Bumbleride Speed

See the Best 3-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A true running pram

I've been a Bumbleride Indie user for 2 years now. And whilst i still love my Indie and would highly recommend it, i felt that i struggled a bit when i ran around the neighborhood, around corners and on uneven footpaths with the front wheel in locked position (the recommended wheel position for all jogging prams). Running on a flat, straight path is fine, but that's not what I'm doing.
After much consideration, i thought I'd give the Indie Speed a go, as it has the extra feature of a 30 degrees front wheel locking position, something i believed would help with my local neighborhood runs.
I have just come back from my first run with the Speed and i am thrilled with its performance!
I left the front wheel in the 30 degree locked position and found that there was no extra strain on my wrist when going around corners, it handled every type of terrain i came across, and i was able to run comfortably with one hand alternating.
The Speed looks a lot bigger than my Indie, but it didn't feel big or heavy to run with.
I think the larger back wheels made a big difference to the ride, as too did the all wheel suspension.
The fold on this model is also much better than the old model Indie, it now automatically locks!

The only concern i initially had with the Speed was that unlike most running prams, it didn't have a hand brake.
However, I'm not quite sure what the point of a hand brake is, unless you are running at super high speeds, down a really steep hill and need to brake suddenly??? I'm still not sure of the benefit of that. I had the wrist band on the entire time, so i kind of thought that would be enough.
It certainly was for me.

Highly recommend this pram to everyone!

Bumbleride Speed - Ride of your life

Updated from a Bumbleride Indie 2015 Model to the Bumbleride Speed 2017
I was already a Bumbleride fan but really impressed by all the changes to the 2017 Model. It seems Bumbleride have really listened to what customers thought.

Wow - I love it!!
Loved my Indie but feel this is such a great update.

The ride is amazing I loved the Indie but the speed is again just so much smoother and so easy to control.. My beach walks have becomes better than I ever imagine and this pram off road is so good. Easily moves over rough surface and logs on my bush adventures. I have used it a few times for a short run and been really happy with how easy it is to push and control. More of that later. I think the larger wheel not only look great but add so much function and ride to this pram. It gets lots of comments. I even love using it a the local shopping centre. It packs down really well so still fits into the boot of the car. The Back wheels can easily be remove if I need more space.

Positives
Big Hood - No need for shade cover
41 cm back wheel - amazing ride
Air filled tyres -- Great Ride
3 position front wheel for great control
Stand fold - So much easier than previous Indie
Multi position lay back / sit up possible
Pockets everywhere -- In back of pram in basket and for child on inside of chair -- I'm sure the pocket in basket for tyre pump will save in the future.
Large basket - Access while bub is sleeping
Large Foot well
Removable fabric at back of seat -- Have used this function as it really helps reduce the bulk of the extra large hood when bub is sitting up
Fabrics are really environmentally friendly - Love this
Cute little bell -- The kids love this one
Really light weight for such a big function pram ( 11.8kg)
Fits plenty of accessories for newborn -- I did not need them
3 year warranty

Things that would make it even better
I could only get Black would have loved a few more colour options
Hood Fold back - Its so large which is great but when folded back it is a bit bulky and does restrict the side of the seat a little. I found that if I pulled the seat forward and had the bulk behind the seat it was solved. But would be good if the hood was a little higher so no need to do this.