Dermaveen Eczema Ointment

My only relief and restoration.

This ointment has been my skin saviour. I get very dry skin around my lips lasting weeks sometimes, so painful and raw. I’ve tried so many products, pawpaw, lip balms, Vaseline, creams but would only get temporary relief. This ointment actually restores my skin back to health. Now I am using it on my baby’s head as he’s had dry spots and it’s only been two days and it’s añmost gone. It does go on oily but absorbs well. All I know is nothing else worked but this ointment.

Purchased in March 2018 at Priceline.

Ease of Application
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Amazing!!

I have eczema and dermatitis on my hand, it’s been there for years causing me grief, I’ve tried so many creams but nothing helped, if anything they sometimes made it worse! Recently it started to spread across to my other hand and was flaring up so I tried this ointment.... two days later and it’s almost all cleared up! Amazing!!

Love it

I've had eczema, dry skin, for most of my adult life and I find this ointment really helps to moisturize. Yes it's greasy a bit like Vaseline, but I find it is quickly absorbed and generally helps much more than cream based alternatives keeping me feeling moisturized for hours and reducing the itch. The causes of eczema is very individual so it may not work for all. However, it seems to work for me and I would rather use it than cortisone/prescription alternatives.

Ointment

I think the ointment work heaps better than any cream. It may be oily but if I use it at night the eczema is nearly gone by morning. I can't think more highly of it.

Great for keeping skin moisturised.

I read an article that referred eczema sufferers to needing a strict regime, since then as soon as my toddler is out of the bath the ointment is on from head to toe and its been working for a few weeks now. I have not had the same success with other products at all and like many of you we have gone through a lot. Initially she reacted to the cream but she had not come strait out of the bath and I put it down to a mixture of creams and perhaps perfumes she may have come into contact with - Overall I am really happy with how the ointment is working.

Not effective for topical eczema

I have eczema on my fingers and I used this product as an overnight treatment however have not found it to be effective in relieving sore, itchy dry skin. It felt like having plain Vaseline on my hands!! Nothing beats a salt water soak with sorbolene afterwards. I also strongly recommend Nutraplus Urea cream too.

Great for dry skin or sensitive skin

I was told to try the DermaVeen range of skin care on my 6 year old son who suffers from dry skin and eczema. I have since been using their Soap Free Wash, Shower and Bath Oil and Eczema Ointment on him. It has hydrated his skin better than previous products we have tried. It contains colloidal oatmeal which soothes dry and irritated skin. Can't recommend it enough.
It hydrated my son's skin from first use

Great for Eczema & nappy rash

I love this product! My daughter has suffered from bad eczema ever since she was born. I use this product after ever bath. Normal creams are absorbed into the skin after only a few seconds but this product holds moisture & takes about 30minutes which works wonders on my little girl. We also use it for bad diaper rashes, unlike a lotion this ointment creates a barrier & really helps heal with severe nappy rash. It works for us & a tub lasts forever!!!

Good

I started using this product for my baby who suffers from eczema, as a moisturiser. Applied regularly throughout the day, it helps to keep her skin from drying out.

Whilst it is oily (being an ointment) definitely adds that extra barrier that a cream based moisturiser doesn't add, but dissolves into the skin after a few minutes.

The good thing about the product is that it doesn't contain lanolin or parabens and doesn't clog pores so it is good for all over use for baby.
Reasonably priced, no lanolins or parabens

Bad

This ointment is extremely oilly and greasy... it's much too liquified and runny. I should have got the cream or lotion instead.
Fragrance free
Much too oilly

I have a very itchy back, will this dermaveen help me if so, which one?
This may be too late for you Jayell but others may like to know. The only thing keeping me sane is Dermaveen ointment rubbed into my back every night. Otherwise the itch is maddening. It works if you do it regularly. Better than lightweight lotions and creams. Hope this helpsHi Jayell, im sorry i have the same issue as you and Dermaveen hasnt helped the issue at all. I suggest you see your dr and ask to recommend another product. Im going to do this if it doesnt ease soon. Good luck

Release dateSep 2010