Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Brilliant after sales required extra clips on to hold canopy on receive next day a x the pod is absolutely great

Absolutely brilliant piece of kit rotating crops all summer will use this to put trays off seeds in to start of over the cold weatherfeaxy for planting on next season

Purchased in May 2018 for $150.00.

This is the best product ever

I received the large vegepod as a gift from my husband and son I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and can’t kneel or bend I also purchased the stand and winter cover so I could get started straight away with planting from seeds after 5 weeks I was picking lettuce and week 8 had some dwarf peas it’s amazing all growing nicely like they are in a glass house due to the winter cover so I can highly recommend the vegepod and you don’t get garden pests eating your vegetables so no nasty pesticides you have to love that the photo on the left is as of today

Purchased in May 2019 at Vegepod .

Very happy with this.

So far, my Vegepod is living up to all the claims. It's late May in Western PA and I've been harvesting spinach and lettuce for weeks (with no bugs chewing on it before I get a chance to). I have bean plants growing like wild-fire and tomato plants well over a foot high. Last night we had severe thunderstorms with hail. I was regretting that my Vegepod was exposed as I was watching the hail bounce across my deck. It's wasn't especially large hail - most about 1/2" diameter with a scattering of about 1" size pieces, but it was coming down with significant velocity. This morning I went out to check the damage... and there was NONE! The cover showed no signs of damage, and my plants were absolutely fine - totally soaked, but perfectly fine. I could see that the overflow feature had kicked in, as there was just a little pearlite on the ground underneath the frame. More storms are expected this afternoon and I may throw a tarp over it just to keep another excess of water from entering, but even if I don't, I know now that my garden can survive severe weather.

Purchased in March 2019 for $475.00.

Did you get a photo of the hail being thwarted by chance? We’d love to use it in a post. :) thanksUnfortunately I did not. Sorry, but I positioned my Vegepod where it isn't in view from any of my windows - which is why I had to wait until after the storm to check on it.

Very Impressed

Purchased the large VegePod the night of 20th May and it arrived first thing in morning on the 22nd May. Veggie gardens are my wife's domain but i can say from the husbands point of view as i assembled it for her i was very impressed with the quality of products supplied and how easy it was to assemble. All holes lined up perfectly and everything fit nicely. Very impressed. Thanks Vegepod.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for $159.00.

Does just what it says it would.

I bought my Vegepod a year ago. I was extremely pleased with my first crop last summer. I planted tomatoes, green peppers, lemon cucumbers, spinach, kale and English cucumbers. The only thing that didn't grow well were the English cukes because (in my excitement) I had over planted. I had planted 20 plants in a space for 12-16 plants. My bad! On another note, I am very pleased with how well the Vegepod held up throughout the year. I live near the ocean, so the wind, humidity and salt air can be very damaging. There was no damage at all to the Vegepod. I am very happy with my purchase and I would do it again.

Purchased in April 2016 for $249.00.

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in February 2019 for $400.00.

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the review and providing us the opportunity to explain. The sprays should not leak. Did you contact the office? They will provide spares if required. The sprays on any angle do not completely cover every square centimetre. They are an optional addition to all other watering methods. Note that the self-watering reservoirs work from below the soil so it doesn't matter even if all the water merely leeched down through the soil through a one tiny area for example. Having said that, when the seedlings are tiny and no established roots well below, a good daily manual watering is still recommended for a top soil drench. The cover should not blow off in such winds. A few podders will mistakenly out all the hinge clips on the back side so it flaps open. Did you put hinges on the front side too so as to clamp down? If so and it still opnes in string winds please contact the office and they will send you some more to really punch down. It should also not blow off whilst working with it if you have the string tied well and the hinges on the back are sturdy. Please call the office if you'd like a second string. Sorry to hear about TVSN shipping mistake. That one is out of our control. We wonder if you'd like to also review the growing capabilities of the vegepod? Happy growing and keep in touch! Thanks, Sarah

Poor quality pod hood

Vegepod is 14 months old.
The hood frame is rusting from the inside out, and one of the plastic connectors holding the hood frame together had failed. Poor quality for the price paid

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Hi Felsy, Thanks for the review and providing us the opportunity to explain. If you have had any undue rusting or connector fails, did you try contacting the office for review and support? They will look into it and help you out. Just send some pics and the info to info@vegepod.com.au. We wonder if you'd like to also review the actual growing capabilities of the vegepod? How has it been for you? Happy growing and keep in touch! Thanks, Sarah

Easiest set up EVER- City Dweller

Single woman who has put together many items. Vegepod was the easiest project ever. It took me about two and a half hour in my living room. Still cold outside here today in Pittsburgh PA. I will fill it with soil mix next weekend . Seeds are under grow lights high now. The youtube videos are awesome. Every part clips together without effort. Used a rubber mallet to give a little pus on the canopy. PERFECT and EASY set-up ever. I put both stands together in a half hour from the time I opened the box. Pods took about an hour and canopy half and hour. Thanks so much for producing a great product which allow me to have food without feeding the neighborhood wildlife.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hello Zone6Gardener, Thanks for the lovely feedback. We spent a lot of time creating the videos and they really help everyone beyond the mere 'ikea instructions' abound these days. Look forward to your review of the actual growing capabilities too one day! Happy growing. Thanks SarahGrowing is AMAZING in my deer infective neighborhood. Already harvesting lettuce, Swiss chard, broccoli, cauliflower and peas doing wonderful. I planted carrots iron oh well. Envy of the neighborhood and thank you for crating such a great Vegepod-pod.Thanks! Have you joined the Vegepod Owners FB Community page? Not run by us but they would love to share info and experiences with you. It’s a great resource and inspiration. Thanks. Kate

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in November 2013 at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.00.

Thanks for that Dee. Yes quite a bit has been improved in 5 years in parts and materials but this is good example to show that even the old models keep kicking on. The new clips have lips to click over the edge of the walls so no need to super glue on. Also check out webshop for the Parts and Accessories for any bits you may want :) grow on ! Cheers simon

Excellent after sales Customer service

Recently we had a issue when our vegepod was blown over and the clips holding the canopy broke. A quick descriptive email and they were quickly replaced and we were growing veges again. We had not used the watering aspect of the vegepod as my wife likes to water the garden personally when she can, however wirh the recent hot weather we hooked up the hose but unfortunately the connector kept leaking no matter which brand we tried, again a email query and a quick response and fix. I have not experienced this quality of customer service with a product ever.
Regards
Happy as Larry

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Purchased our for Christmas

We have had our Vege Pod since Christmas, and only 3 weeks ago planted our first vegetables. Wow, today our beans and tomatoes have flowers on them lettuce and carrots are growing beautifully. We live in the Snowy Monaro region and we are soooooo happy with our Vege Pod. Great investment in gettibg good pest free vegetables. Cannot be happier

Best thing I've ever bought

I absolutely love my vegepod, I can now grow everything that caterpillars destroyed like tomatoes, parsley and lemon balm. I wish the company all the best. It's an absolutely fantastic product! It makes growing vegies and herbs beyond easy. It's great for if you're renting, own your own home and for appartments too!

Better Than Ever Imagined

Planted mid Dec, early Xmas present, have the medium size with stand. Yesterday 1st Jan, 2019 - first harvest -enough lettuce for salad dinners for 3, plus herbs. Cannot believe the growth achieved in such a short time. Cannot recommend highly enough this product. When adding the soil used 4 bags of premium mix plus 1 cow manure plus 1 fowl manure.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Caution,read all reviews before purchase

Very disappointed in the standard of construction. The mesh was to tight to cover the frame work causing it to bend. During a moderate storm the frame collapsed completely. Have tried calling several time, phone rings out. Eventually got a reply to an email stating it will cost $10 for each replacement 'T' bracket to rebuild the lid. No much faith in customer service.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
G'day Zac, That sounds awfully odd. We pride ourselves on customer service and indeed won a business award for it just a month ago ... Im sure you're surprised too given all the reviews stating how strong we are on service. It seems something has gone awry with the phones there. Anyway let's move forward and get on top of this. Please try calling us again and we will sort. We can assure you we have not compromised on durabiity or strength with the Vegepods either so it sounds like there may have been an issue with how you have put it together? We have assembly vids to help. We are well known for product quality in materials. The poles are all gal steel, the bases are all UV stabilised and reinforced with support braces etc. The brackets are not $10 each either for replacements - please note they are $10 for the entire connector set. But on odd chance it was faulity we would rpelace free of charge anyway. Please call us. Cheers, SimonVegipod contacted me and sorted out all issues. Happy customer

Love it to bits

I have a large vegepod on a stand. We live in a townhouse with a small courtyard, and I have had no luck growing in pots. However, the vegepod has transformed my backyard into a small productive garden. It has turned a small pocket of sunshine into a greenhouse for germination in the winter/spring and a shadehouse for growing salad greens after that.
Since I purchased my vegepod, I have added accessories (the winter cover and the summer shade cover) which were very worthwhile and have greatly extended the usefulness of the garden.
In addition, I wrote to the manufacturers last month to say that my extreme use of the vegepod meant that the hinges for attaching the lid were not coping. They immediately shipped me out a new set free of charge (in their new design) which are an immense improvement and totally eradicated the problem I was having.
Definitely 5 out of 5 for the product, and 5 out of 5 for customer service.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks CMO for taking time to appreciate Andy review. As you point out, it ain’t just a product but it’s the service. From Day One we set out our company ethos to always maintain good old school customer service 7 days a week. Please post on our FB page if you ever get the chance and keep growing!

Easy to construct and plant out

I must admit hubby constructed and filled my medium vegepod and trolley I’ve just planted it out looking forward to harvesting my herbs and vegetables. Watching and checking the progress each day all sprouting
Looks great easy to move and connect to the hose.
Great service when I purchased over the phone and speedy delivery

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Fantastic for those renting

Absolutely love my vegepod. Started it on 2nd September and thrilled with how fast the produce is growing. I got the large pod and I am considering another. This is great for people who rent.

The team behind it are so quick at answering any questions you may have.

Thank you for a fantastic product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

What a great piece of equipment

We purchased our large vegapod from the Southport Flower Show. We have witnsessed an excellent level of customer care and the company have been helpful from day one with just a few minor enquiries we have had. The vegapod and stand were easy to erect but I would advise that the instructions are re-written for better guidance. Our unit is taking place in our garden and has now been prepared for winter/spring vegetable growth. No bending to the ground to plant and the covers are going to protect from insects and vermin. We are really pleased we have purchaded this value for money item

Date PurchasedAug 2018

I have just purchased the large vegepod and am considering growing veges by Hydroponics which these units lend themselves too very well. Just interested in your opinion of the pros and cons versus growing in soil. Thanks John.
Hi John I used organic soul mixed with a good compost and some seasol after planted and grew from seeds and I love the vegepod

How often would you seasol?
Sorry. Christopher don't understand the word seasolHi Chris, standard Seasol is a soil 'conditioner'. It is wonderful stuff and great for your soil throughout the year (via mixed with water) at least 3 or 4 times a year. Note it is not a fertiliser / feeder mind you. Use seasol's PowerFeed to do that or some extra cow manure a couple times a year. Thanks

Hello Simon. I am considering buying a Vegepod for my wife, but the only place that would work on our narrow block is down the side of the house. However, as the width of the block is only 1.5m from the house to the fence, I wasn't sure if this would be too tight an area with too little sunlight, however my wife has been growing some things in pots down the side successfully, so maybe it will be okay. It does get light during the day, but is not always direct. Also if we get the larger pod, can it be hinged and opened from the side? And if so, will the hinges support it in the upright position? Also does the large pod stand come with wheels or only the regular stand? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Dalibor, Most veg and fruit need at least 4 to 6 hours direct sun a day. However some leafy greens and herbs can do with less like your wife's pots. If you have 1.5m gap then even the large pods are only 1m wide and yiou would still have half a metre to walk by them. Or you could even line up the narrow small pods which are only half metre wide which would then provide a one metre walking gap. Choose your configuration! :) And yes, the large pod can be hinged on the short ends. The hinges do support biut many people also use a 'prop' of some kind like a piece of wood to keep up firmly whilst working with the plants when opened. The large pod only has a regular stand but many people have used two medium trolleys underneath (which makes up a large stand size), and only when ther is super hard, flat, smooth and level surfaces. Happy growing! Thanks Sarah