DeLonghi DEDW645 Series

2.8

• Internal Layout

DrewSoutheast, SA

Perfect

Dishwasher has a big capacity and washes well and dries well. Quite quiet. Pretty much perfect. It is easy to load and clean the filter. The controls are intuitive and easy to operate.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for A$365.00.

BigTone

BigToneCraigieburn

Never buy DeLonghi again

Most useless piece of junk that I have the displeasure to own. Wash-Fail, Dry-Fail, Durability - Fail . Machine switches on and off at will. Will stay clear of anything by this manufacturer. Australia must be the dumping ground for bad quality appliances.

Purchased in September 2018.

Shane

ShaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete Piece of garbage

Had six months , does not wash properly , doesn't dry properly , heat doesnt work . Warranty twice in a month
Free dishwasher come to sunshine coast , free boat anchor . Customer service absolutley disgusting

Purchased in November 2018 for A$550.00.

mastoi

mastoiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good value for money. This DW has a door but no faceplate.

1. This DW works well and is well designed.
2. Third tier cutlery tray was initially weird to use but works perfectly.
3. Lots of people have raised the issue of the DW not drying dishes well, this is because you need to turn on the DRY function (second from the right button).
4. Missing door faceplate is a pain as we are finding it difficult to find a cabinet maker to make a panel for the door.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$535.00.

Jill M

Jill MPeel, WA

Surpassed expectations

Very easy to use, surprisingly quiet and great at its job! I can't believe how new and shiny the cutlery, kitchen knives and glassware come out after a cycle. We bought this second hand, and the previous owners (who'd sold their house) raved about it. If the house catches on fire, I'm saving the dishwasher!

Purchased in December 2018.

Winny 57

Winny 57Goulburn Valley, VIC

Load of rubbish!!!

Purchased in October 2014.

Kelvin and Michelle

Kelvin and MichelleSunbury

Best Dish washer we have ever owned

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Danniele

DannieleBrisbane

Utter waste of money

We bought this dishwasher in Dec 2017 and it does a crap job of drying the dishes, rarely dispenses the powder and does a mediocre job of washing the dishes. We have had it repaired once already for the heat pump back in May this year and have been unable to leave our dishwasher unattended for the past 10 weeks due to it continuously running and not stopping. We have been waiting for 7 weeks for the useless machine to be repaired a 2nd time and are still waiting. We have asked for our money back from The Good Guys with no luck. Worst purchase ever. Do not recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Total piece of crap

Had it for 3 years. Within that time i have had it fixed at least 10 times. Constantly leaks, doesn't clean well. Just spent another $300 on it to get fixed and now leaking again. I think i bought a lemon never again. Could be a reason for it being discontinued..... After service is outrageous.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Find out how DeLonghi DEDW645 Series compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Stopped working just after its warranty.

Paid $800 for it. It did its job ok. Not the best at drying.
Also you need to manually turn it off after its cycle.
The dishwasher in general feels flimsy.
But last week i came home to find smoke coming from the back of it and it's only a few months past its 2 year warranty.
So i opened it up to find the problem, and found nothing just a blowen fuse which is soldered to the main PC board. Otherwise there is a handful of screws that hold the whole thing together.
Avoid this machine.
I give it 2 stars as it lasted 2 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Melissa Rooke

Melissa RookeOfficer

Perfect Dishwasher

We purchased this dishwasher for our new home a couple of months ago & I am very happy with it. Very affordable, sleek and easy to use.
It fits normal to plates (which I have had problems in the past with dishwashers not fitting certain size plates)!
Over all definitely recommend, we love it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Poor performance

I have had this dishwasher for 3 years, and it never satisfied me. Twice sent back for repairs under warranty, it still hardly cleans the dishes, and never dries them. I have replaced it now with a new (different brand). Stupid impulse buy, I will regret for quite a while.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
susieep

susieepcabarita beach

Don't even think about it!!! Terrible

Purchashed for $600 so I should have known it would be bad. You really do get what you pay for. If you want clean dishes make sure you rinse everything to the point of it being clean anyway otherwise be prepared to run the never ending 3 hour cycle (that once took 8 hours) again. I agree with everyone else, the drying function is terrible and it's noisy and inconsistent.
I clean the filter every 2 weeks, run a cleaning tablet cycle every month and use good quality powder. We bought in November 2016 and it was just satisfactory for about a year but now it just continually brings me disappointment and shatters my hopes and dreams. I trusted you Delonghi....you took my money and betrayed my trust. Never again!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Not great design

Doesn’t dry dishes very well plates don’t fit in properly meaning spray arms can’t spin to clean would love to change to a different model if could. They cutlery drawer is also very shallow and second shelf you have to lay small plates in flat for the same reason as bottom shelf the spray arm cannot spin as it hit the plates, and after a short time of owning it it already has problems heating the water

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Not happy

Not happy

Silver waste of money

Cannot tell you how good it is at cleaning dishes. Bought the unit just to modernise kitchen.
After only a few times (no more than 15) of use the On / Off switch started to play up.
You have to change the whole board cost $150.00 without labour.
No favourite features
Stay away from that brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Matt2018

Matt2018Adelaide

Value For Money.

It's not a top dollar dishwasher so I don't expect top dollar results. The manual clearly states that you need to clean the filter & jets regularly (I do it about once a month). If you don't, then yes, it stops working properly. I agree with other users that say that it doesn't dry properly (in normal mode), that's why I turn on the extended drying function every wash - it adds 5 minutes to the cycle.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Patrice

PatriceBrisbane

Second dishwasher works well

I bought the first dishwasher and the water did not pump away. On many occasions a repairer attended, but at no point was the dishwasher ever repaired - just assessed. Finally, Delonghi replaced the machine under warranty. The replacement works perfectly. There must have been a fault with the other one. Despite the initial experience, I recommend the dishwasher. It is cheap, but it is functional. I found Delonghi to be responsive, but found the Concierge program from the Good Guys to be a time absorbing waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Would be better used as an anchor.

Worst dishwasher ever! It just will not clean all the dishes in one wash. Constantly having to rerun as dishes are still dirty. I wish i could send it back and buy another brand that works.
0/10 and did not want to give it one star but there was no other option.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
APPLEASHA

APPLEASHASYDNEY

Terrible dishwasher that didn’t last 3 years

Dishwasher replaced in an investment property less than three years ago and a tenant reported the below which an electrician has confirmed:

Dishwasher does not clean dishes at all. Some of the spray nozzles appear blocked and drain pipe appears full. I have cleaned the spray nozzles out previously yet they appear to be clogged again. Dishwasher has never really cleaned dishes well since we moved in so doesn't get used much if at all. Went to use it the other day and appears far worse than ever again. Even after numerous washes dishes were still not clean. Does not seem to even dissolve the tablet.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Mark G

Mark GPort Fairy

Buy something better. This is utter rubbish

Doesnt dry the dishes. The tablet drawer often doesnt open meaning the dishes arent cleaned. It is noisey and you cant fit very much in it due to the poorly designed internal layout.
We have had ours for two months and it has already malfunctioned. Stuck in delay mode and wont do anything else so it looks like I am going to have to shell out even more money to replace it, not to mention paying a plumber to change it over and a joiner for a new door.
Dont waste your money