See the Best Pet Dietary & Health Supplements in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Denamarin Helped Recovery After Adverse Reaction to Bravecto Spot On Tick Treatment

After adverse reaction [pain, loss of weight/appetite, nausea, inability to walk] to Bravecto Tick Treatment liver damage was confirmed, we treated with Denamarin despite Vet. Blue-coating aids bio-availability by protecting it as it passes through stomach to intestines. This product supported liver re-generation confirmed by Vet. This Tick treatment has caused pancreatic inflammation, massive weight loss, hypocalcemia and damage to all major organs as well as on going pain and nausea from pesticide (a poison) contained in the tick treatment. Given pesticide remains in the blood and organs for 3 months the ongoing use of Denamarin would be appropriate as liver will be continually attempting to cleanse body of toxins. Please look at Natural tick, flea and vaccination treatments which are more effective and less harmful to your pets as treatments containing insecticides and pesticides are poisonous and toxic to your pet. One tick treatment has now cost us thousands and we regret ever using toxic chemical treatments when safe alternatives were available. Denamarin has gone a long way to assisting with the long term recovery of our beautiful bengal cats.

Beware!

Denamarin is described as "a nutritional supplement containing the antioxidant Silybin used to improve your pet's liver function by increasing liver glutathione levels. The tablets come in three different strengths; for cats and small dogs, for medium dogs, or for large dogs."
I had been using this product on my dog to detoxify her liver but always questioned why the tablet had a very intense blue-coloured coating. When I enquired through Blackmores, the company that markets Denamarin in Australia under its PAWS brand name, my suspicions were confirmed. The blue coating is an artificial food dye with no medicinal purpose. Moreover and ironically, it's been added to a supplement designed to detoxify and cleanse the liver. Adding an unnecessary, artificial and potentially harmful substance to such a supplement defeats its purpose and is counter productive. The lack of logic on the part of the manufacturer, Nutramax, stuns me. I have lodged a formal complaint through Blackmores and although the product is purported to work well, there are other purer brands available and I will not use this supplement until Nutramax removes the unnecessary and potentially harmful blue dye.