Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

See the Best Lip Care in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Why this ointment is good,

People that are against this ointment have most likely never experienced debilitating wounds, probably believe what they see on the tv screen and cant get past the word petroleum. Papaya fruit is rich in nutrition which is a requisite for biological healing. Pawpaw fruit is high in vitamin c and has antioxidants. Paraffin not Petroleum is the carrier for the fermented fruit. This jelly will not destroy your skin but it will stick to you which is great if you want to have that fruit sticking to your wound.
If you are scared that this is blocking your skin pores it is relatively easy to wash off how ever, healing of wounds does not occur through skin pores, it happens through blood circulation. You are more likely to not heal through poor blood flow rather than the use of this ointment.
The paraffin acts as a breathable bandage and might help the body to retain the white blood that will weep from the wound. I am using this on my burns that I received from scalding hot oil.
It does not hurt me it soothes me, it does not make my skin break out in feverish rashes and it is not creating puss or any kind of infection.
I initially treated my burns with four hours of running cold water and no, the doctors and nurses did not recommend I do this.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

The deep cracks around my mouth are finally healing up!!!

I bought a 75g tub of Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment for the first time this week. I've known about it for a long time, & its only now I decided to give it a go. I wish I had of bought it 7 years ago when I was first diagnosed with an auto immune disorder by my dentist called Sjogren's Syndrome. It leaves me with absolutely no saliva, & a mouth so dry that the corners of my mouth constantly have big, deep cracks which not only look red & unsightly, they are extremely painful as well.

I've tried pretty much every lip balm on the market & they do an "ok" job in that they keep my mouth moist for a short time, but they don't heal up the cracks.

Major relief has come to me this week with Lucas Pawpaw ointment. Hallelujah!!!! I've only been using it about 3 times a day for the last 4 days, but in this short time, I can see that the cracks around my mouth are slowly beginning to close up nicely. I can't quite believe it!!!! It is truly amazing!!!! For the first time in 7 years, I am finally getting some relief for my painful mouth.

My dry mouth has also caused tiny painful blister thingies in the soft tissues inside the bottom lip. By using my Lucas Pawpaw ointment as a lip balm, the blisters are beginning to heal as well. I'm so thrilled, I could cry tears of joy!!!!

I can't speak highly enough of this product. I urge anyone who is suffering with pain from any sort of skin problem, to give Lucas Pawpaw a try. You have nothing to lose, & everything to gain.

Lucas Pawpaw ointment comes in tubes & tubs, in various sizes. Prices are cheapest at Chemist Warehouse, especially for the big 200g tub. I wasn't anywhere near Chemist Warehouse this week, so I decided to just go into Coles for it. I paid $12.50. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

The jar says - a topical application for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites & nappy rash. The ointment relieves & cleanses. Carica Papaya 39mg/g fresh fermented fruit.

It has a nice fruity taste. Has a texture similar to Vaseline petroleum jelly.

I have 2 words Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment - bloody brilliant!!!!

** I have started using goat soap to wash my face, instead of other soaps. Used in conjunction with the pawpaw ointment, I think the goat soap is also helping with my painful cracks. I am going to keep on using both, for sure**.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $12.50.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Surgery

I have been using this product for years. I had surgery last year in July 18 . My lips were peeling and sore . I used this product every day 24/7. I love it

Purchased in June 2018 at Woolworths for $5.25.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Really bad reaction. Caused painful pimply rash.

I recently used this stuff for aftercare of a tattoo and it did not go well at all.

After the first session I used this ointment and while at first it seemed to do an admirable job after a day of use I developed sever pimply rash all over my arm. I wrote this off as an isolated incident or perhaps just a reaction to the ink used and didn't think more about it.

That was until after the 2nd session where using this ointment caused the exact same raised, bumpy pimply rash. More the rash broke out in areas above the tattoo where it had been applied so it was definitely caused by this product rather than a reaction to the ink or tattooing process.

This was finally confirmed when I switched to a different product for aftercare following the 3rd and 4th sessions and had no repeated outbreaks.

I'm not saying this product isn't good or effective only that it CAN cause a pretty severe reaction in some people so be very wary and discontinue immediately if it does.

Purchased in March 2019 at Priceline.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes

The Best

This product is 100% quality. This is my everyday lip moisturiser, it is the only one that keeps my lips from chapping. Also great on burns to help heal and relieve pain.

Purchased in March 2019 for $5.25.

Causes Irritation Yes

Classic beauty staple

I use papaw as a lip balm. Most other lip balms have colours, smells and funny tastes, but Lucas' is simply good for hydrating the lips. I have multiple tubes that I keep around so I that I always have some on hand.

Purchased in January 2019.

A good and Gentle product

I have been recommended by the GP to apply this for my daughter's lip.
It really works well on her dry lips and fully recommended it to friends who would like to have a natural/ organic based of ointment.

Purchased in December 2018 for $3.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Can't live without this!

I've been using Lucas' Papaw Ointment for many years now. My three adult daughters have also been using it since their teen years. It's great for dry chaffed lips, is convenient to carry around, and helps manage my, mild but irritating, dermatitis on my fingers. It's also great on dry skin patches on the body and insect bites and irritation. It helps soothe and heal better than any other product I've tried. Years ago, Vaseline was the go to product for these issues, but I much prefer Lucas' Papaw Ointment. I often have dry bits of skin around my nails, as do my daughters, and I find this help with that issue. I have about 7 tubes of this amazing product all over the house; in my handbag, on my computer desk, and in every room in the house. The price of this ointment is very affordable and I can't praise it enough - it is worth every cent!

Purchased in June 2000 at Target for $5.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

A handy product

It's a handy product to keep in your bag or take on holiday, but I don't see what the hype is about it as a lip balm. Great for cuts, but I didn't enjoy it as a lip balm.

Purchased in January 2014.

Soothing & wonderful, but not good if hoping will fight infection

I love this for soothing and helping heal scratches/minor wounds, skin irritation, and bites/stings. From my experience don't use this if the area is starting to get a little infected - I've found on more than one occasion not at all effective in fighting the infection (tip: colloidal silver cream is excellent for that - a natural antibiotic & works great on say a scratch or cactus spine puncture that's red & inflamed). I also found Papaw did not soothe minor burns (& with the high petroleum jelly component prob isn't a good idea to use it on burns) but I would still always have some on hand - for eg best thing I've found for fresh cat scratches. :)

This stuff is great. Best for cracked and raspberry lips.

I was recommended this for my son who licks his lips as a stress thing at school causing them to go red and crack. This has been the best thing for it.

can't live without it

Been using Lucas pawpaw ointment for really dry skin its great I love it I put it on everyday skin is a lot smoother and not itchy I Weill continue using it

Its the BEST

Lucas' Papaw is the greatest multi-use product i own. I have a tube of it in my work desk, handbag and nightstand. I find it great for dry lips, insect bites, grazes and nail cuticles.

Love it. Helps with dry lips and even cuts

I can use this for literally anything and it's so useful. I love it so much. Had cuts on my thigh when I tripped and fell over in a bush, used this and my cuts were healed the next day.

Best ointment for rashes and skin hydration without a doubt

I cannot praise this ointment enough. It has the best healing and hydration properties I have come across. For nappy rash or sweat rash this clears it up and heals the skin. Also, to keep your skin plump and hydrated, after your shower, put an amount about the size of a pea in your hands, blend it through your hands and rub it all over you face and neck. Over a period of an hour or so it will soak into your dry area's of skin and sit on top where it is lest needed. keep rubbing back into you whole face and neck until it all absorbs. This helps keeps your skin soft, hydrated and I believe helps prevent fine lines. I use this ever day and everyone always complements me on my skin. Give it a try you will love it. Don't spend a fortune on expensive creams, this works and also prevents chapped lips, I love it !!!

Perfect

Nothing better then being able to pull out my paw paw ointment and the best part is it's versatile i use it for everything and when my baby has nappy rash aswell.

Introduced when I was breastfeeding

My sister gave me a pot of Lucas Pawpaw Ointment almost 20 years ago when I was still in hospital after the birth of my daughter.

She suggested I use it on my sore nipples. It worked a treat and I’ve used it ever since for itches, dry skin and lips.

Would recommend to anyone and especially like having a handy tube in my handbag.

Excellent stuff, I use it for many things so does like everyone else in my family. Always carry one in my bag when I can, excellent to have on for small things.

Perfect product,,

Excellent product. We use it for our lips and elbows. It is great for itchy skin and minor cuts. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. It is affordable and available at most grocery stores and chemists.

Cost Effective Product that Works!

Have used this product for years.
Great all rounder for itchy skin, burns, scratches, mozzie bites, lips & even for kids & pets.
Have one in my bag, bathroom & car. Very affordable.

I hv scars on my legs .due to itchy skin Is this papaw cream work on it
maybe depends, if your scars are young it will help healing but if scars are old, you will have to try and see,Ok thanxHi Roshni, I would try the pawpaw ointment on your scars. You have nothing to lose, & everything to gain. If it doesn't work, I'd suggest you go into a chemist shop & talk to the girls behind the counter at the pharmacy. They usually have lots of good advice on what products to us for this & that. Their advice is always free, too :)

How long do I continue to use the ointment on a small burnt area? Thanks Michael
Just apply while healing occursHi Michael, just keep applying for as long as you think is necessary. If you have any problems, just discontinue using it. This pawpaw ointment may help minimalise the blistering that can occur from a burn, too.

Please advise if this can remove dark spot due to insect bites? Please answer. Thanks
Hi Isha, Dark spot from insect bites? I don't know. Try the pawpaw ointment & see if it works. If it doesn't, it can be used for many other things. Lucas Pawpaw OIntment is a bit expensive, so if you haven't bought any already, I'd suggest you just buy a small tube first to see how you get on. Its about $6, I think.

• GTIN14: 09316199000020