• Booking Process
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (29)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)
  • Vehicle Condition

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

CND work above and beyond to ensure all parties are taken care of

CND have never let me down once. They work tirelessly to ensure everything runs smoothly. Always checking that I am happy with outcomes and with my owner experience. If a driver lets me down by incurring a speeding fine, minor scrape or returns the car without fuel they attend to the issue immediately. Even providing financial compensation for the inconvenience.

Rowan -.

Rowan -.South East Queensland, QLD

Great use of a car that has spare time sitting on the street

What a great way for our local community to use a under utilised vehicle. Thankfully the community of users is a great bunch of like minded people who get it and respect the platform and other peoples property.

Jesse P.

Jesse P.

Car Next Door look after the Owner's of the Car's and make then fill good to be able to put there car's on for Rent. I like car next door.

Dawn

DawnSydney, NSW

Very Disappointed - USER BEWARE

Chnigy

ChnigyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One star is too high a rating for this scheme!

BUYER BEWARE-1 star is still too much

Vehicle TypeHyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

Overcharged and Refunds yet to be issued

Whilst the vehicle hire was excellent, I was overcharged more than $110 for the distance charge and was not reimbursed for the petrol that I put into the car. There is no dispute on the distance traveled or the petrol purchased, but after 2 weeks I am still waiting for a full refund.

Vehicle TypePeople mover

Ash

AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Listing car rejected with no reason, to why.

I signed up to get my car listed. I read all the conditions and complied with them before applying. Only to have application rejected and they emailed me with a lame excuse that they don't give a reason why. Totally unprofessional, and they should review their process to ensure transparency, yet I get phone calls from the company asking me that they want to list my car, hmmm

Not Happy

Not HappyPerth, WA

An absolute scam!!!!!

Absolutely dreadful organisation - I would never ever recommend them as the car I booked was not at all roadworthy - no window wipers to speak of, rear passenger window got stuck, bits of the car was practically falling off - took it back almost immediately and was not reimbursed the full amount - an absolute scam!!!!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Wrong accusations for damage not done by you.

Horrible Customer Service

I enlisted my car to be rented through Car Next Door. Having missed their call for installation, I returned their call the following day. Wait times are ridiculous, waited 22 mins after being told the wait time was 2 mins. Their Online Chat platform is useless, they are unable to answer questions and they just redirected me to requested a call back from the call center. They never called. I completely agree with other reviews on here and my biggest concern would be their ability as a company to followup and resolve any disputes. They obviously don't have enough staff to deal. Have decided not to use Car Next Door to rent my car. Thanks to other for reviews as I feel they have helped me avoid a big mistake.

Eugene H.

Eugene H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Posted 2 negative reviews for borrowers but CarNextDoor refused to publish them!

I am a car owner who is currently listing on Car Next Door. After 2 separate bookings, I gave negative reviews as one of the borrower returned my car filled with pet hairs whilst the other borrower returned the car very dirty externally with the car covered in dust. Despite my reviews being factual and courteous, CND decided not to publish my reviews. How are you suppose to keep your platform working with integrity and honesty if honest reviews from car owners are not published to warn other car owners???

Be aware, shocking company

After hiring a car with car next door they wrongly accused myself of incurring damage to the car.
The car was a 20 year old ute and there was a supposed dent put in the bumper of the car that would cost $250 to fix.
Car Next Door responded with a quotation of $1,400 (car wouldn't have been worth that) and have now registered the debt on my credit file.
There is no dispute process with Car Next Door, they are useless and couldn't care less.
The problem with their system is the cars are parked roadside and could incur damage from any passing cars however if you are the last person to rent the car they will blame you for the damage.
Be aware, stay clear!

Matthew

MatthewHunter Region, NSW

Great service. Great for the environment

Car Next Door is great! It is cost-effective, easy to use and convenient. Reducing my footprint is important for future generations... Car Next Door is a small way I can do that each week. Cheers, great service!

WALTER

WALTERSydney, NSW

Provided me car which was not road worthy

Tyres life was almost over , we were about to meet a fatal accident. I am wondering how car was allowed to rent when it was not fit to drive on the road . I spend for the tyre out of my pocket , however claim is not accepted yet . It’s very terrible experience with Car Next Door .
My humble request that don’t risk your family life by renting car from car next door

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Holly J.

Holly J.

Love the idea of car sharing but the staff were unhelpful

- Took ages to resolve a dispute
- Staff are generic and I felt condescended to
- No response to my complaints via email and social media
Left me feeling pretty disappointed - great concept but I wish this company had good customer service!

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely shocking

The process to verify took 3 days, with no reasoning on the delay. Two emails sent within one minute apart; one saying account has been approved but the booking is not available. Second one, saying $200 has been withdrawn from my account for the said booking. The customer service officer was awful and unfriendly. I will never use this service, especially after reading the other reviews.

Booking Process

Car next door; & sharing economy; 'all good'

From my experience this share platform works fine, as per the CarNextDoor web-site; meaning that if your car is 'under-utilized' ( it sits at home at times), then other people who have been screened by Carnextdoor can book & drive your car, and it's all done online.
Yes it works; my car in Melbourne has had ~120+ trips over 4 years, so this helps pay for 'standing costs' of the car. It gives access to a car to people who do not own one, and so supporting people to do what they want to do...
You do get used to 'booking' your own car for when you need it, that's a minor inconvenience.
I have found the CND team helpful & supportive, on the few times I've needed them.
Overall, well done to the Car next door team!

Chris P.

Chris P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Concerning

I just signed up as a Car Next Door customer however after having read many negative reviews here,particularly how the company takes hundreds of money out of your card (for alleged damaged) weeks after the rental has been completed, and refer you to debt collectors, I feel uncomfortable to rent a car. Responses provided by the company are very vague and generic and does a little to provide comfort to renters. I signed up thinking this is a great concept and now I'm scared to go near it.

MichaelCar Next Door

Give a timeframe for bookings

Really annoying when people on zero notice. I understand it is for convenience. But people should book ahead of time and if they choose not to then the owners should get paid more. It’s not enough to have to rush etc. My car doesn’t get rented often enough for it to be ready all the time

Yilmaz Izdes

Yilmaz Izdesasked

how can I generate lockbox code?

MichaelCar Next Door

Hi Yilmaz,

In the app, select the trip and tap on Get help > Generate lockbox code.
OR
In the Website, log in > Cars >Open lockbox > your lockbox code will be generated.

You can also contact us at https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/help_requests/new if you are having trouble or visit our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/

Cheers

simonasked

Ive been told that Car Next Door Owners have fleets of cars ( up to thirty) that they rent. So rather than living "next door" they live elsewhere and the cars take rare inner city parking spots. Given the rather high number of renters claiming that the vehicle they hired was damaged after it was returned, is it possible that frustrated residents are systematically damaging the cars? Don't you think the owners should actually live " next door" and sign out the car on hire and return to prevent disputes about damage and to prevent fleet owners abusing the concept?

Jaysee
Jaysee

I'm sorry Simon, I have no idea. I rented a van that was close to my daughter's apartment, that was my main criteria. I left it in a 2 hour parking zone, which the owner then went to to sort out the parking. I assume that means he lived very close to the drop off point. Living in an inner city area means you regularly can't actually park very near you home.

simon

Thanks Jaysee. No doubt some owners live locally and legitimately rent there car which is fine and a good idea. Also in this instance it would be possible to inspect the car with the owner so when you left you get no unpleasant surprises which a lot of renters seem to get when damage is attributed to them. My point was about people with multiple cars leveraging the concept to the detriment of locals. Additionally most hirers are told to leave the car in areas with no parking restrictions.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

How can I contact the damage team? I was promised a call back, and an email back and I have been hung up on and I still have no way to talk to anyone from the damage team. I have been told they don't have a phone number!? Please help!!

Get an answer from our members and Car Next Door representatives