Delta Airlines

Delta Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rowan Boat

ClassEconomy

Kenneth L S.

Kenneth L S.

Atrocious, cruel check in staff @ Boston international

My son & wife Business class travel out of Boston international heading home to Australia. They missed their flight cos checkin staff refused to allow his wife to travel on her married name. Even when they produce their original Australia marriage cert. her passport in maiden name. No help offered, just refused to allow boarding. Refused to contact virgin-original carrier or offer any assistance. This is what u can get if u travel on delta one. Enjoy delta atrocious cruel inhumane indifferent business class service by boston international ground staff. When u ground staff delta Boston international can treat delta top customers like that u are surely a long way from human civilisation

DestinationLos Angeles, CA, USA
ClassBusiness Class
BookingThird Party

worst flight ever

Flew from Brisbane to LA then on to New York November 2018 window shutter broken stale food seat and table dirty from previous flight entertainment screen not working lost luggage and emails to customer service manager and CEO ignored . Avoid Delta airlines at all costs

tman

tman

Surprisingly poor.

Thought these guys were one of the better US airlines but have had multiple issues. Arrived at airport for an 11am departure which was delayed to 1, to 2 to 3 to 6pm. What a joke. No compensation or even much communication. Dont even know why it was delayed. Wasnt an airport or weather issue as other airlines on same route were fine. I'll stick to American going forward.

Perfect flight

My fiancee and I flew Delta (after a 13 hrs flight from Australia to LAX which we had no complaints with virgin Australia) then we flew Delta from LAX to Vegas. We had an amazing flight with the polite air stewards who couldn't do enough to help. We flew back on the 20/10/18 at 600am after we were married and oonce again had an amazing flight. Kellieanne Young and David Brown.

Helyne Price

Helyne Price

happily surprised

Pathetic! Never fly again!!

Missed my flight because of their flight delay. Paid several hundred more to arrive at smaller airport for convienence. $27.00 reimbursement...really???? No follow-up, no questions, just the way it is. Never fly Delta again!!!!!!!!

Baggage opened and damaged.

Polycarbonate bag fractured. Lock broken. Bag contents rummaged through. No TSA note. No baggage claim receipt given. Still waiting to hear.

F Sterdy

F SterdySydney

Atrocious & unprofessional flight attendants

MalSydney

Delta USA Domestic

Terrible airliner

JW19

JW19Parramatta

Everything went well, except for one long delay

We flew with Delta to the NYC in May 2017 via LAX. The first leg from Sydney was on Virgin metal (DL6799) and that went well without a fuss. The connecting flight (DL1197) was delayed a couple of hours and we got in to NYC just before midnight. So we spent sometime in the lounge using Priority Pass and had shower to kill time. Could have left the airport for In-N-Out burger given the 6 hrs layover but was exhausted after the flight and decided not to. We also flew to Fort Lauderdale on DL1879 without any issues. Will flow with them again in the future if price and connecting time/airport is right.

Stay as far as you can from this airline - and don't look back.

SoDo

SoDoSydney

Horrendous - Staff do not care

Unfortunately I had no choice but to choose Delta due to my connections in the US. I usually fly Virgin to LAX and they are just awesome. Besides the plane feel much more cramped than Virgin, I found the staff very unenthused and basically just don't care about their job. I get it's a tough gig, but other airlines do it very well. I had to wait in line for check-in for about 1.5hrs which was also a pain. They do have great connections from LAX time wise, but moving forward I will go with Virgin and put up with it. 14hrs is a long time with a grumpy flight attendant.

HowardSydney

Delta Comfort+ is NOT Premium Economy

Worst travel experience ever.

This is probably the worst airline I have ever encountered. On my flight from JFK to LA, a Delta employee dropped a bottle of liquor from an overhead compartment on my head. It was a very strong blow and the bottle broke. I nearly lost consciousness. All Delta did was to reseat me in a dry seat (mine was all splattered with liquor) and give me an ice pack. You think compensation? No! Just an email with apologies for the inconvenience! I still have concentration problems one week after this incident. Never ever fly Delta!

positivespirit1

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent experience!

I spent six and a half weeks in USA undertaking three tours and had to make various connections via Atlanta Airport with Delta Airlines. Newark Airport to Dallas - left on time and no issues, New Orleans to Memphis - left on time and no issues and Nashville to Las Vegas - left on time and no issues. The staff were courteous and assisted me at various times.

bladie

bladiesydney

Lucky to get this one star - Delta simply horrible

PZapp

PZappGold Coast

Terrible service

Book through a travel agent. Most of the flight attendants weren't very friendly, old and awful aircrafts when flying around USA. The only positive thing to say is the staff flying from Colombia was very helpful as we were traveling with little ones.

Brissy73

Brissy73

Do yourself a favour, avoid Delta for travel to/from Australia

Danielle R

Danielle Rasked

Hi
I’m flying with delta airlines early next year and I’m flying with virgin airlines first and I’m worried about their checked in luggage allowance saying the measurement is 157cm (L+W+H). I work at a bag store with luggage and majority of our large cases are over that. Are they very strict?

Mal

My experience with Delta checked luggage is that they are more concerned with weight rather than dimensions. Delta just wants your money per suitcase. Check if Delta and Virgin are booking partners and if all your bookings are through Virgin, then ask Virgin if Delta will cause problems. Do not expect help from Delta staff in USA. They will just 'pass the buck' onto someone else. If you are going to pay for the baggage at each USA airport, then be advised that check in and luggage payment is done at kiosks. You attach kiosk supplied baggage labels to the suitcase, then take the luggage to a counter to hand over for it to be security checked behind the walls and loaded onto planes. As for cabin bags, Americans try to take as much as they can to avoid paying for checked luggage. Some of their carry-on are so big they would not be allowed on Qantas or Virgin. So the overhead lockers get filled up very quickly. If you are not used to the American accent, the call up for the seating can mean that you board as last group and miss out on overhead locker space. Hope you have a better experience than I did earlier this year (2018).

Relle

Relleasked

Is there in flight entertainment on DL40 leaving Sydney 19th July to LAX at 1115?

Howard

Yes there should be in flight entertainment.

frank fielding

frank fieldingasked

i am flying sydney to los angeles monday 26th august arrive la 6 .45 am connecting flight to calgary with westjet at8.50 am. is 2hrs and 5 minutes enough valid connection time?

Cathy J
Cathy J

It should be ...it will sldo be dependent on the terminal.from which.you cstch your connecting flight

Dani
Dani

Was it enough time ??
I'm flying Sydney to LA arriving 6.10 need to connect to another flight to Minneapolis at 8.4. Hope we make it