Childcare Mason Crib

Childcare Mason Crib

Nail sticking out

We purchased this for our new born daughter it served its purpose was good to have her close to our bed as it's a compact no fuss bassinet. However around 3 months into use we noticed a small nail head had started to poke out on one of the side railings. Upon returning to bassinet to target we noticed to one on display also had the same nail starting to protrude. Seemed like a good little bassinet at guitar however the more the nail started to protrude to sharper it got making this a potential hazard if you don't realise its there.

Excellent SIDS Safe Crib/Bassinet

I looked at all sorts of bassinets, cribs, side sleepers, co-sleepers etc etc over a variety of price ranges. Simpler is better for the newborn days, this was for my second baby - with my first I made the mistake of spending too much money for overcomplicated contraptions that were impossible to use at 3am. This bassinet is wonderful - it has mesh sides so they can breathe if their face was to get wedged in the side (hasn't happened to us at all), and it's nice and sturdy. Unlike the other reviewers I am glad it's not on wheels, I have a 3.5 year old and that would be a disaster! It has stood up to the 3.5 year old leaning on it and climbing on it and it hasn't tipped over. I have it right up against my bed at night so I can see and hear the baby really easily.

The absolute best best best thing about this crib though, is that because the bassinet part is suspended from the sides, it means you can rock it. And not only that, you can rock it gently with your foot sticking out of the bed at 3am so you don't have to get up. I've gotten the baby back to sleep many times this way over the last few months! Sadly at almost 4 months, it's time for bubba to move onto a cot - but I can't recommend this highly enough. It's well priced, SIDS safe, the baby sleeps in it, and you can rock it. Of all the baby stuff I own, this is one of the best.