DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

TRD42400MT, TRD41200MT, TRD41500ET, etc...

Siemen F.

Siemen F.

Definitely does the job!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $198.00.

Will

WillPerth

Compact UNit

Compact unit we have had for a month no, heats up very fast and heats our bedroom very fast which is about 20 squrae meters, timer is a greatfeature which we use to assist winter drying of clothes

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $202.00.

Terry

TerryVictoria

Good but should be better

Bought this heater because sales told me it had a timer. Well it does have a time, but you have to set it every time you use it. Set it for the time delay to turn. Then alternatively set a time to turn off. Neither work together.
So, this price unit should have a proper clock timer with daily and weekly programmable settings. Time of day to turn on and time to turn off. I have this feature on a Noirot panel heater. Perfect.
Good heater but lacks the programming feature.

Purchased in June 2019.

Room Type Large Bedroom
SmellYes

IssacSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bad smell at max power !!! Beware & pls test !

Pros : nice slim sophisticated design with 7 years warranty. Cons: bad smell at max thermostat setting even after using it beyond the 2 hours period. Used again after turning off still smell even on next day. Who knows if these are toxic for babies ! Please check this !!! Objects and dust can get trapped between the small chimney like tubes. Dangerous!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

SmellYes

Shaz F

Shaz FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great heater to warm a small room

It’s fairly compact oils heater I use this to warm a small room the size of 3 x 3 m. Being an oil heater with no fan it warms the room through convection. Therefore, it gradually warms the room and eases you into the warmer temperature.
The heater comes with its own manual timer which is great to set and forget. However, don’t see the point of having 2 knobs to control the temperature. One which you set high, med, low and another with numbers from 1 - 7. I just set it to Med and and adjust the temperature with the other.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $151.00.

Hilarys_Dad

Hilarys_Dad

Extremely loud noises after thermostat turns on or off

This is the most disappointing appliance I have ever bought. I thought I was getting a very high quality product by paying a premium, however the heater makes clicking / popping noises that are so loud, it is impossible to use the unit as I had intended (in a bedroom). The noises - presumably the metal expanding and contracting - are so loud that it is impossible to sleep with this unit in the same room - the noise wakes me just as well as an alarm clock does. The only time this unit does not makes these noises is when set to the lowest power setting - which won't provide sufficient heating in Winter.

Purchased in November 2018 for $180.00.

Buzzin' Dozen

Buzzin' DozenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powefull, Efficient and no noise or dry air

marcn

marcnMark.n.sedhom@gmail.com

Terrible Warranty Service

Victor Z

Victor ZMarsfield

satisfied with this heater

Bought this oil heater many years ago with 5 years or 7 years warranty. it's still working fine and save me in every winter. it's not very dry and noisy as air conditioner or fan heater, and also i can setup the time to turn on and off during the night, very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Rebecca Hill

Rebecca HillCurtin 2605, ACT

Good heater

Keeps my cottage study warm in winter and it is especially welcome on a freezing, cold winter night after a winter night shift at my nursing home, Goodwin, Ainslie, Canberra.

It is easy to just turn on the heater switch and turn the temperature nob to the required temperatures, whether low or medium. Personally, I like the heat to be on medium if it is extra cold.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Quiet and safe heater for our nursery

We have bought 2 of these heaters - one for each nursery and they are great. I love the digital temperature which we use in conjunction with our Groegg to make sure the room is the right temperature in winter. Both kids sleep with it set to 19 degrees on eco and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag and sleep well.

Heats up quickly and relatively quiet - it does sometimes does a pop and crackle but it's rare. Also it's not as drying as other heaters and it doesn't burn if the kids accidentally touch it.

It is more expensive than other oil heaters but we are hoping that the eco mode which the sales people sold us on actually means our electricity bill isn't too big!

my chau

my chauMelbourne

great heater

I bought this one after my old heater broken. This one heat quickly and very stable. Even I use 24/7 for my baby room. The control buttons is easily to apply. But the wheels are quite weak and not balance. My husband plan to change my house electrics into this brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Magdy N

Magdy NAU

Perfect Oil Heater

It heats really well and really fast. I had one in the kids room which heats really quickly, and in the master bedroom, because it the room size it bit bigger, so it takes around 10 mins to heat up the room. All buttons are digital in this model with temperature display, 3 heating levels, timer and energy saver mode; on the top of that, 7 years warranty. It's really an amazing heater.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

brilliantly done

A Strong,solid heat flow directly focused to the immediate forward area,instantly providing a much noticed change in room temperature. Changing temperature and swivel options are also part of the many reasons why you will undoubtedly enjoy all your winter's to come.More than reasonably priced for a high quality sturdy product.

Nice2Know

Nice2KnowAU

Great little heater

We were looking for a little heater for my partner's son's room and this has been perfect. The timer is great and used a lot to stop the "forgetting" to turn it off.
The heat given out is just right (room is about 3.5-4 m2) and it has not killed our electricity bills this winter.

V88V

V88VMelbourne

Good heater

It was a good heater. Not too electricity consuming.
Kept the room warm and did not take too much time to heat up the room. I used it mostly in the bedroom. Although with closed doors and windows i could smell the gas sometimes. So i moved it to the living room.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Nipun

Nipunsydney

Average quality

We brought this heater few months back. I will not say it is a bad heater but it is not that great which we expect. I always prefer to go with oil heater but someone this heater is not easy to use. I had to spent few hours to understand all the functions. Heating is fine but found some burning smell when fully heatup.

ZebraMum

ZebraMumSydney

Not too bad

Just bought this heater and cant fault it so far. Its pretty quick to heat up and it does have a simple menu and easy to use. I did have some smell issues like what some other have mentioned. Not sure if its gonna go away but its not too overpowering.

Lu K

Lu KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still smells after 6 weeks

Despite following the instructions by running it on high for 4 hours on my porch it still smelt, so I repeated the process the next day. 6 weeks later, after using it every day, it still gives off a nasty toxic chemical smell. It is ok if I keep it on the low setting and never turn the thermoset dial above half way. However if it is put on a high setting it stinks. The smell is obviously toxic because it causes my sinuses throughout my face to burn and gives me a headache. It is discusting that they can sell such a poor product. I will never buy a De Longhi product again.

Furthermore, it is dangerous becuase if you don't notices the smell and turn it down (have a blocked nose) then you will be poisoning yourself.

Tina

TinaSydney

Great Heater

I bought this heater recently for my family. my living room is big and cold.

after bought this, I turn on at night and feel very warm.

as to the bill, I didn't get yet. maybe not very high. will show to us after I get it. anyway it worth to buy

Date PurchasedJul 2017