3.8

• Combination Skin
Causes Irritation Yes · No
4.5
Smell
Brand Manager for DermaVeen? Claim your listing.

Zoe B.
Zoe B.Perth, WA7 posts

Perfect product

I have several spots in my face that become swollen, itchy, red and painful. The cracked skin can take days to heal with excessive use of moisturisers and pawpaw ointment.

But this product worked OVERNIGHT. The pain and swelling is gone. No itching.

I actually can’t believe it.

I bought it for half price at Chemist Warehouse. But knowing what I do now, I’d pay full price. Show details

Ccc
CccGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really bad for eczema

I’ve been suffering with eczema for quite a long long time and I really thought this would help... within an hour of applying the product to only my neck, my skin got so itchy and red and this has never happened before with any other products I’ve used. Show details
Rose H.
Rose H.3 posts

Great for dry patches and on your feet

I Don't have eczema, but my friend works for the company that manufacturers this so i get it cheap.

I put it on the if I have very dry patches of skin in winter. I have put it on lips and nose and its good like vaseline.

This stuff is absolutely great to put on your feet. It absorbs well. Put on on at night and in the morning, your feet are all soft again. Best footcream out there that actually works and doesn't cost an arm and leg. Show details

Ash
Ash3 posts

Relief within 10 minutes

I bought this product on a whim as the skin around my mouth has been insanely dry over the past months and no amount of lotions and potions seemed to get rid of it, everything else I used just helped with minor relief but after a while the area would become itchy and flaky again.

I tested it in store and after about 5 minutes my mouth didn't feel sore and stiff from the dryness and the flakiness was gone! A little bit goes a long way! Show details

Astrid D.
Astrid D.Central Queensland, QLD

Irritated my eczema!

I thought this would relieve my eczema symptoms. I applied it liberally and almost went crazy with the itch it induced on my eczema affected skin. Not good for my skin, unfortunately. Show details
Lisa Paton
Lisa PatonSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

High hopes... very disappointed

My 13 year old son suffers from Eczema. We tried Dermaveen Eczema Ointment hoping for some relief for him. Within 2 minutes it made his eczema very angry and red. We quickly washed it off. Dermaveen Eczema Ointment just didn't work for us. Back to the drawing board. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Val Handel
Val HandelSydney, NSW2 posts

My only relief and restoration

This ointment has been my skin saviour. I get very dry skin around my lips lasting weeks sometimes, so painful and raw. I’ve tried so many products, pawpaw, lip balms, Vaseline, creams but would only get temporary relief. This ointment actually restores my skin back to health. Now I am using it on my baby’s head as he’s had dry spots and it’s only been two days and it’s añmost gone. It does go on oily but absorbs well. All I know is nothing else worked but this ointment. Show details
Kizzy1984
Kizzy19842 posts

Amazing!!

I have eczema and dermatitis on my hand, it’s been there for years causing me grief, I’ve tried so many creams but nothing helped, if anything they sometimes made it worse! Recently it started to spread across to my other hand and was flaring up so I tried this ointment.... two days later and it’s almost all cleared up! Amazing!!

ColinW
ColinWGold Coast QLD9 posts

Love it

I've had eczema, dry skin, for most of my adult life and I find this ointment really helps to moisturize. Yes it's greasy a bit like Vaseline, but I find it is quickly absorbed and generally helps much more than cream based alternatives keeping me feeling moisturized for hours and reducing the itch. The causes of eczema is very individual so it may not work for all. However, it seems to work for me and I would rather use it than cortisone/prescription alternatives.

Michael222222
Michael222222AU7 posts

Ointment

I think the ointment work heaps better than any cream. It may be oily but if I use it at night the eczema is nearly gone by morning. I can't think more highly of it.

nomes
nomessunshine coast

Great for keeping skin moisturised

I read an article that referred eczema sufferers to needing a strict regime, since then as soon as my toddler is out of the bath the ointment is on from head to toe and its been working for a few weeks now. I have not had the same success with other products at all and like many of you we have gone through a lot. Initially she reacted to the cream but she had not come strait out of the bath and I put it down to a mixture of creams and perhaps perfumes she may have come into contact with - Overall I am really happy with how the ointment is working.

Lay
LaySydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts

Not effective for topical eczema

I have eczema on my fingers and I used this product as an overnight treatment however have not found it to be effective in relieving sore, itchy dry skin. It felt like having plain Vaseline on my hands!! Nothing beats a salt water soak with sorbolene afterwards. I also strongly recommend Nutraplus Urea cream too.

mandyjess
mandyjessNSW, 275911 posts

Great for dry skin or sensitive skin

I was told to try the DermaVeen range of skin care on my 6 year old son who suffers from dry skin and eczema. I have since been using their Soap Free Wash, Shower and Bath Oil and Eczema Ointment on him. It has hydrated his skin better than previous products we have tried. It contains colloidal oatmeal which soothes dry and irritated skin. Can't recommend it enough.
It hydrated my son's skin from first use
Maria21
Maria21SYDNEY

Great for Eczema & nappy rash

I love this product! My daughter has suffered from bad eczema ever since she was born. I use this product after ever bath. Normal creams are absorbed into the skin after only a few seconds but this product holds moisture & takes about 30minutes which works wonders on my little girl. We also use it for bad diaper rashes, unlike a lotion this ointment creates a barrier & really helps heal with severe nappy rash. It works for us & a tub lasts forever!!!

Jme
JmeAU43 posts

Good

I started using this product for my baby who suffers from eczema, as a moisturiser. Applied regularly throughout the day, it helps to keep her skin from drying out.

Whilst it is oily (being an ointment) definitely adds that extra barrier that a cream based moisturiser doesn't add, but dissolves into the skin after a few minutes.

The good thing about the product is that it doesn't contain lanolin or parabens and doesn't clog pores so it is good for all over use for baby.
Reasonably priced, no lanolins or parabens