Cowon AW1 / AW2

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Linda W.

Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Poor connectivity, bluetooth fail

Hardwired by tech at the dealer and still had unsatisfactory connectivity. I wouldn't know what the footage is like as i could never connect. doesn't work as described, overpriced, non-user friendly. Stay away

Purchased in December 2016 for $1,800.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo

Leo

LeoSydney

Disappointing- Stay away

Cowon AW1 keeps failing

I purchased this unit new with my car and after 8 months it died. Had it replaced under warranty and now my second unit has died. Even when they were working they were somewhat unreliable. I would not recommend spending your money on this unit. I am now looking for alternative brands.

Adrian

AdrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overheats every day

Had this installed with a new vehicle purchased.

Ideally to record a vehicle hitting my vehicle and leaving. Sadly the Cowon overheats almsot every single day in Australia.

When I return to my car after work it will take 10 to 15 minutes for it to sufficiently cool down to begin working again.
Often I have returned home before it is recording.

The Quality of the video when it is recording is good and sound is captured.
For the price we paid there are better options.

Not Worth the Money

I had a Cowon AW2 but it gave up only after a short time, . Swapped for another one and the new one would only work occasionally when it wanted. I removed both units in disgust and frustration and purchased a cheaper unit that works better than the Cowon. I am much happier now.

Disappointed

We had the Dual Camera (AW2) installed in Jul by December it has fully drained our battery in our new vehicle. The unit itself also heated up significantly and then died. We will be ringing the supplier on Monday, to see what they say. The device is meant to have a self shutting cut off if battery volt does below an acceptable value, but that didn't seem to work. Interesting to find out what went wrong with this device, because I was quite happy with it.

Linda

LindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery problem

Definitely not worth paying all that money for something that doesn't work properly, and replaced tw

Wayne J.

Wayne J.Broadford

Does exactly what it is designed to do.

My system is wired direct into the fuse box and therefore is on 24/7 and records even when I'm not driving. The cameras sit neatly in the windows and are not a distraction whatsoever which was an initial concern. The manual is not the best and setting up the app on the phone to remotely log into the cameras is not for the non technically minded. Even the garage that fitted the cameras were not sure how everything worked and just referred us to the manual and the accompanying CD. This had just the same manual so was not a help. However, for peace of mind I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking at installing cameras in their car. My son recently put these in his new car and is also happy with them.

murray.ockenfels

murray.ockenfelsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most happy with my Cowon AW-2 Saftey cameras with GPS speed and location

Mark .

Mark .South East Queensland, QLD

Cowon AW2 Front & Rear dash cams

I purchased this camera system and had some small glitches and then the shop swapped them for a newer model due to faulty batch that they received, currently this camera is now working ok and I don't currently have any issues with them. The shop was very responsible with accepting the cams had a few issues.

BrianH34

BrianH34AU

Review of Cowon AW-2 AutoCapsule Car Camera

AW1 COWON AUTOCAPSULE

PAX999
PAX999

this one is really handy and nice look. I've installed this in my car for 1 year and half. I never had a problem with this one. In summer, the unit gets a bit hot, but no issue after all.

Fendall H.asked

Unit now on eternal loop - a few seconds after it starts up and says Recording has started, it says "recording not functioning properly" and restarts all over, and does the same.... Is it repairable, or dead?

Note that it worked (almost) perfectly for 2-3 years before this happened

Amy c

Amy casked

AW1 (Single Camera)

Hi, my dash camera is saying “unable to read memory card” I tried to format it but after I re-inserted the card the error message “not recording properly” appeared.. or something like that and then it reverts back to “cannot read memory card”. How can I fix this?

Kate H

Kate Hasked

I bought a car with Cowon AW1 already installed.
I finally got around to looking at the manual & downloaded the app etc
I connected to wifi but really not sure how it all works.
My issue it stopped recording in loop 3 days after I bought the car which was 4 months ago... I didn’t change or stop or start anything.
It announces that recording cap is on... checked the SD card reader on my laptop shows nothing.
I’m technically challenged but willing to learn.

Get an answer from our members and Cowon representatives