4.2

Amber.w

Amber.wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible scamming service. Unprofessional.

Would give zero stars if I could. Taken my money and the bill had never been paid, was on the phone all day to the service I tried to use with, There was no proof or any records of any payment paid by them. On the phone to the bank disputing this. They refuse the refund but provide no proof of them paying the bill on their behalf. Have been trying to get a refund for weeks but no progress. DO NOT USE THIS SITE UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY.

George P

George PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy after a shaky start

I decided to give Deferit a try with a small bill. The app is supposed to read the bill you upload to determine the bill. Mine was a Telstra bill where the amount owing was in large text. The App read the small GST amount and charged that amount plus the $5.99 monthly fee.

There is an option to type in the amount you wish to pay, I advise anyone who does utilise the app to do so.

I received a message to say my credit had been deactivated and to email customer service to have the issue investigated.

There was a bit of miscommunication back and forth but eventually all was explained and corrected.

Jonnydeferit

Glad we could sort it out for you :)

Ben JSydney, NSW

Damn good if you ask me, except they try their DD's one hour too early

Haven't had any problems with these guys, helps to keep my bills paid on time when things get rough. On payday I submit a bill, then as soon as its accepted I manually pay the first installment to get it out of the way. Keeps my budget in check. Sadly they try to debit the next fortnightly payment on the correct date (a fortnight later), an hour too early - they do it at 10, my money goes in at 11. Its not a real issue, as I manually go in and pay one, sometimes two (if I can afford it) payments at one time, clearing the arrears and putting me ahead.

Otherwise a good service, and I highly recommend them.

Jonnydeferit

Hi Ben, great to hear and thanks for the feedback! Just a friendly tip: you can move your repayment dates so if there is a timing difference on payday - feel free to move your deferit payment to the next day!!

rectifying my WRONG review

A couple if days ago made a mistake by writing a BAD? review! in relation to filling out the forms in particular birthdateI have cancel that review and have to add Deferit were very good about it.... a sign of good business/client relationship.

Rachel

RachelAdelaide

From Brilliant to Disappointing!

I’ve used Deferit for a while and have absolutely loved the service and have had no problems. However, a bill accepted 3 times before is suddenly no longer supported and can’t be paid. It wouldn’t have bothered me had it not been approved from the get go, I wouldn’t have continued with a private arrangement for childcare. Now just a fortnight since the last accepted bill, im stressed out trying to now figure out how to come up with the full payment. I feel totally blind sighted! As a regular user of the service, I had no idea it was possible for an accepted bill to suddenly become not supported.

Kristofer R.

Kristofer R.South East Queensland, QLD

These guys are pathetic

Deferit is by far the worst thing ever, I was using to help pay my phone bills but not any more. The wont increase your limit even tho you are paying off the account and the payment is all most done. I used Deferit for a second time to pay my next month phone bill and my limit wouldn't increase. I sent them an email asking why and they said I have to put in money in order to increase my limit. What's the point of putting money in if you are all ready paying them money and have all most finished paying of the previous round of 4 fortnightly payments. I'm never ever going to recommend these guys to any of friends and family.

Jay L.

Jay L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pointless at times

You can pay rego but you can’t pay a fine, you can’t pay a medical bill nor can you pay your rent. I’m finding it pointless as I don’t have bills that I can use it for. I think it’ll just be easier to use zip pay as they do the exact same thing and use Afterpay for purchases to free up that money for bills.
I think they’re good but I feel that they can be so much better but at the moment it’s not for me.

Grant T.

Grant T.

Highly recommended - long time user

Have been using deferit for years - first tried it in early 2018 and have been a customer ever since! Have gotten lots of family and friends onto the service too.

karyn davidson

karyn davidsonhorsham

Simply the best

Recommend to all my clients such agreat concept customer service is fantastic and I honestly can't say anything bad about the whole idea awesome for those that want to sort out finances

Thank you Karyn!

BRL80

BRL80South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute lifesavers

Seriously, Deferit has been an absolute lifesaver. This is how I pay many of my bills when I know that I will be short for that week. I try to budget as much as I can but sometimes it becomes difficult on a one income family. I have also encouraged others to use your service, there is no need to stress about bills when Deferit is available, and for such a low cost each month when you have bills active. Love the service and love the concept.

Jonnydeferit

Amazing feedback! Thank you so much and we're glad we are helping. Have a good Easter long weekend :)

Rosetta R.

Rosetta R.Hunter Region, NSW

Not what I expected!

So being stuck for bills was stressing me out and someone told me about deferit. I was unsure about it but decided to give it a go anyway. They have taken so much stress off my shoulders by helping with my bill! 100% will use again!

Jonnydeferit

Rosetta thanks so much for the review, and glad to hear that we helped :) Awesome to hear the feedback!

ron_simkins

ron_simkins

Another way to decimate your credit file.

Whilst the idea is good in theory , when will these companies realise that performing a credit check for essential bills sub $500 looks quite bad on your credit file.

Imagine applying for a home loan and the loan assessor sees a credit check for deferit, he or she will likely file your application in the closest document shredder as they will wonder why you cant afford the light bill etc.

In fairness to deferit, he fees are very fair compared to the other BNPL schemes.

Laura

LauraVictoria

So Good!

Amazing! Makes paying bills so much easier for people who can’t afford to fork out hundreds at once. Makes budgeting so easy and more affordable! 110% recommend! I use it all the time!

smok

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

What a brilliant idea.

I signed up to test out deferit. I uploaded a small bill of around $120 just to trial the service, and all I can say is what a bloody fantastic idea. Sure you might pay an extra $10 in fees, but for those of us that find it difficult to pay a power bill etc on time, especially around times of Xmas etc, this service is gonna be the afterpay of bills. I've made my first payment, and it's just like a buy now pay later service, only for billing. Thanks for coming up with a service that's going to assist Aussies to keep ontop of their bills.

Jonnydeferit

Amazing to get that feedback, thank you so much :)

Extremely easy way to pay your bills

I have been using it for more than a year now. It is great. An extremely easy way to pay your bills, especially with the smartphone app. Helps you manage your bill expenses.
Marek

Jonnydeferit

Great to hear Marek! Thanks for the feedback :)

Peter J

Peter JAdelaide

Awesome service

I have been using Deferit for a couple of months and loving it , makes life so much easier to pay bills , thank you for making life easier Deferit a good budgeting tool also , definitely recommend this service

Jonnydeferit

Peter thanks so much for the kind words :) We love that we're helping as a good budgeting tool!

Trent W.Perth, WA

Cannot fault Deferit

Jonnydeferit

Trent, when we see reviews like this, it reaffirms our mission on why we started deferit. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review and for being such an awesome customer!!

Trent W.

You are so welcome. Keep up the great work and helping out those as you do. Lifesavers!

Steph W

Steph WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely love this service

Loving deferit . Super easy to use bills are paid quick . Very convenient for your pay on time electricity & gas discounts. Saves forking
Out hundreds for bills at a time . 4 easy repayments highly recommend .

Jonnydeferit

Thanks Steph, we love to hear that feedback! Have an awesome weekend :)

SMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for Bills, but be aware there is no clear cut definition of bills they support

Amulya V.

Amulya V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awesome service

I used this loved it and paid few bills the experience was great if we pay the instalment amounts on time I think we will not have any issues
Great customer service experience aswell always answered my queries

Jonnydeferit

Thanks Amulya, we really appreciate the review :)

jake t.

jake t.asked

Can I pay bills without bpay reference and just their bank details ?

Jonnydeferit

Hi Jake, we do support bank transfer bills however if you are a new customer this feature is generally only made available once you have done a few bills with us. Let us know if you have any further questions :)

Jamie H.

Jamie H.asked

Can this service be used for registration or green slip insurance

Ben J

Yeah so long as your bill has a bpay thingo on it like most do (electric, gas, phone) it should be doable.

Barb19asked

Hello is it $5:99 per bill or $5:99 all up no matter how many bills? And if I start on say 28 for my first one will I need to pay another $5:99 on the 1st?

Jonnydeferit

Hey Barb, it's $5.99 for as many bills up to your limit! If you pay off all the bills by say the 28th (as per your example) - there will be no $5.99 fee on the 1st of the next month. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Barb19

Sorry I meant if I started tomorrow and paid my first payment + $5:99 fee would I have to pay another on the 1st of Oct or the next one on the 1st of Nov? And what is our limit for bills

Jonnydeferit

Hi Barb, no there would be no $5.99 fee on the 1st of Oct for you in that case. New customers are generally given a $300-$500 account balance. This means we can pay as many bills as you want up to your balance. Your balance increases the more you successfully use the service and go up to $2000!

Get an answer from our members and deferit representatives

Other Budgeting Services