3.3 from 2,289 reviews

• Trip Completed Yes (44) · No (223)
  • Price Accuracy

malith

malithSydney, NSW

worst travel agent

my flight was changes, told them that i would need a full refund. i am still waiting for my refund and confirmation that i will get my refund.

When i call, i am on hold if i call from another they will answer the phone straight away.

I

Reza

RezaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst travel agent I tried!!! Never ever try it or think of it!!!

Firstly, I was going to change my flight date they asked me to pay 445$ which was free when I asked Emirates air line. Also, I did for free with Qatar airline as well.
Now they sending me notification that your flight rescheduled and you have to select one of our option, whenever I call them after one hour keeping on hold and trying different options at the end of conversation all of them saying this sentence: The relevent team is not available. we are busy due to Corona virus. someone we'll call u an no one calls.
Avoid this crap travel agency !!!!

Hello Reza
Thank you for your review. I am happy to assist further, I will send you a private message. Kind Rgds BYOjet

Ela JSydney, NSW

Travel plan affected by CORONAVIRUS

Yvonne BNorth Queensland, QLD

Don't try to book your flight with BYO

Please do yourself a favour don't book with BYOjet. Not over skyscanner and not direct. I tried twice to book flights and both times they were happy to take credit card and passenger details and proceed even have BYO access credit card even if it is with no charge. Call the customer service and lucky to understand the consultant and get told the same thing. Wonder what the ombudsmen would have to say to that.

Hello Yvonne
Thank you for your review. We are sorry your experience was not as expected. It can be frustrating when many customers are wanting to book the same flights and it is not available.
Kind Rgds

Yvonne B

You mean it isn't available for any customer but only feeds the purpose for your benefit as customers are accessing your site...... If BYOjet would care they wouldn't continuously doing the same thing.... look at those reviews. This tells the story.

Lorenzo M.

Lorenzo M.Darwin, NT

Ticket reschedule

Took me 5 days, when I was able to deal with a supervisor everything was quickly solved.
I hope next time to get this guy before.
No extra fees
Easy to compare
Accurate price

Hello Lorenzo
Thank you for your review we are glad we were able to resolve your query quickly. Thank you for your booking we do value your business.
Kind Rgds

Cheater!

Joanna
Joanna

Hello Joanna
Thank you for your reply again we are asking all our customers to bear with us. As are all the airlines and other agents at present.
BYOjet

Flights cancelled with no alternatives

BPark
BPark

Thank you for the reply. I have sent you a private message. I hope to hear from you very soon so this can be resolved.

PierreNew South Wales

SCAM!

This website is a scam. You simply cannot book a flight at their advertised prices. Every time it tells you the flight is no longer available at that price, no matter how fast you put in your details. Their customer service is dreadful. You will be on hold for a long time, then they will just tell you to reset your computer and clear your browsing data, which makes no difference.
They just want to waste your time and frustrate you into buying more expensive flights. Don't do it.

Pierre

You're not sorry. Your business model is to cheat consumers out of their hard earned money. You offer no solution to the problem whatsoever because there isn't one. You advertise fake prices to get people to use your service. Simple.

Sharon Martin

Sharon MartinQueensland

Serious lack of empathy

Customer Care E.BYOjet

When could I get money back??

I booked flights with Cathy Pacific but I canceled it due to corona virus.I Called BYO jet and they said it would be fully refund in about 5days. I have been waiting it more than a week but I still hasn't got the money back yet. I am worried if I could get the money back as I haven't got any information for refund by E mail. I don't mind being late for the money back but as long as I would like to get the confirmation for refund by email..... otherwise I am worried if they ignore my refund

YMO

Thanks for your quick response.
I will give you a private message, hope it will sort out soon,

YMO

They have confirmed that my refund has Been requested to the airline.it may take up to 12weeks so I will just to be refunded.
Thanks for helping me to confirm it.

Huge service charge for changing date. Unacceptable waiting time on phone

Surprisingly, Payment only accepted through phone. And 187 AUD for changing a flight date apart for the ticket prices??

Other travel agency don't charge these.
And also, You should keep a separate line for payment to be made. Specially when the call is international. It costs alot for a 20min call.

It was 20 min when I started typing this. Not sure when they will answer my call.

If you have a high volume of calls. Instead having a pop up msg in your website and answering machine, Please hire more staff. Give us proper service for what we are paying for.

Time recorded 30 min. Still not answering.

Sabana D.

Sabana D.Sydney, NSW

Very Bad Customer Service

Booked our tickets to China on Cathay pacific through them and due to virus breakdown in China, the airlines Cathay Pacific informed us that they have canceled the booking and a full refund is available. have spoken to BYOJET customer support so many times in the last 2 weeks and every time they tell you will get a refund in 5 days but that 5 days haven't come yet. They are full of fake excuses so that they can delay the refund even after providing an email of airlines that refund is available. Before you book with them think again and again. Still waiting on my refund.

nageshSSydney, NSW

Cancellation fees is excessive

I booked flight through BYOjet in Jan 2020 and tried to cancel the booking due to CoronaVirus outbreak. When calling customer service, they mentioned high cancellation fees for the airline and then for BYOjet mentioning that it would be admin charges. Even though the booking is for June 2020. They can definately resell this ticket. I tried even explaining them that we will be travelling with an infant which might have severe risk while transiting from HKG...
Also, they did not send any email with cancellation fees when I booked the tickects ...

nageshS

My question is why do BYOjet charges cancellation fees citing as admin fees (nearly 200 AUD) ?
Don't you think it is BYOjet responsibility to atleast send an email with booking highlighting cancellation charges ?

Hi Nagesh,
The fees are shown in the terns and conditions and we also list them in our FAQs. There is also a link to the terms and conditions on the itinerary that is emailed to customers.
Thanks,

R J.

R J.South East Queensland, QLD

Call the actual Airline before you call this company to change flight dates!!!!!!!

Trip Completed Yes

Very poor customer service

I booked a flight from BYO jet from Kathmandu to Sydney via china southern airlines. However, due to novel corona virus outbreak, my travel has been impacted. I contacted Byo jet about two weeks ago to assess the situation and provide me with either refund or reroute via different transit. Till date, I have received no response which has left me in dilemma about my travel. My flight date is approaching close and I deem it as a very poor customer service by this agent.

Yugsagar K.
Yugsagar K.

Hi,
Thank you for the response.
I could not receive the call on 14 Feb, however, I have already replied to the mail on the same date. Waiting on response email from your side.

Taffy

TaffySydney, NSW

I paid $9.00 for a price drop voucher.
My flight price drop by $211.00
Jane amended and support me to get the right information to her .
So I can use the voucher to book a hotel in the UK...
Thanks guys

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Booking with Byojet and China Southern and virus NO REPLY AND IGNORED

Chin WUSydney, NSW

A bad experience with our bookings

Chin WU

I just sent you the information, which I repeated to your call centre staff over and over again. Still waiting for the update!!!

DC10

DC10New South Wales

Hopeless

We booked flights to/from China which were impacted by coronavirus cancellations. Byojet provided zero information or support about our options. We had to figure it all out ourselves from the airline websites and contact Byojet repeatedly. Their call centre is in Asia and there are no decision-makers in the building, only robots. Does not reply to emails. Hopefully we will eventually be refunded for cancelled flights but hard to know with this mob. Pay the extra and book via an airline.

Hi,
We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking information, so we can investigate your case,
Regards,

Rip off

I will never use BYO jet again. I purchased a business class ticket to Taipei via Hong Kong. When I had to postpone and rebook ticket because of Coronavirus restrictions Cathay Pacific told me there were available seats in the same booking class on the new dates. When I contacted BYO two minutes later they said the new flights were $531 dollars more and there was nothing I could do about it.

Book through the airlines! It may cost a few dollars more but worth it if something goes wrong!

Riccardo
Riccardo

I spoke with Cathay 2 minutes before I called you and they assured me that fares on the same basis were available for the dates I chose.

Michelleasked

Hi i booked a flight from Perth to Kerry (Ireland) through BYOjet. I am flying Perth - Dublin with Emirates, will Emirates issue me with a boarding card for my connecting flight to Kerry? I assume by bag will go all the way to Kerry could you advise

Hello Michelle
Thanks for coming through to us. If you have connecting flights on Emirates all the way through with just a transit (change of flight) in Dubai then Emirates will provide you with boarding passes for both flights and will check your luggage through to Dublin. You will find you have to collect your bags in Dublin and go through customs and then either checkin or drop bags for your flight to Kerry, you will receive a boarding pass in Dublin for your flight to Kerry this is the normal practise. What airline are you flight to Kerry on?

Michelle

I have messaged you directly

kennyboiasked

I had my China Southern Airline flights booked from Sydney to New York in April transiting via China. It's now no longer possible to fly this route. US no longer allow entry for anyone coming from China, and China has "Do not travel" advisory.

Civil Aviation Administration of China has published on their website "The Civil Aviation Administration requires that the airlines have purchased tickets before 08:00 on January 28, 2020, and the flight date is after this time If a passenger applies for a refund before the flight departs, each airline and its ticket sales agent shall process a free refund for the passenger within the validity period of the ticket, and shall not charge any fees. This requirement will be implemented from 00:00 on January 28, 2020."

I had Emailed you more than a week ago requesting for full refund. I had not yet heard back. What's your turnaround time like with this request?

Tony
Tony

Kenny, you are better off calling them direct rather than email - I had my issue resolved by phone rahter than email. good luck!

Hi Kenny,
We have sent you a private message to get your booking details so we can contact you with the current information regarding cancellations.
Regards,

kennyboi

Thanks, I just message you the booking reference.

sukhasked

hi i just booked tickets with byojet today but its been 3 hours i have not received pdf , it showing in progress. can you guide me about it?

Brigitte
Brigitte

Had the same issue when booking our flights, rang BYO customer care, they sorted it out and sent an email through

sukh

Thank you . I will do that .

Customer Care E.BYOjet

Hi Please advise you BYO reference and we will check.

Get an answer from our members and BYOjet representatives