DeLonghi DEDW645 Series

Good value for money. This DW has a door but no faceplate.

1. This DW works well and is well designed.
2. Third tier cutlery tray was initially weird to use but works perfectly.
3. Lots of people have raised the issue of the DW not drying dishes well, this is because you need to turn on the DRY function (second from the right button).
4. Missing door faceplate is a pain as we are finding it difficult to find a cabinet maker to make a panel for the door.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $535.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Surpassed expectations

Very easy to use, surprisingly quiet and great at its job! I can't believe how new and shiny the cutlery, kitchen knives and glassware come out after a cycle. We bought this second hand, and the previous owners (who'd sold their house) raved about it. If the house catches on fire, I'm saving the dishwasher!

Purchased in December 2018.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Load of rubbish!!!

We brought this dishwasher on the 30/10/2014. So far it has had two repairs on it, burnt out circuit board. Now last night it nearly caught on fire if it wasn't for my sense of smell, the house could've burnt down. Not bloody good enough! The machine should've lasted longer than this. Had to wash cutlery by hand!
This is just not good enough, we brought this machine when we built our new house, package deal, with oven, hotplate and range-hood, hope these items are safe. If we had the dishwasher on and left the house, we would not have a house to come home too!!!! This is a serious concern. I would like some response from your company over this matter ASAP. Thank you DeLonghi for getting back to me, and thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, it is good to know that if you do complain about an appliance that they will listen to you, and try and resolve the matter in which they did. Thank you once again.

Purchased in October 2014.

Best Dish washer we have ever owned

This is far the best Dish Washer we have owned, previous ones were second hand and lasted a few years each but decided to buy New and have warranty. This Delonghi has proved well with the best dirty clean we have ever had. It has a separate slide out top tray for culturally and you can set it for small washers either using top or bottom compartments. Since we don't use it on a daily basis it is often used more so when we Host Dinner Party's. using it on our own with small loads we find the short setting excellent. The only issue I have is setting in the wine glasses, I can't fit them in so they stand up right. But not fussed as they are easy to hand wash. Looking at other reviews I am surprised of the poor scores. However we Purchased a 3 year guarantee and if anything goes wrong we get a complete unit. I would believe that even if this product is discontinued we would be given Brand New unit of it's same value.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Utter waste of money

We bought this dishwasher in Dec 2017 and it does a crap job of drying the dishes, rarely dispenses the powder and does a mediocre job of washing the dishes. We have had it repaired once already for the heat pump back in May this year and have been unable to leave our dishwasher unattended for the past 10 weeks due to it continuously running and not stopping. We have been waiting for 7 weeks for the useless machine to be repaired a 2nd time and are still waiting. We have asked for our money back from The Good Guys with no luck. Worst purchase ever. Do not recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Total piece of crap

Had it for 3 years. Within that time i have had it fixed at least 10 times. Constantly leaks, doesn't clean well. Just spent another $300 on it to get fixed and now leaking again. I think i bought a lemon never again. Could be a reason for it being discontinued..... After service is outrageous.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Stopped working just after its warranty.

Paid $800 for it. It did its job ok. Not the best at drying.
Also you need to manually turn it off after its cycle.
The dishwasher in general feels flimsy.
But last week i came home to find smoke coming from the back of it and it's only a few months past its 2 year warranty.
So i opened it up to find the problem, and found nothing just a blowen fuse which is soldered to the main PC board. Otherwise there is a handful of screws that hold the whole thing together.
Avoid this machine.
I give it 2 stars as it lasted 2 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Perfect Dishwasher

We purchased this dishwasher for our new home a couple of months ago & I am very happy with it. Very affordable, sleek and easy to use.
It fits normal to plates (which I have had problems in the past with dishwashers not fitting certain size plates)!
Over all definitely recommend, we love it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Poor performance

I have had this dishwasher for 3 years, and it never satisfied me. Twice sent back for repairs under warranty, it still hardly cleans the dishes, and never dries them. I have replaced it now with a new (different brand). Stupid impulse buy, I will regret for quite a while.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Don't even think about it!!! Terrible

Purchashed for $600 so I should have known it would be bad. You really do get what you pay for. If you want clean dishes make sure you rinse everything to the point of it being clean anyway otherwise be prepared to run the never ending 3 hour cycle (that once took 8 hours) again. I agree with everyone else, the drying function is terrible and it's noisy and inconsistent.
I clean the filter every 2 weeks, run a cleaning tablet cycle every month and use good quality powder. We bought in November 2016 and it was just satisfactory for about a year but now it just continually brings me disappointment and shatters my hopes and dreams. I trusted you Delonghi....you took my money and betrayed my trust. Never again!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Not great design

Doesn’t dry dishes very well plates don’t fit in properly meaning spray arms can’t spin to clean would love to change to a different model if could. They cutlery drawer is also very shallow and second shelf you have to lay small plates in flat for the same reason as bottom shelf the spray arm cannot spin as it hit the plates, and after a short time of owning it it already has problems heating the water

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Silver waste of money

Cannot tell you how good it is at cleaning dishes. Bought the unit just to modernise kitchen.
After only a few times (no more than 15) of use the On / Off switch started to play up.
You have to change the whole board cost $150.00 without labour.
No favourite features
Stay away from that brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Value For Money.

It's not a top dollar dishwasher so I don't expect top dollar results. The manual clearly states that you need to clean the filter & jets regularly (I do it about once a month). If you don't, then yes, it stops working properly. I agree with other users that say that it doesn't dry properly (in normal mode), that's why I turn on the extended drying function every wash - it adds 5 minutes to the cycle.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Second dishwasher works well

I bought the first dishwasher and the water did not pump away. On many occasions a repairer attended, but at no point was the dishwasher ever repaired - just assessed. Finally, Delonghi replaced the machine under warranty. The replacement works perfectly. There must have been a fault with the other one. Despite the initial experience, I recommend the dishwasher. It is cheap, but it is functional. I found Delonghi to be responsive, but found the Concierge program from the Good Guys to be a time absorbing waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Would be better used as an anchor.

Worst dishwasher ever! It just will not clean all the dishes in one wash. Constantly having to rerun as dishes are still dirty. I wish i could send it back and buy another brand that works.
0/10 and did not want to give it one star but there was no other option.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Terrible dishwasher that didn’t last 3 years

Dishwasher replaced in an investment property less than three years ago and a tenant reported the below which an electrician has confirmed:

Dishwasher does not clean dishes at all. Some of the spray nozzles appear blocked and drain pipe appears full. I have cleaned the spray nozzles out previously yet they appear to be clogged again. Dishwasher has never really cleaned dishes well since we moved in so doesn't get used much if at all. Went to use it the other day and appears far worse than ever again. Even after numerous washes dishes were still not clean. Does not seem to even dissolve the tablet.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Buy something better. This is utter rubbish

Doesnt dry the dishes. The tablet drawer often doesnt open meaning the dishes arent cleaned. It is noisey and you cant fit very much in it due to the poorly designed internal layout.
We have had ours for two months and it has already malfunctioned. Stuck in delay mode and wont do anything else so it looks like I am going to have to shell out even more money to replace it, not to mention paying a plumber to change it over and a joiner for a new door.
Dont waste your money

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I wish we bought it before. Great price!

It's a very professional and easy to use item.
We have it for a while without regret.
Washing is great, good cleaner and good looking too.
It's very low maintenance and very easy to personalize the functions. My wife loves using it too. I wish we bought it before. Great price!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Do not buy this dishwasher.

Nothing fits properly in this dishwasher. We have had it repaired under the 12 month warranty 4 times and the heating element looks like it's broken again. Seriously the worst electrical product I have ever purchased. I asked for a refund on the 4th time it broke down and got no where. There is now a free one on my front lawn if you'd like to toucher yourself. What a piece of garbage

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Truly excellent dishwasher

We have owned many dishwashers since our first in 1973. All have had their issues in terms of being able to faultlessly clean dishes and to be easily packed and unpacked.
In the past, we have largely bought budget dishwashers until comparatively recently when we purchased a SMEG and then bought a house that had a new Bosch. Both the SMEG and more so the Bosch had issues with cleaning the dishes properly. Both had the usual cutlery basket in the bottom drawer of the washer.
I bought the Delonghi because of my dissatisfaction with the Bosch and because it was the cheapest, it was an attractive white, it would fit into the space provided in the kitchen of the new house and, most importantly, it had this "new fangled" cutlery tray in the top into which one horizontally stacked the cutlery.
I have been amazed at how well the Delonghi cleans the dishes and cutlery. I have also been impressed with how easily it can be packed and unloaded. This is particularly relevant to the cutlery drawer. We place all the spoons in one place, the forks in another, the knives in another... and so on. When it comes time to remove them from the dishwasher, one sweep of the hand picks up all the spoons and puts them into the compartment in the kitchen drawer for spoons. The same with every other type of cutlery. Unpacking is very, very much quicker than it used to be with other dishwashers that featured baskets. The cutlery is always squeaky clean.
This brings me to the point regarding some of the comments here that are disparaging about the ability of the Delonghi to thoroughly clean crockery and utensils. We have never experienced that so, if I were experiencing this, I would be looking for other reasons for the failure.
We found that using separate powder and rinse aid works much better than even the most expensive tablets. It is also, by the way, cheaper in terms of cost per load.
Failure to operate properly may also be the result of faulty stacking.
Lastly, yes, I'm sure that any range of dishwasher has its duds. If your dishwasher is not working properly, you should go back to the manufacturer and have them investigate the problem.
I have found only one negative with the Delonghi when compared to our previous SMEG and that is the Delonghi does not cater well for large plates. We are building another house. I'm looking to see if they make a larger Delonghi dishwasher because, without doubt, in terms of doing the job, our present Delonghi is the best dishwasher ever..
So, to summarise, this is the best dishwasher we have owned. I'm very pleased with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017