BYOjet
3.4 from 2,182 reviews

Poor communication

Hi I booked flights SYD-SIN-MLE and return, booking reference BYO10434022, on 31 July and am yet to receive my flight itinerary. I have attempted to call the customer service team 5 times now and each time I press the extension for General Enquiries, the phone disconnects. I spent more than $4000.

Booking Type Flights

Never again will I book with BYOjet.

Had a cancelled flight. BYOjet dragged their feet every step of the way trying to get the refund. I initially requested the refund on the Monday the day after the flights were cancelled, they said they would contact me within 72 hours to confirm the request, I heard nothing. I called back 3 days later and it turns out they didn't even put the request in. This time they actually put the request through, and told me they would inform me within 72 hours (not including the weekend) whether they had received an estimated value from the airline as I needed for my travel insurance claim. Again I heard nothing from them. Called them back and they gave me the same excuses as last time, indicating it would be a 12 week wait until they would know anything! Called the airline and they gave me the refund prices the same day. Unfortunately I still have to wait 12 weeks for BYOjet to process the refund. Never again will I book with BYOjet.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We have sent you a private message to get your booking details so we can investigate this issue, Regards, BYOJet.

very helpful

everything was great. i had to cancel the flight for personal reasons and the lady was very very helpful trying to arrange another time to fly at a later date still getting a good price for me.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your booking and review. We are glad our Customer Care team was able to help you in an efficient manner. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Disappointed

Booking and receiving confirmation and itinerary was easy and quick, was charged twice but received a refund within a few days. However when we were overseas we had to get home quicker than anticipated so called to change dates of return flights. Whilst I was fully prepared for charges to do this i was not expecting the ridiculous amount they wanted. We had already paid almost $1600 for return flights and they wanted another $980 per person just to change the date!!! I've had to to this in the past with a different booking agency and was only charged $200. Outrageous amount of money when the flights were already paid for, will not book through byojet again

Booking Type Flights
Hi Trudi, The cost to make changes is dependant on the airline availability and not our fees. The change cost consists of the reissue fee but largely it is made up of any fare difference between the fare your originally purchased and what the airline is currently selling on the dates that are required. We agree it can cost a lot, particularly if you are making the change with no much notice. This is simply how airfares work. If the return was caused by events outside your control, you may be able to claim the cost via your travel insurance. Regards, BYOJet.

Great service.

Best booking experience, I made a mistake on booking BYO fixed it up for me within hours. Had previous problems with other booking companies but BYOJET are great, highly recommend this company.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Yan, Thanks for your booking. We are glad our Customer Care team have been able to look after you in an efficient manner. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Quick, easy and unbelievably cheap

I was a bit skeptical when I first found these flights as they were significantly cheaper than any other website, like $800 cheaper than, and they were with Singapore airlines the whole way to Europe and return, and with short stop overs. But BYO Jet sent through the confirmation and itinerary in about 12 hours, and I checked immediately with Singapore (through their app) and the flights were all confirmed and logged in their system ready to go. Highly recommend and will be using them again in the future.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Kay, Thank you for your booking and kind review. We hope you have a great trip and enjoy Europe. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Itinerary not Ticketed??

I booked tickets to Delhi yesterday. Fares were significantly cheaper then booking on SQ website. I quickly got the confirmation and the itinerary too. Great service !! The only problem I have faced is that my tickets are still not ticketed??? What does that mean ? I can see entire itinerary on SQ app but cannot manage booking. It’s really weird.

Booking Type Flights
Very prompt and professional service. I just called them and got a confirmed (ticketed) itinerary in 10 mins.Hi Shalini, Thank you for your booking and your review. We are glad our Customer Care team was able to help you and you have your E Ticket itinerary now. We hope you have a great trip. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.Thank you again!! Appreciate your help.

Relax guys... :)

I found other online travel agencies and found BYOjet being owned by Flight Centre brought some accountability if I didn't get my tickets.., well I couldn't believe the price for Singapore airlines. It was kind of $500-1500 different to booking with the airline directly.

Sure I couldn't exactly get my date, and sure I probably won't bother canceling and/or changing the tickets.., After booking and paying I got confirmation email straight away and also sent an email asking for itinerary and confirmation from Singapore Airlines.., within 12 hours -- I am on cloud 9.

AWESOME! All booked up with one of the best airlines. I am not going to dare want to change the date though haha. Thanks BYOJet.

P.S Be sure your details are correct. 100%. Don't plan on making changes on really cheap fares. Or want to cancel. I think they're super low fares offered by airlines to the Online Agencies to entice us to use them and see what's it's like. I was a little worried about these reviews also, but I followed up with BYOjet (general enquiry) and they got back to me within an hour then I had my e-ticket confirmed via Singapore Airlines within 2-4 hours as they said.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Robert, Thanks for your booking and kind review. We hope you have a great holiday. We are glad that our customer care team were able to help you in a efficient manner, and that we saved your some $$ - more to spend on your holiday. We like to remind customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our site. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! We also like to remind customers to check their passport validity and any visa requirements for their trip. Regards, BYOJet.

Got confirmation but didn't get tickets yet

Hi booked ticket yesterday and got booking confirmation immediately. However still didn't get the ticket and I have paid already. How byojet is going to help me in this. Plz

Booking Type Flights
Booking confirmation number is BYO10547325 Flights from Brisbane to AhmedabadHi Hitesh, We have just checked this for you - we have reordered your E Ticket and you should have it shortly. Thank you for your booking. We hope you have a great holiday. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.Hi can you send pdf copy of invoice and ticket plz. What I received is just ticket that to mail body..

Been more than 2 day still don’t get itinerary email yet

I booked the ticket from Sydney to Brisbane My booking reference is BYO10524475 been paid for more than 2 days. How long would it take to get an itinerary email?

Booking Type Accomodation
Hi, We have received an error message saying your email is incorrect. We have sent you a private message with more details. Regards, BYOJet.Srawutthai@hotmail.com? How can be incorrect when I receive references email through this email.Hi, We are sending you a private message to obtain a second email address - we can see the initial confirmation email went to you, but the E Ticket itinerary keeps getting blocked for some reason. Regards, BYOJet.

Fast and reliable.

Providws your itenary really quickly after buying the tickets. You know you are safe when you can check the booking on the airlines site. 4yrs in a row. I bought tickets for Singapore, Malaysia and China Southern Airlines.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Safwan, Thank you for your repeat bookings. It is really appreciated. Customers who take care when making their bookings and checking details before making payment rarely have issues. We hope you have a great holiday. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Absolutely disgusting

Do not use this company. They are liars and false advertise prices for flights that are not available. They have absolutely horrendous customer service and do not give a damn about their customers. They make excuses for their faults and have no interest in helping or rectifying the issue. Do not be fooled by their low prices because they are either not available to purchase or they’ll stuff you up some other way. Will never use their service

Booking Type Flights
Hi Lee, We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details, so we can investigate, Regards, BYOJet.

Delighted & Surprised by the Prompt & Efficient Service

Booking was easy to make however I requested a PDF version of the Invoice for Tax Purposes and received a reply within 5 minutes - I had a couple of return emails back and forth and all equally as prompt and efficient. I was really impressed as often you get a "noreply" email address when making bookings online.

Well done BYOJet!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jeanette, Thank you for your booking and kind review. We are glad our Customer Care team was able to help you. We hope you have a great trip. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Great phone service

The consultant that I dealt with was fantastic!! I had issues on the online server and website that I than spoke to Ervin from the call centre about who was nothing short of fantastic....he went above and beyond unlike the first call I had made where a female representative offered disgusting service. Ervin was great and is a great asset to the customer service team

Booking Type Flights
Hi Christine, Thank you for your booking and review. We are glad our team member Ervin was able to help you in an efficient manner. We hope you have a great trip. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, BYOJet.

Horrible service! - DO NOT book with BYO JET

I'll very strongly advise DO NOT book flights with BYO JET. They are worse with their service , and very VERY HORRIBLE to deal. They are very BIG scam. I booked my flight with them and later found out that they were big scam when it comes to changing flights. Be very careful when you book your flights with them.

Booking Type Flights
Hi SMJ, Thank you for your booking. Flight changes can be expensive and it doesn't matter where or who you book with. There is the airline reissue fee, normally a fare difference (which can be very significant if changing with little notice or to a high season) and our fee. We would love it if there was no charge, but we are required to pass on the airline charges. Regards, BYOJet.

E ticket

I haven’t received my eticket yet? I’d also like to book my seats but the link won’t let me. Thank you. My ref is byo10516059
Already paid. It’s been more than 24 hours

Booking Type Flights
Hi Kaitie, The E ticket was sent last night but we have just re-sent in case you didn't get it - please let us know urgently if you don;t get these. Enjoy your trip to Bali and make sure you have travel insurance - you can buy on our site. Also your passport cannot expire before 21 May 2020. And we also have great hotel deals on our site - check them out, Regards, BYOJet.

Horrible service!

Don’t book with them because if something goes wrong with the booking, they won’t help you and they will just hang up on you because it’s too hard for them to resolve.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jessie, We are sending you a privaye message to obtain some more information, Regards, BYOJet.

Seat selection

Booked the tickets and then the seats, selected the seats and at the final confirmation screen, it said ’an error occured.’ so there was no confirmation that the seats I selected were reserved, however the total payment for seat selection was deducted from my credit card. My booking number is #BYO1051630.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We have just sent you a private message so we can get some extra details, Regards, BYOJet.I can't view the e-tickets, nor the seats I booked and paid for in the itinerary.Why is there only one seat number allocated for all 3 passengers? Why can't I enter the e-ticket number into the Singapore airlines to manage my booking? Why is my middle name not displayed in the itinerary? Thar.. NIROSHA Wijeg..

itinerary BYO10497308 haven’t received

Friday, 8 Aug I bought my ticket and paid booking confirmation no BYO10497308 but after more than 36 hours haven’t received my itinerary. Emailed BYOjet twice but were bounced back.

I bought my ticket a couple weeks ago and got my ticket straight away but not this time!

Booking Type Flights
Finally received my itinerary on Sunday morning after emailed the BYOjet team twice. Thank you.Hi Arie, Thanks for your booking and review. Your repeat bookings are appreciated. We hope you have a great holiday. We are in the process of a significant upgrade to our site, including a manage your booking area, and the ability for customers to access their E tickets online. We like to remind customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our site. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! We also like to remind customers to check their passport validity and any visa requirements for their trip. Regards, BYOJet.Thank you. Got my itinerary.

The worst

The worse!!!!!!!! Customer service is the poorest!!!They are so dumb that they don’t even know you change the flight with them!!
I booked a flight with them but I ended up change the flight because my medical condition and when I back home I called (put me on hold for 30 mins )and email them request for statement for my own travel insurance and they kept saying I changed my ticket thru airline and accused me i was lying, how come this company can not even find the records of consumption for a member, wasting of my time! I’m not booking anything form this company again, worst of the worst!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Wei, We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details so we can investigate, Regards, BYOJet.