DéLonghi Brillante CTJ4003

DéLonghi Brillante CTJ4003

CTJ4003BK (Black), CTJ4003W (White) and CTJ4003R (Red)

Joyce

JoyceSydney, NSW

Worst Toaster I’ve Ever Owned

This toaster is so frustrating!!!! It either undercooks the toast or if you adjust it ends up burning the toast. It cost over $100 (can’t remember exact price) from myer. I’ve been using it since May and I’m ready to throw it out.
I do have this brand, different model at beach house and it’s fantastic.
But this model CTJ4003 is an absolute let down and the best place it belongs is in the BIN!!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Online Store for $120.00.

Even Toasting No

RonnyCraven

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Third toaster in 18 months from Big W

I did promise a year ago to let you know how the third toaster in 18 months had fared. Terrible. Slow from the start, uneven (to the point of burnt one side, frigid the other) and now it has failed altogether; returned to Big W in Katoomba today who kindly refunded all my money after 12 months and thee weeks. At $99 reduced this was still expensive rubbish and I guess since I can see it around now at $39 the word has got out. Next? I have no idea.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jenny

JennyMaryborough

Returning to store

With all the glowing reviews I purchased this toaster and am bitterly disappointed. My bread gets toasted on one side and not on the other. Checked manual and it even states that this is normal...well I like my bread toasted on both sides!!!! Don't even start me on the defrost function...just a joke.
I'm now reusing my 20 year old sunbeam.
Should have known better.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Heather

HeatherSA, 5343

Can live without it

I have only just purchased my fancy toaster and wish I hadn't purchased this style much earlier. It's an extra wide 4 slice sparking black unit sitting on my bench with pride. I have used it many times and would totally recommend this unit to anyone. Please give this a try. I will stand by it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

B.C

B.CBrisbane

So beautiful!

This toaster is the best. It looks so pretty, and it is the perfect size. DeLonghi is a superior brand, and it has superior style. The slots for the toast are bigger than normal which is great for thicker slices, and there is 4 slots instead of 2 which is great. Best toaster ever! I got the matching kettle too & I will always buy DeLonghi from now on.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jacqui O

Jacqui OMelbourne

Nicely designed kettle

This toaster has been great so far. It toasts 2-4 pieces of bread quickly and you can select how long you'd like it toasted for. I find it also keeps the bread warm even when you don't get to the toast immediately after it pops and it has a reheat option if needed. It has a crumb tray for each side, which is easily removed and cleaned. It is also very aesthetically pleasing, so much so that I went back and bought the matching kettle.

I can not say whether it will last, as I have only had it a short time, however so far it has been running well with moderate use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Kate

KateCanberra

Great toaster

I love the design of this toaster, it looks great on the kitchen bench and is very stylish. But does it toast well? Yes, nice and evenly too. You just have to play around with settings for different breads types. I particularly like that the slots are wide enough for thick raison toast. It is expensive, more than Ive spent on a toaster in the past but I'm happy so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bought the Kettle and the Toaster!

So we bought the DeLonghi kettle and were happy with its results, that we decided to go with DeLonghi for a new toaster too. We had never used a 4 bread toaster before, but im not sure why we never did. so much quicker to make all of our breakfast by popping in 4 breads at a time. The product allows a number of toasting levels. It may be a little pricey, but the results and quality are great. Even has a slide out tray on the bottom to remove all the crumbs!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Consumer09

Consumer09CAMPBELLTOWN

So far, so good.

We bought this based on the reviews on this website to replace our awful Morphy Richards toaster. We've had it for about 6 months. At first, (maybe first 5 times) toasting was a bit uneven, but now it really works well, evenly toasting all 4 slices. It feels a bit cheap and plasticky when you pick it up, but all the controls, mechanism, etc. are solid and work well.

My only criticism of it is that the power cord is really short. If you're planning to place any more than 20cm from the power outlet, you may need an extension cord.

Overall, we are impressed.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Jennifer

JenniferBallarat, Vic

Unreliable

We bought this toaster a couple of months ago because yes, it looks nice, but it's very unreliable and hit and miss as far as toasting goes. We have it set on 2 1/2 which is a low setting, sometimes it will pop the bread up and there's hardly any colour on the bread, other times it doesn't pop up at all, you have to press the cancel button after it has started to smoke and the toast is then burnt black. For the price, and being a DeLonghi, I expected better.

Sally

SallyNorth Queensland, QLD

wasting money

I bought this toaster because it looks good.
But I don't use the machine anymore.
it takes ages to be completed and doesn't toast the bread well.
another reason, sometimes the power(electricity) goes out without reason while the toaster is on.
so disappointed!! even it's not cheap.
now I use KMART toaster.
This DéLonghi Brillante toaster is good at display only.

Burns my toast

Had this toaster about 12 months. In the last 6 months its become very unreliable. If you don't hover, and check the toast, it burns it to a crisp, even on a low setting. This is frustrating, and defeats the purpose of a toaster. Disappointed after paying so much for a toaster that can't even do a basic function.

MazBowral

Has potential

I've had the toaster for a couple of weeks but find that the toast action isn't consistent e.g. one side is brown the other side of the bread is still not toasted. It has been suggested by DeLonghi that I take the toaster back to Harvey Norman, which I will do but it is inconvenient. I shall follow up here with the result from the replacement when I am able to return it.
Disappointing, the toaster looks fantastic so maybe we just got a faulty one.

Maz

The replacement toaster also didn't work. So am boxing it up to return and won't risk a third.

brettcombe

brettcombeAdelaide

Very happy

We bought this after having issues with another toaster and saw the reviews that had been posted.

We have had it for 4-6 weeks and have only good things to say so far. Love the dual toasting feature and the ease of sliding down the lever. Looks good, toasts well and takes up less space than our previous one. It accommodates thicker and taller sliced bread well. Haven't used the crumpet or defrost settings yet.

Nothing bad yet to say. Good value compared to similar toasters on the market with the same features.

My husband bought this and I was a bit hesitant about the retro look and if it might look a bit plasticy going on the pictures on the internet, but was pleasantly surprised when it was brought home.

Rottenhopeless

RottenhopelessNorth Richmond

Love this toaster

The best toaster I have ever owned. Extremely even toasting on both sides which seems so hard to get these days. I would have given it 5 stars but the only drawbacks are that the slots are short so you can't easily toast large loaf bread that I buy from the market and there is a decent gap between the cover and the silver toasting section that will allow a lot of crumbs to drop inside the cover of the unit to somewhere...(?)

marinakrsAU

Best toaster I've ever known!

We got the 2-slice version and absolutely love it! The toast comes out the perfect colour and it only takes about a minute. Also love the crumb tray, which makes it super easy to clean. Considering there are heaps other toasters at this price range, this is a really great buy.
Produces great toast, relatively quick

kazm76Southwest, VIC

Stylish looking toaster

Very pleased with my four slice toaster. The white looks great sitting on my black bench. Cooks perfectly (if you choose the correct setting). Has a reheat and defrost button. Occassionally my toast will pop out of the toaster onto the bench. Don't have to cook four slices at a time, two levers for two slices.
Look, cooks well, reheat button
Toast sometimes pop out of the toaster

Harry S.

Harry S.Rockingham W.Australia

Best toaster yet

I've had this toaster for four weeks and in that time I've come to love it. Not only does it look good, it performs perfectly, the bagel setting which only toasts the inside is a brilliant feature. Whilst a little on the pricey side, I have since seen toasters advertised at over $300.00, making this one a bargain! Nothing negative to say at this time.

MrsMorris

MrsMorrisMelbourne

Good toaster!

Received this toaster as a wedding gift and love it!
It looks great especially with the matching kettle!
Love that you can cook 4 pieces of toast at once - cooks each side evenly.
1 - 5 setting. And defrost setting.
Is a little pricey and doesn't have some of the settings it's competitors do (eg crumpet setting)
looks great, 4 slices at once.
No crumpet setting / keep warm setting.