Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steven

StevenHobart, TAS

Great grip

Pros: Outstanding wet and dry traction and grip; fairly quiet for a high performance tyre; great straigh-line stability.. Cons: Steering is a bit too light, albeit sharp; Noisier than touring tyres.

Purchased at Bob Jane T-Marts for $230.00.

Tyre Mileage 16,000 km
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7.5 (Hatchback) GTI

VAC

VACAlice Springs, NT

Pilot Super Soft Versus 4S

Purchased in June 2018 at Tyresales.com.au for $1,672.00.

Tyre Mileage 8,500 km
Car ModelAUDI TTRS
Manwithinternet

ManwithinternetMelbourne

Excellent tyre at an affordable price

I've had tyres for several years and cannot fault them. Excellent grip in all round weather and braking distance isn't comprised. Tyres are also competitively priced. I would not hesitate to get them once again!

nturnerphoto

nturnerphotoPerth, WA

A bit pricier than the Pilot Sport 3

I have been replacing my Pilot Sport 3s over the last year, the 4s are a little bit more expensive and seemed a bit noisier but the grip seems to do a good job.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bridgestone Tyres for $240.00.

Car ModelSubaru Impreza
Tyre Pressure Used29 PSI

Rainer

Rainer

Noisy tyre equals 3 stars

Had this tyre come with my new vehicle. Good grip but as they wore more became a pain in my ears with the road noise they produced hence only 3 stars. I ended up changing tyres prematurely at 42000 km because of the annoying road noise.
Bought other tyres and as quiet as these should have been........

Tyre Mileage 42,000 km
Car ModelKia pro_ceed GT JD
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI

RussellPerth, WA

Amazing grip in the dry, great in the wet.

I purchased a set of PS 4s to drive across Australia and back. At first they were a bit more noisey than PS 3S but when scrubbed they are fine. When driving through the mountains in snow they gripped very well, and corners could be taken fast. I was feeing as if the car and road were one with the universe, as after each day of driving 700km we did not even feel as if we had been in the car. Mind you the Toyota Aurion is a very smooth car. I would recommend these tyres.

Purchased in April 2017 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $800.00.

Tyre Mileage 20,000 km
Car ModelToyota Aurion
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

tron07

tron07Sydney, NSW

Good tires, a bit expensive though

Good grip on dry and wet, when its start to slip on wet take off, it's time to replace. Expensive to replace. Mileage is not that great. Car - Accord Euro. Was using PS3 previously and it returned about 38k km. PS4 is about the same as well, close to 40k km.

Purchased in September 2017 at JAX Tyres for $185.00.

Tyre Mileage 40,000 km

Danny W.

Danny W.Peel, WA

Best Tyres I've Ever Had

Bought a Peugeot 308 wagon new, it came with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. Loved those tyres, held the road like glue and lasted well. Replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4's - even better. Feel incredibly safe and looking forward to a long and happy use of them.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Car ModelPeugeot 308 T9
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
JessFalcon

JessFalconSydney, NSW

good tyres

got these put on recently and they're great - recommended in the wet and the dry, safe with the kids and don't have to worry about what to put on next

Purchased in August 2018.

Waz

WazCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Not for light sports cars.

I totally agree with Tassie Lorenzo.

To be honest the factory standard Primacy tyres on the Toyota 86 felt better to drive on.
With the pilot sport 4 cornering seems to run wide. If I turn the wheel more they hang on fine .. but not what I was looking for in a tyre on a light weight sports orientated car.
They may be good on a heavier car for highway driving.

Purchased in September 2018 for $800.00.

David

David

Needs wearing in

Purchased in February 2019 for $796.00.

Tyre Mileage 200 km

Nick Bordo

Nick BordoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent road tyre!

Purchased in December 2018 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 2,000 km
Car ModelToyota Corolla E150
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI

robinit

robinitdee why

Good but not great

Purchased 225/40/18 tyres.
Good in dry conditions and the wet. Jax inflated tyres to 35 psi. When cornering it felt as though there was too much tyre sidewall roll, as if they weren't inflated enough. Took it up to 38psi, much better.
Tyres are not as quiet as other reviewers have mentioned.
I think the continental MC5 tyres I had previously were better in the handling, especially cornering and were much quieter. Those tyres lasted me 56000 klms.
I don't think these Michelins will last anywhere near as long as the rubber is a softer compound than the Continentals.
I wouldn't purchase these tyres again.
I feel the Continentals were superior in every aspect.

Purchased in October 2018 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 3,000 km
Car ModelHyundai i30 GD
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

SamSpade

SamSpadeSydney, NSW

Great all rounder...

Good in wet and dry. I only drove about 15k on the PS4s and they were still in great condition when I sold the BRZ. I also used them on a track day at Wakefield and they were excellent giving plenty of warning prior to letting go which is something I appreciate in a tire. I would highly recommend them with the only issue being the price but I guess you get what you pay for. There are regular offers like buy 3 get one free etc. so if you are not in a hurry this would be worth waiting for. My prior tyres were Bridgestone Potenza RE003 which were also great. The lap on the PS4s was slightly better but they were 10mm wider so it is a hard call as to which was actually faster. I prefer the PS4s in the wet.

CarSubaru BRZ
Browny

BrownyWollongong

Great Tyres

Coming from pirelli p-zero’s I’m really happy with these tyres. They’ve got better grip, they’re quieter and from what I have read I expect them to last a fair bit longer than my old set. A little on the expensive side (in my size particularly) but I see them as well worth it if they live up to their longevity reputation while providing the grip that they do.

Car2017 Skoda Octavia RS
Erskie

ErskieBrisbane

Grips like a gecko :)

CarLancer VRX

Best tyre I ever driven on

Smoother ride than previous tyres fitted, certainly much quieter on a variety of road surfaces. Great traction in wet weather. Price in my size (215/45 17) was comparable with other so called performance tyres. I'de certainly recommend these tyres for any driving style and I'll fit these to my other car well before its tyres wear out. Love them.

CarRenault megane

Transformed the car - now points and steers - great wet weather and quiet

Purchased a Falcon G6E with 30,000 km’s on it - “fitted with Brand new tyres” they were Hi Fly HF 805 Challengers. Feel was poor wet grip low. I bought four new tyres and had them fitted balanced and aligned. Difference was felt driving out of the car park. I haven’t managed to break grip in the wet or dry, and traction from start never breaks - it’s only the 196kw na engine. Braking is as good as I can hope for, they are quiet with good ride quality. Well worth the $780 I paid for the set

Car2016 FG X Falcon G6E

Albervin

AlbervinWollongong

The ultimate tyre for a mid range sports/touring car

Michelin Pilot Sport tyres have been the coach for touring motorcycles and cars for several years. They have, probably, the best wet weather performance of any tyre on the market. What that means is that braking and cornering can be safely managed whether it is wet or dry. The Continental tyres are also good but these are a step above. If you value passenger safety and car performance above price and distance then these are the only option.
They are quiet riding in my Audi so no downside there. The grip is prodigious!
The downside is that they wear quicker than most tyres.

CarAudi A4 Turbo quattro.

Steve BlackbirdSydney

Excellent, Quiet, Very Capable Tyre in the dry and wet

Car2001 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Steve Blackbird

Well.... after 15,000km... still love these tyres... recommend them to everyone I talk to when tyres come up... safe, quiet and epic grip in the wet and dry.... again sorry for the long winded review above... and the Camry hate.....lol

Dino

Dinoasked

I have a 2012 WRX that currently has Pirelli Dragon Sports on them . I am looking to replace with Pilot Sport 4. Has anyone done the same and what has the main difference been. Thanks

Moorey

Mooreyasked

I have a Clubsport 5.7 Gen3 and am running Toyo Proxes T1 Sports.A fantastic tyre especially in the Wet. Treadwear is 240 and I got 25,000 ks out of them.They don't make em amymore so after a seach I've decided to try Michelin PS4s .Should they perform as well as the tredwear rating is 300 I think???

Russell

I have had the Pilot Sport 4s on a Toyota V6 Aurion sedan (Now called Camry again in the new models) and after driving across Australia and back on them, about 8,000 kms, which included some mountain roads, I found them really smooth and grippy enough. The road noise is a little bit more than the discontinued Pilot Spot 3s, but overall they are a fantastic value for money tyre. On cold days they take about 3 minutes to warm up then are smooth again. I would recommend them not as a track tyre but as a reliable every day work horse.

Slammer

Slammerasked

I"m currently on Michelin Primacy 3 size 215/55/17. I intend to get Michelin Ps 4 but with different sizing to 225/50/17...
Should i just change the Ps 4 tyre with the same size or change a bit low profile 225/50/17 with Michelin Ps 4 tyre???
Any opinion and how much it will affect my FC????

deandownunder
deandownunder

Lower profile will give a firmer ride if that's what you want. My advice use same size.

Andrew
Andrew

Yeah, keep the same size. There would be no real performance or handling improvement by going lower.

There's more to consider than just this though, there are other implications -
-if you have an accident and the insurance company discovers that the tyres are not right, they can void your policy
- your speedo will be out
- the ride will be a bit harsher

Better to be safe than sorry

Get an answer from our members and Michelin representatives