Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable

CPK-17A (Stainless Steel), CPK-17MRA (Red)

Best kettle ever!

We have had this kettle now for about 4 years, and it has worked fantastically. Great temperature control for a wide range of temperatures below 100 deg C plus stay warm feature. No taste and like new even after all these years. Very well made and highly recommended.

Ethelred

EthelredSydney, NSW

Fourth One Failed after Eight Months

Purchased in December 2019.

Chris H

Chris HSydney, NSW

WHAT A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

Purchased in July 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for A$157.00.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable compares to other Electric Kettles

Capblue

CapblueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very reliable

Purchased March 2020
Failed June 2020
Three months life is very poor for a $140 kettle
Pulled out my old $20 Kmart kettle, still going after years of use
Maybe you don’t get what you pay for

Purchased in March 2020 for A$140.00.

Rick

RickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another one bites the dust. Avoid!

Purchased in June 2018 at Dalimores for A$160.00.

Stan

StanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very unreliable

Now on the 4th kettle in 6 years.
Lid failure, electronics failed. Because of the initial cost & inconveniance of claiming on the warranty, it's time Cuisinart made this kettle more reliable.

Purchased in April 2013 at Your Home Depot for A$121.00.

nogood

nogoodSydney Surrounds, NSW

Did not last long

Just after using for a year now does not close and since last week the water leaks from the bottom which makes it too dangerous to use.
I would never buy this brand

Purchased in December 2018 for A$149.00.

hgnisnyl

hgnisnylHunter Region, NSW

Died while store in cupboard.

The kettle itself is great. You can program the temperature you require, and it is easy to use. But like all items today obsolescence is built in, my kettle died while store in cupboard. However my husband is an electrician so I asked him to look at why it had stopped working as it had, had so little use. What had died on the kettle was the power base, on his pulling it apart, he found that the connections had been made to corrode away inside the base. Unrepairable. So much for a quality brand product.

Purchased in March 2011 for A$139.95.

Great...until it dies!

3rd kettle - hope this one does not leak

The kettle itself works amazing - boils quickly and quietly and looks great. About 14 months after purchase, it started leaking. Paid the S&H to return kettle for warranty and a brand new one was shipped to me about 6-8 weeks later. Less than 4 months later, THAT one started leaking and worse than the first time around. I called Customer Service and refused to pay the S&H again (and did not have to argue hard on that point). I will say their Customer Service people are friendly/helpful. Less than 1 week later, I got a new kettle and prepaid postage to return my faulty one. Here's hoping that 3rd time's a charm...

Purchased in August 2017 for A$130.00.

Kathy D

Kathy DNorthern Region, NSW

Very disappointed

Purchased in July 2018 for A$169.00.

Noise Level

Overall very disappointed in this

Purchased in June 2016 for A$129.00.

Sandra W

Sandra WCentral, SA

Unreliable

I have has two of these kettles in 4 years. The first lid wouldn't open after 12 months and then it stopped . As I liked the design I was prepared to buy another. Wrong decision as the replacement died 20 months later

Purchased in October 2017 at Kitchen Warehouse WA for A$165.00.

A G G

A G G

It blew up

My kettle blew up last night with a bang and lots of acrid smoke about 20 - 30 minutes after I had used it. Luckily I was in the same room. Loved it otherwise.

Purchased in December 2016.

Mejico

MejicoCarrum Downs

Good to start with, now piece of junk

Purchased in April 2016 at Myer Online Store for A$129.00.

buyer beware

buyer bewareMelbourne

Had two of these kettles - both leaked.

I purchased the red model initially and it was working fine until after about 12 months it started leaking water. I returned the kettle to Minimax and after waiting about 4 weeks, the kettle was replaced. By this stage, the red model had been discontinued so I was disappointed to accept the stainless steel model in its place - I loved the appearance of the red kettle. Nonetheless, the replacement kettle worked fine until just recently, the same problem developed. The kettle is leaking water again. So, it is going back to Minimax and I will not be accepting a replacement. I have lost confidence in Cuisinart and will not be buying this brand kettle ever again.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
WAH

WAH

Great kettle, but sadly, very unreliable

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Wend0100

Wend0100Castle Hill

Really happy with this kettle!!

I looked at the product reviews before I chose this kettle and bought it 5 weeks ago and so far have not been disappointed!! It lives up to its reviews and my expectations!! I like the fact I can see the water boiling and it’s easy to see water level . It takes around 3 ni s to boil water. The outside of kettle dies get very hot as it’s bouling.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Not happy Jan4

Not happy Jan4Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn't last that long.

This Cuisinart kettle didn't last that long. The kettle stopped working altogether. It would stop and re-start sometimes and then didn't seem to heat properly. The three year warranty covered me for a new replacement. I'm giving four stars because of the very good after sales service and the extended warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Zigy

ZigyMelbourne

Not worth the money

After exchange on the first kettle this one has passed away also.Instead of lasting 2 years it lasted 5 years
Looking at the cost of this kettle it is a premium price made in China, I will not be buying another one will go back to Breville.There plenty of other brands to choose from at better prices

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Ethelred

Ethelredasked

PerfecTemp Programmable CPK-17A (Stainless Steel)

Does anyone know of an organization that tests faulty appliances to see what the problem is with them? Choice? Fair Trading? When I got my first replacement kettle, I opened the faulty one and could see no obvious failure on the electronic board - e.g. nothing was blown. I would be very interested to know if there is a deliberate feature of this particular kettle where it fails after a random number of times being powered on. I thought I was the unluckiest person in the world to have two failures within six months, never mind four within eighteen months. But it seems there are a lot or people out there who have had exactly the same experience with this model. Cuisinart have some explaining to do, in my opinion.

Melba

Melbaasked

PerfecTemp Programmable CPK-17A (Stainless Steel)

Is it completely BPA Free? Is there any plastic at all in the kettle?

brian

There was a review here where the poster stated their electric hot water kettle caught on fire and the plastic melted so I would dare say the kettle has plastic somewhere

Craig W

Craig Wasked

PerfecTemp Programmable

Is this kettle available in Australia?

brian

This is an Australian website so I would dare think this electric hot water kettle is available here in australia however, there's more bad reviews than good reviews so I would recommend don't bother with this dangerous described electric hot water kettle

Get an answer from our members and Cuisinart representatives

Compare both Cuisinart PerfecTemp Programmable
CategoryElectric KettlesElectric Kettles
Price (RRP) A$199.00
Capacity1.7 L1.7 L
Features360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge
Variable Temperatures YesYes
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / FinishStainless SteelRed
Power2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011