DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

TRD42400MT, TRD42400ET, TRD41500ET, etc...

Pros

• Speedy heating

• Thoroughly warms up rooms

• Quiet operation

• Heating Speed3/5 - 5/5 (21)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (7) · No (18)

Very reliable and safe product

Very reliable and safe product for medium size ,safe FOR kids ,pets & best for bed room /study.Does not take too much of humidity .Has reliable/ accurate thermostat with time control

Purchased in May 2020.

Bop
BopPerth, WA

Used for kids bedrooms

We leave this on high with a Heater Mate thermostat plug to do the regulating. Keep it on at 20 degrees all night. Great for the kids( 4&8yrs) bedrooms in winter. It clicks when heating up and cooling but once I’d explained what that was it didnt bother them and never woke them. Expensive though. But works like you hope it will. And yes the foldaway wheels do make it easier to store away in summer.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Consumer_user
Consumer_userVictoria

Quiet, very slow radiated heat

Purchased in May 2021 at Appliances Online for $248.00.

Virginie
VirginieSydney, NSW

Nowhere near as good as our 30 year old oil column heater

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for $289.00.

Noise Level
Annelill
AnnelillSydney, Australia

Turn off the sound!

The heater is fabulous EXCEPT you can't turn off the sound. I set the timer to turn the unit on an hour before I wake up to heat up my room before I have to get up for work and the beep it makes to indicate it is on is so loud that it wakes me up!! The beep is totally unnecessary and if i had known about it before purchasing I wouldn't have chosen this heater. I would have given this a 5 star if the sound wasn't such an issue.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $230.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Seda
SedaSydney, NSW

Good heater, perfect for what us.

I purchased for my sons room as his room gets much colder than the rest of the house, & I didn’t want to run the ducted air-con all night. I usually turn it on before I put him to bed and by that time the room is nice and warm. its easy to use and does exactly what it says it does. I don’t use the timer, I run it from bedtime until my son wakes up. I like that I can set to a certain temperature without worrying about the room getting too hot as it has a auto shut off If it’s too hot. It was simple to set up, & the oil smell for first time use went away within a few hours. We’ve been using every night since we purchased it and have had no issues with it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Caroline
CarolineSydney, NSW

Heats well - Running costs are high

Purchased in June 2019 for $220.00.

Janie
JanieSydney, NSW

Great value, high performance!

Excellent in heating with consistency in living room. Quiet, nice design, easy manual function. Tried different heaters (ceramic/air, brand panel heater, radiant)- suitable given asthma/excema condition. No issue with smell.

Purchased in June 2020.

rikimo
rikimoPerth, WA

Perfect as a heater

Bought this at GoodGuy and it was super effective heating up my master bedroom. I had to turn off the heater at 2am as it was hot in my bedroom (in the middle of winter).
Very easy to use the dials and settings.
Took less than 30mins and my room was visibly hotter.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $220.00.

S.M
S.MSydney, NSW

It smells so bad that you get headache in no time.

I’m using this heater for the 2nd year. It still smells bad. What a waste of money! I would not recommend it. I followed all the instruction that was mentioned in the catalog. In fact I kept the heater out in open space for 8 hrs to get rid of the smell. It was just waste of electricity.

Birdy num num
Birdy num numSydney, NSW

Great heater, let down by timer.

Overall a great heater.
Easy to setup.
Quiet operation.
No smell after following initial use instructions.
Great functions, especially eco mode.
My only negative point is the timer function. I see that others have noted the same.
To be clear this only has a single use 24hr count down function to turn the unit off or on to its last setting. You can’t set a 24hr repeatable programme. I hoped to get around this using a smart plug/ timer but when the power is turned on the unit will go on to standby mode, rather than turn on to the last setting.
Annoyed, but will survive.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $257.00.

Matthew
MatthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Heater, Timer Very Disappointed With

Aim of purchasing new heater, was to have a unit switch on and off in 24 hour cycle, with no noise, replacing old unit of 20 years that had a noisy dial timer of similar size. The new units heating of the room is significantly better, with no noise, however the timer for the purchase price is unbelievably rudimentary and not functional to our needs. I cannot believe the electronic functions of the timer are so basic, and that with the research put in to buying a new heater, I did not realise I needed to look at the timers setting ability, thinking that purchasing a more expensive product compared to the manual dial would be better an not inferior as it is.

Purchased in May 2020 for $299.00.

Marc
Marc

High build quality, performs well

Heater works very well, currently heating approximately 30sqm room. The quietness and performance is yet to be tested against the electricity bill but we're confident that the heater is as efficient as you can hope for an electric heater. Temperature settings are good and usually only require setting 2 or 3. Timer clock is a labour to use.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Terrible smell of Burning Oil

Bought this heater June 2019. (Just a year old) It was fine for a while, then this terrible terrible toxic smell started coming from it. The heater is well looked after. We are in our 70's and both have breathing issues and this smell has absolutely affected our lungs. Beware of this heater. It was expensive and we thought for the money we paid it would be good. Now for the stress of getting it all sorted.

Purchased in June 2019 at Mitre 10 for $355.30.

Safety
Rebecca
RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and efficient heating

Heats very quickly and keeps the room nice and warm. Perfect for small to medium size room with kids. Has an eco mode as well, you can set a temperature and it maintains it through out the night.

Purchased in March 2020 for $329.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Mel
Melasked
Dragon 4 TRD41500ET

Have recently bought this heater to replace a cheaper brand that after a couple of years, could not keep heat above 18 ,on highest setting.
I use it to heat a babies room of approximately 8 square metres. The room has lots of windows and a slate floor, so I realize a big ask but hoped a De Longhi would do the trick.
I am now setting it to highest setting of 28 and it also does not keep room above 18 and room still feels cold. As my grandson has respiratory problems I bought this heater as I was told it would not dry air as much as other heaters.
Should I set it to a lower setting?
Kind Regards Mel

Molly
Mollyasked
Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

Can anyone please tell me how much this costs to run?

Andy Duffield K.
Andy Duffield K.asked
Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

Our room is 130 cu meters. What size heater do we require

See all DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Features

• A chimney-style design helps the coil fins to facilitate the quick flow of hot air upwards. This can help to make a space warmer, faster.
  • A room thermostat and programmable timer up to 24 hours can be used via manually adjustable knobs.
  • Folding castor wheels allow you to move this portable heater with you, as you move to different rooms in your house.

Points of Praise

• This Dragon 4 series of heaters warmed up rooms speedily and thoroughly, which reviewers were happy about.
  • Once a desired temperature was reached, these heaters provided a consistent level of warmth that didn't fade away.
  • This heater was often a preferred choice by parents when it came to using a heater in their children’s bedrooms. The ability to set a timer for heating, followed by an auto shut-off mechanism kicking in, was appreciated by parents for safety reasons.
  • The DeLonghi Dragon 4 series of heaters were quiet while turned on, which was regarded as a user-friendly feature by reviewers.

Points to Consider

• The heaters were commonly reported to give off a slight ‘oily’ smell when first being used, but this usually went away after a few days.
  • The inability to program the settings so that the heater runs on a repeated daily or weekly setting was viewed as inconvenient by some reviewers.
Compare all 5 DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series
CategoryElectric HeatersElectric HeatersElectric HeatersElectric Heaters
Price (RRP) $199.00$229.00$319.00$399.00
Heater TypeFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and PortableFin & Column and Portable
Dimensions 650 x 370 x 270 mm660 x 410 x 270 mm650 x 570 x 270 mm665 x 615 x 305 mm
FeaturesThermostat and TimerThermostat and TimerThermostat and TimerThermostat and Timer
Additional FeaturesAnti-Frost Function and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function and Thermal Cut-OffAnti-Frost Function and Thermal Cut-Off
Power1,200 W1,500 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite