Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Pros

• Provides soothing relief for most

• Multi-purpose healing benefits

• Good value for money

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (25)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Joi B.
Joi B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Must have product for me

I have been using it for years. A good and inexpensive product. great for burns, rash, small cuts and heal well and fast. I have it handy all the time.

JemmRen
JemmRenCentral West, NSW

A True Aussie product ...

Have been using this wonderful, all Australian product for over 6 years. Thank you !
Originally, it was 2x 200gr weekly but now have graduated to just 2 x 75gr jars. I think every car and fridge should have at least 1 jar on hand.
I have a chronic wound which heals completely from time to time but in the meantime, there are no nasties in LPP that can irritate sensitive skin .

Purchased in December 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $12.00.

Darron64
Darron64Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dry and cracked lips

Every hayfever season I get dry cracked lips, especially in the corners of my mouth that become painful. This is the only thing that worked to cure and prevent it. Literally within an hour of putting it on I could feel the lips starting to reduce in the burning sensation. Within a few days I was almost back to normal. Before that I used Nivea and one called Carmex but neither did anything. I don't know how this stuff works but it is amazing. I now bought the large jar which was about $20 something as it is better value. I'm not sure what else I will use it for but am glad I have it handy.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Nat
NatNew South Wales

Best lip balm

My favourite lip balm, I have been using it for years. I use it daily and think it's great for hydrating lips. Prefer it in the tube rather than the tub.

Cath B
Cath BSydney, NSW

My Winter Staple

I have used other Papaw ointments before but have recently had extremely dry and cracked lips. I decided to purchase this product to try and see if would be better than the other branded versions of papaw ointments. This product has helped to heal my lips and prevent my lips from cracking and chapping. I have since repurchased this product to keep at home and in different bags. Only con is when I have coated my lips that sometimes it can leave and spread a little greasy/oily residue further down on my chin and upper lip but a quick swipe of a tissue will clear this.

Purchased in June 2020 at Priceline for $5.99.

Good product! Cheap but useful

I saw a lot people recommended it online. It says good for damaged skin like dry lip or hand. I bought one for my mom. Her hands always become dry at winter. I asked my mom to use it daily. After a few weeks, she said not bad...it makes hands smooth a bit. But it's oily for her.

Purchased in December 2019.

Review collected in partnership with Lucas' Papaw Remedies

Julie S
Julie SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trusty staple

My staple beauty product that I don’t go anywhere without. This product moisturizes without being greasy, saving my chapped lips and fixing dry skin on my face, hands and elbows.

Purchased in January 2000 at Coles for $5.00.

Sheryl
SherylSydney, NSW

Not effective

It’s not very effective for already dry lips and it dries up too quickly without moisturising your lips. I’ve used other pure paw paw ointments that work much better and this one just seems to have too many other chemicals in it and it doesn’t give any sort of protective barrier or moisture. Would never buy again.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $7.00.

Harriet Randall
Harriet RandallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Staple part of my make up kit

Love love love this product, I have ben using for years, I use it for almost everything. This was a life saver when I was sick too, is great for sores and burns.

Purchased in January 2000 at Coles for $599.00.

Siobhan C.
Siobhan C.

Love this

Love this stuff, I have sensitive lips and this helps alot. Tried other products and they irritate my lips. Plus this product smells nice. Also helps with irritated skin, like burns.

ShaniaB
ShaniaBsydney

a staple part of my makeup pouch for 5 years

I didn't knew I would love a product this much but this ointment is an exception. I have chapped and flaky lips and everytime I exfoliate, I use this. This makes my lips look and feel better.

Purchased in February 2020.

Shazza
ShazzaSydney, NSW

Love it on my face!

I don’t use this on my lips, but this has been a staple in my beauty routine for at least 10 years. Sometimes the skin on my face can feel dull, lifeless and dry and I put this on overnight and the next morning it feels so smooth, fresh and plumper. I have never sensitive skin but this has never made me break into pimples. Definitely recommend for adults and kids too.

Robo
RoboSydney Surrounds, NSW

Miracle cream

Healed divers in sons arm and thigh after black run mountain bike crash at Derby, Sealed the holes with the ointment and covered with non stick bandage,cleaned every day with baby wipes, new ointment and new non stick bandage, the paw paw ointment kept the deep wound infection free,and healed in leaps and bounds,O recomend this for everyone,

Purchased for $4.00.

Jillian walker
Jillian walkerHamilton

pawpaw ointment

Smell
jule61
jule61Perth, WA

Can't stand the taste. Melts off like petroleum jelly. What's all the fuss for?!

Seriously I can't understand the fuss with the Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment. It keeps being recommended to me as a lip balm by chemist staff and consumers alike but I think they've got rocks in their head. There's hardly any pawpaw in it for crying out loud, it tastes awful and it melts off in no time like petroleum jelly. I much prefer the Nivea lip balms which stay on, stay soft and moist without melting off, and are not offensive to taste if your tongue makes contact. Won't be going down the Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment road again.

Kirsten P.asked

Can I use Lucas paw paw on my cat ? She has been wearing a soft cone for months now after she had a large cut on her back and was in the vet for nearly a month. She came home with just a tiny cut left and every time it scabs over she can just get her foot under the cone far enough to itch and rip off the scab. It’s not infected. I just thought maybe the paw paw would take the some of the itch away but not sure if safe to use on my cat.. and she can finally fully heal !

Kirsten P.

I just found my answer on justanswer.cat website and the answer from a qualified vet was that yes paw paw is fine to use on cats as is non toxic and can help a bit! So thought I’d answer my own question incase this helps anyone else in the future !

MTA
MTAasked

Can the ointment ube used for inner thiggs rash?

Peter
Peterasked

Could please tell me if Lucas ointment is good to be used for itchy testicles. Thank you

See all Lucas' Papaw Ointment questions

Features

• Lucas’ Papaw Ointment has a number of different uses. For many people, it’s used to soothe chapped and dry lips. However, it has other benefits for the skin, including soothing inflamed skin, cuts and minor open wounds, or skin affected by thorns, splinters, minor burns and scalds or gravel rash.
  • This ointment can also be used to treat nappy rash, help heal chafing and grazing caused by sports injuries, and provide relief from mosquito bites.
  • Apart from papaw, the ingredients of Lucas’ Papaw Ointment also contain 0.1mg/g of potassium sorbate as a preservative, as well as gum balsam peru as a perfume.
  • This multi-purpose ointment is available in 3 tube sizes; 15g, 25g or 75g; or in a 200g tub.

Points of praise

• Reviewers mainly hailed Lucas' Papaw Ointment as a reliable product to soothe dry, cracked skin when nothing else did the job. This was particularly appreciated during the winter months. Several reviewers even bought multiple tubs or tubes to keep them in different rooms in the house, or in their car.
  • This ointment helped with healing minor cuts and burns, which provided much-needed relief for reviewers.
  • Many reviewers had sensitive skin, and reported that this naturally-based product didn’t irritate their skin or make them uncomfortable.
  • Lucas' Papaw Ointment is believed to be good value for money; especially the larger $20 tub.

Points to consider

• While the majority of reviewers loved Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment, there were some who couldn’t understand the praise. Some people found the formula too sticky or greasy, with not enough pawpaw in it. Others found that it simply didn’t work, or left lips feeling chapped. A small number of reviewers experienced allergic reactions.
  • GTIN14: 09316199000020