Cathay Pacific Airways

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Frederick

Frederick

No fuss and prompt refund

Full marks and much appreciation for a prompt and full refund of our unused flights due to Covid 19 from Paris to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Sydney. We had a refund in our account just 12 days after we applied which was truly exceptional. So disappointed in our own airline Qantas from whom we are still waiting for a refund on a cancelled flight since first applying in March six months ago! We will definitely use Cathay Pacific in the future because of this experience and you certainly have won our admiration as customers. Thank You.

kingofduck

kingofduckSydney, NSW

Inhumane treatment to vulnerable passengers

DepartureBangkok, Thailand
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Do not book with these people

Do not book with these people. They are allowing you to book ahead with only a hope that you will be able to fly on that date. Two weeks out they cancel the flight (And they have not flown this route for months) and the only way that you can get your money back is a credit for the same flight at some unknow time in the future. It is a scam to lock you in.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Carrie C.

Carrie C.Sydney, NSW

Cathay Pacific - Amazing customer focused

In this time of Covid Cathay still so committed to customers by flying, even with limited passengers. Service and attention outstanding. My own national carrier, Qantas, can’t be bothered because not economically viable. With most Australian outside of Australia in HK and can’t get home with Qantas. Cathay I can continue to rely on.

DepartureHong Kong
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
Jutta

JuttaSydney, NSW

Refund due to covid no problem

Booked Sydney-Frankfurt-Sydney in business class in November2019 online for travel 25May, 2020. Trip cancelled due to covid in April 2020. I was told refund would take 30 days+, but full refund was back in my credit card 7days later. Very pleasant surprise.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
RogetDodger

RogetDodgerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great airline. Refund no problem.

Cancelled trip to Europe from Australia due to covid. Full refund was given. Took quite a few weeks (about 8 weeks) but do you really expect any company to process this amount of refunds in a week or two. Love flying them and will do when all this settles.

DestinationParis, France

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Last time I'll ever fly Cathay

1.terrible check-in at Mumbai airport..
2.flight crew unfriendly and unhelpful
3.no soap in business bathroom after one hour of flying .
Worst Business flight ever... and I travel several times per year, on business

DepartureMumbai, Maharashtra, India
joezz

joezzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience changing flight date

DepartureNanjing, Jiangsu, China
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
Disillusioned

DisillusionedSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Service

We booked directly with Cathay Pacific for flights to Europe in April this year but were forced to cancel due to the pandemic. Cathay Pacific refunded our money within 3 weeks and charged no cancellation fee.

PDoz

PDoz

8 weeks for refund...

We have had to cancel flights to Europe and completed the online form. The email stated within 7 days refund to credit card. 3 weeks later after calling and Twitter DM I have now been advised it may be up to another eight weeks. I know the airlines are having a tough time but they are still operating and this is not an acceptable practice. I have no flights and they have my $5k+ for a few more weeks yet. Unacceptable, we will not use them as an airline in future.

Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

Refund Liar

CX cancelled my flight for Tokyo to Hong Kong due to the Coronavirus. And they promised me that I will get my refund through PayPal in 7 working days. And now, over 10 working days have past ....am still waiting. After being waited on the phone for almost 2 hours, eventually got through to them and now said I have to wait for 7 weeks for my refund. Such a liar.

Launched a complaint with PayPal and surely PayPal can help me to get my funds back much quicker.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationTokyo, Japan
Rambo

RamboSydney, NSW

Excellent Service in COVID-19 Circumstances

We were booked with Cathay to fly to Switzerland via Hong Kong and return to Australia with Cathay from Dublin via Hong Kong in May 2020. Cathay cancelled the Dublin to Hong Kong leg due to Operational and Commercial reasons. Lack of bookings. Cathay offered to reroute our trip with partner airlines at their expense or refund all the legs which have not been taken ie the whole trip without Cancellation fees. I will fly with Cathay again as the whole Cancellation process has been efficiently and very Courteously handled.

BookingThrough Airline

Horrible terrible service, never try it.

They are not responsible for their service, didn't let us to board because we had 1 hour connections in Hong Kong. They said you need to have a VISA for that.
During purchasing the tickets, we filled up the nationality information but just before check in they remembered need a VISA. They are so bad, never try them, won't be helpful at all.

DestinationSeúl, South Korea
Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Trash airline deadset go with anyone else

Frequent business class passenger, their staff never disappoints in being the most useless, rude and highly untrained staff I have ever seen. Their customer service skills are non existent and it always seems as though they have an attitude of hate against you. If a cathay pacific manager is reading this you really need to look how to properly train your staff internally (maybe look at how the ritz carlton train their staff for a good guideline). I’m now moving to emirates.

DepartureBrussels, Belgium
Nic

Nic

Buyer beware

Due to the fact that Italy have banned flights to and from HK, we have had to cancel our flights. We were happy to forego any applicable fees and the refund idue s in the vicinity of $10,000.

We were advised that it would take 7 days for a refund. A week later I receive and email stating it could take 6 weeks. This means we will find it difficult to source a flight elsewhere as we need this money to book with another carrier.

This is very poor service. How is it that when you book flights they take the money straight away yet, when you have to cancel through absolutely no fault of your own they state they can’t refund you for 6 weeks? Completely unacceptable and I would steer clear of the airline on this basis.

Roshan

RoshanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Customer Reception and Service

My mom was a first time traveller and needed assistance. Had requested for assistance, and when asked for procedure, the guy in the service reception - "Rahul", was not very friendly and looked annoyed when asked for simple question. When asked about the process, he said "we have a system, she will be greeted at her seat. Which was not the case, nobody attended my mom at her seat and she was lost in hong kong airport with no way to communicate and then missed the flight. Utter irresponsible.

DestinationKathmandu, Nepal
Seasoned Traveller

Seasoned Traveller

Awesome holidays

We travelled for the first time on Cathay from BNE to NY and SFO to BNE return. The flight crew were throughly professional. Catered for our vegetarian meal request. Lots of leg room, wide selection of movies for family. Kids loved it. For a change the journey was equally enjoyable as the destination. Stop over and connection at HKG was seamless and efficient. Love to fly again with Cathay in future.

DestinationNew York, NY, USA
Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth it

- lost luggage. When i inquired about it they said it was just left at the loading area for no apparent reason. Unbelievable!!
- ran out of meals
The staff at check-in MelBourne were rude. On the flight back we were told that there were no meals for us & nothing else to offer. I wonder if 1st, Business & Premium E had the same problem.....For the price I paid for my ticket it was definitely THE WORST airline experience ever!

DestinationAmsterdam, Netherlands
Colin

ColinPerth, WA

The Rudest Staff

I travel overseas twice a year. Cathay Pacific is the airline company who's given me the worst impression so far. Last time when I booked my flights with them online, I chose vegetarian meals. But when I was about to go aboard, the crew blamed me that I didn't tell the counter that I required vegetarian meals and asked me to buy my own meals from the airport. I was horrified from what I heard. Plus, the staff really don't like to smile.

DeparturePerth 西澳大利亞州澳洲
DestinationTaipei, 台灣
ATen67

ATen67

worst customer service

I booked a return trip 6 months ago for an important event.Cathy cancelled the original return flight and advanced my return date.I missed the most important day of the trip.They never informed this change earlier once I requested a return a day later instead which they had available ticket on their web site for long time.They refused because they wanted to sell those ticket for higher prizes.What about customer needs?This was an involuntary change done by airline doing so they increased my transit from 4 hours to 36 hours.Eventually they gave me short transit after repetitive requests but I missed whole purpose of the trip.I have travelled a lot but no other airline has done this to us except cathay.

DestinationColombo, Sri Lanka

Qiuling Hong

Qiuling Hongasked

Can a Chinese citizen flying from Australia to Nanning transit through Hong Kong airport in early August flying on Cathay?
Thanks Qiuling Hong

Use different airline

Rosieasked

Our travel agent has just booked us with this airline for a trip from Australia to Europe next year. After reading these reviews I am dreading the flights. Has Cathay Pacific got any redeeming features?
We are traveling premium economy but by these reviews the manners of the staff are anything but premium.
We are still to lock in our flights so should we be considering another airline?
Kind of looking forward to replies!
Cheers Rosie

KAYBEE
KAYBEE

Hi Rosie. I flew Cathay Pacific (Economy Class) Melb to Barcelona a few months ago, not having flown with them before.
While there was nothing particularly wrong with the service I have to say cabin staff did not seem to go out of their way as much as other airlines I've flown. Staff were polite enough, but I was only ever offered one drink and then meals were served. Once meals had been eaten and cleared away I have to say that cabin staff were very scarce.
I'd hope your experience in Premium Economy might be a little better.
As I said, nothing particularly bad about them, but for the price I paid for my flight I would probably hesitate to fly with them again in future.

Rosie

Thank you Kayne for this info. Our agent is looking at other airlines for us now so we will see what comes of that.

Capnbazza
Capnbazza

We flew Perth to Vancouver and new York to Perth with Cathay in Premium Economy.No real complaints to whinge about. Found the seats comfortable, enough for me to sleep several hours in. Very safe airline ro fly with but I must concur with Kaybee. Staff were no existent for most of the time. We have flown before to Europe with them but are looking for another airline for next year to Europe as we believe service can be better on alternative airlines.

Deepti ..

Deepti ..asked

Hi, I will be travelling from Melbourne to New Delhi via Cathay Pacific and the connection time between Hongkong to Delhi is 13Hr, I just want to confirm few things:
Can I go out in that time period and roam in Hongkong in a day?
Being travelling on Indian Passport, do I need to apply a visa in advance or I can get it on arrival? because it's transit?
However my final destination will be New Delhi and layover in Hongkong will be for 13 Hr or so, where will i get my luggage? directly in New Delhi or should I have do it all over again in Hongkong?
Please guide, I shall be obliged.

Sushanth S.
Sushanth S.

Hi Deepti I went to HongKong last year on an Indian passport, you will get visa on arrival but still have to apply for Pre-Arrival registration form online from their website which costs around 25$ or something not sure of the exact price now. You also need to carry the final hard copy of this form at the airport as they might not accept the soft copy if you just show it on your phone