Cowon AW1 / AW2

2.6

• Readable Number PlatesYes (50%) · No (50%)
  • Battery Life
  • Video Quality
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Lianeisme

LianeismeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hate heat and cold weather

Paid a fortune for this to be installed. Won't work if its to hot and won't work in Victorian winters. Complete wast of money. Do not buy if you live in Australia.

Purchased in December 2017.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Battery Life
Linda W.

Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Poor connectivity, bluetooth fail

Hardwired by tech at the dealer and still had unsatisfactory connectivity. I wouldn't know what the footage is like as i could never connect. doesn't work as described, overpriced, non-user friendly. Stay away

Purchased in December 2016 for A$1,800.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo

Disappointing- Stay away

Dash Cams

Find out how Cowon AW1 / AW2 compares to other Dash Cams

Cowon AW1 keeps failing

I purchased this unit new with my car and after 8 months it died. Had it replaced under warranty and now my second unit has died. Even when they were working they were somewhat unreliable. I would not recommend spending your money on this unit. I am now looking for alternative brands.

Adrian

AdrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overheats every day

Had this installed with a new vehicle purchased.

Ideally to record a vehicle hitting my vehicle and leaving. Sadly the Cowon overheats almsot every single day in Australia.

When I return to my car after work it will take 10 to 15 minutes for it to sufficiently cool down to begin working again.
Often I have returned home before it is recording.

The Quality of the video when it is recording is good and sound is captured.
For the price we paid there are better options.

Not Worth the Money

I had a Cowon AW2 but it gave up only after a short time, . Swapped for another one and the new one would only work occasionally when it wanted. I removed both units in disgust and frustration and purchased a cheaper unit that works better than the Cowon. I am much happier now.

Disappointed

We had the Dual Camera (AW2) installed in Jul by December it has fully drained our battery in our new vehicle. The unit itself also heated up significantly and then died. We will be ringing the supplier on Monday, to see what they say. The device is meant to have a self shutting cut off if battery volt does below an acceptable value, but that didn't seem to work. Interesting to find out what went wrong with this device, because I was quite happy with it.

Linda

LindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery problem

Definitely not worth paying all that money for something that doesn't work properly, and replaced tw

Dash Cams

Find out how Cowon AW1 / AW2 compares to other Dash Cams

Wayne J.

Wayne J.Broadford

Does exactly what it is designed to do.

My system is wired direct into the fuse box and therefore is on 24/7 and records even when I'm not driving. The cameras sit neatly in the windows and are not a distraction whatsoever which was an initial concern. The manual is not the best and setting up the app on the phone to remotely log into the cameras is not for the non technically minded. Even the garage that fitted the cameras were not sure how everything worked and just referred us to the manual and the accompanying CD. This had just the same manual so was not a help. However, for peace of mind I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking at installing cameras in their car. My son recently put these in his new car and is also happy with them.

murray.ockenfels

murray.ockenfelsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most happy with my Cowon AW-2 Saftey cameras with GPS speed and location

Mark .

Mark .South East Queensland, QLD

Cowon AW2 Front & Rear dash cams

I purchased this camera system and had some small glitches and then the shop swapped them for a newer model due to faulty batch that they received, currently this camera is now working ok and I don't currently have any issues with them. The shop was very responsible with accepting the cams had a few issues.

BrianH34

BrianH34AU

Review of Cowon AW-2 AutoCapsule Car Camera

all terrain driver

all terrain driverPerth, WA

AW1 COWON AUTOCAPSULE

PAX999
PAX999

this one is really handy and nice look. I've installed this in my car for 1 year and half. I never had a problem with this one. In summer, the unit gets a bit hot, but no issue after all.

melissa

melissaasked

AW1 (Single Camera)

how do i get my aw1 to broadcast wifi..... its just stopped?

Jakub S.

Jakub S.asked

AW1 / AW2

Hi there. I just bought the Skoda and aw1 is installed there. Im so confused if camera will drain my battery because after I switch engine off camera stays on. It says something about parking mode in while but still not sure if camera eventually get off.

Another issue is. Any idea how to reset password for wifi? 1234567890 as I googled doesn’t work. :(

Barney K.

Barney K.asked

AW1 (Single Camera)

Hi, I have had my cowon aw1 for 4 years was installed in my xtrail by Nissan. Recently it just stopped working, the red and sometimes purple light comes on. There are no recording now, I've taken it out cooled it down, removed sim and placed back in. Is there anything I can do to restart / reboot my dash Cam, or so you think it's run it's life.