitLike

Look at bottom of these reviews/posts for Sunbeam representative & phone number & official comment

bretann
bretann

Try another power point. If still not working the fault could be in the plug and if it still doesn't work, it sounds like the fault is within the griller and a Service Dept job

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives