Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

CPK-17A (Stainless Steel), CPK-17MRA (Red)

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

nogood

nogoodSydney Surrounds, NSW

Did not last long

Just after using for a year now does not close and since last week the water leaks from the bottom which makes it too dangerous to use.
I would never buy this brand

Purchased in December 2018 for $149.00.

hgnisnyl

hgnisnylHunter Region, NSW

Died while store in cupboard.

The kettle itself is great. You can program the temperature you require, and it is easy to use. But like all items today obsolescence is built in, my kettle died while store in cupboard. However my husband is an electrician so I asked him to look at why it had stopped working as it had, had so little use. What had died on the kettle was the power base, on his pulling it apart, he found that the connections had been made to corrode away inside the base. Unrepairable. So much for a quality brand product.

Purchased in March 2011 for $139.95.

Great...until it dies!

3rd kettle - hope this one does not leak

The kettle itself works amazing - boils quickly and quietly and looks great. About 14 months after purchase, it started leaking. Paid the S&H to return kettle for warranty and a brand new one was shipped to me about 6-8 weeks later. Less than 4 months later, THAT one started leaking and worse than the first time around. I called Customer Service and refused to pay the S&H again (and did not have to argue hard on that point). I will say their Customer Service people are friendly/helpful. Less than 1 week later, I got a new kettle and prepaid postage to return my faulty one. Here's hoping that 3rd time's a charm...

Purchased in August 2017 for $130.00.

Kathy D

Kathy DNorthern Region, NSW

Very disappointed

Purchased in July 2018 for $169.00.

Noise Level

Overall very disappointed in this

Purchased in June 2016 for $129.00.

Sandra W

Sandra WCentral, SA

Unreliable

I have has two of these kettles in 4 years. The first lid wouldn't open after 12 months and then it stopped . As I liked the design I was prepared to buy another. Wrong decision as the replacement died 20 months later

Purchased in October 2017 at Kitchen Warehouse WA for $165.00.

It blew up

My kettle blew up last night with a bang and lots of acrid smoke about 20 - 30 minutes after I had used it. Luckily I was in the same room. Loved it otherwise.

Purchased in December 2016.

Mejico

MejicoCarrum Downs

Good to start with, now piece of junk

Purchased in April 2016 at Myer Online Store for $129.00.

buyer beware

buyer bewareMelbourne

Had two of these kettles - both leaked.

I purchased the red model initially and it was working fine until after about 12 months it started leaking water. I returned the kettle to Minimax and after waiting about 4 weeks, the kettle was replaced. By this stage, the red model had been discontinued so I was disappointed to accept the stainless steel model in its place - I loved the appearance of the red kettle. Nonetheless, the replacement kettle worked fine until just recently, the same problem developed. The kettle is leaking water again. So, it is going back to Minimax and I will not be accepting a replacement. I have lost confidence in Cuisinart and will not be buying this brand kettle ever again.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

WAH

WAH

Great kettle, but sadly, very unreliable

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Wend0100

Wend0100Castle Hill

Really happy with this kettle!!

I looked at the product reviews before I chose this kettle and bought it 5 weeks ago and so far have not been disappointed!! It lives up to its reviews and my expectations!! I like the fact I can see the water boiling and it’s easy to see water level . It takes around 3 ni s to boil water. The outside of kettle dies get very hot as it’s bouling.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not happy Jan4

Not happy Jan4Melbourne

Didn't last that long.

This Cuisinart kettle didn't last that long. The kettle stopped working altogether. It would stop and re-start sometimes and then didn't seem to heat properly. The three year warranty covered me for a new replacement. I'm giving four stars because of the very good after sales service and the extended warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Zigy

ZigyMelbourne

Not worth the money

After exchange on the first kettle this one has passed away also.Instead of lasting 2 years it lasted 5 years
Looking at the cost of this kettle it is a premium price made in China, I will not be buying another one will go back to Breville.There plenty of other brands to choose from at better prices

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Boo

BooMelbourne

Love it!

Love this kettle, especially 1) you can control the temperature and 2) it has the keep warm function that means that you can keep the kettle boiling on and off for half an hour like an urn. The only drawback which seems to be a Cusinart thing is that the print comes off the buttons very quickly. This happened to our Cusinart toaster too, so when we bought this one I put clear nail polish over the print of the buttons and the print hasn't faded even though we've had it so long. Easy to clean and very spiffy looking too.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Kate

KateMelbourne, Vic

Works well but lid mechanism poor

Date PurchasedJan 2012

hellopossum69

hellopossum69Melbourne

Lid keeps failing

I bought this particular kettle spending way too much money, but, thought I would get a great product that would last. My original kettle has been replaced twice. The first one just stopped working, the second one the lid fell apart and the third one which I have now the lid will not even open. Also each of these 3 kettles the writing on the buttons has worn off. I am not even going to contact customer service again about this one, even though they have been very good with replacing the kettles. For the money this kettle costs and the amount of times it has failed I will be looking for another brand. The flimsy design of the lid needs to be addressed.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Annie

AnnieVictoria

Excellent kettle. Useful having different temperature options for tea lovers. Super handy keep warm function for when you boil it and don't get around to making your drink straight away! Great shape handle, easy to fill, soft close lid, good volume viewing channel, good size. Just a great quality kettle!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

beachshack

beachshackNorthern Region, NSW

Lid fails on Cuisinart models yet again!

While the design of the Cuisinart models are good they just can't seem to get their lid hinges durable enough to last more than a year or two. This is the second model of Cuisinart kettle we have owned, we treat our appliances well but the lid hinges are not strong enough to last being opened and closed regularly to fill kettle with water. A basic vital function one would have thought! Will not purchase another as they are way too expensive to keep having lids breaking off! Not a happy customer.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Colihx2

Colihx2AU

Still going strong after a year.

It has been a year since I purchased this kettle. It gets used multiple times throughout the day. I was tossing up between this and the Breville kettle. I ended up choosing this one because of the design. I rotate between drinking green and black teas so an option to choose 80-100 degrees was important.
My only complaint is it gets pretty noisy when boiling, but I think all electric kettles sound noisy. It felt like a premium product when unboxing. It does what is on the package.
As the years roll by, I hope it continues to serve me well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016