DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

DeLonghi Dragon 4 TRD4 Series

TRD41200MT, TRD41500ET, TRD41500MT, TRD42400ET and TRD42400MT

Great heater to warm a small room

It’s fairly compact oils heater I use this to warm a small room the size of 3 x 3 m. Being an oil heater with no fan it warms the room through convection. Therefore, it gradually warms the room and eases you into the warmer temperature.
The heater comes with its own manual timer which is great to set and forget. However, don’t see the point of having 2 knobs to control the temperature. One which you set high, med, low and another with numbers from 1 - 7. I just set it to Med and and adjust the temperature with the other.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $151.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellNo

Extremely loud noises after thermostat turns on or off

This is the most disappointing appliance I have ever bought. I thought I was getting a very high quality product by paying a premium, however the heater makes clicking / popping noises that are so loud, it is impossible to use the unit as I had intended (in a bedroom). The noises - presumably the metal expanding and contracting - are so loud that it is impossible to sleep with this unit in the same room - the noise wakes me just as well as an alarm clock does. The only time this unit does not makes these noises is when set to the lowest power setting - which won't provide sufficient heating in Winter.

Purchased in November 2018 for $180.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellNo

Powefull, Efficient and no noise or dry air

This is the second Delonghi oil radiator i have purchased. The old one is around 7 years and still going strong.
This Dragon 4 is very effective and we are finding that the medium power setting with the thermostat at 2.5 is perfect. It heats the living area very well and does not have the dry air and noise associated with reverse cycld AC units or the fan heaters.
We use the timer so its nice and warm when we get home. Once up to heat the thermostat does a good job maintaining heat and surprised how long it stays off before needing to come on again.
The new smell disappeared after a couple of days use and i had the sliding door open a bit with half a bucket of water next to it during the new "Burn Off" period. Very important to turn both power setting and thermostat to max when doing this...
We use the older smaller one in the bathroom with the timer so nice and warm in the morning.
Best heaters for the money.

Terrible Warranty Service

We bought this heater less than a year ago, and it's meant to be DeLonghi's top of the range oil column heater at over $370. Not even 11 months into use, the heater smells like burning plastic. We've checked around the heater, the fins etc, and there's no sign of obstruction or anything touching the outside. The heater was used to heat our baby girls room during these cold months, and now we have to leave the split air system running throughout the night.

Their service agents advised 5-10 days turn around time for a repair, with no courtesy heater or replacement given. For something less than a year old, and at this price point, I expected better. You have a few or two you could learn from your competitors (Electrolux, Miele, etc, who come out to service their small goods appliances).

Update: Delonghi has since replaced the heater but the smell still emits on the highest heat setting. Must be the type of oil they use possibly as it's purely a hot burning oil smell. Revised review to 3, as it was replaced but can only use up to the second level heat setting.

satisfied with this heater

Bought this oil heater many years ago with 5 years or 7 years warranty. it's still working fine and save me in every winter. it's not very dry and noisy as air conditioner or fan heater, and also i can setup the time to turn on and off during the night, very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Good heater

Keeps my cottage study warm in winter and it is especially welcome on a freezing, cold winter night after a winter night shift at my nursing home, Goodwin, Ainslie, Canberra.

It is easy to just turn on the heater switch and turn the temperature nob to the required temperatures, whether low or medium. Personally, I like the heat to be on medium if it is extra cold.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Quiet and safe heater for our nursery

We have bought 2 of these heaters - one for each nursery and they are great. I love the digital temperature which we use in conjunction with our Groegg to make sure the room is the right temperature in winter. Both kids sleep with it set to 19 degrees on eco and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag and sleep well.

Heats up quickly and relatively quiet - it does sometimes does a pop and crackle but it's rare. Also it's not as drying as other heaters and it doesn't burn if the kids accidentally touch it.

It is more expensive than other oil heaters but we are hoping that the eco mode which the sales people sold us on actually means our electricity bill isn't too big!

great heater

I bought this one after my old heater broken. This one heat quickly and very stable. Even I use 24/7 for my baby room. The control buttons is easily to apply. But the wheels are quite weak and not balance. My husband plan to change my house electrics into this brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfect Oil Heater

It heats really well and really fast. I had one in the kids room which heats really quickly, and in the master bedroom, because it the room size it bit bigger, so it takes around 10 mins to heat up the room. All buttons are digital in this model with temperature display, 3 heating levels, timer and energy saver mode; on the top of that, 7 years warranty. It's really an amazing heater.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

brilliantly done

A Strong,solid heat flow directly focused to the immediate forward area,instantly providing a much noticed change in room temperature. Changing temperature and swivel options are also part of the many reasons why you will undoubtedly enjoy all your winter's to come.More than reasonably priced for a high quality sturdy product.

Great little heater

We were looking for a little heater for my partner's son's room and this has been perfect. The timer is great and used a lot to stop the "forgetting" to turn it off.
The heat given out is just right (room is about 3.5-4 m2) and it has not killed our electricity bills this winter.

Good heater

It was a good heater. Not too electricity consuming.
Kept the room warm and did not take too much time to heat up the room. I used it mostly in the bedroom. Although with closed doors and windows i could smell the gas sometimes. So i moved it to the living room.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Average quality

We brought this heater few months back. I will not say it is a bad heater but it is not that great which we expect. I always prefer to go with oil heater but someone this heater is not easy to use. I had to spent few hours to understand all the functions. Heating is fine but found some burning smell when fully heatup.

Not too bad

Just bought this heater and cant fault it so far. Its pretty quick to heat up and it does have a simple menu and easy to use. I did have some smell issues like what some other have mentioned. Not sure if its gonna go away but its not too overpowering.

Still smells after 6 weeks

Despite following the instructions by running it on high for 4 hours on my porch it still smelt, so I repeated the process the next day. 6 weeks later, after using it every day, it still gives off a nasty toxic chemical smell. It is ok if I keep it on the low setting and never turn the thermoset dial above half way. However if it is put on a high setting it stinks. The smell is obviously toxic because it causes my sinuses throughout my face to burn and gives me a headache. It is discusting that they can sell such a poor product. I will never buy a De Longhi product again.

Furthermore, it is dangerous becuase if you don't notices the smell and turn it down (have a blocked nose) then you will be poisoning yourself.

Great Heater

I bought this heater recently for my family. my living room is big and cold.

after bought this, I turn on at night and feel very warm.

as to the bill, I didn't get yet. maybe not very high. will show to us after I get it. anyway it worth to buy

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great heater shame that you cannot run it at the highest temp without a horrible smell coming out of

I bought this heater in April for my daughter after reading some positive reviews.
The heater is very simple to use, which is what i like and heats well apart from one major flaw - you cannot run at it the highest level (setting 3) as it emits a strong smell of burning plastic or paint.
If I run it at medium setting (2) or low setting (1) no problems and no smells.
I have waited till now hoping that wearing the heater in will eventually cause the smell to go away but unfortunately it hasn't.

Until it is fixed I would not recommend this heater to anyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Indispensable stuff in winter

Purchased two directly before winter 2017 coming up, and I trust Delonghi brand very much. I put one in living room and another in my bedroom. It heats up quickly as it introduced. I do not think I can bear cold indoor winter in Perth without them. When I purchased it I also wait for delivery for over 3 weeks as it was out of stock. I was afraid of I cannot receive them when winter came during waiting period.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Very pleased

I got this on sale from the Good Guys and I think the price was very reasonable given that it has a 7 year warranty. Yes you can buy a cheaper one but usually with a 1-2 year warranty only. Other than that it's a standard oil column heater, but looks reasonably modern compared to others I've seen. Get the manual version, I don't think there's much reason to bother with the electronic timer version as it's just another thing that could break.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Parfect Heater

This is very good room heater but expensive. However it has 7 years warranty. No make noisy no impact people when they sleeping. It can make the whole room nice warm. I bought when in was on sale. We all love it .It is also suitable for small room but it is eco friendly. It is sturdy and well built. Thanks for this products . Otherwise it is too cold in this winter .

Date PurchasedMar 2017