2.6

I hate paint

I hate paintSydney, NSW

This PC will test the patience of a Saint

Quality is not good I have two issues to share about these expensive PC’s. Firstly mine hisses like you’ve got Tinnitus, Secondly it’s permanently stuck in Tablet mode. they’re junk.

Purchased in June 2020 at Dell Australia.

Ed SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed: New laptop does not boot after 2hrs of use

Purchased in June 2020 at Dell Australia for A$3,200.00.

Ed S

5 days later, after a couple of calls and email exchanges, I am still waiting on Dell just to give me a date for when the system board replacement can be done..

Ed S

1 week later, and the update from Dell is that the system replacement board will take one month.
I've requested for a brand new laptop or refund. Let's see how this ends.

Ed S

2 weeks on, and Dell have agreed to a replacement.
No indication of ETA yet.

Endless problems

Purchased in April 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Steve M.

Steve M.Sydney, NSW

Poor Quality, Poor Reliability & Terrible Uncompromising Customer Service

Purchased in February 2019 at Dell for A$2,600.00.

kristian.karov

kristian.karovPerth, WA

Great little laptop if you have the patience to wait DELL to fix the factory bugs...

Bought on sale from Max Mart, Dell US in 2016. Old spec. Luckily with 1 year full on site service warranty. Within 6 weeks the camera and mic were gone. A DELL technician came home and fixed them. In less then 2 months same issue happened again. Again a DELL technician came and this time changed the whole part with brand new. Well, i have to say it has been a great little laptop since - reasonably fast, sturdy, reliable...

Still in use, although the camera got broken again and now it is out of warranty

Purchased in May 2016 at Dell for A$1,023.00.

horrible, broken cant fix

i barely use this laptop, all up it has had maybe 100 hours of use. firstly the motherboard failed just inside warranty. now i cant turn it on a few months later, no support all out of warranty, what a waste of $2500

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hifi Home for A$2,500.00.

Raj Pandya

Raj PandyaPerth, WA

Not Good Enough For Its Price, Bad Quality Build

Purchased in December 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$2,500.00.

DELL XPS 13 is Very Disappointing, Don't Buy

THis computer has been nothing but trouble since I purchased it from Dell.ca in November 2018. Driver issues and the sound not be activated or becoming deactivated everytime a new software updates was loaded. Now one of the USB ports stopped working. it was not worth he $2500 I paid for this computer just over a year ago.

Purchased in November 2018 at Dell for A$2,500.00.

Brian626

Brian626Melbourne

Expensive piece of junk

One of the most expensive laptops out there with the most problems. Screen flickering, coil whine, constant fan running on light load and the weight makes it one of the worst laptops at it's expensive price range.

Purchased in October 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,600.00.

SpotSydney, NSW

Failed computer; won't honour warranty

This unit failed completely after 9 months.
Took 6 weeks to have them agree to a replacement under warranty, but after 8 weeks I am still haven't received a replacement, nor any explanation of how many months I will have to wait.
For the amount of stress, time wasted, and inconvenience I really wish I had bought from a better manufacturer. I'll never buy from Dell again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Dell for A$1,700.00.

Spot

Further update. Finally received refund.
Second unit had same motherboard failure 3 weeks after end of warranty period, so completely out of pocket for that one. My worst customer experience ever.

Do not buy!

I have had nothing but problems with this computer. Didn't work straight out of the box, sent it to dell to get it fix and it came back to me still not working. Months go by and I still have reoccurring problems such as battery life, trackpad issues, touch screen issues just to name a few. DO NOT BUY.

GrillaBBQ

GrillaBBQBrisbane

Dual display via Usbc Daisy Chain

Purchased in October 2018 at Dell Australia for A$2,500.00.

Bulat

BulatSydney, NSW

Dell XPS quality control issues

Determined2b

Determined2bHunter Region, NSW

Good computer but broken warranty/ premium extension system

I had a 2 year warranty with premium business support. Prior to expiry I was invited through the Dell support assistant to extend my warranty and premium support. I filled out the form. I heard nothing back.

3 days prior to expiry I rang with a technical issue, which was resolved. The consultant said I had to wait for the warranty/support to expire before renewing. So after expiry I filled out another from linked to support assistant. I heard nothing back.

So I rang again, and am still to hear back from Dell

Purchased in February 2017.

guitaradam2000

guitaradam2000

Could have been my favorite laptop, but its less reliable than my 2008 Mini cooper s

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Paul P

Paul PMelbourne

Dell XPS 13

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Cheap build quality, junking it after a year, not happy

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Olliew

OlliewSydney

Do not buy

I've had trouble with my laptop since day one. Incredibly short battery life, randomly shuts down, randomly closes pages without saving them. Now the laptops screen will go black every time I turn it on after the dell logo. The computer is now unusable and dell support is of no use.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sciger

ScigerSydney

Shuts down...... occaisonaly

This is my 3rd Dell 2 in 1 XPS 13. I bought it from JB HIFI. The first one had a bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen so I took it back and swapped it. On the 2nd one, the letter P would occasionally NOT WORK.... so I swapped it again for the 3rd and final one. This one is fine except.... it occasionally shuts down in the middle of whatever it is i'm doing. This can be very frustrating. Apart from that it works well. It is quick, has great features and came with an awsome stylus/pen which lets you sign documents on the screen - nice!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kai Nguyen

Kai NguyenMelbourne

The new Coffee Lake processors make this beast even better

Bought this around Boxing Day, and have loved it ever since pulling it out of its is packaging. It’s thin, light, and very well constructed. Also, it has a plethora of ports (2 usb 3.0, 1 usb 3.1, full sd card slot, noble lock slot, earphone jack hole), and a battery gauge on the outside.
The battery life is AMAZING! I get around 10 hrs per charge, as the new 8th gen processor along with the FHD screen helps to conserve battery. Also, the keyboard and trackpad are great to use.

Only thing that I don’t like is that it gets kind of hot, and the fan is kind of loud under heavy load

Date PurchasedDec 2017