MPN: GA3A00414A09

See the Best Networked Media Players in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Works perfectly

Bought one to use with my kayo subscription, have not had a single issue for the whole football season, very happy with the product, picture is good and never buffers

Purchased in February 2019 for $99.00.

Great device and well priced

We purchased our Chrome cast from Myer, which was recommended as we didn’t have a smart tv. It’s been fantastic we can stream our favourite movies. The device was easy to install as well. Great product and well priced.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $59.00.

Easy to setup and use with Iphone

I bought this from JB Hi Fi and connected to my new Samsung Smart TV.

This particular TV doesn't really need any more features, but the chromecast works perfectly with apps such as Kayo Sports and Apple TV. This TV without chromecast will not allow me to use Kayo. So Chromecast can still add value to an otherwise new and highly featured TV.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $59.00.

Best Birthday Present Ever!

The Google Chromecast has changed the way we watch TV. We can stream all our favourite TV shows and movies simply and easily from the couch using our phones. Perfect!

Does exactly what we wanted for an excellent price!

We recently purchased our chrome cast as the TV we have in our bedroom isn't the smartest smart TV so we weren't getting the most out of it. Chromecast has definitely filled the void for us. Setup was so easy and it's easy to use! No missing remotes as it's connected through your phone. We researched different streaming devices and this one is by far the best for the price tag!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $59.99.

Can't live without device

Great device to assist in streaming either from websites, hard drives, or streaming video apps. Extremely easy to set-up its almost plug and play, you might need some minor editing of your router config if you have basic security in place. Can't recommend it enough, it's a must have.

Purchased in May 2017 for $49.00.

Best thing ever

Just purchased Google Chromecast and absolutely love it. I already have Google home and have just purchased Chromecast for my bedroom. Downloaded the app for my phone which now works as a remote control. So easy to use and loving the compact design which stays out of view.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Great device!
Works well without any issues.
I went with Ultra because it has ethernet port unlike the normal google casting device.
As WIFI can be really annoying sometime.
Wish if its bit cheaper but we can't control prices.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Convenient. In theory.

The stupid thing has complicated every attempt to relax and unwind It doesn't do something as simple as connect to your phone via bluetooth. You need both a device connected to the net AND a seperate wifi source. Too. Damn. Complicated. If you try to connect it to the hotspot of your phone you're watching over, you will not see it. Yet that is the most common thing someone might want. Why? So that google can ensure that your proxy is blocked so that your privacy is compromised.

I had high hopes for this. Enough with the high ratings, this is a 2 star product at best, you're better off setting a cheap laptops next your your tv. Google; You heartless, greedy, corporate monster. This is not good enough, you have money, do better.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $160.00.

Cannot live without it!

This is simply the best little gadget ever. Bought one for the bedroom television and within a day I bought two more! Can stream anything, simple and easy. Best purchase ever.

Purchased in September 2018.

Google Chrome

Purchased the Google chrome as I wasn't able to get 7plus or 9now working direct from my tv.
Im not very tech savvy but this was simple to set up. Plugged it into the device into the tv, downloaded google home app on my mobile and followed the prompts for set up and it worked perfectly.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB HI FI.

Simple and easy to connect, where have I heard this before???

Try and connect to a PC, an hour later and the lack of instructions and its still a piece of worthless junk. Works on mobile and laptop - very easy installation, I just get sick and tired of companies advertising something that simply doesn't work. The PC cannot download Google Home so its a case of find and seek and this is just crap

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Chromecast Ultra Just Great

I looked into upgrading my TV and make it like a smart TV. The Chromecast ultra was the was great, the price was great $78. Very easy to set up, really just plug in and go, watch YouTube, Netflix etc use you phone or tab as the remote! I got the ultra because it also comes with internet connection as well as WiFi.

Simple and reasonably priced streaming option

It was pretty straight forward and simple to set up. We just plugged it into the tv's HDMI port and into power and then followed the prompts to get the Google home app for the phone. It’s just a matter then of finding the apps we wanted to have ‘cast’ to the tv. Whilst it all works pretty well, I do miss having a dedicated remote. It’s a nuisance having to unlock my phone and find the app to pause the program or to turn up the volume. There is a widget that is supposed to be available on the home screen but that doesn’t always work. However, for the price, I shouldn’t complain and it does everything it’s supposed to.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Takes 10 minutes to start each time + few media types work

It's hardly worth using because it never gets detected properly by the TV.
It also plays very few media types directly from your phone/tablet. 70% of the time I get 'can't play this format'.
_______________________________________
To start it you have to try a magical combination of:
- unplugging the power
- unplugging from HDMI
- both
- rebooting
and hope that it works.
It's a painful experience.
Also, why didn't G provide an off-switch so I don't have to unplug it to avoid it possibly overheating?
Shameful low quality.
(TV: Sharp LC42d85x)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Bit costly but worth it

I bought Chromecast ultra from officeworks for 88$. While a bit more expensive, this is far better than chromecast 1

1. Easy setup
2. 4K support. Hope to see more 4K medias other than Netflix
3. Wired Ethernet
4. Seamless integration with IOS and Android applications
5. Surround sound system support

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great 4K media player!

Have been waiting to get this and finally turned up today. What a great device, now with my Google Home and the Chromecast Ultra I will be unstoppable. This is an improvement on the original Chromecast being that it supports 4K tv, which I have. The Chromecast Ultra is so easy to setup and the picture it gives while streaming 4K is superb, not much dearer than the standard Chromecast it is well worth the extra dollars.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Keeps getting better

I owned the version 1 of Chromecast. While a bit more expensive, this is far better
- Easy setup
- 4K support. Hope to see more 4K medias other than Netflix
- Wired Ethernet
- Seamless integration with IOS and Android applications

Just remember that this is not a standalone device and always needs your phone/table/PC.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Loving the new Chromecast Ultra!

I've had Chromecast devices since they were first released, and this is definitely the best yet. Setup is so simple with the Google Home smartphone app. Brilliant 4K display - everything is so sharp. It's simple to play Google Play Music, YouTube, Netflix, Stan etc. with one tap. 10/10, would recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017