3.9 from 1,358 reviews

Pros

• Interest-free repayments and no establishment fees for ZipPay (maximum $1,000 account limit)

• 3 month interest-free period for ZipMoney (minimum $1,000 account limit)

• Flexible payment plans - set up weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to suit your schedule

Cons

• $6 Monthly Account Fee if you have a balance

• $5 ZipPay / $15 ZipMoney Late Fee if you've made no repayments within 21 days of the due date

• 1.5% payment processing fee if you use Zip to pay bills

• Minimum $40 monthly repayment required

• Conducts credit checks during applicatiopn; will affect your credit score if you default on payments

3.9

1,358 reviews
  • Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Lola

LolaSydney, NSW

It’s super convenient, until you have an issue..

Keller B.

Keller B.South East Queensland, QLD

They like to lie

Signed up for 3k and I needed more so then I called and got told that I would be able to access the full amount strait away, I just had to get the company I was buying off a robotic order (was only wanting half of the full amount) and when I signed up I got told I can only use $1000 until I buy something and pay it off for 6 months. Only then they can review your account again to maybe get the amount I applied for

Kevin

Kevin

Great to use BUT hard to talk to!

I have had a pending amount on the account for over 18 months despite 4 or 5 attempts to have them clear it they say they can't unless the merchant removes it; Problem been the merchant knows nothing about the pending amount! Come on people get your acts together please.

Seamless and Interest Free Works Perfectly

Love this product. So easy to use and set-up. Set you payment terms and enjoy the interest free purchase. Can't wait to keep using Zip Pay to keep saving me money.

IbelongMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Zippyyy day

Great zippy doo daaa zippy day. Shop Til ya drop. Zippyyy dooo daaa zippyyy day. Love it. Great customer service . Never let me down. Go for it no credit issues. Interest free too. Happy days?..

Application Process

sarah this one is for you !!

@sarah This is just for you !! I don't have use any of these BNPL apps yet but was curious about reviews then I saw your review on totally winging about their technical incompetency or whatever... But looks like you are the one really incompetent here who didn't know the difference and went on to complete full application for two different products.. I am not associated with zip or anything but I just had to step in.. You are funny sarah.. get checked,,

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Like any other fast money and credit card service provider.

Approval declined recently to buy a much needed fridge just over $2k, despite our credit history with these knombes the past 3yrs with auto payments greater than the min monthly payment prior to due date and a credit rating of 820. Cya....account cancelled from a dissatisfied individual.

Khal

KhalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst payment method to create and account to (user unfriendly)

I have been trying to create and use this pay now for a while. 3 weeks on and I still don't have an account.

I tried creating and account multiple times and still don't have access.
After trying for a couple of weeks, I went and created an Afterpay account and it was seamless.
I have been using Afterpay until now.
However, I bought Zipco shares and thought I should give Zip another try only to go though the same agony once again.

I now know why the Zip shares are under performing.
My partner and a friend also tried to create accounts only to and in disappointment.
Now I can see why Afterpay shares sky rocketed whilst Zip shares are ending in loss.
I am definitely selling my shares and investing in Afterpay.

Michael P.

Michael P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK but one major gripe.

In all it’s an OK system, however, I HATE how you have to make your minimum payment on a set day. I want to make payments of more than my minimum payment regularly but don’t because I want to ensure I pay on the day required. And they know this. If 50% of people are on direct debit and 50% of the remainder forget to pay their minimum amount on the EXACT day, not before, ZIP get to charge 25% of their customers penalties. I find that predatory and unfair. I’d like to see them allow minimum payment anytime before the due date.

Sam S.

Sam S.Sydney, NSW

Waste of time

Good luck getting approved with ZIP.
Tried to get approved 10 months ago with no black Marks and a very good credit score, but for some reason was refused, fair enough.
Have tried again today with a now excellent credit score, still no black Marks or late payments against me and STILL been refused!
Not sure exactly what ZIPS lending criteria is but its seems like a joke. I am sure I will receive the same generic response from ZIP saying how they are practicing responsible lending and to check my credit score etc etc, it's been checked and I have a perfect credit score!
From now on going to stick to After Pay I have been using them for smaller purchases over the last 12 months and they are a great.

SarahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

0 stars - absolutely disgraceful - marks all over my credit record and they are dishonest and shady

AdrianMurray Region, NSW

Too many log in errors

"Oops something went wrong". Get used to that when trying to login... When Afterpay isn't available it's tempting to use zip but it's not as flexible. With a flakey authentication service I worry about security. This login issue has been an issue for years. I'm not sure I'll continue using this service as having to contact help all the time defeats the purpose and ease of a transaction system with online purchasing.

Romep

Romep

Absolutey Misleading ...

I have used ZipPay on Bunnings click and collect yesterday (June 8) and my total order only costs $27.83 but I don't understand why they charging me $154.00 monthly schedule payment for it on the message they sent me, they definitely a Scammer and straight away told Bunnings to cancel my order and will just reorder it using Paypal to be safe, also told ZipPay to just cancel my membership I don't to be a Victim anymore and I keep sending them a message but they don't respond, AfterPay better I've been using them and had no issues and I have to use ZipPay because Bunnings doesn't accept AfterPay so I used my Paypal, I HAVE WARNED YOU GUYS! don't use ZipPay.

Rachel

RachelSouth East Queensland, QLD

15 minutes of waiting for my call to be answered ended up hanging up

Would be nice if they had more staff to answer phone calls. The wait time to get through is ridiculous. I waited for 15 minutes and then hung up as I couldn't wait any longer to speak to someone

Techsavvy

TechsavvySydney

Very handy when you need it

No issues so far, very handy when you need it and reliable. no complaints for me so far. The site is nice and simple and it seems to be supported by most major sites now days which is good.

Vinícius P.

Vinícius P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very easy to use and works perfectly

I used zip pay to buy a new mattress and love it! No hassle, very easy and quick to use. The option of split the payment as for more than just 4 instalments is great!

Misleading company

SHLGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service

So I’ve been trying to reset my password. A link never sends through. Was told by customer service they couldn’t help me. Tech never got in touch. I have no idea how much is owing on this stupid account or even how to cancel it. Would not recommend at all. Got in touch with consumer affairs regarding it...

SHL

Ah no. It’s not the first time. I have a full email thread between the customer care team.

Awesome app and very easy payment!

Used Zip to pay for a mattress, very easy to set up and pay. You can manage everything in the app and its very clear on fees, how much is owed and when payments will be due.

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over it

I keep getting knocked back but thank goodness i have a great afterpay account .
Wont be coming back to try again as its a waste of my time.
I dont get it.

Lisa

No thanks they decide this in seconds so how accurate is that proccess.i have other loans and just paid off a car , really stricker i dont think so.