DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

TRD42400MT, TRD42400ET, TRD41500ET, etc...

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

3.7

Virginie

VirginieSydney, NSW

Nowhere near as good as our 30 year old oil column heater

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$289.00.

Annelill

AnnelillSydney, Australia

Turn off the sound!

The heater is fabulous EXCEPT you can't turn off the sound. I set the timer to turn the unit on an hour before I wake up to heat up my room before I have to get up for work and the beep it makes to indicate it is on is so loud that it wakes me up!! The beep is totally unnecessary and if i had known about it before purchasing I wouldn't have chosen this heater. I would have given this a 5 star if the sound wasn't such an issue.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$230.00.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Good heater, perfect for what us.

I purchased for my sons room as his room gets much colder than the rest of the house, & I didn’t want to run the ducted air-con all night. I usually turn it on before I put him to bed and by that time the room is nice and warm. its easy to use and does exactly what it says it does. I don’t use the timer, I run it from bedtime until my son wakes up. I like that I can set to a certain temperature without worrying about the room getting too hot as it has a auto shut off If it’s too hot. It was simple to set up, & the oil smell for first time use went away within a few hours. We’ve been using every night since we purchased it and have had no issues with it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Caroline

CarolineSydney, NSW

Heats well - Running costs are high

Purchased in June 2019 for A$220.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom
Janie

JanieSydney, NSW

Great value, high performance!

Excellent in heating with consistency in living room. Quiet, nice design, easy manual function. Tried different heaters (ceramic/air, brand panel heater, radiant)- suitable given asthma/excema condition. No issue with smell.

Purchased in June 2020.

rikimo

rikimoPerth, WA

Perfect as a heater

Bought this at GoodGuy and it was super effective heating up my master bedroom. I had to turn off the heater at 2am as it was hot in my bedroom (in the middle of winter).
Very easy to use the dials and settings.
Took less than 30mins and my room was visibly hotter.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$220.00.

S.M

S.MSydney, NSW

It smells so bad that you get headache in no time.

I’m using this heater for the 2nd year. It still smells bad. What a waste of money! I would not recommend it. I followed all the instruction that was mentioned in the catalog. In fact I kept the heater out in open space for 8 hrs to get rid of the smell. It was just waste of electricity.

Birdy num num

Birdy num numSydney, NSW

Great heater, let down by timer.

Overall a great heater.
Easy to setup.
Quiet operation.
No smell after following initial use instructions.
Great functions, especially eco mode.
My only negative point is the timer function. I see that others have noted the same.
To be clear this only has a single use 24hr count down function to turn the unit off or on to its last setting. You can’t set a 24hr repeatable programme. I hoped to get around this using a smart plug/ timer but when the power is turned on the unit will go on to standby mode, rather than turn on to the last setting.
Annoyed, but will survive.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for A$257.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
Matthew

MatthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Heater, Timer Very Disappointed With

Aim of purchasing new heater, was to have a unit switch on and off in 24 hour cycle, with no noise, replacing old unit of 20 years that had a noisy dial timer of similar size. The new units heating of the room is significantly better, with no noise, however the timer for the purchase price is unbelievably rudimentary and not functional to our needs. I cannot believe the electronic functions of the timer are so basic, and that with the research put in to buying a new heater, I did not realise I needed to look at the timers setting ability, thinking that purchasing a more expensive product compared to the manual dial would be better an not inferior as it is.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$299.00.

Marc

Marc

High build quality, performs well

Heater works very well, currently heating approximately 30sqm room. The quietness and performance is yet to be tested against the electricity bill but we're confident that the heater is as efficient as you can hope for an electric heater. Temperature settings are good and usually only require setting 2 or 3. Timer clock is a labour to use.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Terrible smell of Burning Oil

Bought this heater June 2019. (Just a year old) It was fine for a while, then this terrible terrible toxic smell started coming from it. The heater is well looked after. We are in our 70's and both have breathing issues and this smell has absolutely affected our lungs. Beware of this heater. It was expensive and we thought for the money we paid it would be good. Now for the stress of getting it all sorted.

Purchased in June 2019 at Mitre 10 for A$355.30.

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and efficient heating

Heats very quickly and keeps the room nice and warm. Perfect for small to medium size room with kids. Has an eco mode as well, you can set a temperature and it maintains it through out the night.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$329.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Small Bedroom and Small Office
Brenda S.

Brenda S.Perth, WA

Can't live without it in the Caravan !!

Have been using a similar heater for years in the caravan. It is efficient and safe to leave on all night and as it is silent in operation, causes no disturbance to us or anyone parked close by. The reverse air in the caravan does a great job during the day, but at night can be too noisy to leave running, so the small silent heater is a great back up. When not in use, stores well under the bed and has survived all the travelling

Purchased in August 2010.

Maddison b

Maddison b

Awesome heater! Wish I purchased sooner!

Wishing I had bought this sooner ! I love the temperature setting as it keeps the room a constant temperature throughout the night, I’m super impressed with the heater itself as the temp setting I have for my sons room is medium on a low heat setting and the unit isn’t hot to touch. Takes about 15 minutes max to heat up a room on the lowest setting. Our master bedroom is very large and on a high setting takes about 15/20 minutes.
This is the perfect heater for a baby/ child’s room.

Purchased in April 2019.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Small Bedroom
Minh

MinhGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best heater that I ever had yet!

I bought this heater from Harvey Norman a few months ago and just recently used it. The unit heated up my room in 15-20 mins and it’s continue to heated for more than 8 hours. Even it’s operated through long hours but it’s not overheated like the other heaters. I’m very satisfied with this product due to it’s maintain the temperature that I set for.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Timer dissapointment

Have just realised that the timer function is not repeatable and only sets a time delay to turn off or on. Very dissapointed. I already have the dragon 3 heater with manual 24hour timer which heats well so thought that this would be an improvement.
I am not saying that the heater does not work well. I just think that the timer is not functional enough for operating the heater at 2 or 3 times a day only when it is required.

Purchased in April 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$479.00.

Siemen F.

Siemen F.

Definitely does the job!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$198.00.

Will

WillPerth

Compact UNit

Compact unit we have had for a month no, heats up very fast and heats our bedroom very fast which is about 20 squrae meters, timer is a greatfeature which we use to assist winter drying of clothes

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$202.00.

Terry

TerryVictoria

Good but should be better

Bought this heater because sales told me it had a timer. Well it does have a time, but you have to set it every time you use it. Set it for the time delay to turn. Then alternatively set a time to turn off. Neither work together.
So, this price unit should have a proper clock timer with daily and weekly programmable settings. Time of day to turn on and time to turn off. I have this feature on a Noirot panel heater. Perfect.
Good heater but lacks the programming feature.

Purchased in June 2019.

Issac

IssacSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bad smell at max power !!! Beware & pls test !

Pros : nice slim sophisticated design with 7 years warranty. Cons: bad smell at max thermostat setting even after using it beyond the 2 hours period. Used again after turning off still smell even on next day. Who knows if these are toxic for babies ! Please check this !!! Objects and dust can get trapped between the small chimney like tubes. Dangerous!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$249.00.