3Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment

• Dry Skin (2)
  • Normal Skin (1)
  • Sensitive Skin (1)
  • Combination Skin (2)
Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (6)
Heals minor wounds
Reduces the appearance of scars
Relieves skin dryness
Brand Manager for Ungvita? Claim your listing.
See the Best Skin Irritation Care Products in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kate
KateNSWSydney, NSW

It is ok

Great for hydration. Dislike the smell. Have not noticed any difference at all in the appearance of my skin, scars or lines. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Debra
DebraTasmania2 posts

Best ointment for itches

Best ointment for itches. Stops them and heals the skin. Have used it for years. Great for burns, itchy skin, dry skin. Soothes immediately and heals so quickly. Always have a tube with me. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Kathy N.
Kathy N.QLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD4 posts

This is brilliant at healing - for 60+ years. Nothing better

My grandmother used this, my mother used this, I used it & my three adult sons wouldn't live without it. Nothing heals so quickly for off the shelf products. I don't know why it isn't more popular. I have to order it in at my pharmacy. I am using it today to heal my severely sunburnt lip. Show details
RobboNSWMid North Coast, NSW10 posts

I literally can't live without Ungvita

I have Lichen Sclerosis and use this every day morning and night. It is the only product that not only eases the condition but doesn't sting or burn when applied. The only drawback is it doesn't come in a small tub, the tube isn't enough for me as I use twice per day, 7 days per week, every day of the year.

I hope the manufacturer sees this as many people have this auto immune condition and use Ungvita ointment. Show details ·  1

Ease of Application
Smell
Chris M.
Chris M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Ease of Application
Smell
Sharron71
Sharron71QLDNorth Queensland, QLD4 posts

Gentlest ointment out there

I used Ungvita exclusively for my babies nappy rashes and it never stung or caused a skin reaction. My babies are now parents and have used other products on their babies. I still always have Ungvita in the cupboard, but recently tried one of the alternative ointments recommended for nappy rash on myself. It was not as painless as Ungvita. All babies deserve the least painful option on their delicate skin. Show details
Mandog
MandogNSWSydney, NSW18 posts

Skin Recovered From A Dry Patch Of Skin

From a dry brown patch of skin Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment made my skin return back to its original skin colour within approximately a week. Apply 3 times a day. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Andi
AndiAU7 posts

Ungvita - TOP must have in your home!

Ungvita Ointment has to be one of the TOP must haves in your home. I use on my face when I have had a breakout and used my Differin (adapalene) Gel. The Differin Gel dries out the skin therefore you need something to help slough of the dead cells and Ungvita does this. It also helps the healing process.

Glen
GlenSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

I have used Ungvita successfully for over 65 years

I have used Ungvita successfully for over 65 years. As a child I noticed the cod liver oil smell but liked it because it worked "like magic" (my words in the 1950s) on my cuts and grazes. A few years ago I bought a "lower smell" version of it but found it was not as effective so I went back to the smelly version. I bought a new tube recently and was pleased to see it was still available. I know of nothing else that comes near its rapid healing qualities. I am surprised this aspect is not prominently written on the tube and container.

Show reply

Luisa
Luisa

Reduces scar

I used it on my scar ( 7 stitches on my face) help heal and scar is hardly visible. It’s fabulous,

I used ungvita in the morning and before bed, and during day , almost like usual get lip balm , constant applying it on the wound.

Blackbird
BlackbirdNZAuckland, NZ

Can't recommend enough - Great for fine lines and wrinkles

Purchased this just recently (used to use it 30 years ago) for dry skin.

Used a small pea sized amount on my face and after 3 days noticed a change in fine lines and wrinkles. Am now sold on it and apply a thin layer every night, will always have a tube on hand.

Nat
Nat

#1 for facial wrinkles and clarity

Been using this product on my face for 20+ years. I am always in the sun, tanning, long summers and dry winters.Never used sunblock - should look 65, but people think Im in my 30's, Im 46 years old. This is a true miracle cream if you give it a chance. Very tiny amount the size of a peppercorn rubbed in morning and night.

carmel
carmel16 posts

Ungvita

I was using it in the 60's to heal wounds on my horses. Vet recommendation - worked a treat. I am still using it today in the house but also outside on the horses.

fox
foxNewcastle n.s.w. Australia3 posts

Family tradition

I am nearly 67 years old and have been using ungvita all my life. My parents used this product . All my children have a tube of ungvita it is magnificent for cuts , blisters , burns cracked heals and it usually takes soreness away from wounds in a hour after applying this product. I have various stories of when I have used ungvita and would love to know when this product was invented.

Caroline
CarolineBrisbane4 posts

Skin Saver

What stands out from this product is actually the smell. Pungent to most people with its fishy aroma (since Vitamin A is usually derived from Cod fish). However, the consistency and the texture of the ointment is perfect for almost everything from preventing and reducing fine lines and wrinkles, cracked heels and nipples, rough knees and elbows. In my case, I had used to promote the skin healing of my very prone eczema spots. I would recommend to use this during night time while you sleep, and wash it of via bath or shower within the next morning as the smell can be noticeable in public. I still give it 5/5 because it has been a huge help to my skin.

Samira B.
Samira B.

Can I used for tattoo

Merilyn B.
Merilyn B.

What is the length of time to keep Ungvita before it's too old to use?

rachel s.
rachel s.

Does this ointment help fungal skin infections

Robbo

I wrote the review, I use it everyday for an autoimmune skin disorder. I don't know if it would help for a fungal infection, however as it's used for babies nappy rash I would consider it safe to give it a try, it works brilliantly for me.

Chris M.

In my experience, it isn't helpful with fungal infections, until the fungus has been dealt with. Hydrosol is what you want to fix that. Just a little goes a long way.

This product can be used for the effective treatment of dry skin conditions such as chafed skin, cracked heels and minor skin disorders such as wounds, scratches, mild eczema, dermatitis, cuts and abrasions.

Each gram contains 1800 IU retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), cod liver oil and has a petroleum jelly base.

Features

• For relief of dry skin conditions such as chafed skin, cracked heels and mild eczema.
  • For treatment of minor skin disorders such as wounds, scratches, cuts and abrasions.
  • Contains Vitamin A. Relieves skin dryness. Improves minor wound healing.

What reviewers thought about this product

It is useful for healing small wounds and for restoring dry skin to its original state. It has rapid healing qualities as well as working to reduce hyperpigmentation and scars.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Ungvita? Claim your listing.
Lucas' Papaw Ointment