Car Next Door
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Car Next Door

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aspiring multi-car owner

Relatively easy to rent out a car, fuel costs have impacted profits but should get better as these prices reduce. My pickup is in a public spot, so no interference at my home. I will be listing my second car soon and hopefully a third later this year. It is a good passive income, with little work except keeping the car clean and fueled. I have yet to rent a car myself.

Liz
Liz

Don't touch with a bargepole

Stephanie
StephanieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Basically Just A Scam

They charge you the same amount as you would pay at a normal hire car company's , the only difference is that your car with Car Next Door isn't clean or new. Heaps of hidden costs and charges. The car I hired didn't have proper working air-con and I was in DARWIN! They make things purposefully confusing and difficult to understand and navigate so that they can scam you. Customer service awful. Nothing was handled well.

Gionata M.
Gionata M.

Do not Hire from CarNextDoor. Outrageous Scam!

I hired a Van from CarNextDoor in March for moving some of my stuff from a place to another. In May the company contacted me because allegedly there was a scratch on a tail light. Listen well, a scratch on a tail light on a car that was far away to be new. They come out with a solution to charge 500$ on my credit card without any authorization.

The funny thing is that this scratch it's not been done by me, on the pictures it's not clear but it doesn't matter, you put your card detail and they can so whatever they want.

Outrageous, underwhelming and ridiculous. Stay away from this scammers, to have an extra car listed they obey to the scam owners.

Spread the word because I hope this will not happen to anyone else.

OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Absolute scam, beware.

tried to get us to pay for damaged we didn't do. Paid an invoice out of good faith, then they harrasses us for more, claiming damages that weren't there. Scammers!

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DO NOT HIRE THROUGH THIS COMPANY

Rejected my application HOURS BEFORE pick up.
Customer service is terrible - no communication. Appalling!!!!!
DO NOT HIRE WITH THIS COMPANY. Very dodgy, very poor.
Do not recommend to anyone unless you want to be screwed over.

Car Next Door TeamCar Next DoorSend a private message

Don't waste your time with this company

Spent half an hour signing up and then was refused and rejected as a client no reason given and no one responded to my in person request why? Company seems dodgy.

Cambahlambaa
Cambahlambaa

And that's mine and other reviewers response to your poor customer relations. Can't wait for you to go out of business with response like this.

financialwarfare
financialwarfare

absolute trash

I used once and will NEVER use them again.

There is not dedicated parking! They want to me find a parking spot Canberra CBD street myself before my 24 hours is up, and it was during business hour, there was absolute no parking at all within like 5 km of the address was I was suppose to return the car. And I was told that I am RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FINES if I don't park it in the right spot but there is not spot to park.

I was absolutely screwed and almost crashed the van in the busy Canberra CBD traffic.

Absolutely trash system.

Car Next Door TeamCar Next DoorSend a private message

You need to make a requirement that car lenders must have a dedicated parking spot! What kind of ridiculous system is that we lenders have to find a parking spot and responsible for fines

Jean Muller
Jean MullerHobart, TAS

Good service from an owners point of view

Have not yet rented myself but our vehicle has had plenty of renters. All have been easy and renters have been good and happy with both CND and us. Like the text notifications when booked

PauloSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible. Not helpful at all, Difficult to rent a vehicle, website poor, Options and service is very poor. When trying to sign up, Was told my application was not successful, tried calling and messaging to find out why? Just told that unfortunately they couldn't help me. Won't continue with this business.Wont recommend it to anyone.wasn't expecting this bad service at all. Terrible

Terrible customer service!

It states that accounts are opened in 3 hours, but after 3 days and long waits online, my account isnt yet approved. I wouldnt recommend using this service if you have to act fast, maybe the solution to the problem has became the problem?

Car Next Door TeamCar Next DoorSend a private message

We're really sorry to hear that your application isn't verified yet. We understand how frustrating this can be. Please PM us with your account details so we can look into this.

Ali
AliGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The absolute worst

First time and last time using 'car next door'. Nothing was easy about the process. The process was clunky and confusing and quite frankly so stressful. Definitely worth paying the extra money for a proper hire care. Maybe I was unlucky with the car I chose, but no way would I take the risk and try again. Car was dropped back at the home spot well before time and two days later I'm still waiting for my fuel refund amongst other refunded monies. The absolute worst.

Car Next Door TeamCar Next DoorSend a private message

Hi, Ali. Sorry to hear that you feel this way and that you're still waiting for your fuel refund. We'd love to be able to assist you regarding this. Kindly PM us your account details so we can look into this.

MacTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works for me!

My car sits in the driveway most days as I WFH. Money spent, just sitting there doing nothing, so CND pays the yearly costs of owning and running my car. I don’t bust a gut to get it rented out but I covered rego and insurance with just two bookings over the holidays! I’m also happy to provide my car as a service to someone else…especially if it means one less car on the road. If I finally decide to go car-free I’d absolutely use CND as a renter too.

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

Rubbish car and scam car owners careful

Thorsten  Albers
Thorsten Albers

Hi Thorsten,
We'd love to discuss this further with you if you can kindly send your details privately so we can look into it or send us an email at members@carnextdoor.com.au. Cheers.

Luke M.
Luke M.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer service

Rented a car through the app. Another driver crashed into me and I provided details and claim number. 4 emails regarding these details and no reply. They’re happy to take your money out of your account! They can’t even reply when they’re trying to take money out of your account, what’s the chances of getting your money back once they actually make a claim with the other drivers insurance. I removed money from my account so they couldn’t take the amounts, they started taking lesser amounts really crafty. Not my first dealing with their none existent customer care. I have spent over $10,000 through this app I deserve better!