Danielle

DanielleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

More of a headache than it's worth

I have uploaded the same bill many times to try and get it to work. I've zoomed in so it can be read clearly, made it fully visible and all the details required including bank details but I keep getting messages saying it can't be "deferred" as information is missing (ie bank details). It's very frustrating. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops to try and get it approved.

Jonnydeferit

Hey Danielle, just following up if you have had a chance to contact us? Would love to resolve this and get that bill deferred for you if we can :)

Cynthia R.

Cynthia R.Perth, WA

Saved my bacon many of times

I started using deferit last year after my hours got cut due to covid. Would like to say this service is brilliant. Thank you soo much for being able to let me pay alot of my bills on time. Just would love to have a bit more credit. But I know that will come with time

Jonnydeferit

Thanks for the kind words Cynthia. Give it some time - more balance will become available the more you use Deferit :)

Kelly

KellyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love Deferit

I have been using Deferit for last 3 years and absolutely recommend them, they are fast service, and customer care is 100 %. Love this company so much and they have saved me many, many times. I thoroughly recommend anyone to use them as they are the best you will ever find ❤️❤️

Jonnydeferit

Thanks Kelly, it's really great to get that feedback! We love having you as a customer :)

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Very Easy to setup and use

I recently started using deferit for my electricity bills to make it a bit more affordable. You don’t have to put the full bill amount, but just what you want to pay as long as it’s within the limit you’ve been granted. It’s easy to use, and makes budgeting just that little bit easier. I’ll probably use it for my other bills such as rego as they come up too. Cheers, Ben

Jonnydeferit

Thanks for the feedback Ben :)

Wasteland

WastelandSydney, NSW

It's now my favourite finance app

I've recently just signed up to deferit and it has already saved me, as I had multiple bills that came in all at once.

I HIGHLY HIGHLYYYY recommend using this service, if you have any issues paying a bill all at once.

Jonnydeferit

Great to get that feedback, thank you so much!

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Registration

Are you suffering for my registration all the time fantastic has been a great thing for me always helps me out it’s better than having to come up with the full amount straight away

Jonnydeferit

Great to hear we helped John :)

Eriilbaby

EriilbabySouthwest, VIC

Amazing!

Deferit you have helped me pay off my overdue gas bill and 3 of my car registration. I have referred you to many low income earners and they love you! I love how you increase my credit when I pay in time.

Jonnydeferit

Great to hear and thanks for the feedback, we love having you as a customer!

Suki

SukiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap.

Can't use if you have bad credit. Doesn't make sense really isn't that the whole point of this idea? Was hopeful reading the other reviews and then got deined my application at the end.

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What do you mean no interest charged?

Deferit is a great way to help pay for those bills when funds are a bit low. So quick and easy, however I do feel like I’m paying a bit of interest on top of them. I had a bill paid which come to $71.05. My first instalment was $18.24 and the other 3 were $18.23 if I am correct that totals to $72.93. Please explain this. It’s happened to all my bills but just using this one as an example.

Michelle

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn’t sure on what that bit was going towards, in that case I would like to take back my 4 stars and give a 5 :)

Jonnydeferit

Thanks Michelle, a 4 is still pretty good!

Mara

Mara

Improved My Credit Rating

I began using Deferit with a bad credit rating due to always being late on bills. I recently lost my job due to COVID and Deferit has allowed me to continue paying my bills on time, making them more affordable with the fortnightly repayments and has majorly improved my credit rating.

Thanks Deferit :)

Jonnydeferit

Great to hear that we are helping Mara!

Val

ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely brilliant product

Have been using Deferit for the last few months & it is wonderful. No problems whatsoever. Thank-you Deferit, your service is great. Keeps everything up to date & can easily budget now.

Jonnydeferit

Thanks Val, great to hear!

Pfilly75

Pfilly75

so thankful for your services!

I have used deferit on and off for the past year and honestly, I am beyond happy with your services. quick response, quick payment, and repayments are affordable! Thank you Deferit for getting me out of late fees and enabling me to rest easy knowing that when the funds are low, Deferit will save my bacon! Your website is so easy to use, and you reward good clients with higher limits...perfect for when my rego comes round every 6 months! for the low fee of 5.99 I recommend Deferit to everyone!!!!!!

Jonnydeferit

Great to hear, thanks for being such an awesome customer :)

Fred S.

Fred S.Perth, WA

all I can say is I am happy with their service I have been using the service for awhile now.

all I can say is I am happy with their service I have been using the service for a while now. it's really good for managing my cashflow. The customer service heroes are very quick to respond to your query and is very helpful. Thank you again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Fred

Thanks Fred :)

George P

George PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy after a shaky start

I decided to give Deferit a try with a small bill. The app is supposed to read the bill you upload to determine the bill. Mine was a Telstra bill where the amount owing was in large text. The App read the small GST amount and charged that amount plus the $5.99 monthly fee.

There is an option to type in the amount you wish to pay, I advise anyone who does utilise the app to do so.

I received a message to say my credit had been deactivated and to email customer service to have the issue investigated.

There was a bit of miscommunication back and forth but eventually all was explained and corrected.

Jonnydeferit

Glad we could sort it out for you :)

Ben JSydney, NSW

Damn good if you ask me, except they try their DD's one hour too early

Haven't had any problems with these guys, helps to keep my bills paid on time when things get rough. On payday I submit a bill, then as soon as its accepted I manually pay the first installment to get it out of the way. Keeps my budget in check. Sadly they try to debit the next fortnightly payment on the correct date (a fortnight later), an hour too early - they do it at 10, my money goes in at 11. Its not a real issue, as I manually go in and pay one, sometimes two (if I can afford it) payments at one time, clearing the arrears and putting me ahead.

Otherwise a good service, and I highly recommend them.

Jonnydeferit

Hi Ben, great to hear and thanks for the feedback! Just a friendly tip: you can move your repayment dates so if there is a timing difference on payday - feel free to move your deferit payment to the next day!!

dwaine

dwaine

rectifying my WRONG review

A couple if days ago made a mistake by writing a BAD? review! in relation to filling out the forms in particular birthdateI have cancel that review and have to add Deferit were very good about it.... a sign of good business/client relationship.

Rachel

RachelAdelaide

From Brilliant to Disappointing!

I’ve used Deferit for a while and have absolutely loved the service and have had no problems. However, a bill accepted 3 times before is suddenly no longer supported and can’t be paid. It wouldn’t have bothered me had it not been approved from the get go, I wouldn’t have continued with a private arrangement for childcare. Now just a fortnight since the last accepted bill, im stressed out trying to now figure out how to come up with the full payment. I feel totally blind sighted! As a regular user of the service, I had no idea it was possible for an accepted bill to suddenly become not supported.

Kristofer R.

Kristofer R.South East Queensland, QLD

These guys are pathetic

Deferit is by far the worst thing ever, I was using to help pay my phone bills but not any more. The wont increase your limit even tho you are paying off the account and the payment is all most done. I used Deferit for a second time to pay my next month phone bill and my limit wouldn't increase. I sent them an email asking why and they said I have to put in money in order to increase my limit. What's the point of putting money in if you are all ready paying them money and have all most finished paying of the previous round of 4 fortnightly payments. I'm never ever going to recommend these guys to any of friends and family.

Jay L.

Jay L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pointless at times

You can pay rego but you can’t pay a fine, you can’t pay a medical bill nor can you pay your rent. I’m finding it pointless as I don’t have bills that I can use it for. I think it’ll just be easier to use zip pay as they do the exact same thing and use Afterpay for purchases to free up that money for bills.
I think they’re good but I feel that they can be so much better but at the moment it’s not for me.

Grant T.

Grant T.

Highly recommended - long time user

Have been using deferit for years - first tried it in early 2018 and have been a customer ever since! Have gotten lots of family and friends onto the service too.

TeAroha T.

TeAroha T.asked

Hello my name is Teah so do we get a loan and pay you back in 4 payments, then what happens after that?

Jonnydeferit

Hey Teah! We're not a loaning service so we don't loan any cash. Instead, when you sign up you're given an account balance to use to defer bills! We pay your bill upfront and in full, and you pay us back in 4 fortnightly instalments. This ensures that your bill gets paid on time whilst giving you the option to pay it back over a period of time that suits you :)

Feel free to get in touch if you had further questions, or check out this article on our helpdesk for more info on how Deferit works: https://help.deferit.com.au/hc/en-au/categories/360004598654-How-it-works

Paul F.

Paul F.asked

Where can I use it to pay my bills?
" Diferit " ......

Jonnydeferit

All our bills are looked at case-by-case so it is difficult to give an exact list of the types of bills that we take care of but we specialise in bills from registrations, insurance, utilities, vet bills, educational bills, and so many more! There are a few bills (such as rent or loan repayments) that we don't support and you can read more about this here at https://help.deferit.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/360056276474-What-bills-can-I-defer-

We're always happy to have a look at your bill for you if you wanted further clarification, so feel free to get in touch with our Customer Heroes at contact@deferit.com.au :)

When you're ready with your bill, you can head to the website (https://deferit.com.au/signup) or download the app to create an account. From here, you can upload your bills to be deferred and manage all your payments on our platform!

Renee T.

Renee T.asked

Can I pay rent with deferit with bpay code

Jonnydeferit

Hey Renee, there are certain bills that we don't support and this includes rent, but if you had another bill that was currently due please let us take a look for you instead!

You can visit our help desk at https://help.deferit.com.au to find out more about what types of bills we specialise in, or reach out to our Customer Heroes at contact@deferit.com.au :-)

Get an answer from our members and deferit representatives

Other Budgeting Services