DeLonghi DL2401TF

DeLonghi DL2401TF

MPN: DL2401TF

Pros

• Outstanding heating ability

• Integrated fan

• Good value for money

• Heating Speed3/5 - 5/5 (18)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (1) · No (17)

Very happy

It quickly fills our two bedroom home to be cosy. Distributes heat well. Haven’t got a bill yet, but it’s seems to maintain heat efficiently as we are turning it down/ to thermostat/ off not too long after switching it on. For the price, very affordable. I’m very impressed as was worried that I wouldn’t find something suitable after reading lots of reviews of a range of heaters. Very happy!

Purchased in May 2021 for $164.00.

ninaa
ninaa

Great for heating up rooms

This heater does a pretty good job at heating up an entire room if the doors and windows are closed. I’ve had my one for a year now and it still works well. It works well even when left on for hours, I’ve had my one run 5 hours at a time without issue

Bobby
Bobby

Really good value compared to other heaters around $800 to $900

Yep ! 5 star product It does not get much better. This heater bought for $159 is perfect. I have never had an oil heater before.
This heater heats a 12’x12’ room On setting 1 thermostat 2. Well done !!!!Go get one !!!! Temp setting a little tricky but easy once you work it out.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $159.00.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Heats up the room quickly

We purchased this for our daughters bedroom as it gets as low as 10 deg in there at night and wakes up because she’s cold.

Plugged it in 30 mins before bed time and came back in and the room had gone up 8 degrees. The fan works a treat and heats the room up much quicker than an oil heater without one.

It took me a while to work out how to set the timer as the instructions were not help whatsoever. I had to look for videos on how to set it and the thermostat.

I will be purchasing another one for our sons room when he moves in there as his room is even colder.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

John F

This style of heater is best

Purchased in October 1993 for $95.00.

Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Brian Phelan
Brian Phelan

Heating

This De Longhi has been very efficient over a number of years we use this in our bedroom to
come on early to take the winter chill away, backing up our radiator system which come on later

Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
eli57Sydney Surrounds, NSW

oil heater

tl put the heater on low straight away and have left it on low and it is great for keeping our room just the right temperature with out switching off and on we have 2 old heaters witch switch of and on that allows the rooms to get cold this one is just great

Purchased in May 2020 at Innovations for $99.00.

shane
shaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent product saved heaps on my power bill and easy to use.

This heater is excellent we just set the thermostat and leave it over the colder days and keeps the room at a perfect temperature. Will be getting another one soon for the kids room.

Purchased in March 2019.

Sarina
SarinaSydney, NSW

Heaterq

We had two of these heaters but in a large house it didn’t heat up enough,they were good in a small room which we could feel the heat.It actually took a while to heat up

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Pam
PamSydney, NSW

Great heater

I’ve had my heater for a number of years and also have a smaller model which I occasionally use in the second bedroom. I leave it on the lowest setting throughout the winter which keeps the chill off the room. I very rarely have to to turn it up any higher which I would have to do if I was turning it on in a cold room. It heats a living/dining room area of a unit plus the kitchen as I can’t close that off.

Silvija
SilvijaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lovely and cosy to sit near

Works well in a room. Only use it in the bedroom and keeps it cosy and warm. Not great in large spaces. Maintains temperature and is not noisy or gives out fumes. Easy to wipe down the dust.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

Carmen
CarmenMoe

Perfect

This heater is perfect for heating my bedroom, it does a great job without making the room feel stuffy. Column heaters can take a while to heat up, so you need to turn it on at a reasonable hour to have your room warm when ready for bed. A great back up on those extra cold nights.

Purchased in May 2010 at RetraVision.

Svay
SvaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

It helps avoid the dryness in the air when using it. Easy to function and store it. The heat comes up quick too. You may get it discounted from Harvey Norman

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $120.00.

Frank Hope Valley SA
Frank Hope Valley SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good heater good price!

We've bought DeLonghi heaters before and have always been satisfied with their products. This particular one suits our family room where we spend time before going into our lounge to watch TV. The heater still radiates heat even after it's been turned off, and it's safe when kids/grandkids are around.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $169.00.

Michael Moxon
Michael MoxonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Takes the Chill off the room

I am using it in a medium size lounge room and it takes the chill off the room but doesn't make it warm. Which is fine for me but for people that feel the cold they would need something a little stronger.
It heats to a level I would expect for that type of heater.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $155.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

david
davidasked

How is it quiet? The ceramic tower heater is 37db, how about this model?

Anna T.
Anna T.asked

Hi, is the heater safe for children. I will use it to warm up my children room. They are 3yo and 1 to.

Is the heater get very hot?

Jess

Hello, I’m my experience so far my daughter who is also 1 just looks at it and doesn’t touch but I’ve touched it after it’s been on for a while and it gets warm but not warm enough to burn little hands.

TDW
TDWasked

I can not get rid of the smell of my DL2401TF. I have run it for 10 hours a day for 5 consecutive days on high full heat and the smell has decreased some but is still too strong to use inside a room for heating so currently useless for the required purpose. It does heat up well so no problem with producing heat but cannot be used for heating a room due to the smell.
What can I do to get rid of this smell so I can actually use the heater for heating a room?
Is the smell a health hazzard?
I will appreciate your prompt reply

John F

I have no experience with this model, only the Dimplex. Reviews seem good. There may be something stuck in the heater that shouldn't be there. https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/delonghi-electric-oil-column-heater-dl2401tf/reviews/#:~:text=Delonghi%20DL2401TF%20Electric%20Oil%20Column%20Heater%20Reviews%20%7C%20Appliances%20Online

eli57

the only thing l can think of ..was the heater sitting up straight when it was delived mine was upside down when l took it out of the carton l waited about 2 hours and switched it on no problems

DeLonghi
CherylDeLonghi

Hi there,
Its not a health hazard apart from the fact it is unlpeasant. Its just the new smell of the oil getting hot. In some cases it takes a little longer, my new heater took about a fortnight of constant use. Also double check the fins are clean as dust will also cause this smell.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Features

• 3 heat settings let you choose your preferred level of warmth, while an integrated thermostat lets you program the heater to reach a desired temperature.
  • Designed with a fan to help circulate warm air around a room
  • The heater’s fins are made with thermal slots, which help to evenly distribute heat through convective air movement. This is balanced with a lower surface temperature for the heater metal, for safety reasons.
  • A 24-hour timer lets you leave the heater on a low setting to maintain a comfortable level of warmth in a room.
  • Attached castor wheels add to the portability factor, making it convenient to move this DeLonghi heater between different rooms of your home.

Points of Praise

• An impressive heating ability was demonstrated by this DeLonghi heater, particularly on freezing cold nights.
  • This heater is quick to heat up, with some reviewers reporting that it can warm up a small room in as little as 10 minutes.
  • Reviewers stated the heater can be turned on for a short period. Due to its superior heating performance and speed, it can be switched off shortly afterwards. This helped householders save money on their energy bills.

Something to consider

• The addition of a fan to the heater can make running costs of this fan high, if kept running for a prolonged period.
CategoryElectric Heaters