MPNs: 1219, GR8210 and GR8210FP5910
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (1)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality
Paul3562
Paul3562Auckland

Perfectly toasted Sandwich

Purchased as a replacement for my previous sandwich press I was immediately impressed by 2 important features. The flat bottom plate lends itself to other uses such as egg frying, and is incredibly easy to clean as opposed to ribbed grill of previously owned models. Wipes clean in seconds rather than minutes cleaning each groove. Heats quickly and toasts to perfection... no soggy sandwiches with this purchase. Nice and compact, solid manufacture and cool touch handle. Can't fault this one.

Purchased in for $78.

Allan W
Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic product!

I purchased this unit on the 23/04/2011 and it has just 'given up the ghost' after ten years of service. It has been a great unit, especially considering it was made in China! I've ordered another from Harvey Norman at Lithgow for $49 + $8 delivery. I took the old unit apart and found the problem was a corroded terminal which connects the blue lead to the top element; both elements are fine. It just wasn't worth trying to fix with my very limited soldering equipment/ability. I hope the new unit gives as good a service as the old one; fingers crossed.

Purchased in at Kmart.

toweramuck
toweramuckSydney, NSW

Works as expected

We got this grill during a clearance sale and it arrived in perfect working order. While it works very well as a sandwich press it is equally good at cooking tofu, halloumi or reheating certain foods. You can make pancakes on it and even line the lower plate with baking paper and make scrambled eggs. It is easy to clean with a bit of paper towel after use.

Purchased in at Amazon for $49.

Hilary B.
Hilary B.Sydney, NSW

Replacing old one

The old one went bang yesterday and blew the fuses. No problem with the electrical output but something wrong with the grill. It had been working perfectly but had been getting more use lately! I checked and I’d had it for 10 years..so a long life for appliances nowadays. So after much thought I bought another one! Fingers crossed it doesn’t blow. BTW it stores in the cupboard on its side with no problems.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $49.95.

Customer CareSunbeamSend a private message

Thank you for the great review, we're happy to hear that you're loving the GR8210.
Always wonderful to hear you had your Sunbeam grill for 10 years.
Enjoy,
Sunbeam Customer Care

Greg W.
Greg W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not recommended

This just squashes everything. Toasted sandwich came out 1/4" thick. Pictures on box and book deceptive. There is no way you could cook the E&B roll as depicted. Weight of griddle too heavy. Side arms get really hot. I am trying to work out a way to prop the griddle plate to various heights. There is no way the recipes in the book will work unless you like very thin stuff.

Purchased in at Mitre 10 for $59.

Sherif O.
Sherif O.Sydney, NSW

falling apart after two months

I’ve bought It from Target it was good at the beginning And we really did like the grill but Screws on the side falls apart can’t use anymore Unfortunately I have wasted my money

Purchased in at Target Australia for $45.

robfolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great toaster with a couple of silly design flaws

Heats up fast, toasts evenly and gridded top plate makes a nice sandwich. Well built and very good value too at $39. Two flaws. 1. Won't store standing upright, stupid design as a few extra cms of plastic/metal on the body would balance it upright. 2. The locking catch is flimsy and jars open so have to be careful when lifting. BUT overall recommended. NOTE Did my research here on PR and replaced a $99 Breville that was big clumsy and industrial - UPDATE, so good I bought another one for the beach house.

Purchased in at Amazon for $39.

Hello robfol,
Thank you for your feedback and updated opinion.

robfol

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
John
John

It doesn't stand up in the upright position.

I was looking at buying this but at closer inspection it doesn't stand upright for storage on its own as stated by other users. It's impossible to get it to stand. The current user manual is for the previous model.

Purchased in at BigW for $39.

SwanNorth Queensland, QLD

Replacing older version which was better

The newer version of this sandwich maker doesn't stand upright when locked together. The older version which we just threw away after 1.2 years definately stood on side legs. This is how we stood it to cool it and to store it. Very disappointed in it not having this important feature.

Purchased in at Big W Retail Stores for $39.

Hello Swan,
We have not changed any feature with this grill.

It still can be stored upright as clearly stated within the manual, page 6: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/GR8210_ib_1_2.PDF

PamPerth, WA

Doesn’t store upright

Have just purchased GR8210 and even though the User Guide states that it can be stored upright it definitely cannot. Our old Compact Cafe Grill had this feature. Has something changed with the more recent version of this model? We have limited bench space so am a bit disappointed.

Purchased in at Flybuys.

Pam

There’s no way ours will stand upright without being held despite the plates being locked together. Something must have changed in the design of the legs for this to be the case. It was the first thing we noticed when trying to store it.

Pam

Have just compared our old Compact Cafe Grill with our new one (both the same model) and they are definitely designed differently (easy to pick when standing both side by side). The old one can stand upright without support, the new one can’t.

Liz
Liz

Quick to heat up and easy to clean

I bought this machine to use in my apartment for toasting my lunchtime sandwiches like I'd normally get at a cafe. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm very happy with it. It heats up and toasts the bread very quickly and is super easy to clean. I'd definitely recommend it.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $39.

Hello Liz,
Thank you for the wonderful review!

louise m.
louise m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Toast me some more

Great little Toasty. Gets super hot really quick. I just want to grill everything
Do yourself a favour and go to Target right now and buy one and fulfill your toasty dreams

Purchased in at Target Australia for $39.20.

Hello louise m.
Thank you for the GREAT review!

Ger
Ger

Perfect for breakfast

I don't have to turn on my stovetop on for breakfast. I can cook everything here - bacon, eggs and bread. Excellent kitchen item. Perfect size for 4 people in our household.

Purchased in at Amazon for $35.

Hi Ger,
Glad to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210.

Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210

We have had this grill for about 8 years. It's a little worn, but worn well over the years and has offered great value for money. It makes a great toasted sandwich and crispy pies etc well with a flat base plate and a grill type plate on top. It doesn't have a mid point for opening for thicker items, the lid is either open or closed. So you have to be careful when grilling chicko rolls for instance they will be flattened if you're not watching it.
Certainly don't know what I would do without this good old faithful machine.

Purchased at Big W.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Simone ,
Thank you for the great review on our GR8210. It is an oldy but a goldy!. We use it here in our office too. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

S Nika
S NikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An essential part of our kitchen!

This grill is used constantly in our household. Toasting foccacias, gozleme. . all sorts of flatbreads with fillings etc. To be honest we have used it to death, including dropping it several times. Still, it goes on. To us, it's an essential workhorse, reasonably priced and gives the family the opportunity to knock together quick measl, when tired. . . open grills with the lid height adjustment etc. Honestly, café presses aren't that complicated and this model has proven economical, reliable, efficient and totally practical. Don't forget to peel off the plastic covering from it!

Purchased in .

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi S nika,
Thanks for the great review! We love it too.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam