Brother FS101

Brother FS101

Love it love how it dose so many stitches. Sews nice. Love using my machine.

Love it love how it dose so many stitches. Sews nice. Love using my machine. Love that you can put a name on your clothes and a patten as well. It comes with a DVD on how to use it witch was great to sit down and watch it and go through is while watching it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $399.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced

Rubbish! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!

Purchased this machine at Spotlight thinking I was getting something decent. Sure the full price of $699 ($499 with club card) isn't a lot for a computerised machine BUT I expected something that would sew properly. I mean to say it has ALL the bells and whistles but doesn't perform to match. It misses stitches and loops on 1 side.I tried adjusting the top tension but it made little difference so took it back and complained to a sales woman and she went to work testing it.
She firstly blamed the cotton saying I need to use GUTERMANN then said I need to nurse it not rush it. Why then does it have 3 speeds one of which is fast? She was happy with the way she had it sewing so sent me on my way!
I purchased Gutermann cotton and tried that at home. Still missing stitches and looping!
It also has letters for monograming, I tried this and the stitching is so bad and SMALL it's not possible to distinguish what it's meant to be.
I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER MACHINE FROM SPOTLIGHT nor will I purchase BROTHER brand machines again!
I used to like sewing but this machine has changed that as the work it does is the worst I've ever seen in my 40+ years of sewing!

Date PurchasedSep 2018