Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

See the Best Lip Care Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Lucas' Papaw Remedies? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Provides soothing relief for most
Multi-purpose healing benefits
Good value for money

Cool B.
Cool B.

Great product handy to carry everywhere

Great for that soothing itch or scar that needs to heal. Handy to carry around and use when needed.

• Smell

Irritate my baby’s face

Used on my 4 month old baby’s dry face overnight and woke up in the morning his face was so red and looks burnt. The area that I applied the ointment was the only red area. Poor bubba!

Alicia
AliciaSouth Australia

My holy grail product I can't live without

This product is the only product I will use as lip balm because it's keeps my lips soft and hydrated all day. It is fragrance free and also tasteless. It's thick and does a fantastic job of protecting my lips from cracking. It's non sticky and can also be used for cuts and grazes so it's not only a lip balm. I also use this on nappy rashes on my toddler and also it's a fantastic heel balm. It's a fantastic hydrator and protector with many uses.

Customer
CustomerSydney, NSW

Petrolatum with pawpaw washing

Marketed as pawpaw ointment but if you check the ingredients that is minimal. It is almost all petrolatum. I avoid petrolatum but many like it.
You can get petrolatum, probably in a less irritating iteration by just buying petrolatum jelly/ Vaseline.

An ointment for everything

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Cameron
CameronSydney, NSW

This Product Saved Me

Well... After a night of vigorous [censored word removed] my twin downstairs suffered from serious friction burns. I used this product the very next morning and within 12 hours I was ready to go again, this probably was not designed for this purpose but it clearly states "Faster healing and relief on cuts, burns and scrapes" and this product worked absolute wonders. Cheap and effective solution #pheonominal #whoneedslube

Purchased in at Chemist Australia for $4.99.

Lozcoz
LozcozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only ointment that we have found that doesn’t sting

Faster healing and nice relief on cuts, burns and scraps. The kids will only allow this on them when hurt as it doesn’t sting haven’t really noticed any scarring difference

Purchased in at Coles for $6.99.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Joi B.
Joi B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Must have product for me

I have been using it for years. A good and inexpensive product. great for burns, rash, small cuts and heal well and fast. I have it handy all the time.

JemmRen
JemmRenCentral West, NSW

A True Aussie product ...

Have been using this wonderful, all Australian product for over 6 years. Thank you !
Originally, it was 2x 200gr weekly but now have graduated to just 2 x 75gr jars. I think every car and fridge should have at least 1 jar on hand.
I have a chronic wound which heals completely from time to time but in the meantime, there are no nasties in LPP that can irritate sensitive skin .

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $12.

Darron64
Darron64Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dry and cracked lips

Every hayfever season I get dry cracked lips, especially in the corners of my mouth that become painful. This is the only thing that worked to cure and prevent it. Literally within an hour of putting it on I could feel the lips starting to reduce in the burning sensation. Within a few days I was almost back to normal. Before that I used Nivea and one called Carmex but neither did anything. I don't know how this stuff works but it is amazing. I now bought the large jar which was about $20 something as it is better value. I'm not sure what else I will use it for but am glad I have it handy.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $20.

• Causes Irritation No
Nat
NatNew South Wales

Best lip balm

My favourite lip balm, I have been using it for years. I use it daily and think it's great for hydrating lips. Prefer it in the tube rather than the tub.

Cath B
Cath BSydney, NSW

My Winter Staple

I have used other Papaw ointments before but have recently had extremely dry and cracked lips. I decided to purchase this product to try and see if would be better than the other branded versions of papaw ointments. This product has helped to heal my lips and prevent my lips from cracking and chapping. I have since repurchased this product to keep at home and in different bags. Only con is when I have coated my lips that sometimes it can leave and spread a little greasy/oily residue further down on my chin and upper lip but a quick swipe of a tissue will clear this.

Purchased in at Priceline for $5.99.

Good product! Cheap but useful

I saw a lot people recommended it online. It says good for damaged skin like dry lip or hand. I bought one for my mom. Her hands always become dry at winter. I asked my mom to use it daily. After a few weeks, she said not bad...it makes hands smooth a bit. But it's oily for her.

Purchased in .

• Causes Irritation No

Review collected in partnership with Lucas' Papaw Remedies

Julie S
Julie SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trusty staple

My staple beauty product that I don’t go anywhere without. This product moisturizes without being greasy, saving my chapped lips and fixing dry skin on my face, hands and elbows.

Purchased in at Coles for $5.

Sheryl
SherylSydney, NSW

Not effective

It’s not very effective for already dry lips and it dries up too quickly without moisturising your lips. I’ve used other pure paw paw ointments that work much better and this one just seems to have too many other chemicals in it and it doesn’t give any sort of protective barrier or moisture. Would never buy again.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $7.

shanexu3
shanexu3asked

Is this the same Papaw Ointment recalled by the TGA over microbial contamination?

Kirsten P.asked

Can I use Lucas paw paw on my cat ? She has been wearing a soft cone for months now after she had a large cut on her back and was in the vet for nearly a month. She came home with just a tiny cut left and every time it scabs over she can just get her foot under the cone far enough to itch and rip off the scab. It’s not infected. I just thought maybe the paw paw would take the some of the itch away but not sure if safe to use on my cat.. and she can finally fully heal !

Kirsten P.

I just found my answer on justanswer.cat website and the answer from a qualified vet was that yes paw paw is fine to use on cats as is non toxic and can help a bit! So thought I’d answer my own question incase this helps anyone else in the future !

MTA
MTAasked

Can the ointment ube used for inner thiggs rash?

See all Lucas' Papaw Ointment questions

Features

• Lucas’ Papaw Ointment has a number of different uses. For many people, it’s used to soothe chapped and dry lips. However, it has other benefits for the skin, including soothing inflamed skin, cuts and minor open wounds, or skin affected by thorns, splinters, minor burns and scalds or gravel rash.
  • This ointment can also be used to treat nappy rash, help heal chafing and grazing caused by sports injuries, and provide relief from mosquito bites.
  • Apart from papaw, the ingredients of Lucas’ Papaw Ointment also contain 0.1mg/g of potassium sorbate as a preservative, as well as gum balsam peru as a perfume.
  • This multi-purpose ointment is available in 3 tube sizes; 15g, 25g or 75g; or in a 200g tub.

Points of praise

• Reviewers mainly hailed Lucas' Papaw Ointment as a reliable product to soothe dry, cracked skin when nothing else did the job. This was particularly appreciated during the winter months. Several reviewers even bought multiple tubs or tubes to keep them in different rooms in the house, or in their car.
  • This ointment helped with healing minor cuts and burns, which provided much-needed relief for reviewers.
  • Many reviewers had sensitive skin, and reported that this naturally-based product didn’t irritate their skin or make them uncomfortable.
  • Lucas' Papaw Ointment is believed to be good value for money; especially the larger $20 tub.

Points to consider

• While the majority of reviewers loved Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment, there were some who couldn’t understand the praise. Some people found the formula too sticky or greasy, with not enough pawpaw in it. Others found that it simply didn’t work, or left lips feeling chapped. A small number of reviewers experienced allergic reactions.
  • GTIN14: 09316199000020