Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (25)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Joi B.

Joi B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Must have product for me

I have been using it for years. A good and inexpensive product. great for burns, rash, small cuts and heal well and fast. I have it handy all the time.

JemmRen

JemmRenCentral West, NSW

A True Aussie product ...

Have been using this wonderful, all Australian product for over 6 years. Thank you !
Originally, it was 2x 200gr weekly but now have graduated to just 2 x 75gr jars. I think every car and fridge should have at least 1 jar on hand.
I have a chronic wound which heals completely from time to time but in the meantime, there are no nasties in LPP that can irritate sensitive skin .

Purchased in December 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $12.00.

Darron64

Darron64Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dry and cracked lips

Every hayfever season I get dry cracked lips, especially in the corners of my mouth that become painful. This is the only thing that worked to cure and prevent it. Literally within an hour of putting it on I could feel the lips starting to reduce in the burning sensation. Within a few days I was almost back to normal. Before that I used Nivea and one called Carmex but neither did anything. I don't know how this stuff works but it is amazing. I now bought the large jar which was about $20 something as it is better value. I'm not sure what else I will use it for but am glad I have it handy.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Nat

NatNew South Wales

Best lip balm

My favourite lip balm, I have been using it for years. I use it daily and think it's great for hydrating lips. Prefer it in the tube rather than the tub.

Cath B

Cath BSydney, NSW

My Winter Staple

I have used other Papaw ointments before but have recently had extremely dry and cracked lips. I decided to purchase this product to try and see if would be better than the other branded versions of papaw ointments. This product has helped to heal my lips and prevent my lips from cracking and chapping. I have since repurchased this product to keep at home and in different bags. Only con is when I have coated my lips that sometimes it can leave and spread a little greasy/oily residue further down on my chin and upper lip but a quick swipe of a tissue will clear this.

Purchased in June 2020 at Priceline for $5.99.

Good product! Cheap but useful

I saw a lot people recommended it online. It says good for damaged skin like dry lip or hand. I bought one for my mom. Her hands always become dry at winter. I asked my mom to use it daily. After a few weeks, she said not bad...it makes hands smooth a bit. But it's oily for her.

Purchased in December 2019.

Review collected in partnership with Lucas' Papaw Remedies

Julie S

Julie SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trusty staple

My staple beauty product that I don’t go anywhere without. This product moisturizes without being greasy, saving my chapped lips and fixing dry skin on my face, hands and elbows.

Purchased in January 2000 at Coles for $5.00.

Sheryl

SherylSydney, NSW

Not effective

It’s not very effective for already dry lips and it dries up too quickly without moisturising your lips. I’ve used other pure paw paw ointments that work much better and this one just seems to have too many other chemicals in it and it doesn’t give any sort of protective barrier or moisture. Would never buy again.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $7.00.

Harriet Randall

Harriet RandallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Staple part of my make up kit

Love love love this product, I have ben using for years, I use it for almost everything. This was a life saver when I was sick too, is great for sores and burns.

Purchased in January 2000 at Coles for $599.00.

Siobhan C.

Siobhan C.

Love this

Love this stuff, I have sensitive lips and this helps alot. Tried other products and they irritate my lips. Plus this product smells nice. Also helps with irritated skin, like burns.

ShaniaB

ShaniaBsydney

a staple part of my makeup pouch for 5 years

I didn't knew I would love a product this much but this ointment is an exception. I have chapped and flaky lips and everytime I exfoliate, I use this. This makes my lips look and feel better.

Purchased in February 2020.

Shazza

ShazzaSydney, NSW

Love it on my face!

I don’t use this on my lips, but this has been a staple in my beauty routine for at least 10 years. Sometimes the skin on my face can feel dull, lifeless and dry and I put this on overnight and the next morning it feels so smooth, fresh and plumper. I have never sensitive skin but this has never made me break into pimples. Definitely recommend for adults and kids too.

Robo

RoboSydney Surrounds, NSW

Miracle cream

Healed divers in sons arm and thigh after black run mountain bike crash at Derby, Sealed the holes with the ointment and covered with non stick bandage,cleaned every day with baby wipes, new ointment and new non stick bandage, the paw paw ointment kept the deep wound infection free,and healed in leaps and bounds,O recomend this for everyone,

Purchased for $4.00.

Jillian walker

Jillian walkerHamilton

pawpaw ointment

Smell
jule61

jule61Perth, WA

Can't stand the taste. Melts off like petroleum jelly. What's all the fuss for?!

Seriously I can't understand the fuss with the Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment. It keeps being recommended to me as a lip balm by chemist staff and consumers alike but I think they've got rocks in their head. There's hardly any pawpaw in it for crying out loud, it tastes awful and it melts off in no time like petroleum jelly. I much prefer the Nivea lip balms which stay on, stay soft and moist without melting off, and are not offensive to taste if your tongue makes contact. Won't be going down the Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment road again.

Thehonestreviewer

Thehonestreviewer

Soothing and not rough on the skin

Great for burns, cracked lips, cuts . It soothes excema and rashes a little it doesn't take that itchiness away . Its great for cracked skin on hands it soothes the burning sensation when the skin on your hands is cracked and sore . good value for money.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Verity

VerityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Healing magic

I used a face cream that apparently was similar to a fruit peel and I had burns on my face. It felt like my face was on fire. Nothing worked and I was scared to use anything on my face. I was new to the country and had no clue what to do. I had tried aloe Vera ointment and it just made matters worse. My neighbor suggested this red tubes ointment and although I had my doubts, I gave it a shot on a small patch of the burn. Voila! In about a minute the burning had subdued. I splattered it gently all over. The redness had decreased within an hour. It took three days to clear my skin out. I use it on my children for burns and scrapes now.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

SweetPea89

SweetPea89Darwin, NT

A product that sells it's self

The brand sells itself, I have never seen any advising nor heard a radio commercial about the product but every women has telepathically informed every sister that this product is a must and need multiple tubes of. Chapped lips, Skin scrapes or squeaky hinges, Lucas' Papaw Ointment is the ideal product to have close by

Jessa

JessaWestern Australia

PERFECT!!

This product in my opinion is a holy grail product, something that should be everybody should own. It can be used on scrapes, cuts, rough skin or as a lip balm. I like to use it when my lips feel chapped as other lip balms tend to dry out my lips. Above all it is affordable , easily accessible and the colour makes it easy to find if you have a tendency to lose items(like me).

Purchased for $5.00.

jenny

jenny

best for everything

I keep it in by bathroom I keep it in my handbag I keep it in my glovebox It'll solve any dry skin problem Great for sensitive skin Even babies

Purchased at Coles Online for $2.00.