4.3

73%27%0%

3.4
4.4
Brand Manager for Big W? Claim your listing.

Barry B.
Barry B.North Queensland, QLD

The lid handle lets it down water gets caught under it when washing etc

The lid handle lets it down water gets caught under it when washing etc.. should be solid to stop this, this has been going on for years with alot of cooking pots , but no changes, 'go figure" Show details
Yoshi
YoshiCentral Queensland, QLD60 posts

Can't complain for $49

I bought this unit in February 2020 and now in June of 2022 it's still working perfectly fine for a $49 cooker. Does what it's intended for with ease and I take it in the campervan too as it only uses 400w. Like anything contempo labelled you do get poorly made units but I've never had an issue returning anything to bigw for replacement or refund Show details
Jane
JaneSydney, NSW4 posts

You get what you paid for

This is on the budget end of slow cookers so performance is ok. Option of 3 settings; low/ high/warm ( to keep food warm)
Pros:
Had for about 3 years and still going strong. We use at least once a week
Solid inner dish - doesn't scratch
Affordable price
Good size - fits a roast chicken comfortably
Cons:
The low setting is hotter than would expect, we've had to adjust cooking times from recipes as they were overcooked
Hard to clean - never owned any other slow cookers so not sure if this is just a slow cooker issue ( I find I have to use a wire brush to get everything off)
If you want something cheap that gets the job done this will work for you Show details
Ines17Sydney24 posts

Not as good as I thought - Lid is not close fitting

After seeing the great reviews that have been posted, I bought a Contempo slow cooker. The price was excellent - on sale for $12. But I am going to take mine back because the lid is not close fitting. I don't know whether mine is defective or all the Contempo slow cookers are like this. But I do know that my last slow cooker (Aldi brand) had quite a close fitting lid and there was little evaporation. Super disappointed because I thought I had grabbed a real bargain. Show details
Braithy
BraithyAU8 posts

Becsta80South East Queensland, QLD20 posts

Budget meat falls apart on your fork!

Bought for $22 from Big W as our stove/oven blew up and we can not afford to replace. Bought this to help cook up meat. I have never used one before and have to say I am converted. Decent size for our little family (4), easy to clean (but the actual pot is a little heavy and bulky - unsure of all are like this), easy to understand booklet, as recommended by the lady in Big W put the meat on Low for 8 hours and you will have the best tasting meat...and she was right. This would be great for any family on a budget and budget conscious as it turns your basic cuts of meat into the best.

Highly recommend and super easy to use.

KRR
KRRAU14 posts

Really good for the price you pay

They’re selling for $22 at the moment and for what you pay it is definitly worth it. I’ve had mine for over a year now and have ya don problems and it cooks what I need it to in the normal amount of time. I recommend highly and have bought for family members because I like it so much

MW84
MW84Coolum6 posts

Slow cooker

Great slow cooker, very easy to use and very cheap from big w. I use it every week to cook a meal. For only $22 why not try one, great value for money. Easy to use booklet. Easy to clean, great size for my family to use. Thanks contempo. 1

Yarra Man
Yarra ManWide Bay-Burnett, QLD8 posts

Cheap but functional, very happy with it

We bought this unit as it was a larger one than the small one we had. We realised perhaps we should have bought an even larger one but overall it is good. It is easy to clean and thusfar proved reliable, given everything is made in China anyway, even the brand named stuff.

Bec W
Bec WMelbourne10 posts

Great Value

This is a great value for ($22) that I picked up from Big W. I had never used a slow cooker before but it is so easy to throw everything in before work and have dinner ready when you get home. Definitely worth buying if you don't have time to cook every night.

J Fern
J FernSouth East Queensland, QLD24 posts

Perfect Basic Slow Cooker

I have recently been involved in a cooking group catering for a large construction crew and bought this slow cooker to help with cooking large amounts of curry, casseroles and soup. This slow cooker cost $22. I have seen the exact same cooker for double that price. It has low, high and warm settings. The lid fits well. It is easy to clean. Food cooks beautifully. The only option it doesn't have that may be useful is a timer but as I am home during the day I am ok with manually adjusting the heat setting. I love this slow cooker and am very happy with the teeny price I paid!