DeLonghi Scultura Toaster

DeLonghi Scultura Toaster

CTZ2003 and CTZ4003

Poor performance all round

Purchased this toaster through Noel Leeming. Just over 12 months later the things started arcing and eventually died. Even before this it was pretty poor at its main job - that is to toast a slice a bread. It toasted unevenly and all bread had to turned once and toasted twice at a lower setting to avoid burning. As with many other reviewers we bought together with a matching kettle which works fine. Now the toaster is no longer available at Noel Leeming. Luckily we also purchased an extended warranty so got our original purchase price of $240 refunded. Reading up on newer Delinghi toasters suggests they’re not any better so not sure if we want to replace it with another Delonghi unit - we’re going to end up with mismatched appliance in the kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

So disappointing thought Delonghi was good quality..,

I had a new red and white kitchen and this toaster looked perfect. Wasnt long though that the little push in buttons didnt operate easily, could deal with that although so disappointed now the lovely looking Black Delonghi toaster only toasts on the outside. I purchased it around a year ago and unfortunately I do not have any receipt.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Sadly made in China crap

As everyone has said this breaks down after a few months only one side works and the toasting level needs increasing every two months -meaning you will run out of available dial space and have cold toast. I would suggest asking for a full refund on all broken down appliances.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Such bad quality

I spent over $600 buying the 4 slice toaster and the matching kettle had to have them both replaced 1 month in to purchasing them due to kettle and toasters writing coming off and now they are under 18mths old and the kettle has cracked on both sides due to the heat and the toaster only one is working so disappointing when you try and buy quality really really upset as I have always loved delonghi products

I purchased them both together from Myers and have tried to return them but as I can no longer find my receipt no such luck

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Bad toaster

This toaster only toasts on one side I have to turn the toast around to get it even. Very bad for such an expensive toaster and I am very dissapointed with the product Also have a Delonghi coffee machine and the milk is not hot barely Luke warm ☹️

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Love my Vintage Toaster

I love to use my vintage toaster everyday to make my bagels or toast for the children. This is an Awesome looking toaster as it does 4 slices. One side you can make the heat lower for the bagels I use number 3 and toast I use number 4 for crumpets I use number 5 or can check it see if it’s done the way you want it. It’s very easy to clean as the both trays pull out underneath to pull out and give it a good clean and get rid of the crumbs. I recommend everyone to buy this vintage toaster as I have the matching kettle to match my kitchen! Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Didn`t Last Long.

After paying well over $200 dollars for a brand name we were a little disappointed when one side packed in after 18 months. It used to toast on level three but the remaining side is now struggling on level five. Delonghi make some good products but this was not one of them , I guess the country of origin and quality of internal components may influence this failure. I write this review have just sat down after purchasing two new oil heaters which have proved very durable in the past.... only time will tell Delonghi.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Good product and excellent customer service

We have had this toaster for nearly 3 years. Also have the matching kettle.
The toaster has been great. Works perfectly, just want you want.
Does 4 slices or 2, sliced bread, sour dough or crumpets.
Looks stylish.
Best part for me and has made me a loyal Delonghi customer is there customer service.
We did have a minor problem with the toaster which occurred after the warranty period. Delonghi without any fuss offered to replace the toaster without any fuss.
Great customer service. Well done Delonghi. Good product and backed by Great customer service.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Do not buy!!!!!

Only toasts on one side, or toasts one and burns the other side, will not buy this brand again seems to be a common problem going by the reviews and this was the second time that we had replaced the toaster, very poor considering how much it cost [ $179].

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Extremly poor quality for the money

I spent the extra money on what I assumed was better than quality product, could not be more disappointed and will never purchase DeLonghi products again. One side is stuck on the Bagel setting and the other side you just don't know what you will get once you start toasting. I feel like a baby sitter watching it just to cook toast each time.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Overpriced and poor quality

I bought this toaster expecting that it's high price indicated quality construction along with striking design. Unfortunately it failed on one side, tripping the power and giving an electric shock when I touched it. Based on other reviews I won't bother having it repaired and will never buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Disappointed

Daughters splashed out and got me this beautiful expensive toaster for mother's day. Nobproblem at first. After some months a large crack appeared at the back. Was replaced by Harvey Norman here in Bundaberg. Now some months later again and one side flashed and no longer works. Slows down breakfast proceedings. They paid extra for warranty so a big outlay. Have to return. Loved the look but won't risk same brand again. Other appliances in this brand have been great.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

3 out of 3 toasters broken within weeks.

We have now returned our third DeLonghi Scultura toaster. All have failed within a couple of weeks of owning them. Each time, we have had it replaced with a brand new one. And each time, they start to burn the crap out of toast or not cook at all, no matter what setting you have it on.
This model is obviously a dud. One is bad luck. Two sounds dodgy. Three is a confirmed dud.
Do not buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Looks great, is a touch flimsy

Not hugely a toast person, but our old one broke and needed to replace it. It looks great but would say that it just feels a little bit cheap. But I'm happy with it generally. I would probably buy it again if I was going it all over. 4 stars.

Waste of money

Got this a year ago in Myer in Perth. Came home (I'm 450km away), and one side didn't work. Couldn't take it back to seller as there is no Myer here. Decided to keep it, as I had purchased the kettle and espresso machine at the same time. Even though it was taking a lot of space To have 2 toasts only. Now, everything stopped working. Neither side will stay down. If I hold it heats up, but otherwise, just pops back straight away. Cleaned everything and still not working. Waste of Money. Will get rid of it and buy a new one.

Frustrating

Great look but not practical to store ... very bulky. Smaller slices don't rise above the toaster ... only way out is to turn toaster upside down ... gggrrr !!!

Love it !!

Great toaster - adjustable and true to range of color of toast - very rare!! Great for family breakfasts - easy to clean - looks great too!!!
Stylish and a good color range available to suit most kitchens - the adjustable knobs make selection easy - you can even toast a bagel in it !! Has defrost , reheat, cancel and bagel buttons for easy access!! Great toaster!! Worth the money !

Terrible toaster

I have never written a product review before but I had to spread the word. We Bought this toaster mainly because it looks good and assumed because it was expensive it would be a good toaster It still looks good but is a terrible toaster. In fact we took the first one back because we assumed there was something wrong with it. But the replacement was the same. It has 5 settings for toast colour, on setting 1 it pops in 10 seconds setting 5 takes forever and still the toast isn't dark and usually 1 side is lighter. Buy it if you like the look of it but not if you want a good toaster.

Absolute crap

After three exchanges I am now returning my delonghi toaster for a full refund. Burns the toast on minimal setting and now tripping the power off! never buying delonghi again.