DeLonghi DL2401TF

DeLonghi DL2401TF

MPN: DL2401TF

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.1

Bobby

Bobby

Really good value compared to other heaters around $800 to $900

Yep ! 5 star product It does not get much better. This heater bought for $159 is perfect. I have never had an oil heater before.
This heater heats a 12’x12’ room On setting 1 thermostat 2. Well done !!!!Go get one !!!! Temp setting a little tricky but easy once you work it out.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$159.00.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Heats up the room quickly

We purchased this for our daughters bedroom as it gets as low as 10 deg in there at night and wakes up because she’s cold.

Plugged it in 30 mins before bed time and came back in and the room had gone up 8 degrees. The fan works a treat and heats the room up much quicker than an oil heater without one.

It took me a while to work out how to set the timer as the instructions were not help whatsoever. I had to look for videos on how to set it and the thermostat.

I will be purchasing another one for our sons room when he moves in there as his room is even colder.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$169.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom

John F

This style of heater is best

Purchased in October 1993 for A$95.00.

Brian Phelan

Brian Phelan

Heating

This De Longhi has been very efficient over a number of years we use this in our bedroom to
come on early to take the winter chill away, backing up our radiator system which come on later

eli57Sydney Surrounds, NSW

oil heater

tl put the heater on low straight away and have left it on low and it is great for keeping our room just the right temperature with out switching off and on we have 2 old heaters witch switch of and on that allows the rooms to get cold this one is just great

Purchased in May 2020 at Innovations for A$99.00.

shane

shaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent product saved heaps on my power bill and easy to use.

This heater is excellent we just set the thermostat and leave it over the colder days and keeps the room at a perfect temperature. Will be getting another one soon for the kids room.

Purchased in March 2019.

Sarina

SarinaSydney, NSW

Heaterq

We had two of these heaters but in a large house it didn’t heat up enough,they were good in a small room which we could feel the heat.It actually took a while to heat up

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Room Type Whole House
Pam

PamSydney, NSW

Great heater

I’ve had my heater for a number of years and also have a smaller model which I occasionally use in the second bedroom. I leave it on the lowest setting throughout the winter which keeps the chill off the room. I very rarely have to to turn it up any higher which I would have to do if I was turning it on in a cold room. It heats a living/dining room area of a unit plus the kitchen as I can’t close that off.

Silvija

SilvijaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lovely and cosy to sit near

Works well in a room. Only use it in the bedroom and keeps it cosy and warm. Not great in large spaces. Maintains temperature and is not noisy or gives out fumes. Easy to wipe down the dust.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$200.00.

Carmen

CarmenMoe

Perfect

This heater is perfect for heating my bedroom, it does a great job without making the room feel stuffy. Column heaters can take a while to heat up, so you need to turn it on at a reasonable hour to have your room warm when ready for bed. A great back up on those extra cold nights.

Purchased in May 2010 at RetraVision.

SvaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

It helps avoid the dryness in the air when using it. Easy to function and store it. The heat comes up quick too. You may get it discounted from Harvey Norman

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$120.00.

Smell Yes

Frank Hope Valley SA

Frank Hope Valley SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good heater good price!

We've bought DeLonghi heaters before and have always been satisfied with their products. This particular one suits our family room where we spend time before going into our lounge to watch TV. The heater still radiates heat even after it's been turned off, and it's safe when kids/grandkids are around.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$169.00.

Michael Moxon

Michael MoxonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Takes the Chill off the room

I am using it in a medium size lounge room and it takes the chill off the room but doesn't make it warm. Which is fine for me but for people that feel the cold they would need something a little stronger.
It heats to a level I would expect for that type of heater.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for A$155.00.

Shahrin noor

Shahrin noorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome

Really does the job what it says. Very comfortable. Even if the temperature is low it really warm in just few minutes and gives us huge comfort. Happy with the purchase.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for A$200.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
Jenny Lendrum

Jenny LendrumRichmond-Tweed, NSW

perfect

we are so pleased with our purchase of the Delonghi heater. Living in a very large home it meets our needs and warms even the largest room. Can recommend it .

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$259.00.

Mic M.

Mic M.Sydney, NSW

Very efficient heater.

I bought this heater and after the initial smell the smell went and I found it to be O.K. Most heaters have an initial odour at first, so bear with it. This heater heats a reasonably sized room easily. Very happy with this product

Purchased in November 2017.

Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficient, quick and silent

It’s one of our best purchases so far. It quickly warms up our 4x4 room while the door is closed or our kitchen and dining area (4x7 sqm with high ceilings). We put it on Low overnight and in the morning our room is nice and warm to wake up and change. It’s silent and comforting. It has a thermostat so after the room gets to your desired temperature it turns off and turns on if it gets lower than that temperature. It also has a fan for quick heating of room when we get home. Happy with our purchase and would recommend it to others.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$179.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

Smell no good

It heats up our bedroom well enough but I can't use it at the max power because the smell becomes too much. At lower and medium power level, smell is hard to detect. I followed the instruction of heating at highest level for at least 2 hours initially but the smell is still strong.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

DeLongi oil heater modelTRRS1224T

I bought the oil heater last winter and stopped using it because of the plastic fumes. This year last week started
using it again, and couldn,t put in on high because of the fumes and was getting headaches from it, so was
interested in the feedback on this site. I have tried at least a dozen times putting it on but after 30 minutes the
headaches come back. I dont know whether to throw it out (it wasn,t cheap} or over time does the plastic smell go.
I have had in on for 3 hrs with the doors open to try to get rid of the smell - but that didnt work either. Could
someone come with some ideas as I cannot keep taking tablets for the headaches.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Andreas Alvin

Andreas AlvinAU

Good product

Excellent product to have it in the house for those who have not big space. The heater was not jut over heated but can be set to the room temperature. It not that heavy to remove the heater however be aware to use this if you have baby or crawler.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Anna T.

Anna T.asked

Hi, is the heater safe for children. I will use it to warm up my children room. They are 3yo and 1 to.

Is the heater get very hot?

Jess

Hello, I’m my experience so far my daughter who is also 1 just looks at it and doesn’t touch but I’ve touched it after it’s been on for a while and it gets warm but not warm enough to burn little hands.

TDW

TDWasked

I can not get rid of the smell of my DL2401TF. I have run it for 10 hours a day for 5 consecutive days on high full heat and the smell has decreased some but is still too strong to use inside a room for heating so currently useless for the required purpose. It does heat up well so no problem with producing heat but cannot be used for heating a room due to the smell.
What can I do to get rid of this smell so I can actually use the heater for heating a room?
Is the smell a health hazzard?
I will appreciate your prompt reply

John F

I have no experience with this model, only the Dimplex. Reviews seem good. There may be something stuck in the heater that shouldn't be there. https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/delonghi-electric-oil-column-heater-dl2401tf/reviews/#:~:text=Delonghi%20DL2401TF%20Electric%20Oil%20Column%20Heater%20Reviews%20%7C%20Appliances%20Online

eli57

the only thing l can think of ..was the heater sitting up straight when it was delived mine was upside down when l took it out of the carton l waited about 2 hours and switched it on no problems

DeLonghi
CherylDeLonghi

Hi there,
Its not a health hazard apart from the fact it is unlpeasant. Its just the new smell of the oil getting hot. In some cases it takes a little longer, my new heater took about a fortnight of constant use. Also double check the fins are clean as dust will also cause this smell.

kerrie o.

kerrie o.asked

Is this heater OK to use around birds

Svay

Definitely, it circulates the warm air around the environment. However, make sure you isolate the heating areas to ensure your bird not flying in and stuck in there.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives