Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Low maintenance High yield

This is a fantastic product. We purchased the medium with the stand. The ability to wheel it around was great especially if you have to chase the sun. Wish the clips were better quality and the attached hood line was more sturdy. A few extra hoses in the lid would make for better overall misting. We will be purchasing a another one this year !!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Lee valley .

PablosSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I purchased a large VegePod some time ago. I needed some help and advice regarding the Winter cover. When you ring, you talk to a 'real person' with excellent product knowledge. On this occasion I spoke with Paul Harris. He gave me several tips to help my particular needs. With so many companies not wanting to know you after the sale is made VegPod is so refreshingly different. Customer service is awesome, as are the excellent products they sell. I would recommend VegePod as being unique and makes keeping pests of your produce a breeze. No horrible chemical sprays are necessary. We often go away for a week or more at a time so the self wicking watering takes care of that during these times. Thanks to Paul at VegePod.

Purchased in January 2018.

Rob Pearce

Rob PearceSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 rotten tomatoes for assembly

I tried to assemble the base today, but found the cross braces had the pre drilled holes in the wrong place and didn't align with the corner brackets. The result .. break out the clamps and 7 mm drill bit, and realign the holes. You must be skilled at drilling through steel for this one. As for the instructions, I found the photos blurry and unclear. Good luck I say, as I'm a qualified carpenter/handyman who spends his whole day solving problems, and on the tools. Give me an IKEA instruction book any day. And no, I didn't call the help desk, and the videos weren't much chop either. No flowery apology required from the customer service team.

Purchased in August 2019.

Simon H.Vegepod

Brilliant after sales required extra clips on to hold canopy on receive next day a x the pod is absolutely great

Absolutely brilliant piece of kit rotating crops all summer will use this to put trays off seeds in to start of over the cold weatherfeaxy for planting on next season

Purchased in May 2018 for $150.00.

Simon H.Vegepod

Thanks Phillip. Please post some pics on our FB page so we can repost! Thanks, Simon

CakemommaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is the best product ever

I received the large vegepod as a gift from my husband and son I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and can’t kneel or bend I also purchased the stand and winter cover so I could get started straight away with planting from seeds after 5 weeks I was picking lettuce and week 8 had some dwarf peas it’s amazing all growing nicely like they are in a glass house due to the winter cover so I can highly recommend the vegepod and you don’t get garden pests eating your vegetables so no nasty pesticides you have to love that the photo on the left is as of today

Purchased in May 2019 at Vegepod .

Simon H.Vegepod

So nice to hear CakeMomma. I wonder how we can get this kind of info out to other gardeners with R.A ? Thanks SImon

Cakemomma

I share on Facebook and also instagram I liked vegepod pages and tag them whenever I put photos up just love love love my vegepod and always happy to tell anyone who wants to know about them best product ever

Very happy with this.

Purchased in March 2019 for $475.00.

Simon H.Vegepod

Did you get a photo of the hail being thwarted by chance? We’d love to use it in a post. :) thanks

msr
msr

Unfortunately I did not. Sorry, but I positioned my Vegepod where it isn't in view from any of my windows - which is why I had to wait until after the storm to check on it.

Very Impressed

Purchased the large VegePod the night of 20th May and it arrived first thing in morning on the 22nd May. Veggie gardens are my wife's domain but i can say from the husbands point of view as i assembled it for her i was very impressed with the quality of products supplied and how easy it was to assemble. All holes lined up perfectly and everything fit nicely. Very impressed. Thanks Vegepod.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for $159.00.

Does just what it says it would.

I bought my Vegepod a year ago. I was extremely pleased with my first crop last summer. I planted tomatoes, green peppers, lemon cucumbers, spinach, kale and English cucumbers. The only thing that didn't grow well were the English cukes because (in my excitement) I had over planted. I had planted 20 plants in a space for 12-16 plants. My bad! On another note, I am very pleased with how well the Vegepod held up throughout the year. I live near the ocean, so the wind, humidity and salt air can be very damaging. There was no damage at all to the Vegepod. I am very happy with my purchase and I would do it again.

Purchased in April 2016 for $249.00.

Matthew S.

Matthew S.Katamatite

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in February 2019 for $400.00.

felsyVictoria

Poor quality pod hood

Vegepod is 14 months old.
The hood frame is rusting from the inside out, and one of the plastic connectors holding the hood frame together had failed. Poor quality for the price paid

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Easiest set up EVER- City Dweller

Single woman who has put together many items. Vegepod was the easiest project ever. It took me about two and a half hour in my living room. Still cold outside here today in Pittsburgh PA. I will fill it with soil mix next weekend . Seeds are under grow lights high now. The youtube videos are awesome. Every part clips together without effort. Used a rubber mallet to give a little pus on the canopy. PERFECT and EASY set-up ever. I put both stands together in a half hour from the time I opened the box. Pods took about an hour and canopy half and hour. Thanks so much for producing a great product which allow me to have food without feeding the neighborhood wildlife.

Purchased in March 2019.

Zone6Gardener
Zone6Gardener
Simon H.Vegepod

Thanks! Have you joined the Vegepod Owners FB Community page? Not run by us but they would love to share info and experiences with you. It’s a great resource and inspiration. Thanks. Kate

Dee

DeeNew South Wales

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in November 2013 at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.00.

Excellent after sales Customer service

Recently we had a issue when our vegepod was blown over and the clips holding the canopy broke. A quick descriptive email and they were quickly replaced and we were growing veges again. We had not used the watering aspect of the vegepod as my wife likes to water the garden personally when she can, however wirh the recent hot weather we hooked up the hose but unfortunately the connector kept leaking no matter which brand we tried, again a email query and a quick response and fix. I have not experienced this quality of customer service with a product ever.
Regards
Happy as Larry

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Johnno

JohnnoBombala

Purchased our for Christmas

We have had our Vege Pod since Christmas, and only 3 weeks ago planted our first vegetables. Wow, today our beans and tomatoes have flowers on them lettuce and carrots are growing beautifully. We live in the Snowy Monaro region and we are soooooo happy with our Vege Pod. Great investment in gettibg good pest free vegetables. Cannot be happier

Best thing I've ever bought

I absolutely love my vegepod, I can now grow everything that caterpillars destroyed like tomatoes, parsley and lemon balm. I wish the company all the best. It's an absolutely fantastic product! It makes growing vegies and herbs beyond easy. It's great for if you're renting, own your own home and for appartments too!

Better Than Ever Imagined

Planted mid Dec, early Xmas present, have the medium size with stand. Yesterday 1st Jan, 2019 - first harvest -enough lettuce for salad dinners for 3, plus herbs. Cannot believe the growth achieved in such a short time. Cannot recommend highly enough this product. When adding the soil used 4 bags of premium mix plus 1 cow manure plus 1 fowl manure.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Caution,read all reviews before purchase

Very disappointed in the standard of construction. The mesh was to tight to cover the frame work causing it to bend. During a moderate storm the frame collapsed completely. Have tried calling several time, phone rings out. Eventually got a reply to an email stating it will cost $10 for each replacement 'T' bracket to rebuild the lid. No much faith in customer service.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Zacgrab
Zacgrab

Vegipod contacted me and sorted out all issues. Happy customer

CMO

CMOAU

Love it to bits

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Valerie Withamasked

Hi

I'm in the throws of ordering a large veggie pod, stands and cover, so I have been researching customer comments. I am confused with reports talking about a winter cover. This is my understanding from product information: comes with white shade dome for summer use, and a separate purchase for heavy shade cloth dome for over 35 degree heat in summer. Is this correct? What is the winter cover? I live in the mid north of SA and we experience cold frosty winters and summers now sometime exceeding 40 degree temperatures. What should I purchase for all year round produce? My positioning of the pod would be in the backyard facing north west and in an open area.

My second question is regarding delivery. I have a TVSN account that I would like to use for this purchase and I'm confused about where the item would be delivered. TVSN have my postal and street address, but I live in a rural area 1.5hrs north of Adelaide and there is no home delivery mail service here. All smaller items and mail go to the General Store/Post Office close by.

Please answer my questions via either method below, so that I can go ahead and order this amazing product.

Regards Valerie Witham
valerie3@internode.on.net

Simon H.Vegepod

Hi Valerie. The regular white mesh canopy comes with every pod. Its the cover you use all year round. It breathes, it keeps pests and inclement weather out. It creates a microclimate and does stop frost in its own right. There are then two additional covers that can be bought separately. A winter cover / propagation cover that is non permeable and acts like a true greenhouse to really warm them up plus a green shade cover for those really stinking hot 35 degree days to add some relief.
Just order on our webshop and the courier service calculates automatically and will find a way to deliver to you. You could even out your work address.

Valerie Witham

Thanks for your informative response.

Clare T

Clare Tasked

I'd just like to know if the pod is made from recycled materials?

Pablos

I don’t know. The customer service at Vegepod is excellent so they could answer this I am sure.

Hi Clare and pablo,
Most definitely not out of recycled plastic. Sounds good off the cuff but it’s great for making chairs or decks but not for food safe materials. Due to myriad of plastics that go into the melting pot you can’t guarantee BPA free, non leaching , food safe materials. Ours is certifiably food safe grade. It’s also super durable and the ten years plus life alone gives it great sustainability scores. Also not single use plastic so can recycle anytime. Grow Your Food!! Enjoy

MissyJane

MissyJaneasked

Hello I bought a medium vegepod but realised my space is better suited to a small size. Can I just set one half of the medium vegepod?

Cakemomma

im not sure you would have to contact vegepod about that

Simon H.Vegepod

Hi missy jane. Technically you can use the larts of the medium to creat a small pod base (ie one wicking base with less walls and same corners).
The canopy however is custom shape to size and all uou’d Have to do is buy a canopy kit for a small which is available on our webshop :)

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

CategoryGarden Maintenance