3DeLonghi DEBETA Series

thislo
thisloPerth, WA23 posts
  Verified 60 cm

4.5 years of use and it has died

Was an effective and powerful rangehood but has just died after 4.5 years - that's not good enough. I'm left to debate whether to repair or replace - this model is an ideal fit for our kitchen but reviews on repairs on this site aren't encouraging and a replacement might also only last 4-5 years. Depressing choice as many other models don't fit our kitchen well. Show details
AGSyd
AGSydSydney10 posts
  Verified 60 cm

Powerful suction

We have been using this rangehood for last 2 months. The best thing about this rangehood is the suction power at an affordable price point. However it is noisy at the highest setting. Show details
DIsgruntled
DIsgruntledMelbourne15 posts
  Verified 90 cm
no.striding
no.stridingAU24 posts
  60 cm

So good

I love this range hood. I did some research on choice.com and this was the quietest and most powerful for the price and I am very happy with it. It is so much quieter then the old one but it extracts much more air. Our model came with halogen lights which is odd with LEDs being quite common now, but I will swap them out when they burn out.

Show details

Copperfield077
Copperfield077Metropolitan Adelaide, SA24 posts
Pam
Pam2 posts

RIP - 8 YEAR OLD RANGEHOOD

Had to replace the PCB for $200 in 2015, plus call out $88. 2 weeks ago, motor stopped working. Another $88 call out diagnosed the death of the motor. We need a new rangehood. It was good whilst it lasted, but was I unlucky or does it only has a very limited lifespan? My Mother in law has exactly the same model and hers is over 10 years old.

Jailshopping
JailshoppingBrisbane

Parts need 4-12 weeks waiting time

We had this rangehood for 8 years. It worked nicely, only need to change the lamp. It stop working one day. Similar problem as Helen from sydney. The pcb and switch board are broken. It cost me $165 to check the problem (also the Delonghi dishwasher is broken, but reason unkown). The part cost $134 and estimate labour fee is $110.

But when I like it to fix, they told me it need to be wait for 4-12 weeks. ( so far two weeks ) because delonghi doesn't has parts.

I can't wait four months.... Might just buy a new one instead. Hope it can last 10 year!

Ray K.
Ray K.
  60 cm

Where is the plastic damper?

I bought the DEBETA60 and took a while to install it but noticed inside the plastic adaptor which connects to the unit outlet that there is no damper. This means on a hot windy day, I have all the air coming through which is quite disappointing considering I paid $500 for it! Delonghi should have thought about it and included a plastic damper to shut when the unit is not operating.

No plastic damper to stop outside air coming through

Helen
HelenSydney, NSW10 posts
  DEBETA Series

Excellent Rangehood but costly to repair

We have had our rangehood for close to 8 years with no major mishap, apart from replacing one halogen light in that time. Last week, the motor died and I called DeLonghi to organise a service repair person to have a look at it. The call out rate was $99 with $22 for each 10 minutes thereafter. After the problem was diagnosed fairly quickly in about 8 minutes amounting to $120, I was advised that the PCB needed replacing which will cost me $150 (as the part is made in Italy) as well as paying $22 per 10 minute intervals for the technician to install. All up this has cost me close to $300.
Excellent suction and looks good.
Noisy and costly to repair
allblacks
allblacks3 posts
  DEBETA Series

Sucks really hard with its 1200 m3 motor, looks great and was 1/2 price from Clive Peters $499 Norm $899. Loud but that's the cost for quality. Remember its all about suction don't purchase anything under 700m3 or your wasting your time.
Power, Style, quality, COST!! was 1/2 price at Clive Peters $499 can be Flue outside,
Noise BUT it does have a 1200m3 displacement motor on full. Anyway rather have a high power one rather than those cheap 400m3 models for the same price
swiftau
swiftauSydney, NSW51 posts
  DEBETA Series

Definitely moves a lot of air

I bought the 60cm model however the flue that was included in the box was for a different model as it was far too wide. A call to Delonghi and they sent out the correct flue within a week, which was quite pleasing. The noise level is about what I had expected -- certainly not quiet, but it was never going to be considering the amount of air it moves. I have thus far only used it on low and medium -- high is like hurricane force! My previous rangehood was an internal recirculating pull-out model, which was completely useless and near impossible to clean. Having a decent externally flued ranghood (the Delonghi) has made a world of difference.
It does exactly what a rangehood is supposed to do. Has an auto-off timer which is useful at times.

Richard W.
Richard W. · DEBETA90 (90 cm)

Richard
I have a bebeta 90 serial number 1206. I have changed capacitor c1 and 2 and went to replace the controller and can’t find the wiring series that I wrote down to connect it to the terminal block in the motor housing
Can any one help

Henrik L.
Henrik L. · DEBETA60 (60 cm)

We are disappointed with this unit. It's been installed 4 years now and the blue light on high speed stays on but no extraction and pressing other buttons doesn't work. Turning off/on at power switch makes no difference. Can't see how to get to switch unit to repair. Can only conclude that it is a bad design, it was always too noisy (even at low speed) and should have lasted 10-20 years as it is only used a few times a week. Extremely disappointed. H. Lund, NSW, AUS.

Winston
Winston

‘the blue light on high speed stays on but no extraction and pressing other buttons doesn't work. Turning off/on at power switch makes no difference”. My Delonghi debeta 60 got exactly same problem, how to fix it?

Janice J.
Janice J. · DEBETA120 (120 cm)

Is it possible to buy a Delonghi 120 Rangehood

See all DeLonghi DEBETA Series questions

Features:

• The Delonghi DEBETA Rangehoods are canopy rangehoods and come in 60cm and 90cm models.
  • You can choose from 3 fan speeds and can go to a maximum air flow of 800m³/hr to suit your cooking needs.
  • Electronic soft touch controls make this rangehood simple to use.
  • It has a 15 minute countdown timer and a dishwasher-safe aluminium grease filter.
  • The rangehood has halogen lights which illuminate the cooking area.
Compare all DeLonghi DEBETA Series listings
DeLonghi DEBETA90 (90 cm)
  • Discontinued
DeLonghi DEBETA90 (90 cm)3.5
DeLonghi DEBETA60 (60 cm)
  • Discontinued
DeLonghi DEBETA60 (60 cm)3.0
CategoryRange HoodsRange HoodsRange HoodsRange Hoods
TypeCanopyCanopyCanopyCanopy
Air ExtractionDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and Recirculating
Air Flow Rate800m³/hr800m³/hr
Maximum Noise Level69 db69 db69 db69 db
FeaturesAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen Lights
Dimensions 1325 x 900 x 500 mm1020 x 600 x 500 mm
Number of Fan Speeds3333
Control TypeTouch ControlTouch ControlTouch ControlTouch Control
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release date