See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

bad

bad

Good mower but

I don't like the three tabs at the front that the springs hook on to they are too close to the ground and i feel like if i hit something i could rip them off. other than that it's a good mower.

Purchased in January 2018.

Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Good traction for steep inclines

I am a contractor and I love Cox live drive mowers. They are light enough to lift out of a bog. Climb extremely well because of the excellent live drive traction. Only fault is the welds on the frame that holds the cutting deck need strengthening. Highly recommend them for ease of maintenance and durability.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

wayned

good solid hard working mower

My old Cox died after 20 years of hard graft so I thought another Cox would be the go. Am very happy with the outcome, the new one is just as good as the old (bit more plastic though). It is a fairly robust ride on, powerful and cuts well although it is not designed for English style lawns. I bought the live drive because the hydrostatics have too much to go wrong with them, I prefer a basic hard working mower. If you want a mower to cut without pampering check it out.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Chaso

Good choice, great mower.

Put this mower straight into some heavy work and compared to my old workhorse, this machine just ate it. So simple to operate and simple in its design. Best in the range for ease of access, don't need to through a leg to get on it.
The only thing that takes a little getting used to is the steering seems a bit heavy in tight turns and basically, we're ever the wheels go, the mower will fit, which is great.
Highly recommend these machines.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dekka

Dekka

Beast

Bought about 2 years ago, use it commercially on small and very large hilly properties. It's a monster that just keeps going, I have cut fire breaks on a 20 degree angle with half of it in sand and it still keeps going. The live drive can get you un bogged if you know how to. I've mowed for the council on vacant lots with sand, dirt, ruts and all sorts of obstacles and still it manages. It's paid for itself already. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Kayla D.

Kayla D.asked

How much is a 2nd hand stockman 13 5hp worth if it is in fair condition

Robin T.

Robin T.asked

Hi, When I engage the cutter deck, the blades choke in the grass and the mower comes to a stop ?

Chaso

Engage cutters in open clear area then approach the area to mow as long as its not three foot high.

Rob T

Rob Tasked

My John Deere has what appears to be a terminal problem with the engine and although the mower repair man said it would cost too much to fix, I cannot afford $5k for a new Cox 4000. I have always kept my grass short and while it is on a sloping block (1 hectare) I cannot find any other mower on the market that is recommended for steep mowing.Although the John Deere only had one issue on the slope and that was when it was wet.
My Mower guy is a Cox agent and he is quoting me a higher price I think that what I am reading here. So is the RRP of the 4000 Cox (chain drive ?) $4500, $4900 or as I am quoted $5250? he says he will not negotiate a trade in on my John Deere as he says he doesn't do trades and I should sell it to a Ride On Mower Racer ( what ever they are !!).
Any advice or offers will be seriously considered. Thanks

wayned

$5250 seems a bit steep. I only paid $4500 I think. Greenfields is another good mower but I think the price is around $5000. Try contacting Cox direct and ask if they have a suggested retail price. Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Cox representatives