Brother GS-2700

Brother GS-2700

Perfect for a beginner

I bought brother GS2700 few months back through online. It is in good working condition. I am not a beginner in sewing. I knew only basics of sewing before getting this. Now I developed my sewing skills very much using this. I could sew all types of fabrics in that till now. Really it worth.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great for a beginner

I haven't used a sewing machine since high school home ec and did a huge amount of research before ultimately buying this machine (based largely on the positive reviews on this site and the fact that it was on sale at Myer for $189). The DVD is super useful - I just popped it in and it got me started. No jams or issues at all so far. Will update this review if I have any future issues. I'm so glad I chose this machine - love it.

Let there be light !!

It's a nice looking machine. Sounds great. Very smooth. Light weight but stable. Good instruction manual and video disc was very helpful. However, straight out of the box and the light doesn't work. What a disappointment.

Awesome it is..

It is a very good beginner- intermediate sewing machine. The one step button hole, auto-needle threader, top load bobbin all makes it so easy that, as Auzziepie mentioned I also graduate from a clueless beginner to intermediate seamstress. Have been making a lot of dresses for my little girl since I got this baby. So far no complaints and I just love it.

Great machine!

I've had this machine for over a year now and it hasn't let me down. I've now graduated from a clueless beginner sewer (what's a bobbin?) to an advanced beginner/intermediate (sewing dresses, dolls and even done some shirring with ease). I would recommend this machine from a beginner to a hobby sewist. It does everything I need it to do, but I would like to upgrade in the future to one with some more functions. This is a great machine at a great price. I would have liked a machine with a hard case rather than the plastic dust cover, but I made a quilted sewing machine cover for it which looks ten times better!
One step button hole, automatic needle threader, DVD instructions, easy to read manual

Excellent beginner sewing machine

I got this baby a few months ago and my my.. I have been sewing everyday since. It is a beginner friendly machine with many good features. I thought the price was excellent for a not-so-basic sewing machine yet an invaluable machine for a beginner like me. I basically started using it right away, making A-line skirts, simple summer dresses and shawls.
drop bobbin case, automatic 1 step button hole (brilliant for beginners), automatic needle threader (my eyesight is rather poor), inexpensive and very reliable