Breville Toast & Melt

4.4

Misbah

MisbahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$99.00.

MLM

MLMBrisbane

Does as expected

I had a Breville sandwich press before this and that lasted over 10 years. Decided to bite the bullet and go with another Breville. Not disappointed at all. It toasts both open faced sandwiches as well as normal sandwiches. Doesn't take too long to warm up either. The non-stick makes it easy to clean up after but I do clean after every use. Been 3 years now and can't complain.

Purchased in July 2017.

Dham P.

Dham P.Sydney, NSW

Wonderful machine, does the job quickly and efficiently

I use it to make sandwiches with a filling and grilled cheese . Feels heavy and well built as opposed to a cheapie Kmart sandwich maker. It is super quick to heat and makes nice crispy sandwich if you leave the sandwich there for sometime as the machine goes on for it's heating up on/off cycles. Non stick coating is excellent and it is easy to clean.

lebron720

lebron720Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great 2 slice sandwich press

Very happy with this purchase. It's compact and light so I can easily pick it up and store it away in the cupboard. It is very quick to heat up and my toasties are done before I've made my coffee. The browning is even on the sandwiches, which is what I like. Quick and easy if you also want to cook your steaks on it too. Very simple to clean. Wish they made the exterior so your fingerprints didn't appear all over it but that's my only issue. Otherwise it also has the adjustable height which many of the cheaper ones don't have. So far so good.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$45.00.

annazianna

annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent sandwich press

This item is great and has lasted over two years already which unfortunately considering the crappy quality of manufacturing today and also serious issues I've had with other Breville products is doing very well. No complaints, it does what it is supposed to and it does it well.

Andrew Nguyen

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Perfect combo: toast and melt

Loved the adjustable height for the sandwiches press. The heating is faster then our previous Sunbeam. I like the cord wrap in the middle (underneath) the appliance, however the cord is a bit short. Not sure if longevity but for now I loved the ideas of toast and melt in one.

Purchased in November 2019.

Cassandra

CassandraIllawarra, NSW

Open Grill function doesn't work well

It makes great toasted sandwiches ,but annoyingly if you want to make more than one (and I find making 2 at a time means one of them won't be cooked properly) you have to turn the machine off and totally let it cool down or the ready light will display early and the second sandwich will not be toasted properly ! The open grill never worked well and after 2 years it is even worse . The ready light turns on well before the cheese is melted on your muffin meaning you have to turn it off and cool the machine half way through cooking and then turn it on again and try again. I have had to do this 3 times just to get the muffin I wanted for lunch done and I'm done with this Breville now !!!

Purchased in February 2017 at David Jones for A$59.00.

faerydoc

faerydocGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great little machine

Just needed a small but good sandwich maker - this is a small one but more than big enough for me. Heats quickly and cooks evenly. Has two non-stick flat plates that are easy to clean. Very happy.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for A$55.00.

Tess

TessMurray Region, NSW

Every home should have one

Have one for 7 years, going strong. Sandwiches, melts, cooking bacon or chicken strips is great. Plates are getting a little worn,time for a new one. Well used and loved.

Purchased in April 2012.

Coops

CoopsHobart, TAS

Great sandwich maker

Replaced another breville grill model which was years old. Happy with the new product, easy to toast anything, cleans easily by wiping and 4 slice makes it easier for larger items.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$64.00.

gizmo7

gizmo7Southwest, VIC

Does what it says on the box.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$67.50.

Terry Zhu

Terry ZhuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very compact design but does the job perfectly

Easy to use, just plug in and switch on the power and there you go.
Heat up or toast, whatever you want done in 1 min.
We love the it as it is compact and won't take up too much of the space.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$55.00.

SamCanberra

Awesome, use it all the time

We bought another one of these after having one for about 7 years which we used on an almost daily basis after the power cord started shorting every now and then. The old one worked perfectly for years and the latest one seems to be just as good, doesn't burn the outside of your bread like some sandwich presses do

Date PurchasedMay 2011
ReneeAndSam

ReneeAndSamGoonellabah

We use this everyday!

We had one of these for about 5 years and it’s still going strong, we just moved and had to leave it behind with our housemates, so we bought another one for our new house! It’s a must have!! Fool proof. Just turn it on and wait for the green light. You can set it to a particular height too. We cook so much stuff in since we don’t have an oven or hot plate at the moment. We use it for bacon and eggs, sausages, chicken, crunchy toast, sliced vegetables like zucchini and sweet potato... the list goes on!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Tina England

Tina England

Kitchen Must Have

Can't go past a toasted sandwich or a melt.
This device gives you cafe standard sandwiches.
Quick and easy. Everyone loves a toasties!
Would highly recommend.
Got a great discount at The Good Guys Alexandria. Always ask for their best price they always give you a better price than the displayed price.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Rhian

RhianMarcoola

Ensure you get a product like this one with a floating hinge!

Previously we had a Brefille machine which produced toasties only. When it came to replacing it after years a servic , a friend advised us to pay a little extra and purchase a Toast and Melt that incorporated a floating hinge. This proved excellent advice. The hinge enables us to make toasties and open melts of different heights and types with ease. The teenager in the household and his friends can easily make different creations themselves - an instant solution to after school hunger pangs or a quick lunch. We have a number of Breville products in our home and they always give a high degree of satisfaction.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Shiyne

ShiynePerth, WA

Fast sandwich toaster

Bought this model after our old one kept setting off the safety switch. Was about 10 years old so was still pretty happy with past purchase. This upgraded model has two flat plates which is better than the old grill plate. Heats up really quickly and toasts really evenly. Being able to lock the hinge at different heights is great to avoid squashing all the filling out of the sandwich when only toasting one. No need to lock the hinge when toasting four. Great appliance.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Anna

AnnaMelbourne

Good sandwich maker

I use this most mornings at breakfast time. It heats quickly, cooks evenly and overall I am impressed with it. Hopefully it lasts a long time. I am little nervous about the longevity given that I have had three other small Breville appliances that failed within a year, but if it continues to cook as well as it has then I would be happy to recommend this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I didn't know I could cook

I didn't know I could cook at all until I got this now I can cook ANYTHING i on this I made bacon and eggs ON A SANDWICH PRESS! and than made it into A SANDWICH!....WITH CHEESE!. It's the best thing to have if you live on a budget this is for you easy to clean and use

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Laura Wells

Laura WellsMelbourne

The best kitchen appliance I own!

I was in the need of a new sandwich press and this is hands down the best product I have in my kitchen.

I cook every day on it! From chicken to grilled sandwiches, pancakes and pikelets, sausages! This product does it all.

I bought at David Jones for $75? Best investment I’ve made.

Date PurchasedMar 2018