Contempo SCO55W

Contempo SCO55W

Braithy

BraithyAU

Cheap and.... awesome!

A review on CHOICE that gave it a big thumbs up based on its price and cookability coerced me into buying one of these slow cookers. I have used plenty of others in the past but was reserved given its price. I cook traditional slow cooker meals from casseroles to soups to roasts and curries and I haven't been able to discern any quality deviation from previous more expensive slow cookers I have used. I have since bought friends and family these for their birthdays - for once this is a case of why pay loads for a perfectly good product. The internal cookpot seems no different to others and I have also interchanged with a Westinghouse cookpot that fits. Highly impressed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $25.00.

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad

Becsta80South East Queensland, QLD

Budget meat falls apart on your fork!

Bought for $22 from Big W as our stove/oven blew up and we can not afford to replace. Bought this to help cook up meat. I have never used one before and have to say I am converted. Decent size for our little family (4), easy to clean (but the actual pot is a little heavy and bulky - unsure of all are like this), easy to understand booklet, as recommended by the lady in Big W put the meat on Low for 8 hours and you will have the best tasting meat...and she was right. This would be great for any family on a budget and budget conscious as it turns your basic cuts of meat into the best.
Highly recommend and super easy to use.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
KRR

KRRAU

Really good for the price you pay

They’re selling for $22 at the moment and for what you pay it is definitly worth it. I’ve had mine for over a year now and have ya don problems and it cooks what I need it to in the normal amount of time. I recommend highly and have bought for family members because I like it so much

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Slow Cookers

Find out how Contempo SCO55W compares to other Slow Cookers

MW84

MW84Coolum

Slow cooker

Great slow cooker, very easy to use and very cheap from big w. I use it every week to cook a meal. For only $22 why not try one, great value for money. Easy to use booklet. Easy to clean, great size for my family to use. Thanks contempo. 1

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Yarra Man

Yarra ManWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Cheap but functional, very happy with it.

We bought this unit as it was a larger one than the small one we had. We realised perhaps we should have bought an even larger one but overall it is good. It is easy to clean and thusfar proved reliable, given everything is made in China anyway, even the brand named stuff.

Bec W

Bec WMelbourne

Great Value

This is a great value for ($22) that I picked up from Big W. I had never used a slow cooker before but it is so easy to throw everything in before work and have dinner ready when you get home. Definitely worth buying if you don't have time to cook every night.

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
J Fern

J FernSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Basic Slow Cooker

I have recently been involved in a cooking group catering for a large construction crew and bought this slow cooker to help with cooking large amounts of curry, casseroles and soup. This slow cooker cost $22. I have seen the exact same cooker for double that price. It has low, high and warm settings. The lid fits well. It is easy to clean. Food cooks beautifully. The only option it doesn't have that may be useful is a timer but as I am home during the day I am ok with manually adjusting the heat setting. I love this slow cooker and am very happy with the teeny price I paid!

Jessasked

i brought this slow cooker the other day and followed the instructions to wash it (the pot bit) and then to put it on high for the 30 minutes, it let out this odd smell. did anyone else get this smell? I am cooking now on low and there is none of that smell.

Janet

Janetasked

Should it get so hot? My meal was burning after an hour on high, (recipe was for four hours on high) and yes, as reviewer above mentioned, it it is super hot to touch. My old cooker behaved very differently. Have I bought a lemon?

Becsta80

Hi, I have only used the slow cooker on low so I cannot comment about cooking on high I am sorry.

BEll

BEllasked

Should the outside of the slow cooker be scorching hot whilst cooking food?

Jess

on the side it does say hot surface, but don't know whether it should be scorching thats odd

Plusone W.
Plusone W.

I just bought mine today and not only is is very hot on the external surface, it is not radiating into the ceramic pot. I have my first casserole in, hoping this is not a lemon, like a couple of reviewers.

CategorySlow Cookers