5Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with Compressor

Indrek Pernik
Indrek PernikSydney, NSW5 posts
AnnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts
  ICE-100BCXA

Did not cool the ice cream

Followed all directions, tried simple & custard style of ice cream from the recipe book. The machine did not cool the mixture. Sent it back for a full refund. So disappointed, now I’ve lost faith in ice cream makers. But I still want one, that works! Show details
rick
rickGippsland, VIC

Will not churn

Have had this ice cream maker for a few years. does not get a lot of use. Freezer works fine, but often it wont churn. Have take bottom off and check all nuts and tension. Put it back together and try again. Sometimes it will work, but recently it fails to work. The motor is running, but it is not spinning the churn mechanism.  Show details
BrendaPerth, WA17 posts
  Verified ICE-100A

Unreliable

Still having issues. After sales service is unsatisfactory. Have to send the machine to NSW (at no cost to me) to be assessed, repaired or replaced. I wanted my money back. After reading more reviews I don’t trust the machine. For the cost I expected it would be able to make great ice cream. Show details
Brenda

Don’t buy this machine, I’m still trying to sort it out. It’s been quite awhile now. Waste of money!

john c.
john c.11 posts

Rubbish

I have experimented with different recipes and my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker will only produce sloppy soup and has so far turned out to be nothing more than a very expensive paddle mixer with ice cream recipes that do not work. Waste of my money.
Ian
IanPerth, WA5 posts

First time unlucky!

I just received my Cuisinart ice cream maker delivered by Myer. Kept it upright for 24 hours before the first use. Tried to make ice cream today and the machine started smoking. Horrible burning plastic smell and the machine turned off. Needless to say it didn’t make any ice cream! Will take it straight back to Myer for a refund.

Part Two

So I went to Myer and swapped it for a new one, same make and model. Took it home and made ice cream. Got a surprise when the cooling fan started as this didn’t happen with the first machine which was clearly a dud. Anyway it made really good ice cream really fast so fingers crossed.

Henry
Henry Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  ICE-100BCA
BrendaPerth, WA17 posts
  Ice Cream Maker with Compressor

Disappointed

Purchased from Appliances on line. I am very disappointed with the machine, it does not make satisfactory ice cream. The mixture is too runny and it does nothing more than stir the mix. And then you have to freeze it otherwise you can drink it.

Cuisinart
Cuisinart   DM

Thank you for your review, can you please kindly call customer service on 1800650263 so we can assist further.

Blixicat
BlixicatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Verified ICE-100BCXA
Love cooking
Love cookingRichmond-Tweed, NSW16 posts
  ICE-100A

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

This machine has exceeded my expectations in spades! So quick and simple to whip up amazing icecream without needing to freeze a bowl overnight as you do with the models which don’t have their own compressor. Simple to use, easy to clean, just love this machine to bits! I’ll never buy icecream again! Show details
Canberra Shopper
Canberra ShopperCanberra 2600, ACT21 posts
  ICE-100A
Readybluedragon
ReadybluedragonMelbourne26 posts
  ICE-100BCXA

Never going back to bought ice-cream

Unfortunately it took me several months to open my purchase (health reasons took priority). Have made vanilla ice-cream a couple of times now - absolutely delicious. Tonight I made chocolate ice-cream - to die for.

Cuisinart deserve a gold medal. No problems whatsoever - easy, easy and you will never go back to bought ice-cream when you have this! No nasties - have bought some ice-cream cookbooks to expand my repetoire. The booklet that comes with it has heaps of recipes too.

If you love ice-cream - you will love it!! No regrets at all -

only that it took me 8 months to use!!

Edy S
Edy SPerth, WA34 posts
Maggie
MaggieParkinson Qld16 posts

Delicately eaten

So creamy, needs to be eaten delicately, no need to rush...Take your time, small spoon, with a grilled peach and ginger syrup drizzled on top and enjoy the total experience. Looking forward to getting to know one another this summer. Have yet to try sorbet and gelato. Christmas will be its testing time!

Monique D.
Monique D. · Ice Cream Maker with Compressor

I have tried to use the very first recipe in the booklet and ice cream never froze after several hours. Remained very watery. No sign of any freezing occurring. What is wrong please?

Ann

Mine didn’t work either, I followed all the directions. I sent it back for a refund. Hope you have better luck.

Danielle Mc · Ice Cream Maker with Compressor ICE-100BCXA

On my first attempt at making ice-cream I was only able to get a soupy mix. I then placed the mixture in the fridge overnight and when I tried to churn it the machine turns on but it will not churn - my husband is an engineer and he can’t work out why the compressor turns on but the paddle won’t churn. I can’t believe I have spent $500 on this machine and have had such a bad experience- will be contacting the customer service people tomorrow- very very disappointed with this product!

Danielle Mc

I think I might try for a refund - just so disappointed with the product

Julie J.
Julie J. · Ice Cream Maker with Compressor

My ice cream maker will not turn. The motor is running but not turning. I have only had it 1 year.

Compare all Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with Compressor listings