MPNs: 1219, GR8210 and GR8210FP5910

Hilary B.

Hilary B.Sydney, NSW

Replacing old one

The old one went bang yesterday and blew the fuses. No problem with the electrical output but something wrong with the grill. It had been working perfectly but had been getting more use lately! I checked and I’d had it for 10 years..so a long life for appliances nowadays. So after much thought I bought another one! Fingers crossed it doesn’t blow. BTW it stores in the cupboard on its side with no problems.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $49.95.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for the great review, we're happy to hear that you're loving the GR8210.
Always wonderful to hear you had your Sunbeam grill for 10 years.
Enjoy,
Sunbeam Customer Care

Sebastian

SebastianFar North Queensland, QLD

Bad QC, terrible product.

First unit had part of the coating missing and I had to return it. The second was just a terrible product. The plate comes down at an angle and likes to expel your sandwich thanks to the combination of non-stick coating and the angled pressure. Utter garbage.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

Greg W.

Greg W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not recommended

This just squashes everything. Toasted sandwich came out 1/4" thick. Pictures on box and book deceptive. There is no way you could cook the E&B roll as depicted. Weight of griddle too heavy. Side arms get really hot. I am trying to work out a way to prop the griddle plate to various heights. There is no way the recipes in the book will work unless you like very thin stuff.

Purchased in July 2020 at Mitre 10 for $59.00.

Sherif O.

Sherif O.Sydney, NSW

falling apart after two months

I’ve bought It from Target it was good at the beginning And we really did like the grill but Screws on the side falls apart can’t use anymore Unfortunately I have wasted my money

Purchased in January 2019 at Target Australia for $45.00.

robfolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great toaster with a couple of silly design flaws

Heats up fast, toasts evenly and gridded top plate makes a nice sandwich. Well built and very good value too at $39. Two flaws. 1. Won't store standing upright, stupid design as a few extra cms of plastic/metal on the body would balance it upright. 2. The locking catch is flimsy and jars open so have to be careful when lifting. BUT overall recommended. NOTE Did my research here on PR and replaced a $99 Breville that was big clumsy and industrial - UPDATE, so good I bought another one for the beach house.

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $39.00.

Hello robfol,
Thank you for your feedback and updated opinion.

John

John

It doesn't stand up in the upright position.

I was looking at buying this but at closer inspection it doesn't stand upright for storage on its own as stated by other users. It's impossible to get it to stand. The current user manual is for the previous model.

Purchased in April 2020 at BigW for $39.00.

SwanNorth Queensland, QLD

Replacing older version which was better

The newer version of this sandwich maker doesn't stand upright when locked together. The older version which we just threw away after 1.2 years definately stood on side legs. This is how we stood it to cool it and to store it. Very disappointed in it not having this important feature.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $39.00.

Hello Swan,
We have not changed any feature with this grill.

It still can be stored upright as clearly stated within the manual, page 6: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/GR8210_ib_1_2.PDF

PamPerth, WA

Doesn’t store upright

Have just purchased GR8210 and even though the User Guide states that it can be stored upright it definitely cannot. Our old Compact Cafe Grill had this feature. Has something changed with the more recent version of this model? We have limited bench space so am a bit disappointed.

Purchased in April 2020 at Flybuys.

Pam

There’s no way ours will stand upright without being held despite the plates being locked together. Something must have changed in the design of the legs for this to be the case. It was the first thing we noticed when trying to store it.

Pam

Have just compared our old Compact Cafe Grill with our new one (both the same model) and they are definitely designed differently (easy to pick when standing both side by side). The old one can stand upright without support, the new one can’t.

Liz

Liz

Quick to heat up and easy to clean

I bought this machine to use in my apartment for toasting my lunchtime sandwiches like I'd normally get at a cafe. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm very happy with it. It heats up and toasts the bread very quickly and is super easy to clean. I'd definitely recommend it.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $39.00.

Hello Liz,
Thank you for the wonderful review!

louise m.

louise m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Toast me some more

Great little Toasty. Gets super hot really quick. I just want to grill everything
Do yourself a favour and go to Target right now and buy one and fulfill your toasty dreams

Purchased in March 2020 at Target Australia for $39.20.

Hello louise m.
Thank you for the GREAT review!

Ger

Ger

Perfect for breakfast

I don't have to turn on my stovetop on for breakfast. I can cook everything here - bacon, eggs and bread. Excellent kitchen item. Perfect size for 4 people in our household.

Purchased in October 2019 at Amazon for $35.00.

Hi Ger,
Glad to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210.

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210

We have had this grill for about 8 years. It's a little worn, but worn well over the years and has offered great value for money. It makes a great toasted sandwich and crispy pies etc well with a flat base plate and a grill type plate on top. It doesn't have a mid point for opening for thicker items, the lid is either open or closed. So you have to be careful when grilling chicko rolls for instance they will be flattened if you're not watching it.
Certainly don't know what I would do without this good old faithful machine.

Purchased at Big W.

Hi Simone ,
Thank you for the great review on our GR8210. It is an oldy but a goldy!. We use it here in our office too. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

S Nika

S NikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An essential part of our kitchen!

This grill is used constantly in our household. Toasting foccacias, gozleme. . all sorts of flatbreads with fillings etc. To be honest we have used it to death, including dropping it several times. Still, it goes on. To us, it's an essential workhorse, reasonably priced and gives the family the opportunity to knock together quick measl, when tired. . . open grills with the lid height adjustment etc. Honestly, café presses aren't that complicated and this model has proven economical, reliable, efficient and totally practical. Don't forget to peel off the plastic covering from it!

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi S nika,
Thanks for the great review! We love it too.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

ShoppingBlows

ShoppingBlowsIllawarra, NSW

Fast to heat up, easy to use and keep clean.

While my kitchen was being done I had no working cooking appliances so went to Target to get a jaffle maker - then saw this on the shelf. As it's a Sunbeam I thought it would be good quality and on inspection I could see it was well made. I used this every day for two months and just love it! It heats up fast and has easy to see red and green lights on the top so you can tell when it's ready to go. It's also really easy to keep clean - I wipe it down as soon as I use it. I agree with another reviewer that the silver/chrome top does get hot - so as long as you are aware of that it's not a problem. As to the size, it's perfect for one or two people. You can make two normal sandwiches at the same time, or one panini or Turkish bread.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target Australia for $49.00.

No Hight adjustment

Bought this thinking it was Hight adjustable as our Breville did. Crumpets come out like biscuits. Maybe there is a way we haven't found out. Other than that it is great for cleaning, toasted sandwiches .

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $39.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi cassa, this grill does to the height but as it doesn't have the dial it does not sit off the bread. The GR8250Bis the one that does this...

cassa
cassa

Can't see full message but the book that is included for my model only shows on the cover opened to a Hight for an egg and bun. Misleading

Hi cassa,
The other thing I would suggest for crumpets, toast etc. is to leave the top open and toast on both sides. Bacon, eggs and other such things can also be grilled this way

Dave

Dave

works great

So far so good. We brought this to use for Turkish bread toasties and dose a great job,melts the cheese to perfection and seems to be of a sturdy construction. Don"t use metal to scrape off the old burnt cheese as this will scratch the non stick coating.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Hi Dave y.
Thanks for the great review! enjoy. Kind regards,

Sapphiree

SapphireeAU

Good on all part except one.

Really good heat. Hard to burn anything. Sandwich can be really toasty and nice. Temperature works well even in winter.

One complain is there isn't any heat resistant outer layer. So it is very hot to the touch even from outside. A plastic bag flew over once while in use and the whole thing melted on it and render it kinda toxic to use. Easily got a new one coz it is cheap.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $25.00.

Hi Sapphiree,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback regarding the out shell will be passed on to our product team. Great idea!.

Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

Quick and tasty!

Needed a new Toastie maker so wandered in to big W and there she was.
Shiny Sunbeam sandwich press.
Really quick, very non-sticky (if that makes sense) and easy settings stop bread burning.
If you need a easy to store quick toasty maker then this is the one for you - recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks so much for the great review Andrew!

Ben

BenQLD, 4655

Great Wraps and Toasties.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Ben, so happy you love the product, thanks for the fab review!!!!

Kev

KevHobart, TAS

Perfect Toasted Sandwiches

It heats up fast, does a great job of toasting sandwiches. Plenty of hotplate space. Very easy to clean, just wipe it clean with a paper towel. The power cord wraps easily around the base, snug and out of the way. The appliance simply locks closed, and can be stored resting on its back end, or lying flat. No bad points found after almost daily use for six weeks, a top quality machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the positive feedback Kev.