Straps are terrible

We purchased this seat as it got a good star safety rating however the straps on the seat are SO hard to tighten and loosen to fit over the babies shoulder. Getting her int he seat is extremely hard, and the buckle always gets stuck under her. The straps are hard to tighten because the length of them are just not long enough. And to top it off, if the straps are not loosen together at the same time one strap gets longer then the other and then the whole thing gets stuck. There is a metal latch at the back of the seat that the strap runs through and this gets all locked up and you can not loosen or tighten the straps. Not impressed with seat and wish we never bought it

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi Bree, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Brava. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Brava

Not easy to tighten straps at all.
Bottom Buckle falls under baby's bottom because there is no straps to latch it to.
Not easy to install.
Baby did find it comfortable and would sleep happily in it but not the seat for us.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $349.00.

Car ModelToyota Prado J120
Hi Kaija Croft, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe and Easy

Seat was very easy to install, even when I was 37 weeks pregnant! Easy to adjust for growth and to keep clean. Bonus points, we could fit our baby quite comfortably while she had to wear a Pavlik Harness for 8 weeks!

Purchased in January 2019.

Car ModelMazda 3
Hi SJC, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe and easy

Very comfortable for bubs easy to adjust with growth and to put in the car.
Easy to clean and I just love this product it is so light and my partner loves it too. Compared to the other car seat we have for his car

Purchased in January 2019.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi Bethany, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

The solution to getting 3 seats in a small medium car

This seat seemed to be the only way we could fit 3 car seats along the back of our i30. It has a narrow base and in combination with a booster adjacent, we can fit the 3 seats.
Other than that, the seat is fine. It seems safe and my child likes it. It is easy to use. The ability to adjust the shoulder height of the straps is superior on this product than of the 5+ other child seats I have used.

Purchased in June 2018 for $349.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi David, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Simple and easy fit.

This car seat fits perfectly into my car rear facing (which sometimes I find difficult with some car sizes) was super easy to get installed and even easy for myself and husband to remove and reinstall. My son has plenty of room and finds it comfortable enough to sleep most car trips. Safe and sound being a well known brand made it an easy purchase.

Purchased in July 2018.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JG
Hi Danielle, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great compact seat

This is a great seat. Fits well next to my Graphene and it's a bonus that I could swap the tether side to the door side to make it easier to tighten and loosen. Only negative is that the crotch fabric is not secured to the seat and needed to be repositioned every trip, so I just took it out.

Thanks so for taking the time to leave such a great review Brooke! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Decent car seat - easy to use but quite large in car

We bought these when Baby Bunting had a sale and have found it to be quite a good car seat for our little one. Our little one is very comfortable and secure in this and it’s easy enough to get him in and out. Only downside is that I have a small suv car and this car seat takes up a lot of room in the back seat! I heard the brand Britax was a good name to go with and I’m very happy with the product overall.

Hi Laura, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Fits easily into a small car!

We purchased this as we have a small car (Skoda fabia) and was told by the saleslady that this was one of the smallest car seats out there.
Positives:
- Love that this has the extended rearward facing which was an important safety point for us
- Easy to fix into the car using isofix (hubby did this)
Negatives:
- The latch to loosen the shoulder straps takes a bit of getting used to to find and use, but once you know where it is, it's not a problem
- We have another Britax car seat and this does not have as much protection/ cushioning around the head area which makes sense as this is meant to be a slimmer car seat
Overall, pleased with purchase.

Hi Jan, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great seat

I’ve had this car seat for almost 2 yrs. it’s pretty easy to instal in the car. He seems pretty comfortable in the seat and always falls asleep on trips we take. It’s pretty simple cleaning it. I like that there is cup holders he uses it all the time. Storage is simple to it’s just one piece so there. It much that can go wrong.

Hi Brooke, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Awesome for small cars!

I'm really happy with this car seat. I have a Honda Jazz and it's very compact. It's also very comfortable for my baby and he does not over heat in it like he did in his capsule. It also comes with a lot of padding in it which is removable as baby grows.

Hi L F, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Does the job. Slim. Easy to Install.

Our bubs is 7m old, rearward facing.

•Easy to install with the isofix points.
• Handy you don't need to take the seat out to adjust straps & headrest, it's all done together with a push of a button.
• Skinny seat so you still have room in the back to squish 2 passengers in.
• Don't like how the tether strap is always loose one side & tight on the other.
• Straps are harder to do up then my Maxi-Cosi
• Bubs is hard to get in & out, deep seat base? high sides?

Wouldn't re-purchase as I like the Maxi Cosi better

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

I bought this recently for my new baby grandson , my daughter bought same Brand but a more expensive one than the Brava, I am finding that her car seat has heaps more over shoulder straps , on the Brava it seems to not have a lot of slack on the arm straps as hers and the plug you clip the straps into doesn’t move at all, I’m worried it’s not going to last him till he’s 7 mths old ??? Has anyone else found this problem , we have checked to make sure there are no tangles with the straps etc ! They all just seem so short ! Any assistance would be great . Thx
Hi Ann, thanks for your question. Something doesn't sound right as the Brava is suitable for children up to approx. 4yrs of age. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.Ok will do thank you !

Hi, I’m wanting to know what the key differences are between the Britax Graphene and the Brava? Looking to upgrade my 7mth old from a capsule and have a Mazda CX-5 with not a lot of room between back and front seat
HI S Ledge, thanks for your question. The Graphene car seat provides your little one torso protection and Thermo5 fabric covers, both seats have AHR (Active Head Restraint), hassle free harness, is ISOFIX compatible, rear facing 2-3 years (approx.) and are aircraft compatible (Australian flights only). Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Britax Team. https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-graphene/Do you mean to say Brava doesn't have torso support? Does Brava have any moisture wicking fabric if not Thermo5?

CategoryBaby Car Seats