Breville Toast & Melt

Breville Toast & Melt

BSG220, BSG520 and BSG540 (4 Slice)

Great sandwich maker

Replaced another breville grill model which was years old. Happy with the new product, easy to toast anything, cleans easily by wiping and 4 slice makes it easier for larger items.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $64.00.

Does what it says on the box.

This is a really good sandwich press. It is solidly built, well designed and makes a great toastie.

Its best feature is the variable height adjustment, you set the slide at the right to the thickness you want, and the top half of the press can't drop any lower than your set height. It means your toastie is "pressed" but not "squashed." I used to have a cheap Aldi press that worked OK but had no height control, the darker it toasted, the flatter your sandwich. The Breville Toast & Met makes it "just right" every time.

The other advantage is, as it has a higher power heating element, you don't need to butter the outside of the sandwich. Just make the sandwich and put it in the toaster, the hotplates are hot enough to brown the bread without needing to butter the bread. This means lower fat sandwiches and less mess to clean up.

I occasionally use it to cook other things, it does great salmon fillets - place a piece of baking paper on the lower plate, add your salmon fillets, then another piece of baking paper over the top. Set the height adjustment so the top plate is resting on the fish fillet but not squashing it down. The result is perfectly cooked salmon fillets.

I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $67.50.

Very compact design but does the job perfectly

Easy to use, just plug in and switch on the power and there you go.
Heat up or toast, whatever you want done in 1 min.
We love the it as it is compact and won't take up too much of the space.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $55.00.

Awesome, use it all the time

We bought another one of these after having one for about 7 years which we used on an almost daily basis after the power cord started shorting every now and then. The old one worked perfectly for years and the latest one seems to be just as good, doesn't burn the outside of your bread like some sandwich presses do

Date PurchasedMay 2011

We use this everyday!

We had one of these for about 5 years and it’s still going strong, we just moved and had to leave it behind with our housemates, so we bought another one for our new house! It’s a must have!! Fool proof. Just turn it on and wait for the green light. You can set it to a particular height too. We cook so much stuff in since we don’t have an oven or hot plate at the moment. We use it for bacon and eggs, sausages, chicken, crunchy toast, sliced vegetables like zucchini and sweet potato... the list goes on!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Kitchen Must Have

Can't go past a toasted sandwich or a melt.
This device gives you cafe standard sandwiches.
Quick and easy. Everyone loves a toasties!
Would highly recommend.
Got a great discount at The Good Guys Alexandria. Always ask for their best price they always give you a better price than the displayed price.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ensure you get a product like this one with a floating hinge!

Previously we had a Brefille machine which produced toasties only. When it came to replacing it after years a servic , a friend advised us to pay a little extra and purchase a Toast and Melt that incorporated a floating hinge. This proved excellent advice. The hinge enables us to make toasties and open melts of different heights and types with ease. The teenager in the household and his friends can easily make different creations themselves - an instant solution to after school hunger pangs or a quick lunch. We have a number of Breville products in our home and they always give a high degree of satisfaction.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Fast sandwich toaster

Bought this model after our old one kept setting off the safety switch. Was about 10 years old so was still pretty happy with past purchase. This upgraded model has two flat plates which is better than the old grill plate. Heats up really quickly and toasts really evenly. Being able to lock the hinge at different heights is great to avoid squashing all the filling out of the sandwich when only toasting one. No need to lock the hinge when toasting four. Great appliance.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good sandwich maker

I use this most mornings at breakfast time. It heats quickly, cooks evenly and overall I am impressed with it. Hopefully it lasts a long time. I am little nervous about the longevity given that I have had three other small Breville appliances that failed within a year, but if it continues to cook as well as it has then I would be happy to recommend this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I didn't know I could cook

I didn't know I could cook at all until I got this now I can cook ANYTHING i on this I made bacon and eggs ON A SANDWICH PRESS! and than made it into A SANDWICH!....WITH CHEESE!. It's the best thing to have if you live on a budget this is for you easy to clean and use

Date PurchasedMay 2018

The best kitchen appliance I own!

I was in the need of a new sandwich press and this is hands down the best product I have in my kitchen.

I cook every day on it! From chicken to grilled sandwiches, pancakes and pikelets, sausages! This product does it all.

I bought at David Jones for $75? Best investment I’ve made.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Keep on toasting

I am so happy with my choice of Breville BSG220. It's even cooking temperature allows everyone eats at the same time. Easy to clean with storage a breeze. Simply wipe over after cooking.The chrome finish looks classy, shinning up well with a damp cloth and a towel to add shine.The on/off red/green icons reminds one to turn off the unit when finished.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Disappointed

This was by far the best Christmas present I had ever gotten. So useful in the kitchen. You can use it to cook a variety of different things, homemade chicken schnitzel being my all time fav.
However I used it this morning just to make some toast for breaky and not long after being switched on I could smell burning. I lifted it up and my toast was stuck to the top and was charred all on one side and completely black. I re put more bread in and the exact same thing happened. I then switched it off and on again and it won't work at all now. Pity it is a month after a years warranty. So disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Excellent Sandwich press

I love my breville BSG520 sandwich press.I bought it from MYER when it was 20% off and after that use regularly. As a busy mom It help me to make all our breakfast and lunch very quickly. It perfectly fit into large size bread and can make open melted sandwiches too.Quick heat up and easy cleaning is plus points.

Fantastic product

I have the Breville Toast & Melt 4-Slice Sandwich Press and it’s excellent great for a family and you can do so much more then just toast sandwiches, I’ve done eggplant, zucchini and haloumi cheese they have turned out delicious. Easy to use, really easy to store thanks to the upright position legs and a breeze to clean thanks to the non stick plates. Highly reccomend

Great product!

Breville Toast & Melt 4-Slice Sandwich Press is a great product. Perfect size for a family of 4. We use it regularly. from toasted sandwiches, to pizzas, to pita bread wraps, or re-heating pastry items, like pies, spring rolls, sausage rolls.
Very easy to use and non-stick interior finish is even easier to clean, I just give it wipe with a damp sponge after each use. Stainless steel finish shows prints and needs a good wipe to keep clean.Cord can be wound around under base for easy storage.

Extremely slow to melt

Purchased for our small 4 staff lunch room. It toasts ok, but the melt function is almost useless. Have tried repeatedly & even after 10 minutes heat up time, it does not melt the cheese unless you drop the top plate onto it & then, obviously, the cheese sticks! The issue could be that the top plate does not lie flat when on "melt". It sits on an angle. Very disappointed that it takes my lunch break to make a melt! It is also very, very heavy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great toastie toastie maker!

My previous Breville lasted over 10 years and I hope this one lasts just as long. Early days to determine longevity on this one but so far it behaves well and seems to be of a similar quality. Main difference is that the unit squeaks slightly as you open and close. Interestingly, the display did the same. Obviously this will not affect the quality of the toastie so a very minor issue that could be improved.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A toast to the best press - Highly recommended

I decided to upgrade to a 4 slice press, the old 2 slice sunbeam looked like it need replacing. The four slice i decided to buy as work has one on site which i always used to make my morning breakfast toasties. This press is medium sized, beware that it is hard to store unless you have alot of cupboard space, however mine has found a nice place on my kitchen bench. Its so easy to use you can have breakfast all wrapped up in foil and then press and heat up you food in minutes, the only downside to these machines is that there is no dedicated on and off switch which means that i constantly need to switch it off at the powerpoint. the best feature about this is that you can set the level of the floating hinge, that way you dont end up with a super flat cheese toastie. 5 stars for this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

This is a wonderful stuff to making the toast sandwich!

I love this machine,make tasty toast sandwiches in a minute,can fry the eggs can cook the pancake prefect !
Kids love the food it made! Brought it in Harvey Norman when half year cleaning with a good price! Maybe you can find it can cook more food in your way!

Date PurchasedJun 2017