GR-4N, GR-4A

DavidGB
DavidGBWestern Australia

Works wonderfully but is too low-powered for some dishes.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Annie
AnnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for bacon & eggs, fish/chicken fillets, perfect steaks/sausages, sandwiches

You must use both heat & reversible plate options to achieve correct heat settings. Accompanying instructions not very clear, but I've successfully cooked juicy steaks as griddle-set to sear-lid closed. Elevate more to drain fat for bacon/sausages (wooden spoon under legs works fine). Too moist to cook most meat with veges, but perfect with chicken/fish fillets. Washes easily, place plates into warm soapy water or into dishwasher. If bulky it's lightweight to move around.

farmgirl
farmgirlSydney, NSW

it's ok for some things

bought this primarily for the waffle making feature, we purchased the waffle plates for it. I've never had another waffle maker so I can't be sure if this is good or bad, but it works well for waffles. i would never consider doing a steak on it, I can't imagine it would get hot enough. I don't see the point of doing bacon and eggs on it, when a frypan will do, but this might be the perfect machine to take on a road trip, or to have in an apartment for singles to use.

+ detachable plates are excellent for cleaning.

- it doesn't clip shut, so it won't store vertically. quite annoying.

Sandwich Presses

Find out how Cuisinart Griddler compares to other Sandwich Presses

Shivon.a
Shivon.a

Love it!

I bought the Griddler a week ago from Costco. I am in love with it. Cooks everything fantastic and super easy to clean as the plates are detachable. Haven't used frypan since. Can't comment on the longevity of the item as I have only had it for a week or their customer service if anything goes wrong. However, it terms of the item functionality and practicality, it's perfect for me :)

Disappointed

I thought this would be the perfect replacement and was excited by removable plates but I'm asking for a refund. Takes far too long to heat, seems to not get hot enough to even do a sandwich efficiently, bread is so dry by time cheese is melted. Pity as it looked and sounded great.