See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dual display via Usbc Daisy Chain

I purchased the Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 about 10 months ago, after too many issues with Microsoft Pro and 3 docking stations. I currently run the XPS 13, with two Dell P2719HC monitors on the dell dual monitor stand, using USB-C daisy chain display port to the second monitor.

Everything was working well for a few months and then after a software update from Dell the monitors stoped working.

After a day on the phone with Dell and hours of downloading drivers we got it working.

Three months pass, another Dell software update and the Monitors stop working, at 8:15am this morning at 3:56pm and three technical support staff from Dell, I finally get them working again.

The bottom line, if you are prepared to lose one day every three or four months speaking with Dell support, you should buy this configuration. If like me you are a small business that can't afford too lose days to Dell, do your self a favour and buy an apple. I have a six-year-old Apple laptop at home that never gives me any grief.

Purchased in October 2018 at Dell Australia for $2,500.00.

Dell XPS quality control issues

Dell XPS 13 9380 which I've purchased on Dell.com.au on-line store has quality control issues.
First of all, the packaging contained a long black human hair inside the internal box with the laptop. That was a very disgusting.
Second, the screen has an enormous back-light bleeding issue. It feels like a cheap and a very low quality screen from unbranded manufacturer.
Third, the overall build quality is low. The laptop has scratches on the aluminium edges which felt sharp to touch. The power button with the fingerprint scanner was not aligned well. It was a bit twisted against the palmrest of the laptop.
And the last, after few hours of work the laptop has crashed with BSOD screen. I've attempted to restart it several times. But every time after reboot the laptop became very hot and it has crashed again after couple seconds. I think it has happened due to receiving some Dell automatic software updates.
I think that is not acceptable for the premium line Dell XPS flagship series products which cost over $2500AUD.
I am so frustrated with Dell products now. Considering in fact that it was my second faulty Dell XPS laptop which I've purchased within a one month on Dell on-line store. The first one was XPS 9365 2-in-1 which had build quality issues as well.
So the both laptops have been returned back to Dell.
Something terribly wrong is happening with Dell manufacturing and quality control over past few years. Since I still have my 7 years old Dell XPS which works perfect and looks like a new. I have been a big fan of Dell but my trust in that brand is disappearing now.

Good computer but broken warranty/ premium extension system

I had a 2 year warranty with premium business support. Prior to expiry I was invited through the Dell support assistant to extend my warranty and premium support. I filled out the form. I heard nothing back.

3 days prior to expiry I rang with a technical issue, which was resolved. The consultant said I had to wait for the warranty/support to expire before renewing. So after expiry I filled out another from linked to support assistant. I heard nothing back.

So I rang again, and am still to hear back from Dell

Purchased in February 2017.

Could have been my favorite laptop, but its less reliable than my 2008 Mini cooper s

I bought this as an investment. It was the most money I've ever spent on a laptop, so I spec'd it as high as possible to make it last. Although size and weight, as well as the CPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD and lovely screen have stood the test of time (and by that I mean circa 2 years), it's sadly let down by its poor reliability.

Plagued by driver issues, sleep-resume problems, occasional blue screens, audio crackles, and worst of all the dreaded flashing orange battery light. And there's a lot of users out there who experience the same fault.
In this situation, the battery itself is healthy (albeit I'm now on my second battery), however the laptop is unable to run off its battery at all. To disconnect from the mains would immediately kill the laptop.

I've tried everything to fix this (including changing the battery, charger adapter, driver/firmware upgrades), to no avail. Just like a number of others, I've now come to terms with the fact that this is likely to be a motherboard issue. As it started happening just outside of the warranty period, I'm up the creek without a paddle. Just like I've been with other cheap and nasty laptops I've owned in the past. Actually the only laptop that's still going is my old Toshiba Satelite Pro, which just keeps on going.
So my $3000(AUD) investment has shown little to no long-term value, and now I have to buy another laptop anyway. Will it be another Dell? Hell NO. I would expect this from a Acer or low-end HP, but not for the price I paid for this.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Dell XPS 13

This ia. "NEW XPS 13" from Dell with i7 , 16 GB Ram

Hi, if you use this for work then be careful of the following lack of features
- No USB A ports
- No HDMI/VGA port
-Micro sd card reader only
Only USB C and you pay top dollar for flakey add ons.

- Poor battery life

If you dont need the above then it is a fast machine, but I value "alive time" over "unusable" time.

The 1-2 mm saved in case width is definitely not worth it. I have a i5 Acer for $1000 that runs as well and has all the functionality.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Cheap build quality, junking it after a year, not happy

Build quality is poor, after a seemingly pretty innocuous fall the computer has basically separated from itself on one side near the hinge, and now wedges itself right open each time I open or close it, exposing electrical components within. When I sought to have this repaired, repair shops said it was a design flaw in the machine and they couldn’t help, suggested I contact dell. I did that, and they want to charge me over $500 to fix it, and have insisted it’s not covered by any warranty. I’ve had this machine, which cost nearly $2000, for about a year and have basically decided to cut my losses and go back to Apple, which I’ve always previously used, and will now never buy another Dell product again. An Apple computer has unibody aluminium design which would never fall apart like this machine did. Poor, cheap build quality is the downfall for this Dell product, their crappy customer service is the icing on the cake. See ya later Dell

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Do not buy

I've had trouble with my laptop since day one. Incredibly short battery life, randomly shuts down, randomly closes pages without saving them. Now the laptops screen will go black every time I turn it on after the dell logo. The computer is now unusable and dell support is of no use.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Shuts down...... occaisonaly

This is my 3rd Dell 2 in 1 XPS 13. I bought it from JB HIFI. The first one had a bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen so I took it back and swapped it. On the 2nd one, the letter P would occasionally NOT WORK.... so I swapped it again for the 3rd and final one. This one is fine except.... it occasionally shuts down in the middle of whatever it is i'm doing. This can be very frustrating. Apart from that it works well. It is quick, has great features and came with an awsome stylus/pen which lets you sign documents on the screen - nice!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

The new Coffee Lake processors make this beast even better

Bought this around Boxing Day, and have loved it ever since pulling it out of its is packaging. It’s thin, light, and very well constructed. Also, it has a plethora of ports (2 usb 3.0, 1 usb 3.1, full sd card slot, noble lock slot, earphone jack hole), and a battery gauge on the outside.
The battery life is AMAZING! I get around 10 hrs per charge, as the new 8th gen processor along with the FHD screen helps to conserve battery. Also, the keyboard and trackpad are great to use.

Only thing that I don’t like is that it gets kind of hot, and the fan is kind of loud under heavy load

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent little Laptop which could have been so much better

I bought this laptop to replace my sony touch screen laptop which I hated. I bought it directly from Dell Australia through their Ebay store when they had 20% off sale. Its a cute little laptop which performs like a beast. Its a 13.3 inch screen laptop but with a form factor of 11 inch. The screen is amazing with very thin bezels. Dell calls it infinity screen. Tactile keyboard is great with backlight. Its made from premium materials of magnesium alloy and carbon fibre, so it looks beautiful. Audio could have been better i guess. Apart from that Its excellent. Happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Good but speaker issues

Dell saved my life by making me mobile. When I purchased it, the review of overheating were a worry. But a bios upgrade resolved this. Only real problem is speaker becomes crackey every few weeks. Suggest its a driver issue but so far no solution. Other than than , battery quite good - generally 4 - 6 hours, screen is crisp and clear - anti glare would have been good though. Would I buy another? Yes - I did - have 2.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

DELL Australia wont honour 9 month old XPS13 warranty

This is now my second XPS 13 and both have had screen hinge issues. The current one is 9 months old and their 'escalation team' say the hinge is "damaged". The laptop has never been dropped, no scratches, and never mishandled.

Forced now to try to go through Consumer Affairs to get a remedy.

Don't believe the nonsense that Dell is a reputable multinational company and can be relied on.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Disappointing

I wanted a new laptop to replace my aging Dell XPS 15, and wanted something light, powerful and nice to use. ! was prepared to spend money on a high-end model. I chose a Dell XPS 13 (9350) with a 4K touch screen. Sadly, it hasn't been everything I'd hoped it would be. It's certainly got good battery life, and it's nice to use, but booting niggles (BIOS and driver related?) and a serious battery problem have turned me off Dells now. The battery became swollen, causing the whole keyboard and touch pad to bend out of shape (a known problem with certain Dells). Dell support were largely unhelpful. My next machine mightn't look as sexy, will probably cost a lot less, and it won't be a Dell.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Everything I Wanted

I wanted a no-nonsense laptop for research. No fiddly touch screens, spinning displays, fat graphics cards or virtual reality thanks.

Coming from an Apple background, I wanted something to a similar design and reliability standard. I needed it to be easy to transport and durable. I feel that reviews tend to be biased towards bad experiences, and I enjoyed this product enough that I want to recommend it to others in a similar position to how I was.

This device is light, durable, quiet, has great battery life, and good processing power. Its design is clean and has many subtle features I appreciate. The track-pad and keyboard feel nice. The inner face where you rest your hands has some sort of plastic with grip that also doesn't seem to scratch. When you close the screen, it doesn't wobble or feel weak like some other products do. It doesn't seem to heat up much, even when strained. The display has a very narrow frame, meaning the screen covers the majority of the face/panel. There's virtually no sound unless running several intense applications, in which it's still very quiet.

I have not experienced any problems so far. Very happy with this, cementing for me the reputation the XPS has as a no-nonsense, quality laptop.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Worst laptop ever

This garbage machine gets stuck on the Dell logo when it boots. Had a look at this problem on found out it's a common problem with all XPS13 models. Paid over $2000 for this machine. I'll never buy another Dell product again. Don't be fooled by the 'good' reviews on the web about this on the web. Up yours, Dell.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great laptop.

Laptop build is 10/10. Features are great, trackpad is quite nice, speakers decent and beautiful screen. The negatives that I have had with this machine is that:
- the battery life is not the best, people have said that they have gotten pretty amazing battery life but for me it is quite average.
- The coil whine is distracting when I am in a quiet room and using the machine lightly.
- Had to factory reset the machine many times because the battery died on me really quickly when I had first bought it, fixed it from updating drivers and the bios and also factory resetting.

This laptop is extremely portable and functions really well, just hope you don't pick up a laptop that had the faults that I did.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great laptop, pulled down by coil whine.

Bought a refurbished model at a pretty good price. Performance is very good and so is the warranty as they had on site replacements. However after two replacements the coil whine issue persisted. If you really want a XPS 13, I suggest buying it directly from Dells factory outlet online. Otherwise I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole at retail prices. Otherwise it gets a touch hot under full load but should be fine for normal use.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Horrible, Quality doesn't meet the price, and the brand is not worth it

Bought 2 followed by each other in 2 weeks and then I'm returning both laptops back, one is defected (couldn't get replacement) and the other one sometimes takes 15 seconds (5-10 seconds most of the time) to start up and show BIOS (Yup, that's right, that long just to see something show up on the screen - this is i7 model by the way, and the most expensive one in XPS 13 2in1 models), the laptop sometimes doesn't restart, it just cuts off, which means there has been a short circuit in the motherboard, so probably this laptop is defected as well.

And be aware, once you get Dell technician to open your laptop the first time, you will get into the loop of fixing it, I have another laptop from Dell where it's motherboard has been replaced 4 times... So having someone to replace a defected part of the 2 hour old laptop is a no way.

Customer service is really horrible (for details about my review on their customer service, see http://www.productreview.com.au/p/dell-australia.html), the brand is not worth it nor trustworthy.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very beautiful screen, but poor trackpad has left me disappointed

There is no doubt this is a beautiful, premium laptop. But I am disappointed to say I have returned to my 2013 Macbook Air and barely touch the technically superior Dell XPS 13. Here's the reasons why:

* poor trackpad. This is the single biggest issue with this machine. I'm used to the smooth experience of Macbook trackpads, but the Dell is jumpy and inconsistent. It is an absolute pain to use to navigate.
* avereage keyboard. It's not bad, but not great either. I find the Macbook Air to be superior to type on.
* battery life issues. This is probably a function of the Quad HD touch screen and the battery hungry Windows platform. I'm used of MacOS where you can extract 8+ hours of web browsing off a single charge. You can't do this with the Dell.

I have used the Dell less than a dozen times in 6 months but return to my Macbook Air every day. If you always use a mouse and tend to be mostly docked or connected to the power the issues that bother me might not be of much concern to you. But if you are frequently travelling, you might find the Dell XPS 13 as frustrating as I did.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Amazing

Great laptop got during dell's 2015 model clearance during 2016 may.I purchased this for my brother and he said that. Overall the product has been great and has loved it more than my MacBook. He loves it and wished he got the in built touch screen. I have also casually used it myself and the experience has been well worth and I would highly recommend this product as it is well while buying this over some other high-end ultra books.

Date PurchasedMay 2016