Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

4.4

Chris HancockPerth, WA

canopy material too small

This is the second large Vegepod I've bought. I was happy with the first but this last one has left me depressed. Since it took weeks to be delivered I've tried my level best to fit the material over the canopy frame rather than request a replacement. I've been at it for two days.
I am not sure a custodial sentence is appropriate, but whoever made these frustratingly small pieces of material needs to at least do a couple of days hard labour, as I have done.

Purchased in March 2020.

Deborah H.

Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in February 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$538.80.

Sue D

Sue DHunter Region, NSW

5 STAR product and 5 STAR service

Absolutely thrilled with our LARGE VEGEPOD and truly blown away by the 24 hr turnaround in replacement of two of the pods that had been damaged in the delivery process. The staff were extremely helpful and apologised for any disappointment and inconvenience that we may have suffered and immediately took steps to rectify the problem. You will go far with this wonderful level of customer service, Vegepod. Many thanks, Sue

Purchased in April 2020 at Vegepod online .

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Wary Consumer

Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in February 2016 at Mitre 10 for A$349.00.

Amazing results

We purchased 2 medium and 1 large Vegepod 2 days before NZ went into our covid 19 lock-down. We already had punnets of Bok-Choy, Broccoli, carrots, silver-beet, Spinach etc. 3 weeks later we are taking leaves off the silver-beet and spinach and have also pulled and eaten 2 Bok-Choy. The growth and health of the plants is amazing, with little to no time spent looking after them, just a quick watering. Totally recommend these pods. Wayne NZ.

Purchased in March 2020 at Mitre 10.

Janet T

Janet TSydney, NSW

Holes, notches or zip ties

I used the video to assemble my pod and trolley with no problems. Easy to follow. Unfortunately the video talks about putting together the wicking drains using holes and notches to click together. My pack contained 6 drains all with holes, none with notches. Have since found out that this is old stock that uses zip ties to connect them. People at Vegepod, could you just update your instructions please as I thought I’d been given a pack which was faulty. I can now finish completing the pod assembly using the ties to put them together. Other than this, so far, so good! Looking forward to planting!
And also, I didn’t have any written instructions to follow in my pod, so maybe need to look into this as well.

Purchased in April 2020.

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impressive Customer Service

The exceptional Customer service received by Pete at Vegepod is to be congratulated. Very prompt emails and positive responses each time. He thinks of the customer first and endeavours to rectify any issues or problems in a positive and polite manner. Thank you

Poor packaging, poor instructions

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the bolts and wingnuts were loose in the box, and the box was damaged when we received it. Lost some of that hardware out of the box opening I suspect. Also the instructions were missing how to put together the wicking wells. Luckily I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Some of us prefer to follow written instructions, not video instructions.

Purchased in February 2020 at Indianapolis Home Show.

Simon H.Vegepod

Outstanding product. Ideal for veg. growing in the small garden

I have the medium unit with stand. I used to have an allotment and, subsequently grew veg. in the odd bits of free space in my garden. The vegepod has vastly improved growing. In my first year I even grew a successful Brussels sprouts plant (though not the best in terms of use of space). The ease of watering and crop protection from pests is excellent. When one of the misting nozzles started dribbling, instead of spraying, Vegepod quickly sent me two replacement nozzles - and even two packets of seeds!! Thank you. All in all an excellent buy.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harrogate flower show.

MagmageeSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

Bought a full size Vegepod with the stand few weeks ago for my mum (paid $535). It's only a show piece, not worth for the price.
As the area of planting not enough, I went and bought few 73L plastic crates ($15 each) from Bunnings and made a raised timber frame to keep. This works well compared to very expensive Vegepod.
Regret and feel shame spending $535 on this expensive piece. I wish I could get refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Enfield Produce for A$535.00.

Low maintenance High yield

This is a fantastic product. We purchased the medium with the stand. The ability to wheel it around was great especially if you have to chase the sun. Wish the clips were better quality and the attached hood line was more sturdy. A few extra hoses in the lid would make for better overall misting. We will be purchasing a another one this year !!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Lee valley .

Pablos

PablosSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I purchased a large VegePod some time ago. I needed some help and advice regarding the Winter cover. When you ring, you talk to a 'real person' with excellent product knowledge. On this occasion I spoke with Paul Harris. He gave me several tips to help my particular needs. With so many companies not wanting to know you after the sale is made VegPod is so refreshingly different. Customer service is awesome, as are the excellent products they sell. I would recommend VegePod as being unique and makes keeping pests of your produce a breeze. No horrible chemical sprays are necessary. We often go away for a week or more at a time so the self wicking watering takes care of that during these times. Thanks to Paul at VegePod.

Purchased in January 2018.

Rob Pearce

Rob PearceSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 rotten tomatoes for assembly

I tried to assemble the base today, but found the cross braces had the pre drilled holes in the wrong place and didn't align with the corner brackets. The result .. break out the clamps and 7 mm drill bit, and realign the holes. You must be skilled at drilling through steel for this one. As for the instructions, I found the photos blurry and unclear. Good luck I say, as I'm a qualified carpenter/handyman who spends his whole day solving problems, and on the tools. Give me an IKEA instruction book any day. And no, I didn't call the help desk, and the videos weren't much chop either. No flowery apology required from the customer service team.

Purchased in August 2019.

Simon H.Vegepod

Brilliant after sales required extra clips on to hold canopy on receive next day a x the pod is absolutely great

Absolutely brilliant piece of kit rotating crops all summer will use this to put trays off seeds in to start of over the cold weatherfeaxy for planting on next season

Purchased in May 2018 for A$150.00.

Simon H.Vegepod

Thanks Phillip. Please post some pics on our FB page so we can repost! Thanks, Simon

CakemommaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is the best product ever

I received the large vegepod as a gift from my husband and son I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and can’t kneel or bend I also purchased the stand and winter cover so I could get started straight away with planting from seeds after 5 weeks I was picking lettuce and week 8 had some dwarf peas it’s amazing all growing nicely like they are in a glass house due to the winter cover so I can highly recommend the vegepod and you don’t get garden pests eating your vegetables so no nasty pesticides you have to love that the photo on the left is as of today

Purchased in May 2019 at Vegepod .

Simon H.Vegepod

So nice to hear CakeMomma. I wonder how we can get this kind of info out to other gardeners with R.A ? Thanks SImon

Cakemomma

I share on Facebook and also instagram I liked vegepod pages and tag them whenever I put photos up just love love love my vegepod and always happy to tell anyone who wants to know about them best product ever

Very happy with this.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$475.00.

Simon H.Vegepod

Did you get a photo of the hail being thwarted by chance? We’d love to use it in a post. :) thanks

msr
msr

Unfortunately I did not. Sorry, but I positioned my Vegepod where it isn't in view from any of my windows - which is why I had to wait until after the storm to check on it.

Very Impressed

Purchased the large VegePod the night of 20th May and it arrived first thing in morning on the 22nd May. Veggie gardens are my wife's domain but i can say from the husbands point of view as i assembled it for her i was very impressed with the quality of products supplied and how easy it was to assemble. All holes lined up perfectly and everything fit nicely. Very impressed. Thanks Vegepod.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$159.00.

Does just what it says it would.

I bought my Vegepod a year ago. I was extremely pleased with my first crop last summer. I planted tomatoes, green peppers, lemon cucumbers, spinach, kale and English cucumbers. The only thing that didn't grow well were the English cukes because (in my excitement) I had over planted. I had planted 20 plants in a space for 12-16 plants. My bad! On another note, I am very pleased with how well the Vegepod held up throughout the year. I live near the ocean, so the wind, humidity and salt air can be very damaging. There was no damage at all to the Vegepod. I am very happy with my purchase and I would do it again.

Purchased in April 2016 for A$249.00.

Matthew S.

Matthew S.Katamatite

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$400.00.

Fran K.

Fran K.asked

Live in Newstead Vic. Does the lift up lid protect veg from Frost?

Chris Hancock

I don't have any personal experience, as we don't get frost in Perth. But from what I've read, frost forms in situ when the temperature around the leaf surface falls below freezing. So the canopy by itself wouldn't stop that happening.
However, the mass of water and damp soil in the Vegepod unit would comprise a heat reservoir, and the canopy would help slow the loss of heat from that.
So on balance, the canopy would help a bit, but wouldn't give guaranteed protection from frost.

Simon H.Vegepod

Yes the commercial farming mesh does indeed stop air frost in its own right. But even if super super cold frost you can get the additional hothouse cover (non permeable clear greenhouse effect) to add extra warmth.

Helen T.

Helen T.asked

Can I visit your site in Terry Hills? I'm Northern Beaches local - or do you only sell via other outlets?
I'm concerned about all the neg reviews I've read here! mould, putting it together, nuts bolts holes not aligned, potting mix, permalite - $ are super important to me - I'm not loaded!! argh! I was so keen
Bridget

Chris Hancock

Most reviews are pretty good, given the 4.4 average.
The plastic can warp a bit and muck up the bolt hole alignments, but I was able to work my way around this using a screwdriver and hammer and finally assemble the unit.

Simon H.Vegepod

Give all the negative reviews!? We have an average of 4.4 out 5 over several hundred.
The Frustrating Part of all this platform is that it attracts detractors and anyone with the slightest complaint whom for the vast vast majority
1) Only have shot from the hip and never engaged the company to work out what was wrong
2) only ever review the assembly stage and not the actual amazing growing of veg
3) much is user error
Despite all that we still have 4.4/5 which is a High Distinction.
Yes, you are welcome to drop into our Shedquarters and we will blow you away with truth and love!

Dave

Daveasked

Hi what is the length and diameter of your PVC pipes.?

Simon H.Vegepod

Depends which size pod Dave.
What are you thinking?

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives