Brother PQ-1500S / PQ1500SL

Brother PQ-1500S / PQ1500SL

PQ1500SL and PQ1500S

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

great machine but 1 problem

I use the PQ1500SL for quilting and I love the machine the only thing i complain about is threading the needle its hard to thread other then that i love it

Purchased in April 2016 at sewing machine plus for $878.00.

Noise Level

SuziQueenstown

Love it

Date PurchasedJul 2014

HanNatNana

This Machine Is The Best!!

Terrible

terrible terrible terrible machine. So is the after service. don't buy from Allbrands. thats all I Have to say about this machine.

Bought it in March. Have never been able to free motion quilt with it. It has been back to the seller (Allbrands). Sent back still didn't work. It has been sent to Brother (still doesn't work. Trying to get my money back,but, have been unsuccessful. Have had this machine 6 months and have not been able to sew with it at all. By the way don't buy from Allbrands.

Bad

somewhat useless as anything other than a straight stitch machine, and who uses those any more? looking to replace it with a Tin Lizzy or similar.
nice looking, works well for what it is, a straight stitch only.
I agree - do NOT BUY for a quilting machine - thread and needles break, doesn't have a deep enough throat

Donna44
Donna44

I am having problems with thread breakage and needle breakage.. ugh what type of needle and thread do you use?

OK

If you need to have a machine that stitches 1500 stitches per minute this is the machine to get. However, don't get it for free motion quilting.
For straight stitching in a hurry - this is the machine to buy. It's sturdy and all metal. Fabulous for curtains.
I bought this machine for free motion stitching. IAfter making a few quilts successfully I began having thread breakage problems. I have taken it to several repair places to no avail. After speaking to a Brother representative I began using Top Stitch needles. That helped a little - however, the thread breaking continues on a regular and annoying basis. I've pretty much given up any hope of using this machine for free motion stitching and only use it for straight stitching.

Pat

Patasked

PQ1500SL

Are there differences in the 1500SL and the Nouvelle 1500s quilting machines?? And when was each manufactured. Thank you!

Susie S.

Susie S.asked

What is the difference between a pq1500 sl and a pq 1500 s?

HanNatNana

Afaik, the 'L' indicates LED lighting...but I changed the bulb in my 'S' to an LED as I prefer white light when sewing. Easy fix and depends what colour and type of light you prefer. HTH ;-)

Robyn

Robynasked

PQ1500SL

How alike is this PQ1500 sl, to the nouvelle 1500s.
Is it an earlier model? A fre years older. Robyn

HanNatNana

It is the same machine, check the brochure here .... https://www.brother.com.au/brochures/PQ-1500S_Brochure.pdf
While this model also has the Nouvelle 1500S logo on the top right side of the machine I've never seen anyone use that name when referencing the machine.
It's a great machine though. ;-))

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives

Brother PQ1500SL