Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

CPK-17A (Stainless Steel) and CPK-17MRA (Red)

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

3rd kettle - hope this one does not leak

The kettle itself works amazing - boils quickly and quietly and looks great. About 14 months after purchase, it started leaking. Paid the S&H to return kettle for warranty and a brand new one was shipped to me about 6-8 weeks later. Less than 4 months later, THAT one started leaking and worse than the first time around. I called Customer Service and refused to pay the S&H again (and did not have to argue hard on that point). I will say their Customer Service people are friendly/helpful. Less than 1 week later, I got a new kettle and prepaid postage to return my faulty one. Here's hoping that 3rd time's a charm...

Purchased in August 2017 for $130.00.

Very disappointed

We have had this kettle for 10 months and been very disappointed in our purchase. While it is great to be able to heat water to different temperatures, we find it very annoying that, when 100 degrees is selected, the kettle take ages to switch itself off . It seems to boil away for around 40 seconds before eventually turning off and the kitchen gets very steamed up. The keep warm function keeps turning itself on even when we turn it off so as soon as you sit down with your cuppa you have to jump up again to switch the "keep warm" button off as the kettle has decided to reboil.

But the main complaint is that after 10 months it has died and Cuisinart have ignored repeated attempts to contact them.

So we are regretting buying this expensive kettle and not just buying another $50 kettle from Big W.

Purchased in July 2018 for $169.00.

Noise Level

Overall very disappointed in this

This kettle is definitely not worth the price Cuisinart sells it for.
I gave it a couple of stars because it did boil water, keep warm etc.
In spite of some of what it did do properly, my husband and I are very upset and disappointed in this Cuisinart kettle's overall function.
I agree with all the other one star reviewers that this kettle has some serious faulty issues.
Cuisinart should definitely listen to what is happening with the very unhappy consumers buying this particular product of theirs!
Alas it doesn't appear to be the case because this kettle still continues to have problems.
My kettle's lettering disappeared before the one year of owning it was up.
A definite manufacturing flaw to begin with.
What was that all about?
We never did get any satisfactory explanation regarding this matter!
The kettle was replaced after a bit of negotiating with Cusinart's customer service department.
The outside does get extremely hot which was specified by Cuisinart.
Consumers should be very watchful of this because one can seriously get burned!
I found it hard to take out the filter to clean it. To my mind it is in a cumbersome position.
SO, given this kettle is not even three years old in spite of some of the other problems with it, it came to quite a surprise to me/us when just like that it stopped working yesterday. No warning, poof...........Dead!
We paid over $100.00 Canadian dollars for this kettle and one would certainly think it would last for much much longer than that!!
So, unfortunately for me, I am now on a quest for a new electric kettle.
Hope I have better luck next time!
Thanks for reading!

Purchased in June 2016 for $129.00.

Unreliable

I have has two of these kettles in 4 years. The first lid wouldn't open after 12 months and then it stopped . As I liked the design I was prepared to buy another. Wrong decision as the replacement died 20 months later

Purchased in October 2017 at Kitchen Warehouse WA for $165.00.

It blew up

My kettle blew up last night with a bang and lots of acrid smoke about 20 - 30 minutes after I had used it. Luckily I was in the same room. Loved it otherwise.

Purchased in December 2016.

Noise Level

Good to start with, now piece of junk

I purchased the Cuisinart CPK17-A Programmable 1.7L Kettle from Myer in April 2016. It was a great kettle to start with, but after about 14 months the lid started to stick when the the open button was pressed. This has gotten progressively worse and now it will not open unless it is pried open, and feels like it will totally fail very soon. This kettle cost $129, so I would expect trouble free performance for at least 20 years, given our previous stainless steel cordless kettle cost only $30 and lasted for 15 years.

I contacted Cuisinart Australia, via email, and they didn't even bother to respond.

Its one and a half months short of being 3 years old and it has died. It still lights up an beeps, but the element doesn't heat up. $129 for a kettle that doesn't even last 3 years, premium price for a piece of junk. I have replaced it with a $20 stainless steel kettle from Kmart, and if it doesn't last 10 years I'll be shocked.

I finally got around to dismantling the kettle, to see if it was reparable. After removing the cover from the underside of the kettle the evidence was clear, the element had blown, it had literally blown through the metal encapsulation. As the element is encapsulated to the base of the kettle it is not replaceable. I'm just glad it didn't catch on fire when it blew.

Purchased in April 2016 at Myer Online Store for $129.00.

Noise Level

Had two of these kettles - both leaked.

I purchased the red model initially and it was working fine until after about 12 months it started leaking water. I returned the kettle to Minimax and after waiting about 4 weeks, the kettle was replaced. By this stage, the red model had been discontinued so I was disappointed to accept the stainless steel model in its place - I loved the appearance of the red kettle. Nonetheless, the replacement kettle worked fine until just recently, the same problem developed. The kettle is leaking water again. So, it is going back to Minimax and I will not be accepting a replacement. I have lost confidence in Cuisinart and will not be buying this brand kettle ever again.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great kettle, but sadly, very unreliable

There is a lot to like about this kettle — the automatic function, with six different heat levels, and especially the keep warm function, are great favorites in our family. We use the kettle all the time — multiple times each day with tea drinking people at home all day. The suggestions from Product Review to focus on —the taste of the water, ease of determining the water level, speed of heating and temperature of the outside surface are all beyond reproach — excellent. However (sadly because we otherwise love the kettle) we have had three and they have all broken — they have simply ceased boiling water.
All three have come from Urbane Sauvage in the Tuggeranong Hyperdome in Canberra, who have replaced them without question (they are great). However after three failures, it seems there is a design fault, and we won’t be replacing this one. We’ll try to find a more reliable brand. We do have other Cuisinart appliances, and have never had a problem. The date purchased is the date of the most recent replacement.
Looking at other reviews reminds me that we also had (on our second kettle) a broken lid — it didn’t stop us from using it and was really only a minor irritant. The text on the buttons wore off on our first kettle.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Really happy with this kettle!!

I looked at the product reviews before I chose this kettle and bought it 5 weeks ago and so far have not been disappointed!! It lives up to its reviews and my expectations!! I like the fact I can see the water boiling and it’s easy to see water level . It takes around 3 ni s to boil water. The outside of kettle dies get very hot as it’s bouling.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Didn't last that long.

This Cuisinart kettle didn't last that long. The kettle stopped working altogether. It would stop and re-start sometimes and then didn't seem to heat properly. The three year warranty covered me for a new replacement. I'm giving four stars because of the very good after sales service and the extended warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Not worth the money

After exchange on the first kettle this one has passed away also.Instead of lasting 2 years it lasted 5 years
Looking at the cost of this kettle it is a premium price made in China, I will not be buying another one will go back to Breville.There plenty of other brands to choose from at better prices

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Love it!

Love this kettle, especially 1) you can control the temperature and 2) it has the keep warm function that means that you can keep the kettle boiling on and off for half an hour like an urn. The only drawback which seems to be a Cusinart thing is that the print comes off the buttons very quickly. This happened to our Cusinart toaster too, so when we bought this one I put clear nail polish over the print of the buttons and the print hasn't faded even though we've had it so long. Easy to clean and very spiffy looking too.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Works well but lid mechanism poor

I've had this kettle for about 6 or 7 years now and it hasn't missed a beat - I love the temperature control on it, and in terms of that it's been fantastic. However at about 2 years in, the 'open' button got stuck down and it's a beast to get the lid open. I haven't replaced the kettle as it cost a lot of money and all the temperature control kettles on the market seem to have similar issues. All the writing wore off the buttons pretty quickly too. It's a pity because it looks good and does what it's supposed to and that's why I gave it four stars, but I wouldn't buy it again and I'm not sure I'd buy another Cuisinart kettle unless they specifically (and vocally) fixed these issues that everyone seems to be having. If I were a first time buyer reading reviews and saw this heavily discounted, I'd buy it because it the temperature control on it is excellent. I really like Cuisinart products so this has been disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Lid keeps failing

I bought this particular kettle spending way too much money, but, thought I would get a great product that would last. My original kettle has been replaced twice. The first one just stopped working, the second one the lid fell apart and the third one which I have now the lid will not even open. Also each of these 3 kettles the writing on the buttons has worn off. I am not even going to contact customer service again about this one, even though they have been very good with replacing the kettles. For the money this kettle costs and the amount of times it has failed I will be looking for another brand. The flimsy design of the lid needs to be addressed.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Excellent kettle. Useful having different temperature options for tea lovers. Super handy keep warm function for when you boil it and don't get around to making your drink straight away! Great shape handle, easy to fill, soft close lid, good volume viewing channel, good size. Just a great quality kettle!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Lid fails on Cuisinart models yet again!

While the design of the Cuisinart models are good they just can't seem to get their lid hinges durable enough to last more than a year or two. This is the second model of Cuisinart kettle we have owned, we treat our appliances well but the lid hinges are not strong enough to last being opened and closed regularly to fill kettle with water. A basic vital function one would have thought! Will not purchase another as they are way too expensive to keep having lids breaking off! Not a happy customer.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Still going strong after a year.

It has been a year since I purchased this kettle. It gets used multiple times throughout the day. I was tossing up between this and the Breville kettle. I ended up choosing this one because of the design. I rotate between drinking green and black teas so an option to choose 80-100 degrees was important.
My only complaint is it gets pretty noisy when boiling, but I think all electric kettles sound noisy. It felt like a premium product when unboxing. It does what is on the package.
As the years roll by, I hope it continues to serve me well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Nice to find a reliable kettle

This kettle is great. We have had it for quite a while. It is used constantly. You can change the temperature that the kettle heats the water to and there is an additional option to set the kettle to keep the water at that temp by reboiling until you need it. These are really handy features and are easily changed or turned off just by pushing a button.
We are very pleased with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

still great 4 years on...

Upgraded to this kettle after a very slow Bodum kettle failed 2 weeks after purchase - 4 years on it is still quick, quiet and shows no wear at all after constant, heavy use.

The only negative is the keep warm function turns on automatically after each use, so if you don't remember to turn it off it will continue to re-boil over and over again to the set temperature of the last use.

Very simple stainless steel design may not turn heads but a good quality kettle.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Not durable

I bought this kettle four years ago assuming it would last a long time. The element has just burnt out. Four years is not good enough for a premium, expensive kettle.

Up to now it has performed satisfactorily. It was reasonably quiet and boiled water quickly. It often did not shut off fast enough and would boil furiously for a minute before switching off. This is not good enough. It should shut off faster.

The variable temperature feature wasn't useful. I used it a handful of times over the four years. Mostly it was just a case of letting the kettle run to a full boil. The keep warm feature was slightly more useful but in the end I didn't use it at all.

The replacement kettle has been ordered and it costs $27. I've had a couple of expensive kettles over the years and they are not worth the money. A cheap kettle will boil water just as well as an expensive one.

Date PurchasedOct 2012