VerifiedMPN:W1201160

100% · 120%

Safety

N.A.
N.A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Cig replaced my mig with a new one and it’s still working perfectly

Cig where very helpful and professional in the process of getting a new mig Show details ·  1
Seth N.
Seth N.Perth, WA

Easy to set up and weld straight out of the box

Easy to use and get started. Great for a beginner or DIYer at home. Show details ·  1
Lex NEWMAN3 posts

its been over 40 years ,used a a stick /oil cooled and a bucket of water on the line to keep it cool

so so easy to use ,I taught my wife today to use it , its going to be first in gets to use it Show details ·  1
Mother
MotherSydney, NSW

Great performer

True to advertising, easy setup and great weld finish. set for 3mm and gave full penetration with no under cut and good blend into parent metal, replaces CIG Autopak 150 (large bulky machine) and has more power to boot. Note: Autopak was purchased in 1982 and still works well. Show details ·  1
Matt
MattSouthern and Hills, SA

Easyweld 160

Very easy to use no issues at all and a 10 amp plu Show details ·  1
Safety
Nigel C.
Nigel C.

Awesome welder best choice

Unbelievable welder the results are excellent, the weld quality, the set up is very easy and can be adjusted if required , perfect for my projects Show details ·  1
Mick J.
Mick J.Central West, NSW5 posts

Awesome Mig

Used for the 1st time today and dont know how I ever persisted with my old Gas/Gasless Mig. You can feel the power in this welder and welds are smooth and strong without mucking around with settings. Just set wire thickness and material thickness and its all preset after that. I seriously highly recommend this product. My projects just got so much easier and neater. I love it! ☆☆☆☆☆ Show details ·  1
Greg
GregCentral West, NSW3 posts

Very easy to use

The easyweld 160 is really easy to use straight out of the box.
I purchase it to weld a horse round yard consisting of 40 x 40 x 2.5 posts and 30 x 50 x 2 rails all lightly galvanised. The easyweld does it so easily. I have used welders many years ago but this new welder makes welding so easy that I believe someone with no previous experience could use it and obtain satisfactory results. Also the cigweld helmet is great to use as previously I had a great deal of difficulty seeing through my old helmet due to wearing glasses.
Thank you Cigweld!!! Show details ·  1
Craig
CraigPilbara, WA2 posts

Nice small compact unit

Good kit my 2nd cigweld mig last one was over 15yrs old and is still running fine not as portable as the easy weld 160 bonus that you can use it for mug and stick welding Show details ·  1
David
David

Why didn't I buy this years ago

I had been using an arc stick welder that I brought about 45 years ago. I wanted to get a Mig with gas.
After a lot of discussion I ended up with a gasless 160 Mig/ stick welder. Right from the first time trying the arc and Mig I was blown away, absolutely incredible. I was told by others that the gasless Mig splatters a lot. That is total rubbish, it is less than the old arc and easy clean up. I love both Mig and Arc. Awesome penetration and weld appearance. I brought the power package and love the auto darkening. Show details ·  1
Gary G
Gary GCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great mig and stick welder

I purchased one today from total tools.
Tested both mig gas and gas less and stick welding on 5mm steel and to be honest it welds fantastic and very basic to use for any skill from beginners to advanced.
I upgraded from my little cigweld 130 that was a bit old and I wanted something with a bit more punch that can handle thicker steel and I’m blown away with it. I use a big welder for at work so this is still a down grade from what I use regularly but for home I’m pumped with it. Very crisp welds and far superior from the 130amp. I’d even consider it for trade use to be honest.
Best part of this is everything is replaceable.
If you are considering one I’d have no hesitation in recommending it. Show details ·  1
Pauly's Reviews
Pauly's ReviewsMid North Coast, NSW12 posts

Great product

I’ve only ever used a stick. This took 5 minutes to set up and I was away. It takes the guesswork out. Perfect for any welding job around the farm or house. Show details ·  1

Can I set the 160 easy weld up for tig welding

Cigweld
Cigweld   DM

Hey Gary, The EasyWeld 160 is a MIG/Stick welder only, so unfortunately you cannot TIG weld with it. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Gary S.

All ready have works great

Can I use .9mm solid wire in the w1201160 mig welder. It only states .8mm

Lex NEWMAN

A mate I have used 9mm in mine no problems at all and have another roll when I need it

Mal Smith

Thank you for your responce, Did you have to get another set of drive rollers or only use .8 drives supplyed

Cigweld
Cigweld   DM
Shocked
Shocked

I have had a handyweld 160 for approx 12 months. I got it for the mig and have recently had a go at the stick to see what is is like on the 160. My background is stick so I am very very farmiliar with the process. When I try to strike the arc it fires up no problem but after a short uninterupted length of weld it wont strike again no matter what I do, it is although it is over heating and wont run again until cooler, usually maybe 1 minute. I cannot understand what is going on and it is consequently unusable. I am only using 2.5mm satincraft at 90 amps.

CategoryWelders & Soldering Irons