BYOjet
3.1 from 2,550 reviews

3.1

2,550 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (61) · No (417)
  • Price Accuracy

davo

davoGippsland, VIC

Disgusting!

Anthony

Anthony

Never Again

Finally, after 4 months, informed today of refund (not all) for ticket to Europe after literally spending hours on the phone. Poorly updated. Refund now due to my own persistence in continually needing to follow-up. Among some helpful BYOject customer service people, also encountered rudeness, with some just hanging-up the phone. Had flights booked with three different airlines within Europe for same trip who were all terrific with providing refunds after the expected delay. No problems at all. First and last time I will ever book with a travel agency: 'once bitten twice shy'.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSouth East Queensland, QLD

Full refund and pretty good communication

I booked flights to France through BYOjet, which were at a good price. When air travel was cancelled due to Covid, after submitting an 'online request' and getting an automated response, I decided to phone. I got through after an average wait, and after giving them my details, I was offered a voucher or a refund. I chose the refund, and although it took a while (which is understandable) I received it earlier than I thought - around 10 weeks later, and it was for the full amount. The communication was OK, and there were a couple of updates, and confirmation that refunds were being processed. Can't expect much more than that in 2020 when you book online through a 3rd party (Skyscanner). Good job BYOjet!

Jayarr

JayarrSydney, NSW

Criminal behaviour? Zero stars if I could!

Marcel

MarcelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute horrific experience with BYO Jet

Absolute horrific experience with BYO Jet. One of their customer service representatives (Ray) refused to escalate my call to a supervisor (he told me he is unable to do this) and a moment later he hung up on me. When I called back and spoke to his colleague, she proved Ray wrong and connected me with her supervisor, who seemed a little more qualified. However, BYO Jet's customer communication is pretty much non-existent and I have never had such a nightmare customer experience.

Manny

MannyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent customer service

Had no problems whatsoever with this company, we got our full airfare refunded, they kept in contact through emails, will in future book all my tickets with them ,highly recommended

no refund from last 6 months

Chasing these guys from the last 22 weeks for the refund, every time they said it will take 12 weeks, now it 22 weeks running, but no response from these guys. also, confirm with the Singapore airlines, they already refund my payment to Byojet. But these guys do not want to refund in my account.

Booking Type Accommodation, Car Hire, Cruise, Flights, Insurance, Tour and Visa

Ver bad service from BYoJet

Booking Type Car Hire, Cruise, Flights, Insurance, Tour and Visa

Jules Evans

Jules EvansSouth East Queensland, QLD

VERY poor customer service, still waiting for our money to be returned

The company have been poor to deal with, customer services is non existent and we have been waiting over two months for our money to be returned considering they take it off you instantly

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great communication during Covid-19

Booking Type Flights

Can’t get a hold of them

Directly targets british customers, fails to mention it only operates a contact centres on Australian times.

Called to rebook a flight, eventually got through and turns out they didn’t even process it properly and despite sending me a document with the flight saying confirmed, it wasn’t actually confirmed

Trip Completed Yes
Pan

Pan

No refund

Back in March, my flight was cancelled due to COVID-19 and refund process was initiated. However, it has been four-month, and I am still waiting for my refund.
The worst part is their customer service doesn't care. They don't have any update or know how we can expedite it. Also, they are very rude.

My suggestion - Please don't book your tickets with them.

Taken my money

Received my refund today minus $1098 after 21 week. It's not even the original $250pp cancellation fee just some random amount. No email with a breakdown either. I will be contacted the ACCC as BYOjet should not be taking fees anyway. They are not allowed too!!

Mel C.

Mel C.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely unhelpful

I booked flights to the UK in September 2019 for May 2020. However due to covid received an email asking if I wanted a credit or refund, I chose refund. A few weeks later they tried to send me a credit she’ll so I rang them and reconfirmed that it was a refund I was after. They said they would start that process and it would take up to 12 weeks. 12 weeks has since passed and now they are telling me it is upwards of 12 weeks.. I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone higher and he just kept going round in circles telling me I just have to wait and there is nothing more they can do.

Finally received a full refund after a 4 month wait..

Assad

Assad

Flight refund more than 6 months

My flight from Islamabad Pakistan was cancelled and I am still waiting for refunds but there is no-one to talk to. It has been 6 months still waiting for the refund no refund yet. Me and my family were booked on the same flight through Emirates airline.

Akram

AkramSouth East Queensland, QLD

No reply no refund

The airline cancelled one leg of the flight, which was unacceptable, I asked for a refund. 3 months I have heard nothing. If they are still in business. The local agents were not helpful and the company has not responded to my request.

Ash

AshVIC, 3429

Byojet! I need a response! My credit or fully refund. I feel suffocated as there's no way of contacting with you

manpreet

manpreetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally got full refund

Hi all would like to tell all of you After waiting 3 months finally got full refund. Was stressful time for me but May be bit good msg who waiting for refund will get soon .Thank you

Samantha W.