Brunnings All Purpose Fertiliser

Brunnings All Purpose Fertiliser

See the Best Garden Maintenance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never again - my rating would be less than one star if it was possible.

Nasty contents, and despite careful application I lost a number of shrubs and new plants using this product. YUK! I only use organic fertilisers in my garden from now on. Buyer beware - read the contents label, this stuff is toxic!

Purchased in March 2019 for $20.00.

It good

Good fertizler great for all gardens and good for everything. So good you can get a big bucket of it from Bunnings or big w. It’s great for fruit trees and shrubs as well as pot plants it’s very very good. And the bucket is handy for anything else I recommend it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Killed my indoor plants

I bought this fertilizer from Coles and sprinkled a bit to the soil of my indoor plants. The plants were growing good as I used to put seasol earlier. I saw this on promotion in coles and bought it. After adding to the plants, I found the plants started to wilt the next day and eventually they died in couple weeks.
Very dissappointed and will take the fertilizer to coles today.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Read warning label

Mercury and lead in the warning . I threw the two tubs i bought on the lawn instead of my herb and vegie garden. Will look for something else. Ill be reading the labels and warning from now on. Jusus why would they sell this stuff knowing it is harmfull. Got stuffed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I thought it was good..

I was initially happy with this fertiliser, then someone pointed out a warning on their label. I'm not sure of the repercussions in my specific situation (using the product to fertilise the plants in my garden) but I would prefer to use something that doesn't contain mercury, lead and cadmium.

The following warning appears under the analysis breakdown on the Brunnings label -

" Warning: This product contains cadmium, mercury (excl WA) and lead (excl WA). Continued use of this product in agricultural situations may lead to residue levels in plant and animal products in excess of the maximum level specified by the Australian New Zealand Food Standards Code and the accumulation of cadmium, mercury (excl WA) and lead (excl WA) in soils."

This product contains heavy metals which I doubt is a good thing?

Changed my rating from 4 to 1.

Will I buy again.....no.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Good results with this product

I use this product on potted and garden plants via both hand spreading and in the bottom of dug holes for new plantings.
Easy to apply by hand.
The difference in plantings with the use of this product are easily noticeable with plant growth of double the rate.
These plantings performed better at times of less water.
Product is notably cheaper than comparative products.
Price, cheaper than comparative products

Great for indoor and outdoor use.

I use this in my raised vegetable garden, for my potted plants, hanging baskets, as well as my indoor plants and outdoor shrubs. I love it's versatility, being all purpose it gives everything a boost with all the necessary nutrients. It's in a form almost like small gravel and is absolutely dust free which is great when you suffer from asthma and you're sprinkling it around. I use it several times a year, watering it in well as I go.
I can buy this from the Supermarket.