Brother GS-2700

Brother GS-2700

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Brother? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8
  • Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance
Maria
MariaPerth, WA

I can live without this machine

I would never buy this model of Brother again. It is hit and miss after 9 months from purchase. The buttonhole function does not work correctly and am mostly unpicking and starting again. It sometimes does not like to start at the beginning of the seam and my material gets jammed in the teeth feed. I am going to sell it and buy a different brand. Maybe I just have a lemon.

Purchased in March 2019 for $320.

jaya36SA, 5169

Ok for light work.

Purchased at Spotlight.

Perfect for a beginner

I bought brother GS2700 few months back through online. It is in good working condition. I am not a beginner in sewing. I knew only basics of sewing before getting this. Now I developed my sewing skills very much using this. I could sew all types of fabrics in that till now. Really it worth.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Adelina
AdelinaAdelaide

Great for a beginner

I haven't used a sewing machine since high school home ec and did a huge amount of research before ultimately buying this machine (based largely on the positive reviews on this site and the fact that it was on sale at Myer for $189). The DVD is super useful - I just popped it in and it got me started. No jams or issues at all so far. Will update this review if I have any future issues. I'm so glad I chose this machine - love it.

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Brother GS-2700 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Louissmith179
Louissmith179Petchaburi

Let there be light !!

It's a nice looking machine. Sounds great. Very smooth. Light weight but stable. Good instruction manual and video disc was very helpful. However, straight out of the box and the light doesn't work. What a disappointment.

LJ03
LJ03Brisbane

Awesome it is..

It is a very good beginner- intermediate sewing machine. The one step button hole, auto-needle threader, top load bobbin all makes it so easy that, as Auzziepie mentioned I also graduate from a clueless beginner to intermediate seamstress. Have been making a lot of dresses for my little girl since I got this baby. So far no complaints and I just love it.

Auzziepie
AuzziepieDarwin, Northern Territory

Great machine!

I've had this machine for over a year now and it hasn't let me down. I've now graduated from a clueless beginner sewer (what's a bobbin?) to an advanced beginner/intermediate (sewing dresses, dolls and even done some shirring with ease). I would recommend this machine from a beginner to a hobby sewist. It does everything I need it to do, but I would like to upgrade in the future to one with some more functions. This is a great machine at a great price. I would have liked a machine with a hard case rather than the plastic dust cover, but I made a quilted sewing machine cover for it which looks ten times better!
One step button hole, automatic needle threader, DVD instructions, easy to read manual

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022

Excellent beginner sewing machine

I got this baby a few months ago and my my.. I have been sewing everyday since. It is a beginner friendly machine with many good features. I thought the price was excellent for a not-so-basic sewing machine yet an invaluable machine for a beginner like me. I basically started using it right away, making A-line skirts, simple summer dresses and shawls.
drop bobbin case, automatic 1 step button hole (brilliant for beginners), automatic needle threader (my eyesight is rather poor), inexpensive and very reliable

Bunnyasked

Is anyone could help me please? I’am having a big trouble adjusting the tension on the top :( I’ve tried everything I could to adjust but the tension still comes very loose and I am getting frustrated. If someone can help that will be very helpful. Thank you very much in advance.

Thasneem
Thasneem

Check whether u threaded correctly both upper thread and lower thread. Take both and thread again. it may helps.

If u still having the problem, check where looping of thread occurs, whether upper side of the cloth or lower side of the cloth. Use different coloured threads on both sides so that you can easily identify where is the problem.

If looping of thread occurs on lower side of cloth while stitching, that means the upper tension is not proper. Then adjust it with the tension knob.

Also check you are using sharp needle and u are placed it properly. Hope it helps

jaya36

Hiya, I have this trouble with mine occasionally - depending on the fabric thickness - I have trouble with the lighter fabrics or one layer fabrics Not helped by the fact that you can't adjust the bobbin tension. I believe there is a bobbin case for another machine that fits this, with adjustable tension - I'm gonna look for that. I am good with machines, cleaned, serviced, and using best quality thread, new needles etc. It still has the problem. I got my old machines refurbished and use them now in preference to this, depending on what I'm doing. It's good for donkey work on thicker fabrics, but I don't use it for any contsruction seam that is going to take strain.

Ros S.
Ros S.asked

Hello, I just bought the Brother GS2700 and I am struggling so much to find the overlock stitch. I follow the manual instructions but I cannot get with the number 18 and with the 3 neither.
Thanks for your help

Sitala T.
Sitala T.asked

how you put through thread to thread up lever

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers