Continental ContiSportContact 6

Continental ContiSportContact 6

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great for track, bad for every day driving

At first service at 10k had to replace two tyres that were classified as unroadworthy. Was told by Honda that this is what to expect. I do lots of country klms, the tyres handle magnificently in all conditions but I don’t think it’s acceptable to only get 10k out of a set of tyres. Will be trying the Michelins next time.

CarHonda Civic type r

bowwow

bowwowBrisbane

Great tyres

2 years ago a tyre blew out on me and caused my car to skid off the road into the median strip. After asking a lot of tyre shops I chose these Continental s and they are fantastic in the wet and not noisy on the road. I highly recommend them.

Car2016 Toyota Camry
Chris0101

Chris0101Perth

Great tyres for grip!

I guess I buy tyres for grip and stopping distance so I accept the compromise of increased wear. I have been driving a Honda Jazz that was fitted with cheap tyres and had plenty of tread but were diabolical in the wet. The difference with the sport contact 6's was amazing. This is a buzzbox that does not like cornering under brakes but with these tyres it actually feels like a real car! It tracks differenty and in the recent wet weather I can see where they have pumped the road dry behind me and there is an immense imporvement in cornering and braking. It is the most signigicant difference I have ever experienced after fitting new tyres to a car. It will be interesting to see how they feel after a few thousand k's....

CarHonda Jazz 2007
Jammy

Jammy

Awesome tyres.

Have been using the continental premium contact 6 for about 10k after upgrading from continental pc. The tyres are one of the best that I have used so far. Good grip, low noise and good mileage. Do check the European test results for this Tyre n all their findings are perfect. Definitely recommend it.

CarChrysler 300

AJP

AJPPt Elliot

Good grip & quiet but terrible wear

VF2 V8 Holden 245/35/20 - 80% country / rural roads & 20% city - generally 100-110 speed, no burnouts, some aggressive cornering, pretty gentle on braking
Previously Bridgestone Potenzas as fitted from factory
Contis are quieter and have equal grip
Wear is incredibly poor !!
Bridgestone - 30ks and rears were shot / fronts 30% left
Contis - 12ks - rears gone but fronts @ 80% left
Conclusion - Contis must be geared for low HP / light vehicles - no idea why they have shredded. Bridgestones on last 3 Commodore V8's, no change in roads or driving habits yet they generally deliver 30,000 before rears are done.
Very disappointed after reading good reports re Conti 6's

CarVF2 V8 Commodore Sportswagon

murcod

murcodSouth Australia

Great so far.

I've had these on for a week in 255/40R19 (replacing ContiSportContact 5 tyres in 235/45R19.)

The 6 is so far proving to give a quieter ride over coarse surfaces and has improved the handling with better turn in on corners (bearing in mind I've changed tyre and wheel widths as well.) From what I've read the ContiSportContact 6 is a step above the ContiSportContact 5P (which is a step above the ordinary ContiSportContact 5 I had.) I'm very happy with their performance so far and will update my review when I've covered more distance.

PS: Continental Australia appear to only be bringing in certain sizes- the 255/40R19 I bought was from an internet based reseller who imports tyres.

Car2016 Ford Kuga