Brother SL500

Brother SL500

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Natalie07

Natalie07Qld, 4014

Disappointing Fault

Date PurchasedJun 2017

JudiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Returning to sewing after 20 years

What a wonderful machine, I still am learning all the range of stitches and accessories. Very quiet and love the three sewing speeds! easy to move around and has a great appearance. I had a Brother machine previously which was much lighter weight, this one is a great improvement although my old machine never let me down. The sales staff at Spotlight are very helpful. I would recommend highly.

TomatoPerth

What an amazing machine. Thrilled to pieces.

I purchased the Brother SL500 during a spotlight sale, so I picked it up for $348.
It's a wonderful machine. It is simple to thread, the bobbin is drama free and it sews beautifully. It was great value for money.

Andrae

Andraeasked

Do you sell the peddle and power cord separately?

Judi

Hi, I purchased my machine from Spotlight here on the Gold Coast. I am sure you would be able to buy any parts through them or any Brother Agency or store.

Paula

Paulaasked

I just bought a Brother SL500, I can't get the thread tension correct at all. The bobbin thread can be seen from the right side of the fabric and I can't zig zag at all because I can't get the both thread tensions even. After looking at the machine I think it is because there is no bobbin case and the bobbin moves around freely as you sew. I have previously had a sewing machine with a bobbin case that held the bobbin in place but I am sure I won't be able to get the thread tensions even because of the movement in the bobbin. Is there a way to correct the thread tension?

Judi

Hi. I have had no problem similar o this. I would contact Company you purchased from sounds like an adjustment is needed to machine. You will be happy with this machine when adjusted. I bought m machine a Spotlight who give terrific after sales service

Tomato

It’s a relatively simple fix.
Did you buy it new or secondhand?
To start off with, is your thread tension set to 4?

Judi

I bought it new from Spotlight here on the Gold Coast. They have a terrific after sales service. Also your book supplied with machine has all the details regarding tension, also they have a hot one.

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers