Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner

Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Melanie K.

Melanie K.asked

I used for the first time on foiled hair. 5 drops. Turned a horrendous purple! How long does it take to revert back to original colour. Next time I will use only 2 drops.

Caz1310
Caz1310

It washes out. It is a product that you do have to experiment with how many drops to use...the foils may soak up more colour too?

audrey

audreyasked

I'm wanting pure white hair, like , genuine white as whiteout coloured hair,
Will this make my hair white, or silvery, as alot of toners will turn my hair silver , I'm wanting pure white hair .
Thanms

Melbourne.Girl

Melbourne.Girlasked

Hi, I always used a creme on my hair... how do you apply the drops? (If they come in drops!)

Michele
Michele

Hi Melbourne Girl. You get a small plastic jug and add about 2 cups of warm water then about 3 drops of Brilliant Silver White (It comes in a small dropper bottle). It will make your hair ash but brighter. First try will let you see if you you need more or less. Another good product is Loriel Age Perfect semi permanent. I like the warm blonde one. Expensive but You get dozens of applications from one bottle - pale blonde and no regrowth. No mixing only leave in about 10 minutes. Good luck. Michele

Penelope

Penelopeasked

I notice that this product can be used on "natural" brown hair. What about dyed brown hair? I am growing the brown out and have white & grey regrowth - not pretty. I used Magic Silver White in the 70s and loved it on natural brown hair then.

Leann C.

Leann C.asked

Is it ok to use it on brown hair ?

Maureen D

Maureen Dasked

I always bought Magic Silver White from a Company, I'm sure was located in Kyneton (mail order) but I have lost the information, can anyone help?thank you so much - dillon@iinet.net.au

pjw304

I order mine from eBay but you can order directly from Brilliant Silver White website or find stockists in your area on their website also

Maggie

Maggieasked

I have grey hair and I trying to get it silver white using the brilliant white toner. but nor getting the silver white how many drop should I use as I want to get to the silver white. any hints
Mags

Maggie

Maggieasked

Mags

Millicent

Millicentasked

Is brilliant silver white available in south Africa?

David T

David Tasked

How do I use it and where in the UK can I buy it?

Di M.

Di M.asked

Where can I get this product please

ljowen
ljowen

I got mine on ebay

Marilyn Chapman

Marilyn Chapmanasked

What effect does it have on grey hair?

Sue A.asked

Best place to purchase Magic Silver White or Rose in Australia?

pjw304

eBay! I buy 2 at a time :)

Thank you.

Tess H

Tess Hasked

Is there any benefit in adding drops to a spray bottle or to your conditioner..I have just read some people do but not heard the results

THomas Sasked

Love your review. I used this product many years ago. Where can I buy this product?
Thanks for your review

Christine

Hi there! I purchased from the website. But you can also purchase on eBay. Hope this helps! https://brilliantsilverwhite.com

Kerry
Kerry

Hello,
I think it is only available on eBay. Hope this helps

THomas S

Thanks girls nice to know you. Appreciate your replies. Xx best wishes to you

jnel_3

jnel_3asked

Can I use this on brown hair with blonde foils. And has anyone tried the spray leave in toner they now have?

Christine

I don't see why BSW shouldn't lift your blonde foils, do you have quite a lot in your hair? It certainly cools the few blonde highlights I had put in, which helps them look better with my grey/silver hair. The natural brown hair I have mixed in with my greys tends to go a little darker, so I guess the purple/blue is cancelling out any chestnut/red tones in those strands as well. I did not have any luck with the spray method. I dunk my head into a shallow bucket with 1.5 litres of warm water with 2 drops of toner. I find it is absorbed by the hair better. If I use more than 2 drops my silver hair goes too purple, but that's because it has no pigment and absorbs all the colour. So I think your blonde foils should tone beautifully, you will have to experiment to see how many drops your hair requires. I can't remember when I bought my first small bottle, but I use it weekly after a wash, and there still is plenty left, it is very economical. Good luck.

Lis C

I see no reason why you cannot - depending on the amount of Magic Silver White you put in your rinse water - your blonde tips will certainly change colour and the yellow will recede - sometimes the brown hair can also change [depending on the amount]

Regarding Christine's comment - I have grey hair and find that I usually quirt the colour into the rinse water and I have a blue tinge to my hair which unfortunately fades after a few days. The colour is not permanent.

Missi

Missiasked

can I use this on eye bleach hair tragedy my hair has gone Orange?

Lis C

It should tone the colour down quite a bit but if you use too much blue then your hair will go a maroon/purple/ colour.

comfort

I don't feel qualified to answer this, I concur with above answer, it SHOULD tone it down a bit. Why not ask the people you intend to buy it from.
Di

Christine

I don't feel as if I can give you a solid answer either. I would imagine it would take the brightness out of the orange, but as to the colour result I would not know. I would seek advice from a good hairdresser, or contact the BSW people and go from there. Good luck.

Cassie

Cassieasked

Hi, where an I buy this Brilliant silver white toner please- either in Goulburn NSW or in Brisbane City QLD stores please

Christine

Hello Cassie, you won't be able to purchase off the shelf, but very easy to find on eBay and directly through DHS Marketing in Australia, as it is an Australian product. Good luck.

comfort

Was going to tell you the same thing. You could try googling it asking for "retail" .Things may have changed since I bought it. But very easy to find on ebay.
Di

Lynsey
Lynsey

Hi Cassie, some Priceline Pharmacies stock it but I got mine from EBAY. Well worth the hunt.

Fern I

Fern Iasked

Hi, can you tell me where to buy Brilliant Silver White drops?

Ms G

You can contact Brilliant Silver White directly or shop online for it: http://brilliantsilverwhite.com/

Dionne
Dionne

go to www.brilliantsilverwhite.com

Shirlz

Shirlzasked

I want a pale lilac colour on my blonde greying hair how many drops would I need to add to the rinsing water

Ms G

According to the FAQ on their site, you only need a few drops for grey and blonde hair if you just want to remove brassiness, so if you're wanting to make yours more lilac, you'd obviously use a bit more. I can only suggest experimenting to find how many drops gives you the effect you're after.

Here's their FAQ page for others who might be interested: http://brilliantsilverwhite.com/frequently-asked-questions/