BYOjet
3.1 from 2,520 reviews

3.1

2,520 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (59) · No (394)
  • Price Accuracy

Wen L

Wen LFar North Queensland, QLD

Dishonest company, Never book with them

Richard N.

Richard N.South East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off amidst corona virus

I Had to change my flight date due to corona virus. Virgin offered a full refund, however BYO insisted I had to pay a cancellation/change fee of $1000 and to contact virgin for the refund. Being stuck overseas in the middle of a pandemic I had little choice but to pay for a new ticket.

Needless to say after paying the fare BYOjet refused to help me in any way whatsoever. After many hours on hold they’d hang up, they’d tell me to call virgin or my bank and gave me the full run around. Clearly taking advantage of this pandemic and exploiting travellers.
I never write reviews, but my experience with BYO was so negative I wanted to warn people to what kind of company they’re dealing with.

Trip Completed Yes
Kate

KateHunter Region, NSW

Fraudulent

Davo

DavoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Vague & unsatisfactory communication

Advised by Byojet refunds for Covid flight cancellation can take 12 weeks. No advice regarding my specific booking. They don't need people to process any new bookings, so why delay?

Megan M.

Megan M.South East Queensland, QLD

PATHETIC & POINTLESS

Pathetic customer service. NOT recommended, customer service attendant spoke to me in a foreign language, as a passive aggressive display rudeness. I waited on the call for almost 20 mins to be told information I already knew. If I could rate them with zero stars that'd be my preference.

N BaldwinSydney, NSW

DISGUSTING

I am absolutely disgusted and appalled by BYOJET, after booking return flights in May with them only to have the airline go under and them to tell me I’m not eligible for a full refund only a credit shell valid for 6 months. They have ignored all my emails and not acknowledged the fact my partner is diabetic and auto immune deficient which means he will not be able to holiday for roughly two years. Disgraceful behaviour taking advantage of innocent people in such challenging time’s.

No REFUND!!

I booked my flight with byojet in january 2020, but, my booking was for brisbane to bali return...Dates march 23rd to march 30th
Due to pandemic my flight was cancelled , I have messaged...Emailed tried to phone.....No response....No refund....Absolutely disgusting service...I demand a refund!!...You can not just keep a client's money...Very bad treatment to clients.I will never use byojet again

Brooke B.

Brooke B.Sydney, NSW

terrible

I Booked though BYOjet, I tried to contact them about my cancelled flight to see if I would receive a refund.
While on hold for many hours (listening on repeat “because I’m happy” by pharrell Williams,
I hate that song & I am definitely not happy!!) the line disconnects... plus not respond to multiple emails.
Absolutely appalling this company should not be in business.

Booking Type Flights

No customer service at all. Never gave me any refund at all.

I filled online cancellation form several times, never received a reply. I kept trying calling them but was never connected despite waiting for over an hour each time. Total fraud!

Find out how BYOjet compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

No - refund when airline cancelled flights - why?

George S.

George S.Perth, WA

Very disappointing service

Booking Type Flights

Convert credit shell to refund

Booking Type Flights

Review collected in partnership with BYOjet

Helena

HelenaPerth, WA

BYOJET huge disappointment

Kiwis

KiwisSouth East Queensland, QLD

BYO $250 per person Processing Fee for Refund What a Joke

BYO has charged me $250 per person for a processing fee x 3 people ($750.00). I booked our flight 28 April 2019. They offered a credit but then said a credit is not an option because I have 12 months to use which means I had to travel by 28 April 2020. This was not possible due to Covid. The airline has fully refunded BYO which in good faith BYO should pass the whole refund on to the customer not keep $250.00 per person for processing refund. BYO you are profiting from people that are struggling at this time. You ought to be a shamed of yourselves. You definitely will not be getting any business from me in the future.

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

Extremely unhelpful, steer clear!

We have lost so much money with this company, they have been so unhelpful. We are forced to rebook through them which I am sure will cost us even more money.

Riz

RizSydney, NSW

Biggest robbers worst company

Charged me $250 for cancellation during COVID 19..I am not sure why Australian government is not taking any action against this BYO JET robbers who are looting and Making huge amount of profits.. TERRIBLE PATHETIC.

Rohan

RohanSydney, NSW

BYO JET are total cheats !!!

They are charging $250 for flight cancellation when the airlines themselves are not charging anything to BYO.
Now even Flight centre has started refunding its customers which is the right thing to do.
Shame on you BYO Jet. During such stressful times , you ought to give the money back. I could have understood a $20 cancellation but how did you come up with $250 ? Are they paying their staff $250 to book at ticket ? Is that their labour per hour cost to the company ?

Please, nobody give them any business .

whyohwhy

whyohwhy

Impending class action - join up

I am a victim of the Flight Centre Group's unfair cancellation fees too. Seriously, why they think they are entitled to $250 fees for do-it-yourself online travel tools is beyond unscrupulous.

Go to facebook and join up to "Flight Centre Class Action Australia" page. The administrator is garnering interest for a class action against Flight Centre Group for all the victims under their many many brands.

Sunnysideup

SunnysideupNiddrie

RE review BYO CAUSING DURESS CONTINUED

Dean

Deancairns

Total thieves

!Total thieves !! Tried telling me singapore airlines were charging me $250 to cancel. But when i said i knew for fact there was no charge, they replied they were charging it just to call the airline ! Hope they go bankrupt and the genuine companys that are playing fair profit in the long run. Never ever book with these thieves.

Minh Ngoc N.

Minh Ngoc N.asked

My E Ticket is 7383363515179, I will travel from 4/6/20 till 8/7/20 with VN772 but at the moment Australia won't allow anyone to go out of the country or vice versa. So can I postpone my flight without any cost because i was already change my ticket earliest from February to June due to Covid-19 pandemic. Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thanks

manpreet

manpreetasked

Hi there
BYO11622965 Is my booking reference no. , I’m trying call everyday regarding my parents ticket refund . Please update me

N Baldwin

They don’t refund and don’t bother assisting. My partner and I have been trying for four weeks and our flights were booked for last week. They are the most unhelpful company with appalling customer service

Pamela

Pamelaasked

Ref 11048327
Just received a credit for my flights which were canceled due to the coronavirus. There is no expiry date on the email

Get an answer from our members and BYOjet representatives