DeLonghi Steel Elite Fan Heater

DeLonghi Steel Elite Fan Heater

HVS3032W (White) and HVS3032C (Chrome)

Poor Heating Ability

Unfortunately this DeLongi heater is pathetic when it comes to heating ... and its two blade fan is noisy in spite of the 'silent' claim in the manual. We have a $10 very basic heater rated at 2,200 watts that is better at producing hot air than this DeLongi rated at 2,400 watts. The last two settings on the rotational dial seem to have no differential effect on speed or heat. Intend to return it to Harvey Norman.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $85.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Living/Dining Area
SmellNo

DeChongi

DeLonghi and the P.R.C join forces to bring you this deceptive little number. Priced like a top tier item, performance of a lemon. We got about 30 seconds of operation before an audible crackle and pop spelt the end for this unit. Better off burning your money for warmth.

Purchased in May 2019 at briscoes for $88.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellNo
Karlene

KarleneMelbourne

Do yourself a favour and buy another product!

I bought this particular brand of heater in February 2018 as a clearance item from The Good Guys. It doesn't heat particularly well, is incredibly noisy and blew itself up after only 7 months - I'm so lucky it didn't set my unit on fire. DO NOT BUY, it is dangerous!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Cockatoo

CockatooMelbourne

What a lemon

This has to be the most expensive fan heater on the market with only a 6 month guarantee it’s obvious DeLongi don’t expect this heater to last the distance. $98.00 for something we switched on about 10 times as to be a joke. Couldn’t believe it was only 6 month guarantee.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Jan G.

Jan G.Highfields, Queensland

Great little fan/heater

Bought this during winter and found it a handy little heater in my computer nook. Haven't yet used it for cooling but it seems quite powerful for its small and compact size.

Kit

KitQueanbeyan, NSW Australia

Potential for a fire hazard.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

bmorey

bmoreyVic, 3140

OK but really noisy

I bought this because I like Delonghi products and it was priced at the premium level. I am suffering from buyer's remorse. It heats OK and looks nice but it is the noisiest fan heater I have owned and I've had many over the decades.

I'm not sure if it's a basic design issue or I have a bad item. I think the fan is out of balance so you get a lot of resonance on top of the fan noise. Forget about using this in the bedroom at night. It will keep you awake. Even on the so-called silent setting it is just about as noisy as the high setting.

The cheap Kambrook it replaced was quieter. I should have spent half as much at Bunnings. I would have had a better outcome.

Not recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Mick R.

Mick R.Sydney

Best buy for winter

Cannot go a single winter without this thing as it keeps the room warm for hours with just 30 minutes of on-time. It is also very safe as it will automatically turn off if accidentally knocked over. It has two knobs which are easily turnable and simple to use straight out of the box but the reason that I am giving it a 4 star instead of a 5 star is because I wish that it had a timer so I could leave it on for a bit when I go to sleep instead of having to get out of bed.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Anni

AnniMelbourne

Good heater for bathroom

We've had this heater for almost 2 years and use it in the bathroom in winter. To date we've had no issues.

The only thing I find is that it's quite a dust catcher and needs constant attention to ensure that it's operating at its optimal performance.

It's an attractive unit and relatively quiet to run.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Maybe better is summer as a fan

All I can say about this heater is that it just does not heat, it should be called a warmer. Honestly do not waste your money on this. Bought it two days ago and I am taking it back today for a refund, you will barely be able to tell its on.

ross

rossSydney, NSW

Not The Same As 3 Years Ago (Poor Quality)

We purchased one of these heaters 3 years ago and loved it (and still going strong).
We decided to purchase a 2nd one for our little bubs bedroom and must say we were really disappointed with the quality of the new ones (even though still the same).
After taking it back and exchanging it 3 times, we thought we would eventually get a good one. All 3 developed really loud vibrating noises (the old one is still quieter). We even tried a Dyson Hot & Cold and this little Delonghi heater still heated up the room better.
Overall good little heater just a shame the quality has dropped off.

Consumer_user

Consumer_user

OK but disappointing from such a high end product

Elmar Shar

Elmar SharSydney, NSW

Ok for the price

I paid $99 for this heater at HN so considering the price I was expecting to be amazed. It does the job of heating a small room ok, although it dries the air with it fairly fast. It's fairly loud, you can't have it on at settings that do any heating without it being a noise nuisance. The way I use it to pre-heat my room maybe 10-15 minutes before bed, if you're doing something similar it's not a bad purchase. Long term though I'd get something else.

Barca

BarcaSydney

For small rooms only

Reasonable for small rooms, noise levels tolerable for someone who needs noise to mask tinnitus.
Takes about half an hour to warm a long rectangular room at max settings, then down to 2nd setting or silent to maintain warmth.

Here's hoping it will last given the price I paid for it ($79)

Ritu

Ritusydney

Disappointing

Noisy. Not silent at all.poor heating. Will cover only small areas but too annoying noise.Only suitable for bedrooms when you dont care about noise. Pretty basic with no extra features. Would probably spend little more and get better product. Low setting quiter but next to mone heating. Very disappointed. Don'togo for this.

Andrew

AndrewSydney

Disappointing. Too noisy.

Very noisy heater. Had a silence setting which is the lowest setting and it is still too loud. The low setting isn't very efficient for heating a room. Even the high settings don't heat the room very well. Heaters shouldn't make such a loud clanking noise. Steer clear of this one. I'm taking it back.

A.T.