DeLonghi DL2401TF

DeLonghi DL2401TF

MPN: DL2401TF

Smell no good

It heats up our bedroom well enough but I can't use it at the max power because the smell becomes too much. At lower and medium power level, smell is hard to detect. I followed the instruction of heating at highest level for at least 2 hours initially but the smell is still strong.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

DeLongi oil heater modelTRRS1224T

I bought the oil heater last winter and stopped using it because of the plastic fumes. This year last week started
using it again, and couldn,t put in on high because of the fumes and was getting headaches from it, so was
interested in the feedback on this site. I have tried at least a dozen times putting it on but after 30 minutes the
headaches come back. I dont know whether to throw it out (it wasn,t cheap} or over time does the plastic smell go.
I have had in on for 3 hrs with the doors open to try to get rid of the smell - but that didnt work either. Could
someone come with some ideas as I cannot keep taking tablets for the headaches.

Good product

Excellent product to have it in the house for those who have not big space. The heater was not jut over heated but can be set to the room temperature. It not that heavy to remove the heater however be aware to use this if you have baby or crawler.

Plastic Odour

I left the new heater on in a well ventilated room for the recommended 2 hours to clear away product odour. I used it in the bedroom that night and the fumes gave me a migraine! I will run it again to clear odours and should be ok. Other than that it was light and easy to transport and throws out a very good heat. It will replace the reverse cycle heater/cooler which I find works better in hot weather.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great heater

I live in the country and when the weather gets quite cold overnight, it easily keeps us all cosy and warm. And during the cold days, it stays in the lounge room. We have a large lounge room and once we close everything up, it easily keeps the room warm. Keeps the missus and toddler happy so that's all that matters. I like the fan feature which can quickly heat up the room.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great safe Heater

Hey there,

We have had our Delonghi DL2401TF for a very long time...its safe, convenient...and heats up at just the right temperature...You can never go wrong with one of these. I simply love it during those cold winter nights...And another fun fact...its safe for the kids to handle as well.

Jade

Date PurchasedJan 2005

Best heater but making some tick tick noise

Bought this heater from Harvey Norman in April last year.
Like it running without the fan though. Only turning the fan on for initial 15-20 mins as oil heaters normally take a little longer make the room hot/warm. Timer is also a plus to buy this heater however I don't really use it.
I am giving 4 stars as it is making some noise which can be ignored as it is not very loud. Once I get into sleep mode I don't hear it.
I am going to contact Harvey Norman in terms of Warranty soon. I will re-post with feedback from Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Happy with the heat

I live in a small cottage and find that this warms my place up nicely, it is fast to heat up and the fan circulate the heat evenly. however I did notice it produces a strange plastic smell after about 20 minutes but doesn’t seem to bother me to much and seems to get less the longer I use it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Perfect for warming up the bedroom

This heater is great - it has even heat distribution, adjustable temperature and fan speeds. The best feature is the timer - I use it for my babies room so I know on the freezing cold nights I can set it and know my precious little one will be toasty.

a good second heater

The heater is used as a second heater in our lounge room so when the gas heater turned off the oil heater turned on. This would conserve the gas. We also used it in our motorhome to keep warm while traveling in the cold months. Would recommend for small rooms. Heat is toasty warm.

good and effective

Our central heating has broken sometime before and have to wait for couple of weeks to get it fixed. So thought of replacing with some good one's which can heat our big master bedroom. TGG had some good deal with this product and reviewed some comments on web. Got it and really happy with the performance so far. Love the timer functinality which is really helpful to control the heat. It was bit confusing to set up at early times. But days go by you can get good idea about it..

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ok

It is good to use in winter as I don't have gas heater in my home, which made our house is cold. I put it in bathroom, and turn it on before I went to shower. It is warmer and comfortable to get my baby girl to have shower then.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Very good

We recently bought this item on special to get us through the cold winter months, I have to say it works really well, its affordable, we were lucky as we were able to buy it on special. It warms the room up really well and quickly. The controls are of good quality and the whole unit looks sturdy and not cheap. Overall a good item for winter months.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Keeps us and our two heater hogging dogs warm as toast

Our reverse cycle air con packed it in and we had no means to heat our house this winter. We grabbed this at Bing Lee and it's saved our bacon! For a little unit, it sure gives off a lot of heat. It's compact and moves well on the wheels it comes with and the thermostat and timer work great. Love this!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Very good product

We have purchased this to heat our main bedroom and it has been doing a very good job even when set in the level one or two - it is not necessary to put in the maximum level for a comfortable night, otherwise it may get too hot. We found it relatively economic in terms of electricity consumption.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Heats well

Safe and heats small rooms well (such as bathrooms etc) but horridly expensive to run. I do like that it's fairly safe to use, it won't go setting your house on fire, but you may want to burn down your house after you get your electricity bill. Or maybe sell the house to pay for it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

good heater that does the job, but my electricity smart meter goes nuts when i turn on the booster f

Nice heater that works well. But beware! When you turn on the electric fan boost switch, go outside and look at your meter (I have a digital smart meter attached to solar panels) I noticed that my most recent electricity bill was higher than usual. Having no other heating operating (I have split system reverse cycle a/c but haven't turned it on for over 12 months) I knew that culprit was probably this heater (and I was right) as soon as I turned on the electric fan boost switch, the red light on my smart meter (that denotes power usage, every time it draws down on electricity) was starting to send messages in Morse code!!! As soon as I turned off the electric boost switch, the red light activity died down to only occasional intermittent flashing. Like I said before it is a good heater that quickly heats an average sized room, but it is certainly NOT power efficient. (well not with the fan booster switch turned on) Other than it being greedy on the electricity, it is sleek, easy to move around and sends out a nice radiant warmth. Just keep in mind that the fan boost is not good left on permanently and WILL affect your electricity usage.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best Oil fan heater from Delonghi !!

We recently purchased this oil heater. The best functionality in this product is the 500w fan, but please check your electricity bill before and after use to understand the difference. This oil heater is useful for small, mid or big rooms. It is very much sufficient for 20 to 30 sq/m. Thermostat and timer are the best features involved. On the whole, it is one of the finest heaters from delonghi and is 1000 times better than the Delonghi's latest Radia S or Dragon 4. I am pretty sure.. Go for it if you want the best and efficient oil heater.

A great heater

I purchased this heater about 2 weeks ago so we could save on gas and just have this system as a back up. The timer is a great feature, just been able to set and it turns on and off with ease and it warms the section of the room up to the right temperture just when you need it. the fan service is so great just to help the room warm up quicker.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good but be mindful of the room size

We got this heater as we were told that it is efficient and within our budget..Yet to see any difference on the power bill though but then again our heater runs for almost 12 plus hours everyday :-)..Also be mindful of the room size as this alone may not be enough for a large lounge room or open plan kitchen room..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017