Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Rob
RobAU

This is gonna be good.

My Vegepod arrived today. Very fast delivery. Great courier service, no damage to any packaging.
Items immaculately packaged. Put it together myself, which is time consuming. Youtube assembly videos big help, funny too.I bought the large pod with stand. All items beautifully made, no parts missing, no alignment hassles. Looking forward to harvesting. Also bought 2 bags of Perlite.

Purchased in March 2022 for $776.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

thanks for taking the time to review rob and welcome to the family! let us know how you go once you get to the growing stage - prepare for the explosion! thanks

Just ordered my third

This has to be the best way to grow food. Nothing can stop you if you have a Vegepod. Literally kilograms of delicious fresh food. I just stand and graze in the garden. Low water consumption is an extra bonus. I’ll be saving for my fourth.

Purchased in January 2022 at Vegepods.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

great to hear thanks helen

Helen HSydney, NSW

Not bug proof

I’ve had my pod for about 6 weeks. I love my vegepod, I really do, everythigg be grows fantastically, but there’s a problem. When you close the canopy there’s a gap of about 2cm almost completely around. I’ve been battling caterpillars and other flying creatures who are stripping my crop… all my plants were from seeds so not brought in from shops etc… I’ve seen active moths in there in the evening. It’s a real shame, I thought this would be the answer to my bug problem in veggie patch. I give 4 stars as the concept is amazing and the wicking wells really encourage that fast growth. The canopy needs some work however to make it truly pest free

Purchased in December 2021.

Helen L.South East Queensland, QLD

Vegepod good. Vegebag no good.

Purchased in May 2020 for $598.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replacement base sent

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

I have since spoken with Simon and a replacement was sent.

Purchased in April 2019 for $500.

Hi Rora
This has been escalated. Please contact one of the owners simon@vegepod.com.au. He said he will be happy to re-review all of this at your convenience and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion.
Thanks for your feedback

Very dissapointing

Purchased in August 2019.

Frame connectors poor quality

I have owned the Vegepod for approximately 3.5 years. Whilst the overall design is good the vegecover frame connectors are made of poor quality material and is NOT durable. They started cracking into the 2nd year of use and is now most connectors are no longer usuable requiring replacement. I had it in a partially shaded area. I would have expected better quality given it's price.

Purchased in June 2018.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Paul, After 4 years some of the older models have been known to crack and they are easily replaced. We have increased the UV stabiliser and thickness of those parts too. Please contact info@vegepod.com.au
thanks

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Chris D
Chris DSouthwest, VIC

Great product

I am 76 years of age but l was not sure of one part when putting it together so rang and left a message no response from them so I studied the parts on their website and worked it out. It was very easy to put together by watching the videos after me doing all the base my son came and did the canopy and the stand which was great. Now to see with the veggies

Purchased in October 2021 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Steve W.
Steve W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product with a couple of caveats

Purchased at Vegepod.

Jodie
JodieIllawarra, NSW

Vegepods are seriously the best

I've never been able to grow lettace, EVER. In July 2021 I planted seeds - Australian yellow leaf lettace, spinach - this is September 3rd 2021. We have gotten SO much from this small vegepod - and its crisp, fresh. I recommend cutting the lettace 1 cm from the cob/end and you get so much from it. I cut and it grows. I have now got the winter cover on and its thriving even more then before. I LOVE them so much.

Purchased in July 2021.

Tess
TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in May 2021 for $600.

David H.
David H.South East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service and great product

The Vegepod is everything that its suppliers claim, and my tomato plants love it. Nice quality product, and exceptional customer service. I had a small issue that was quickly resolved beyond my expectations - and that is a rarity these days. Keep it up Vegepod!

Purchased in April 2020.

Garden Maintenance Products

Veggie growing for the enthusiastic beginner

Ordered the large veggie pod cover and stand. Ordering was efficient, delivery was prompt and timed. Put the pod together today, please note our DIY skills are not the best. Pod was easy to assemble, all the parts are well made, fitted / connected well and were robust. Instructions were clear. Can’t wait to begin my veggie growing experience. Would recommend this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Ecs007
Ecs007Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great solution for having a bio garden at home!

We had a very good experience with Vegepod and it became the family's bio garden favourite! Once we had a minor issue wity one of the rod, but their professional customer service immediately solved it! Highly recommend it!

Purchased in September 2018.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

What Excellent Service

We have had our large Vegipod for about three years and love it. We had a minor problem that we discussed last week with the WA representative at the Perth Garden Show. The problem was remedied immediately and cheerfully. What great service - a pity other companies don't follow their example. We have now bought the small Vegipod for our herbs.

Purchased at Perth Garden Festival.

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

Pamela
Pamelaasked

how much is the small size

hi pam
the base unit with canopy is $199.
stands are optional extras
thanks

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.