Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Pros

• Suitable for all weather conditions

• Smooth ride

• Quiet

Cons

• Expensive

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Ed.S

Ed.SHunter Region, NSW

No complaints

These tyres are coming to the end of their life after just over 50 000km.
They have provided faultless grip both wet and dry all the way to the end.
They are quiet, provide good handling and comfort.
No complaints. Will be replacing them with Primacy 4.
Mixed road conditions.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $210.00.

Dejan M.

Dejan M.Perth, WA

IT WAS A BRILLIANT TYRE

Robbie_DSouthwest, VIC

Ideal to reduce road noise in a Mazda 3

Mazda 3s are notorious for excessive road noise. The fitment of Michelin Primacy 3STs to our 2006 Mazda 3 reduced the road noise considerably on all road surfaces including coarse chip bitumen.

As the tyres have worn (now about 40,000kms) the tyre noise has increased but is less tyre noise than the previous tyres fitted.

Grip on all road surfaces and conditions is excellent. As the tyres have worn the grip levels remain unchanged.

After being fitted for 40,000 kms the tyres are now about to 2/3s worn. So can expect about 70,000 - 80,000 kms of life from these tyres.

These are excellent tyres and ideal for reducing road noise in a Mazda 3.

Purchased in June 2018 at JAX Tyres for $530.00.

Kathryn O

Kathryn OMid North Coast, NSW

Not as expected

travel long trips on dodgy country road. Purchased these tyres based on reviews and life expectancy - less than 30000 kms on my Ford Territory. Not impressed. Probably would have been better off buying cheaper tyres would have got the same kms out of them. Do not buy if you live in rural areas.

Purchased in December 2018 for $180.00.

Simon L.

Simon L.Sydney, NSW

satisfied and excellent service.

Great Tyres! Smooth and quiet drive. I was skeptical at first but I was impressed, very comfortable ride. Never had any issues, will be buying them again. Very satisfied and excellent service.

pea

pea

Great Tyre, Smooth Ride, But Weird Crack Like Wear Sign Around the Side Wall Corner

When writing this review, my car has been using all 4 tyres of Michelin Primacy 3 for over 1 year and 1 month. So far, I enjoy the smooth and quite enough ride from the tyres. They also show a good sign of durability, with the exception of the weird crack/dent looking wear sign all around the corner of their side walls.

Purchased in April 2018 at Costco for $148.98.

Jandev

JandevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very smooth ride

They were Tyres bought for my Camry Altise, Excellent handling in all weather conditions and smooth ride.Lasts long as tyres are rotated and wheels are balanced once in 10,000 Km.

Purchased in July 2017 at Costco for $698.00.

Alicia

AliciaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great tyres

These are the tyres that came on my car when I bought it brand new in 2014. I’ve since had to get all 4 replaced at 60000km. For the price what you pay for then I think that’s it’s great mileage out of them considering other brands that are cheaper and do less km’s

CarFord Focus sport

Michelin Primacy 3 ST

I feel that these tyres are a hard compound, with a soft sidewall. There is low speed bumpiness and noise, yet on the highway, there was a softness and floatiness. By comparison, the Pirelli Cinturato P7's seemed to have both a soft compound and a soft flexible side wall. Long term, I suspect that the harder compound Primacy 3 ST may have slightly better fuel consumption, and longer treadlife. It is all a compromise. However, for a luxury car, and considering that the Primacy is a premium touring tyre, I would have thought Michelin should have used both soft compound, and flexible sidewalls combined like the competing Pirelli Cinturato P7's.

CarToyota

John - Blaxland

John - BlaxlandSydney Surrounds, NSW

Michelin Premacy 3ST

CarSubaru Forester 2015 2.5i L

SeamusIllawarra, NSW

good grip and mileage/kilometer age (if that's a word )

but a bit expensive.

!st set came fitted to my new car and lasted 65,000 ks. My car is small and light driven mainly in the country so this is not bad going. Little bit of dirt or unmade road at times and no puncher problems. Quiet and well performing in the wet and dry.

As everyone says you get what you pay for in rubber and road.

Now the bad news, redundant model, replaced by 4, so even if you want them you can't, and your not getting mine

CarRenault
Seamus

Second set just being replaced at 120,000k's that's 55,000ks this time. Still happy with them

Joe

JoeSydney

Excellent grip, quiet, no issues

A few years ago, I changed the annoying run flat tyres on my bmw125i to primacy sport 3 tyres (the 3 are the higher spec tyre). They were the best tyre I have ever owned, they have excellent traction in both dry and wet conditions, they were quiet and unlike some tyres I have owned in the past, there was nothing strange about them (they had normal wear levels, did not compromise the handling of the car, etc). I highly recommend the Primacy 3s.

CarBMW 125i
Trevor

TrevorLancefield 3435 vic

Safety assured. With Michelin Tyres

Ever since I changed to Michelin Tyres for my vehicles, the lasting qualities of these tyres has really amazed me! The last set lasted over. 85 thousand kilometres ! The grip in provided wet weather.conditions proved second to none!
I would recommend these tyres to anyone !
Thank You for the chance to share my experience

Car2007 Ford Falcon
Judie Adams

Judie AdamsAU

Very good quality

very very good quality and lasted longer than the other brands. Also did not experience quite a lot of punctures. I used nitrogen and it worked fine. I purchased it almost two years ago and it lived for about 30k kms and was doing a very good job indeed. Would highly recommend, but a bit expensive.

CarToyota
THOMO

THOMORichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great tyres handsdown

As soon as I put these on my car I was impressed....smooth... dead quiet. And I was told they will get heaps of wear.time will tell.If your looking for a great set of tyres you would be mad to not put these on your vehicle.Handling is also excellent.The old tyres were terrible compared to the MICHELIN"S

Car2008 honda accord luxury

Robin

RobinRICHMOND

higher cost performance ,Michelin Primacy 3 ST

I have been using this Michelin tire for three years.This time gives me a high sense of security.On dry ground there is a super-high grip performance. In the same price comparison, it can still get a higher score.In wetland performance, it is in line with its price positioning.At the same time it retains the quiet qualities of Michelin tyres in terms of noise.Relative balance of durability.All in all is a very excellent, cost-effective products.

CarAudi A4
NEIL

NEIL

First Week Review

CarMAZDA 2010 3 SP 2.5 HATCHBACK
RAP

RAPHunter Valley

My opinion no kick backs.

I went to O'Neills at Cessnock and asked him to fit the best tyres to suit my S430 Merc. He said he wouldn't go past the Mich Prim 3 st. He knows I use the car for Hunter to Sydney all weather and said "you will fall in love with them". Cant wait for them to wear out to get another set. Could be a very long wait.
I "DRIVE my car, it's not a toy and the tyres have made it so safe it's no funny".

CarS430 MB. HEAVY.
Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Will not go wrong with a Michelin

Very Quiet, great grip wet or dry, feels secure on the road cornering hard. Only had for three months so I can't comment on the wear and tear, but I expect great results. I did shop around and was counting on others reviews first, this brand came in as very highly recommended, worth the money, in the long run, I'm sure.

CarJaguar XF 3Ltr Twin turbo Sports
S and A

S and ASydney

Great Tyres in all weather

Bought these tyres after reading about all the great reviews online, I was quite skeptical about its performance and traction at first but once I drove it while it was raining, you can feel so much difference and much more confidence in taking corners safely. My previous tyres were continental contisport contacts and Michelin are the winners here for me.

CarHonda Civic Hatch 2013

Michael S.

Michael S.asked

Where is this tyre made ?

Thailand

Lailen

Lailenasked

Could I use this tyre for holden captiva 5, and how many years it's endure to drive and what is the cost of this tyre? How do I order if I interest in this quality?

Trevor

Trevorasked

Are the Primacy tyres as durable as the Energy XM2?

Vic
Vic

I seem to remember seeing XM2 and Primacy 4 having similar wear ratings stamped to the sidewall, I'd imagine you will get excellent Mileage on the Primacy's based on their reputation

See all Michelin Primacy 3 ST questions

Michelin Primacy 3 ST keeps noise out and lets comfort in, providing a safer and more peaceful drive, every day.

Features

• Class-leading noise comfort: The Primacy 3 ST tested 8% quieter than the average of a number of competing tyres. It provides a noise-free total performance so you’ll enjoy the silence of a smooth ride.
  • Maximum safety: The 3 ST deliver Michelin total performance braking capabilities, stopping 2.9 meters shorter on wet roads compared to leading competition tyres.
  • Long-lasting: The Primacy 3 ST tyres your drive requires ranks 25% higher in terms of longevity if you are using the right tyre size and you receive wheel alignment regularly.
  • Excellent ride comfort.
  • Designed for large and upper mid-sized luxury vehicles such as Audi A5, BMW 5 Series, Lexus IS & GS Series.
  • Improved longevity.
  • Features Michelin's Evenpeak technology which spreads noise across a wider spectrum of tread block and sizes for a quiet ride.
  • Contains Flexmax technology for a bigger contact patch optimised for maximum road contact for longer tread life and superior road grip.
  • Includes a layer of noise-filtering rubber that diminishes vibrations for a smoother ride.
  • With small grooves that allows the tyre to cut the film of water on wet roads for increased safety.

The 3 ST has been replaced with the Michelin Primacy 4, a 2021 award winner which has been regarded well for its smooth ride experience, quiet drive and precise steering.

What reviewers thought

Reviewers overwhelmingly adored these tyres which were described as having a faultless grip in both wet and dry conditions. It is quiet, refined and people have found the wheels to be durable.

CategoryPassenger Tyres