2Coles Smart Buy Original Dishwashing Machine Powder

3.8

55%27%18%

Robert John
Robert JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC123 posts

Do not use. Will blow up your dishwasher

Do not use this product under any circumstances as it will form brown sludge and block your whole dishwasher. I used it once and had to run 3 cleaners on my dishwasher to remove the brown residue/sludge it created. My machine spilled brown water out of it after using this product. The packaging has changed from white to blue now. Don't buy it to save yourself $1.80. I use Aldi logix powder only now and have amazing results without damage to my dishwasher.

Pat
PatAdelaide

Cleans well. Stains the metal

I have bought Coles Dishwashing powder twice in a row due to being extremely cheap and cleans relative well. It has however, over the time, stained the stainless steel cutlery and other metal items such and chopping knives, pots and pans. God knows what it has done to my dishwasher.

ViancaB
ViancaBMelbourne7 posts

Better than tablets

This dishwashing powder dissolves well compared to tablets. No residue on my dishwasher so far and leaves a clean smell too. Just clean the dishwasher regularly to make sure no residue is left behind if there's any but I haven't seen them clumping inside yet. And the price is a winner no doubt about it.

amyy90
amyy90Perth, WA6 posts

As good as Finish and better than the rest

Wouldn't know the difference between this and using finish. Make sure your rinse aid is topped up and no problems. Tablets are crap, sometimes dont dissolve properly... Dishwashing can be such a rip off and its... dishwashing powder? ha!

Fritznsauce
FritznsauceAdelaide32 posts

Great Value for Money

I have used this dishwashing powder for some time now. It washes the dishes including pots and pans well and I can't see any noticeable difference compared to the expensive tablets. I give anything that looks really baked on hard a bit of a scrub by hand, which is what I used to do when using the tablets as well. I have not noticed any dissolving issues. The dispenser must be dry otherwise some powder may stick in a clump and remain in the dispenser. Our dishwasher is a Bosch and I descale it periodically with a product called Scalex Plus. I would recommend this dishwashing powder to anyone, it is very cheap and I can't tell the difference compared to the expensive tablets.

julie45
julie45AU

Would'nt buy product again

I found this powder left so much residue in my dishwasher and through all the working parts of the dishwasher that I was concerned about the long time use of it wrecking my dishwasher. Also it didn't dissolve very well it is much finer than most powders I would not buy again.
Cheap
tamikacyrus
tamikacyrusAU6 posts

Great value, great product

I was reluctant to buy this, but did not want to pay another 15 dollars for a months worth of tablets.. So went ahead with the purchase and definitely would recommend other to buy it. Works far better than any other brand I have bought.. Everytime! Dishes are sparkling :)
CHEAP! Works excellent!
Not sure of the actual chemicals? Maybe coles could add the chemicals, so we know what we are dealing with. Show reply
manofdahouse
manofdahouse30 posts

Iam happy with this product i buy it regularly it performs well and no diffrent from the other brands i have tried, i will stick with this powder until coles will no longer stock it.
Cheap for $2 a box it cleans the dishes brillantly
Have to always use the pots cycle for a extra hotter wash to dissolve the powder.
ejo81
ejo814 posts

To be honest I always wash my dishes on the pots/hot cycle as anything less than this has been proven not to kill bacteria so this product works brilliantly under these circumstances. I love it....my dishes come out sparkiling clean and I have nothing to complain about.
Cheap and effective
none that I can think of
Jillpullen
Jillpullen84 posts

Ordinary washing powder

I find this dishwashing powder to be ordinary. It is packaged in a boring looking box which has a very weak opening for pouring the powder out into the machine. Having said that it is cost effective at around $3.00 for 1kg and it is available at all coles supermarkets.

Overall this is a very basic washing powder that is cost effective. It does clean the dishes well, but I sometimes find that the powder doesn't dissolve too well and can clump in the powder dispenser. If you are on a budget then gives this powder a go.
cost effective
the powder doesn't dissolve too well

simm_mee
simm_meevic, 3020261 posts

OK

a run of the mill washing powder that is cost effective for a low price. inst my favourite powder but it will wash your dishes each time without concerns
i find this dishwashing powder to be very run of the mill...is packeted in a paper box which doesnt necessarily resisit moisture from under sink area and it has a flimsy opening for pouring the powder out. is cost effective at around $2.99 for 1kg though and is readily available at coles supermarkets
the powder can get a little stuck if it becomes wet and the spout opening for pouring can be difficult to use over time., is only available at coles