Close Comfort PC9+

Close Comfort PC9+

Portable Air Conditioners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of portable air conditioner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
GS NT

GS NTDarwin, NT

Rubbish product

Purchased in March 2020 for A$759.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom
RobH

RobHPerth, WA

Can't get through Perth summer nights without it!

I have the newer model. Great little unit, refrigerated low power 300W unit so I am happy to run it all night and it hardly costs anything. I tend to set it at 22 degrees on low fan and run for 4-5 hours until 3am when it starts getting cooler anyway. It has a directional hood on it to direct the cool air. I point it just away from me because it is too cold for me if I point it at my face. Has a water catcher but doesn't seem to collect any water. I am sensitive to noise but it is fairly quiet and offers 'white noise' to block out other sounds.

I highly recommend this unit.

Purchased at 18 Stirling Highway Nedlands WA for A$660.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Joy RPerth, WA

Perfect! In every sense.

I am very impressed with this little unit because it isn't noisy, no terrible attachments to hang out of windows and it's very simple to use. I am a pensioner, so didn't want to run up a huge electricy bill. Most importantly, it does everything that was promised. Service and delivery from staff was excellent too. Much better than any other portable air conditioner I have used.

Purchased in November 2017.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Joy R

Thank you James! Just loving my unit in this heat wave right now in Perth! Wonderful product.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Close Comfort PC9+ compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

kyteflyerHunter Region, NSW

Most excellent invention

Purchased in October 2018 for A$649.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
James J.Close Comfort
kyteflyer

I thought about the bed tent, and then remembered that all cats have OCD and are autistic. You can't change *anything* without ructions. He would never cope with a bed tent. TBH nor would I. Its great just as it is.

WillD

WillDPerth, WA

Best option for low cost, mobile air conditioning for 1 or 2 people

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Josh

JoshGold Coast

Well executed

Very nice to have a low energy cost aircon for the summer, plenty of piece of mind knowing you can turn it on and not spend bucket loads. An energy consumption plug is a great addition as you get even more piece of mind, I spent more on the $20 energy monitor than power in the last two months!

Know that this is a personal air conditioner, and won't be adequate for two people unless you use the igloo tent. This fit my use case and I'm very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rana A.

Rana A.asked

Hi I have a question I live near an open drain which causes corrosion of split ac coils in a season or two and we need repairing and gas refilling every year. How does close comfort perform in such areas. Is it a better option?

Eshalasked

I Live in a humid area where the humidity can go up to 73%. Would the cooler be efficient in my home?

James T.Close Comfort

Hi Eshal, yes our units work very well in humid conditions. We also operate in countries like Singapore and Indonesia, where humidity is a daily constant. In fact, the inventor and founder of Close Comfort originally came up with the idea for the unit while struggling through 41C temperatures at night in Pakistan.

If the temperature inside your bedroom regularly exceeds 28C at night, our Igloo bed tent provides extra cooling to keep you comfortable, and also provides chemical-free mosquito protection. The Igloo tent also reduces the air conditioner power consumption to about 180 Watts on average, a valuable saving for off-grid battery installations, plus can further reduce the apparent temperature down to just 12C. The Igloo bed tent can also provide an ideal place for a baby or small child to be cool and comfortable during the day time.

Noted. Thank you!

punditji

punditjiasked

How much warranty does it have ?

Hi Punditji,

Our products comes with a 2 year warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Close Comfort representatives