DeLonghi DEBETA Series

60 cm, 90 cm, 70 cm, etc...

thislo
thisloPerth, WA

4.5 years of use and it has died

Was an effective and powerful rangehood but has just died after 4.5 years - that's not good enough. I'm left to debate whether to repair or replace - this model is an ideal fit for our kitchen but reviews on repairs on this site aren't encouraging and a replacement might also only last 4-5 years. Depressing choice as many other models don't fit our kitchen well.

Purchased in November 2014 at The Good Guys for $504.00.

AGSyd
AGSydSydney

Powerful suction

We have been using this rangehood for last 2 months. The best thing about this rangehood is the suction power at an affordable price point. However it is noisy at the highest setting.

Purchased in February 2019.

Other Range Hoods

DIsgruntled
DIsgruntledMelbourne

Works well but flue cover too short

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $649.00.

Range Hoods

Find out how DeLonghi DEBETA Series compares to other Range Hoods

no.striding
no.stridingAU

So good

I love this range hood. I did some research on choice.com and this was the quietest and most powerful for the price and I am very happy with it. It is so much quieter then the old one but it extracts much more air. Our model came with halogen lights which is odd with LEDs being quite common now, but I will swap them out when they burn out.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Copperfield077
Copperfield077Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for high ceilings

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Pam
Pam

RIP - 8 YEAR OLD RANGEHOOD

Had to replace the PCB for $200 in 2015, plus call out $88. 2 weeks ago, motor stopped working. Another $88 call out diagnosed the death of the motor. We need a new rangehood. It was good whilst it lasted, but was I unlucky or does it only has a very limited lifespan? My Mother in law has exactly the same model and hers is over 10 years old.

Jailshopping
JailshoppingBrisbane

Parts need 4-12 weeks waiting time...

We had this rangehood for 8 years. It worked nicely, only need to change the lamp. It stop working one day. Similar problem as Helen from sydney. The pcb and switch board are broken. It cost me $165 to check the problem (also the Delonghi dishwasher is broken, but reason unkown). The part cost $134 and estimate labour fee is $110.

But when I like it to fix, they told me it need to be wait for 4-12 weeks. ( so far two weeks ) because delonghi doesn't has parts.

I can't wait four months.... Might just buy a new one instead. Hope it can last 10 year!

Where is the plastic damper?

I bought the DEBETA60 and took a while to install it but noticed inside the plastic adaptor which connects to the unit outlet that there is no damper. This means on a hot windy day, I have all the air coming through which is quite disappointing considering I paid $500 for it! Delonghi should have thought about it and included a plastic damper to shut when the unit is not operating.

No plastic damper to stop outside air coming through

Other Range Hoods

Helen
HelenSydney, NSW

Excellent Rangehood but costly to repair

We have had our rangehood for close to 8 years with no major mishap, apart from replacing one halogen light in that time. Last week, the motor died and I called DeLonghi to organise a service repair person to have a look at it. The call out rate was $99 with $22 for each 10 minutes thereafter. After the problem was diagnosed fairly quickly in about 8 minutes amounting to $120, I was advised that the PCB needed replacing which will cost me $150 (as the part is made in Italy) as well as paying $22 per 10 minute intervals for the technician to install. All up this has cost me close to $300.
Excellent suction and looks good.
Noisy and costly to repair

Range Hoods

Find out how DeLonghi DEBETA Series compares to other Range Hoods

allblacks
allblacks

Sucks really hard with its 1200 m3 motor, looks great and was 1/2 price from Clive Peters $499 Norm $899. Loud but that's the cost for quality. Remember its all about suction don't purchase anything under 700m3 or your wasting your time.
Power, Style, quality, COST!! was 1/2 price at Clive Peters $499 can be Flue outside,
Noise BUT it does have a 1200m3 displacement motor on full. Anyway rather have a high power one rather than those cheap 400m3 models for the same price

swiftau
swiftauSydney, NSW

Definitely moves a lot of air

I bought the 60cm model however the flue that was included in the box was for a different model as it was far too wide. A call to Delonghi and they sent out the correct flue within a week, which was quite pleasing. The noise level is about what I had expected -- certainly not quiet, but it was never going to be considering the amount of air it moves. I have thus far only used it on low and medium -- high is like hurricane force! My previous rangehood was an internal recirculating pull-out model, which was completely useless and near impossible to clean. Having a decent externally flued ranghood (the Delonghi) has made a world of difference.
It does exactly what a rangehood is supposed to do. Has an auto-off timer which is useful at times.

Muhithasked
DEBETA90 (90 cm)

How to remove the switch block on the DEBETA 90 to replace C1 Capacitor? Any Photos please.

Muhith

Tried the whole week trying to access the circuit board no luck. I took the frame torque screws off but no frame part moves. Ordered another DEBETA 90 as the same model number is still available even after 10 years. So maybe something good about this model as it has one of the highest airflow capacity for the price but thanks to COVID delivery from Chinese ship may be a month or more away as Goodguys charged me $900 with install even with 10% discount. Will keep trying to remove the circuit board as nothing to lose now.

Muhith

Persistence paid off finally got the Button box out of the Canopy but slightly cracked the power switch in the process. Took for ever and had to use 2 mirrors as you cannot see the two screws holding it and you need a slim long handle torque screw driver end as well. 70 cent Capacitor from Jaycar's and we are back in business fingers crossed. Now to cancel my $900 China order hopefully.

AnthonyC
AnthonyCasked
DEBETA90 (90 cm)

How do I remove the stainless steel flue from a BETA90SS ?

Damir M.
Damir M.asked
DEBETA Series

Had the same issue with my 6 year old DEBETA70 as others (where 3rd fan light remained on, but buttons unresponsive). I removed the circuit board and spent hours replacing C1 capacitor (twice), but unit is still unresponsive. I can't see any other components as being damaged. No luck with finding a replacement button board in stock, and have contacted Delonghi without a response.
Any ideas on what it could be?

See all DeLonghi DEBETA Series questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare all 5 DeLonghi DEBETA Series
CategoryRange HoodsRange HoodsRange HoodsRange Hoods
TypeCanopyCanopyCanopyCanopy
Air ExtractionDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and Recirculating
Air Flow Rate800m³/hr1,200m³/hr800m³/hr
Maximum Noise Level69 db69 db69 db69 db
FeaturesAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen LightsAutomatic On / Off, Dishwasher safe filters and Halogen Lights
Dimensions 1020 x 600 x 500 mm1020 x 700 x 500 mm1325 x 900 x 500 mm
Number of Fan Speeds3333
Control TypeTouch ControlTouch ControlTouch ControlTouch Control
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateMar 2009Mar 2009Mar 2009Mar 2009